We are looking for an experienced Service Manager for our service department. We are moving from our current location and are looking for someone to manage a 20 bay shop.
The Service Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the ABC Service Department. The Service Manager reports to the Operations Manager.
The Service Manager is accountable for managing the day-to-day operations of the ABC Service Department . The Service Manager is also accountable for holding theft and/or shrinkage to a minimum.
Key Results Areas
The Service Manager must achieve results in these areas to be successful on the job: Customer Service, Operations and Administration.
- Maintain professional business etiquette in person and on the telephone.
- Respond to customer complaints and issues promptly and effectively.
- Focus on the customer by asking questions, use active listening and determine solutions to problems.
- Maintain and build positive relationships with outside vendors and other DBS and ABC departments.
- Ensure that all needed parts are purchased at the best possible cost. Reviews invoices to ensure that every part is billed.
- Prioritize Service Technician’s work load to ensure repairs are scheduled and completed as quickly as possible.
- When repossessions come in, work with repo agent and inventory buyer to process vehicles as quickly as possible.
- Responsible for conducting performance-based second interviews with potential department hires and making hiring recommendations to Management Team.
- Supervise Service Department staff – train them in all aspects of their position, track attendance, monitor work performance, resolve issues and provide leadership and guidance.
- Work with Corporate Trainer to design and facilitate training programs.
- Conduct monthly reviews and document all performance issues and attendance.
- Must become familiar with Mitchel and AutoMasters.
- High School Graduate.
- Keyboarding/Basic computer skills – Microsoft Office, e-mail and Internet.
- Must have valid driver’s license with a maximum of four points.
- Must be bondable.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Indeed - 20 months ago
DBS Financial has provided financing for ABC MotorCredit Automotive Sales Lots for over 22 years, making it possible for credit challenged...