DHL Supply Chain USA Employee Reviews

Nice co-workers,
Lead Man (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILNovember 15, 2017
The employees are great. But management is so out of touch with their employees. The pay scale is not very good, youre topped out at 3 years and when yearly raises come up they are never very good.
Pros
lots of fringe benefits
Cons
very bad upper management
Unsafe
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PANovember 14, 2017
They allow anyone to run a lift even if they shouldn't be on one. Had several occasions where I was ran into by another person or a lift or came close to being hit by another person.
Great days off
OTR Driver / Yard driver (Current Employee) –  NevadaNovember 8, 2017
Great job for first time warehouse workers. Driver need more pay for having a CDL with haz mat. Friendly co workers. Bus stop right in front of the building for People who don’t own a car.
Pros
New building
Cons
No overtime for drivers
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2017
The DHL facility I was at had one of the best workplace environments I've ever been apart of. The GMs were engaged with the employees daily and non of the typical warehouse politics exist.
Pros
Great pay, great environment
Cons
Long work days
Free lunch one in a while
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 29, 2017
This warehouse is to old and need new people new supervisor and be more organized besides the ambient is not appropriate for young people boring place
Very fast paced scenery
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOOctober 24, 2017
It is a clean factory but fast paced scenery of work. Constant movement and deliveries to production lines and trailers. Very safe place work long 12 hr shifts
good place for work
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAOctober 18, 2017
Loading,Checking helping Supervisor with PD,helping resolve problems off picking orders.Helping Employees,prepare shipping documents for transport.Improved working conditions on the Employee Safety Committee.Train employees on Material Handling Equipment.
Fast Paced and productive workplace
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mehoopany, PAOctober 13, 2017
We start off in a team meeting and go over the events of the night before and are told what position we will be in for the day. We are responsible for stock counts and loading/ unloading trailers. We are also responsible for taking product off the lines and putting it in bays. I have learned routine and to pay attention to details. We are responsible to keep our paperwork up to date and to use the computer system to keep things running smoothly. The hardest part of the job is when the machines are not working right and it makes us work harder. The most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of the day and I can go home. And the paycheck
Great job
Case Picker/ Reach Truck operator (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, INSeptember 29, 2017
I enjoyed my position with DHL but I unfortunately had to relocate suddenly and was unable tp pursue transferring options so as to further employment opportunities.
Pros
cross training and pay
Cons
smoking policy
It was a ok place to work
Forklift Operator/Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 13, 2017
Overall they worked you real hard with no communication or reviews they expect to much from employees with no remorse , the management was clueless about the operations
Poor Comnunication and lots of lies
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dekalb IllinoisSeptember 7, 2017
Besides the fact you can't trust management it's been a decent place to work. Pay isn't the greatest but overtime helps out. Have to load a lot of heavy tires into racks, so need to be able to handle that and the getting on and off a forklift all night.
Working in production
Sequencer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 5, 2017
It was a decent job but no time for family or life.People that worked there made the job enjoyable.I enjoyed my time there it just unfortunate that they had to shut the doors on the company
Pros
pay, benefits, vacation
Cons
not a lot of time off
Long 12-hour days + 50 + work weeks
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAAugust 30, 2017
I like the job the overtime pay Wsd good but work showing day work weeks no time for family self or sleep the training locked organization wass very poorly. But enjoyed working by myself born like this at my own pace
Pros
The pay was great and the butterflies for excellent
Cons
Not enough time off extremely long work week
Okay to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 21, 2017
DHL Supply Chain is an okay place to work but they do not know how many hours we will work fpr the next day and tell us last minute. They are worried about numbers.
Pros
Training
Cons
Written warning about numbers
Fast-Paced and Productive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mehoopany, PAAugust 11, 2017
Constantly going, extreme temperature changes, Noisy and busy. Lots of constant moving machinery in multiple areas. Had to be alert at all times. Have to work well with others for a smooth operational team.
Pros
free lunches and good benefits
Cons
sometimes stressful during line jams
Overall good place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHAugust 6, 2017
Most of management were very knowledgeable. I enjoyed my time at DHL. Worked alot and learned alot. I helped out in the training and liked doing that. And making sure they were safe
Pros
Great money and benefits
Cons
Hourly - Yes. Salary - No.
Customer Support/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJuly 29, 2017
Good and Hungry low level management staff. Mid-Level Management like General Managers and Directors need a much needed role profile structure change. Lots of Great hourly associates. Lots of inexperienced Management Staff.
Dangerous, chaotic and zero leadership
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lowville, NYJuly 29, 2017
This is only for DHL warehousing at Kraft in lowville ny! DHL took over a smooth running operation and turned it into a dangerous job where people run into each other with forklifts. Run forks through walls, through trailer walls and off trailer ramps. After working in a warehouse for 14 years. The only thing I learned was how not to operate a forklift. No management. Supervisors show up late to work, sleep on the job and offer zero leadership. The culture is horrible. Workers are allowed to miss as many days as they want, sit in break room for hours while others are expected to keep up in a fast paced environment! The hardest part of the job is showing up for work, which many don't. Very high turn over rate. Going home is only enjoyable part of job. In my 40 years of being in the workforce. This is by far the worst place I've ever worked.
Pros
Cons
Dangerous, no leadership, culture, no training
Positive workplace
Stand up forklift operator (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 26, 2017
Stayed busy enjoyed working and learning how to do different things enjoyed meeting new people we got good hours and had good pay rate. Loved being able to reach my quota and go beyond my required duties
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2017
I had a good experience, my bosses were respectful and understand that my shortcomings in English, not limiting my ability to work. Good work, facilities clean and safe environment.