We have helped thousands of Americans settle their outstanding obligations, guiding them to an improved financial position and a fresh opportunity to participate in our economy. We give individuals the chance to rebuild their credit, secure a new job, or even take steps towards their first home by removing the burden of debt from their day-to-day lives.
We are looking for an experienced legal assistant/paralegal in our Bristol, PA location to assist our collections attorneys recover outstanding debts for creditor clients in both NJ and PA.
- Gather and confirm case documentation such as contracts, invoices, promissory notes and security agreements.
- Perform public records research regarding financial status and assets, perform skip tracing efforts and review cases for bankruptcies.
- Draft legal documents such as demand letters, summons, motions for judgment or default judgment and notice of intent to file lien statement.
- Maintain regular contact with court and clients, prepare and respond to a variety of legal documents in the post-judgment phase of collection activities such as complaints, motions, writs, garnishments and discovery.
- File and service complaints, monitor dates for responses, schedule depositions and creditor’s examinations and calculate attorney’s fees/costs and post-judgment interest.
- Associates degree in Paralegal Studies (or related discipline) or a paralegal certificate.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with knowledge of New Jersey pre and post-judgment civil litigation processing/filing.
- Experience with New Jersey civil courts, both Special Civil Part, including use of JEFIS, and Law Division, preferred.
- Proficient in legal research, electronic discovery and database tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a high level of Microsoft Excel expertise.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly learn company-specific systems.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment.
DBG Collection Incorporated was established in October of 2001 and maintains the management aspect for the Law Firm of Allan C. Smith...