DFW Furniture is currently seeking a Store Manager for our Washington, PA location
The ideal candidate will possess at least 1 years retail management experience. Furniture experience would be a plus.
This a selling manager position so the candidate must have a strong ability to convert a shopper into a buyer.
The position is compensated with a salary plus commission on personal sales and a monthly overide bonus on toal store sales. There is also spiff's paid on warranty product at 25% of the retail.
This position is a full time position with benefits such as medical , dental and eye care with a portion of the premiun paid by the company.
We also provide paid vacation, 401K and a reasonable employee discount.
Designer Furniture Warehouse, LLC
Position: Furniture Store Manager (exempt)
Reports to: District Manager
Perform total operations of a furniture retail store. Achieve a profitable business by managing the operations, merchandising, staff selection, and training process. Provide superior customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities: (includes but not limited to the following)
- This is a selling Manager position. The Manager must represent 30% of the overall store sales on a monthly basis.
- Responsibility shall include the operational performance of the store including but not limited to cash accountability, inventory control, ledger reconciliation, opening and closing procedures, and execution of all operational policies, procedures and business strategies directed by the general office.
- Responsible for selection, training and scheduling of all non-exempt employees.
- Responsible for effectively communicating and holding all associates accountable for their specific individual sales performance; this would include their overall specific written and delivered sales as well as their sales by department.
- Responsible for maintaining an efficient level of product knowledge and the ability to educate all associates with the same knowledge.
- Responsible for maintaining safety guidelines, HR and company policies.
- Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills are required.
- Responsible for scheduling and conducting regular weekly sales training meetings.
- Supervises all merchandising including but not limited to presentation of merchandise, signing, ad set, and special events.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory control including but not limited to proper handling of damaged goods, BOL reconciliation, merchandise ordering, shipping and receiving of merchandise.
- Responsible for maintaining the Facility.
- Computer and register skills required.
- Required to work at least 45 hours per week with a varying shift schedule.
- Required to be the closing Manager a minimum of two nights per week. (Friday or Saturday).
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs and perform physical activity at a sustained pace including but not limited to loading and unloading of trucks, stocking, ticketing, merchandise set-up.