DES Architects + Engineers, a leading design firm in the Bay Area who believes in staff mentoring and continuing education, and provides an environment that nurtures growth and career advancement. DES offers a competitive salary and benefits package, flexible work schedule plus lots of fun events and special services. We are presently looking for dynamic individuals for the following position:
Job Title: Project Architect
The project architect will be responsible for the coordination and oversight of the construction documentation and administration process from schematic design through contract administration and project close-out. They will be responsible for leading the technical team including in-house staff and external consultants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strong team leadership.
- Lead team and client meetings.
- Oversee and manage production of construction documents for ground-up core & shell as well as renovation projects.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure coordinated, high quality construction documents.
- Serve as the “go-to” person for architectural detailing questions.
- Proactively coordinate effectively with clients, project team, consultants and contractors gaining their trust and confidence.
- Conduct construction administration activities including site visits, RFI responses, submittal and punch list reviews.
- Inspire, develop and mentor architectural design staff
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Positive, out-going, energetic and fun team player who enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
- Architectural License, State of California
- Superior verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office programs.
- Passion for providing exceptional client service.
- Deep knowledge of technical design and documentation of office and R&D buildings.
- Strong working knowledge of California Building Codes and agency requirements.
- Ability to meet schedule deadlines and work within the client’s budget.
- BS Architecture, 6-8 years experience
If you meet the minimum qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply with your resume and cover letter.
About DES: For 40 years, DES Architects + Engineers, Inc. has created working, learning, and healing environments for our clients. As a full-service design firm headquartered in Redwood City, California, DES provides creative and sustainable solutions that serve the needs of clients in life sciences, technology, healthcare, education, municipalities, and the development community. In-house professional services include architecture, interior design, civil and structural engineering, landscape architecture, visual communications and LEED coordination. The company’s staff values collaboration to achieve design excellence, applying creativity to each client’s unique vision.
As one of the top planning firms in the San Francisco Bay Area, DES offers an integrated project approach that leads to increased accuracy, quicker project delivery, and a better use of valuable resources.
DES Architects + Engineers | 399 Bradford Street, Redwood City, California | phone: 650.364.6453 | fax: 650.364.2618 | www.des-ae.com