DHL Express Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  5155 Lamar avenue,Memphis, TNDecember 8, 2016
Worked well with my supervisors and managers to ensure the smooth sailing of the business on a daily basis.
If you go to work and work as needed ,meet the productivity for the company, adhere to the culture of the company, the managers, directors and supervisors all recognize your good job. The acknowledgment of ones effort always go a long way. Chances of openings and you moving on up are very high.
Got along great with my co-workers and will surely miss them .
The hardest part of the job was multi-tasking in the beginning but everything became smooth sailing once the vacant spots were filled up and everyone had to focus primarily on their tasks.
Most enjoyable part of the job was always going in to an enjoyable working environment where we all enjoyed our work .We worked hard and made it fun as well. You could easily work a 14 hr shift without even realizing that time had gone by so fast.
Pros
free lunches, Good incentives to promote employee motivation to work, good benefit package, Open door policy, Ability for the upper management to interact with the assosciates freely
Cons
no cons.....loved working at this place
Strong Company who cared about their employees
Lead Billing Specialist, Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2016
Compensation was a bit on the low side, but they had excellent health benefits. Management was fair and ensured proper training was provided with room for advancement which was encouraged.
Pros
Strong Company offering excellent health benefits
Cons
low compensation
Very great and productive company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 26, 2016
Nice company to work for. Worked days fir the company. Was able. To have work life balance. A workday would consist of you sitting at a desk in call center environment taking incoming calls. Assisting the customer as well as going above and beyond resolving custimer issues with one call resolutions. Balancing adhereance/ availability. I really enjoyed the feedback i would recieve from management it would help me to improve on my performance
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
No growth
Great Place To Work
payroll administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHNovember 6, 2016
Amazing culture, positive environment, good pay. There is a lot of room for advancement, management is open to new ideas and believe in working with associates on an individual level.
Numbers,numbers,numbers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 30, 2016
DHL supply-chain is not concerned with employees work balance or life for that matter. This company is run solely on meeting numbers, that is because the company has no product to offer other than the sweat of their employees. There is definitely room for "advancement" although it is not your typical advancement, Advancement at DHL entails that you will be taking on much more responsibility and accountability, but there will be no compensation, same money, more problems.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
It is a third party logistics job.
Unproductive, no advancements, no benefits.
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  CLLNovember 17, 2016
No raises, minute holidays, no benefits, rules change daily, heavy lifting, no maintenence backup, delivery is expected in any type of bad weather, overtime pay is avoided. Two lawsuits have already been filed with this contractor (for different reasons) in this past year.
Pros
Can drive company van home (if rural)
Cons
No raises, no holidays, no benefits, everyday changes, heavy lifting, bad weather
Great place to start a career and learn.
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 29, 2016
DHL Supply chain is a great place for anyone to start a career. They provide vast training and more often than not have room for advancement.

Benefits offered by this company are by far better than most companies I know of.

I started with no experience and in three months I was able to pick product for LTL and TL size shipments utilizing a stand up high reach forklift and/or a dock stocker. I was also able to learn how to perform cycle counts and load outbound trucks.

The only de-motivation is not being able to attain a first shift position when I needed it.
Pros
Paid Lunch. Great benefits. Hours do not get cut.
Cons
Stuck on 2nd shift. Supervisor tenure and experience is low.
Dhl
Encoder loader/unloader (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAOctober 16, 2016
The job was good just didn't understand how the supervisor of the warehouse was always mad at the world. I understand that this is a professional warehouse and I should be speaking properly, but the man that works there and is in control of the warehouse needs to switch his attitude and he needs to give people on there first day a chance to try and understand how the job works. I've seen and heard of so many people getting fired of the dumbest things ever or they'll get fired just because he is having a bad day. So with all this being said he needs to respect people instead talking to them and treating them like their peasants. Every other worker of higher ranking that worked at DHL were good and some were great just the head supervisor wasn't.
Good but could be better
Operational Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJanuary 9, 2017
Dhl overall is a good company, however, the managment team I worked for needs much improvement and training. Unfair treatment for supervisors. Work life balance for 2nd shift not balanced. Required to work minimum 10 hours
Cons
NO WORK LIFE BALANCE, MANAGEMENT TEAM "THUMBS DOWN"
Great place to work your way up the latter
Import Agent/ Courier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 28, 2016
The company offered a solid benefits and salary package. Plenty of room to move around the company and or move up the corporate latter. Management encourages adjustments to make systems work at full efficiency.
Fast-paced Dynamic Organization
Director of Training Design & Support (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 17, 2016
Working for a global organization a great opportunity for one to learn new insights daily. My day consisted of managing a group of instructional designers who developed programs for our internal clients. In my role, I liaised with our clients to ensure quality and timely delivery of our product. Additionally, I was a problem solver. For instance, when faced with the challenge of having to train over 1200 supervisors on a newly developed program in a short period was a challenge to say the least, as we did not have the internal resources to support such an effort. I was able to work with a vendor that helped us procure over 40 contract trainers. My team of designers conducted the train-the-trainer and due tot he professionalism and dedication of the contract team, the program launched smoothly and successfully.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits. Excited place to work.
Cons
Work life balance.
Productive and challenging place to work.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 25, 2016
DHL is a great company and I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience working for them. I would recommend it to any recent college grad looking for leadership experience.
Pros
Benefits and job experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Union City, GADecember 5, 2016
This is a workplace where you can learn and grow. I learned a lot of things at DHL and am continuing to exel above and beyond expectation. In my role I do everything from cycle counts, setting them up for cycle counters, research missing freight, correct locations as needed, communicate with customers, associates and management changes that are made to inventory. I also operate multiple forklifts. The system that we work with is WMS and it is run off of SAP and Manhattan. I have mastered it through training from the Manhattan systems administrators and IT Team from Atlanta,Ga. What I love most about it is that I was able to open a new facility and actually be an asset to my coworkers and peers through training and motivation everyday when I come to work,
Pros
Give Aways and Incentives
Cons
Short Breaks, innability to move up in rank without knowing someone
Opportunities for advancement if you are willing to put in the time and effort.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newville, PAJune 6, 2016
Each day brings something new, from the every day struggles with associate production standards to the occasional problem truck driver. I have learned a lot with my time at DHL/Exel, going in I had no experience in warehousing, in my short time with the company I have went from an order selector to management. The opportunities are there for those who are willing to work for them.

Management goes above an beyond to ensure associates have every opportunity to succeed.

My co-workers are an exceptional group of people, they are like family.

The most challenging part of the job is getting everything completed that needs done in the allotted time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships you build with each associate on your shift. Learning the different cultures and personalities of each individual.
Great culture with awful management
International Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 25, 2016
The work culture itself is awesome. All younger people straight out of college. Potential to make high earnings. Downside is management doesn't support employees. They try to force you down paths that you don't want to. Wages in outside sales are below industry standard. Benefits are great but the management kills everything.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation
Cons
Horrible management and unclear expectations
Group Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clayton, OHOctober 28, 2016
Great associates, friendly management team. Gain lots of experience and able to be promoted within the company in a reasonable time line. Great benefits and opportunities to relocate/ advance.
Not the hardest job.
Domestic Sorter (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILNovember 28, 2016
The job is not hard and the pay is pretty decent. As far as management goes this place was pretty horrible. He was never there when you need him for authorization or help. He would constantly take smoke breaks or even sometimes leave the job area to go do something. The manager by far was the worst I've I've ever had in my life. Overall the work is easy, the co-workers are cool, but now I see that management can make or break people from wanting to stay. He lost a whole group of people including people who have been working there for some years. He loves to write people up as well so beware!
Pros
Payroll, Easy Task
Cons
Management, Short breaks, Not flexible with your schedule.
great job
Customer service rep- Tracked packages (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 5, 2017
it was a great company, great atmosphere but i was in a temp position so I didn't have full PTO and full benefits. management was easy to speak to, simple jpb, easy training.
Friendly but almost strict place to work, overall good job.
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  5600 Mark IV Prky, Fort Worth , Texas 76131January 9, 2017
The DHL Supply Chain Lego warehouse isn't a bad place to work at all. In the beginning, everyone was mostly friendly and inviting, after a few months things started to change, not because of the coworkers, but because of corporate decisions. They made a few rules more strict than they were and also changed the algorithm on what the minimum product pickings per an hour you can have. Ultimately making supervisors and leads more strict and making everyone work harder. this is one of the main reasons I've made the choice to leave when possible.
Review DHL Danza's Air & Ocean
International Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2016
The work was ok, you could always take on more work which they like but never appreciated. You could sell other services and were never acknowledged of doing so. The management was the worst because they made sure each entity within the department stayed divided so that there was animosity between co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with management who never seemed to be satisfied, the most enjoyable part was leaving at the end of the day!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL Express. Our community is ready to answer.