- The Right People the Right Way is our company motto. DHI wants to partner with great talent and we accomplish this by employing talented candidates who want to view their employment with us as a career and not just a job.
- We are a national mortgage lender for the #1 builder in the country, DR Horton and are seeking qualified mortgage underwriters for its Phoenix location.
- 1st Mortgage underwriter primarily responsible for underwriting credit and appraisals on FHA/VA/Conv purchase money loans.Candidates will review files for compliance with state and federal regulations, to insure loan meets agency and investor standards and evaluate credit, income and assets for compliance with current guidelines.
- DHI provides consistent training on new and revised guidelines, processes and procedures as well as constant commmunications as changes are made
- This position requires strong communication and customer service skills as there is frequent contact with processors, loan officers and management during the loan process.
- Strong organizational skills are required along with a focus on quality decision making.
- DHI Mortgage places great emphasis on our employees working in a team environment and working closely with the underwriting team, processing teams and branch teams in order to meet our regional goal.
- The mortgage underwriting candidate will be trained thoroughly by our corporate training department and will perform multiple test cases to insure success in the position.
- An FHA Direct Endorsement and/or VA Automatic with LAPP approval is preferred.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3-5 years of 1st mortgage conforming underwiting experience to apply.
- DHI also provides great benefits such as paid time off, sick time accrual, medical/dental/ vision insurance,401K with matching capability and a stock purchase plan.
Indeed - 18 months ago