DHL Employee Reviews

Such a sad place to be
Average joe (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 8, 2017
The base and top outl pay is below area average, but they claim they are in line. Medical benefits are great. Turn over rate is very high due to the pay and lousy management. Basically we are numbers and as they could replace us they don't care but after 3 years they now have a bad reputation and are forced to hire under performing workers. Supervisors can't enforce rules due to workers getting but hurt and HR or GM stepping in.
Pros
Fork lift training school
Cons
Pay, management, to much overtime. Lack of decent training.
Delivery Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 12, 2016
My job was to get there early scan the mail that would cross the belt in the warehouse. I would then go out to the field and deliver the packages. Sometimes I would have up to 120 deliveries a day and would complete them within the required time. I would also do pick ups at the end of my route. Take it back to the warehouse and make sure it was in the proper containers for them to ship out .
Pros
Driving no being in the same place
Cons
Minimum pay, no benefits.
Enjoyable
UK Employment Tax Temp (Current Employee) –  Working from homeJuly 16, 2016
I have worked for DHL for a few years and have thoroughly enjoyed working there. The staff are all very friendly and al get on well. There is always something to do and we are all really busy. Often there are projects which takes a lot of time to completely however there are also jobs where there is a strict deadline.
I have learnt many things whilst working there, General office experience as well as good office experience, mainly in outlook, word and Excel. working with Excel has been my favorite part of the job. The hardest part has been understanding Tax as there is so much to learn and it can be very complicated.
In the scheme I mainly worked in we have up to 200 email conversations per week so I have vast experience in outlook emailing.
Pros
Good employee benefits
Cons
There isn't any cons
Hours were set for an easy job.
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 30, 2016
Had to work multiple positions for the same pay. Offered to be hired on by the company and advancement and never got it. Was supposed to get a pay raise for all positions I worked and never received that either. Worked one of the 3 shifts each week, always on rotation. Overnight job so I would work shift 1 all week then next week shift 2, etc.
Pros
Easy job and a lot of breaks
Cons
Short breaks
productive work place positive people and environment
Package Handler/Driver (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 8, 2016
Waking up every morning to positive vibes and people was motivation for an enjoyable work week. I learned how to be a great team player and how to communicate with others in order to get the task at hand done. I really enjoy making customers smile and helping people.
Pros
good salary, great hours
Cons
no benifits
Loved my job, hated to leave.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tipp City, OHJanuary 8, 2017
This job was the best lots of hours and lots of days off. I got a raise before my 90 days were up and was up to having another at 90 days. If not for a family emergency I would have never left this job.
its a laid back work place but they mean business
FORTLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GASeptember 25, 2016
the system that the job runs on isn't a great system but nothing isn't perfect and there's always room for improvement. I like that your supervisor is basically your monitor on your lift. It was a good job, overtime was always available.
Pros
great benifits, incentives and point system
Cons
your disposable to the compamy/ turnover rate is high
Fun and lose work place
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 8, 2016
Dhl was a good place to work not a lot of people everybody knows you and very family Oriented and clean to be in a wear house hard part was at the end of the night and me being a loader had to load the work on the Truck
Pros
Benefits and family and friends
Cons
The getting home if u don't drive
A clean work environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MOOctober 12, 2016
Long hours but easy work get some good co-workers and some bad coworkers but has good benefits some good bosses and some Bad Bosses
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lots of mandated lunch
Want to be under valued and treated poorly?
International Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 31, 2016
Don't be fooled by the DHL global name. This is a small subset of the company that is poorly run.

My experience was management that was not held accountable and did not support their employees in any way.

This company is not run by experts in logistics but rather by people who have managed to be agreeable enough to get promoted because they were no threat to their supervisors. Have a degree from a highly ranked school? Have a a degree in logistics? Don't bother working here. Have a degree from a sub standard online for-profit diploma mill? You should apply. You will have a long career here.
Pros
Good vacation compensation, which is nice because you will want be there as little as possible.
Cons
incredibly strict attendance policy, no work life balance, not good for employees with children, pay is below industry standard
Productive and a fun place to work
Joint Ventures (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYSeptember 25, 2016
Great place to work. They have amazing benefits, management is awesome and there is plenty of movement within the company.
Pros
benefits, management
Fast pace
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Beech Island, SCOctober 25, 2016
Very productive and positive place to grow. General Mangers and Supervisor all have positive attitudes and left truck operators are provide with great benefits.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Hot in the summer Cold in the winter
Courier / Supervisor
Supervisor, Courier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2016
Enjoyed working with people at tis company very pleasant atmosphere , courier for several years from 1990 to 2003 with company 13 . Left and was rehired in 2012, duties were delivering packages , unloading freight , scanning packages , makes sure drivers delivered packages in the desired time frame , reprimand drivers , set schedule for drivers, cover routes when drivers were absent .
Pros
Great job admosphere
Benefits
Grate work place
Cluster Picker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30339November 13, 2016
This company DHL is a great company to work for.The benefits is good ! You guarantee 40 hours a week. A weeks paid vacation ! DHL work with temp agencies.
Pros
Cons
30 minutes
Process driven organization with a side of fun
Inbound Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at work is goal based and everything needs to happen that day or we will lose money, they are very well respectful and they treat you very well. Joining the DHL team has taught me a lot as a person and also as a leader.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
The shifts are a little long but they are nice because we only work 4 days a week.
Productive and positive
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, ILApril 21, 2016
I enjoy my time of employment because it taught me patience and pay attention to detail. A typical day consist of assisting the patient with daily routine. The hardiest part of this job was leaving on day where she didn't want me to go. Due to her feeling sick and nervous of her next caregiver not being up to the job. The most enjoyable moments is during our weekly workout. She would progress pass our weekly expectations.
Pros
working in a home, shopping and watching tv at work, learning how to care for someone
Cons
short breaks, no benefits (due to part time)
Ok place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJuly 3, 2016
Compensation was far from fair based on job. Very rarely gave raises. Hours were never guaranteed. Organization and communication could have been much better.
Dirty inside, bad managment and the they domt care about there own people.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 25, 2016
I hated every day i had to go to work. Horrible place to work and dont get hurt or sick because they do not care. If you have special needs kids they will work with you. They always talk about safety and how much they care but you will never see any changes because of managment. Like i said its probably the worst full time job around but the 4 day work week isnt bad. Thats probably tje only good thing they have gooing on even though they do expect you to work some fridays as well but they wait until the last minute to tell you so dont ever plan anything for friday working here.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, They only let you leave at lunch and you connot smoke on the grounds at all or you get fired.
I always liked working at DHL,fine co-workers
Driver (large truck) (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, NJMarch 30, 2016
Company stresses safety,but only when it can benefit them.The immediate supervisors praise you on one hand and tries to discipline when there is ANY incident.At DHL there seems to be a culture of CYA when it comes to any incidents i.e.how can we make this the employees fault.
Pros
compensation was good
Cons
24 years and still could not get a summer vacation
Great company to work for
Broker Turnover (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYJune 4, 2016
DHL values their employees and provides a safe and fun environment. Everyone at DHL is like family. The benefits and employee discounts are really nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.