Design Molded Plastics is a custom injection molding company that supports clients in the medical, automotive, appliance, sports equipment, and consumer industries. Our culture of quality and manufacturing excellence makes us a market-leader in the plastics industry and our continued growth depends on quality-driven and motivated individuals desiring to be a part of our successful team.
Establish and maintain profitable relationships with customers on behalf of the company and actively prospect new accounts and maximize sales potential with existing customers.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on current and prospective customers to solicit orders, or communicate with customers by phone or email
- Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules
- Prepare reports of business transactions and keep expense accounts
- Work with Sales Manager to keep account activities and literature up to date
- Enter new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database
- Develop and maintain relationships with purchasing contacts
- Investigate and resolve customer problems
- Attend trade shows
- Assist Sales Manager to service current or potential customers (i.e. delivering or picking up samples, quoting new parts, etc.)
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B A) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer Skills: Proficient with computers and knowledgeable in Microsoft Suite
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents Ability to write business correspondence Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to read customer part drawings and an understanding of measurement methods and equipment* Possible overnight/extended travel.
- Commitment to ongoing training.
We offer excellent working conditions in a clean climate controlled environment. Exceptional compensation, health, dental, vision & matching 401k plan.
Indeed - 20 months ago