DHL
1,737 reviews

DHL Employee Reviews

Great Management
Airline Agent, Office personnell (Former Employee), ILMay 23, 2015
Peofessional.Balanced. Often times you were obtaining your own information to resolve claims, or inquiries. Insuring the information
obtained and used was accurate.
Good
Driver (Former Employee), Canyon Park Bothell WA.May 19, 2015
Pros: work enviroment
Cons: sometimes to many hours
Job security and great co workers . Good equipment and safe working conditions. Excellent support from office staff. Any problems handled rapidly.
Courier
Delivery Driver/Courier (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2015
Pros: Outside making deliveries and pick ups
Cons: Less than 40 hours per week
Great company to work for. Typical day was out making pick up and deliveries to bring back to post to load up airplane for international deliveries.
Do Not Apply for West Columbia Location
Records Agent (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 18, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: management sucks; work with immature adults
I worked at DHL for 2 1/2 years; after my first year there I became unhappy because you could see the favoritism in the department. This companies management sucks and they do not care about the employees at all. You work with a bunch of people who act like they are still in high school its quite ridiculous. You're overworked with little pay, they sometimes have mandatory overtime which I disagree with, it should be an option for you to choose. The work environment is very unprofessional you have people cursing in front of upper management and being very insubordinate and they still have a job. It's quite insane. You have supervisors who don't do any work or rather they don't take the time to learn the work. They sit around and do absolutely nothing. There wasn't anything enjoyable about this job.
Productive and enjoyable
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Newark, DEMay 14, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Go in start work, drink coffee, Learning every day about different countries and how to ship to that country. Management was a True pleasure and very positive to work with. Hardest part was to retain the country information and demands. The easiest part was to type up invoices and shipments
review
Assisted manager (Former Employee), carlsdat,njMay 9, 2015
daily job consisted of scanning packages. the hardest part was the number of packages and the lack of pay packages were scanned daily
Daily delivery of time sensitive materials
Daniels Courier (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMay 6, 2015
On a daily basis I work on a schedule picking up and delivering time sensitive materials. This includes customer service, time management and working on a time schedule. I am also shipping materials out of a international airport with care of packaging and delivery.
Work horses!
Freight Importer/Exporter (Former Employee), Romulus, MIMay 5, 2015
Rate of pay is great but they will get every penny out of you. Do not expect to walk around and do nothing, can be very demanding. Publicly traded company on the International Market and share holders will and can hold the final say for your employment!
production at DhL
Inbound/Sacks/pre-sort (Current Employee), Forest Park, GAApril 29, 2015
Pros: 40hours a week plus
Cons: long nights sometimes
a great place to work. grave yard shifts. best management and they give you all your hours. everyone get alone and we all work together.
Sorting Mail
Mail Sorter (Former Employee), Forest Park, GAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Lunch breaks
Cons: Having a lot of mail
The thing about sorting mail, is you never know when your getting out of there. There could be so much mail and there could be no mail.
Good work Ethics
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 29, 2015
Pros: Opened to new ideas
Cons: Need more hands on training
Accurately filled orders: prepared paperwork with weighed and had operators load items from packing slips I prepped. Processed all invoicing, freight forwarding and packing slips. Used computerized system to verify and pull inventory. Shipped orders daily; followed all procedures and kept accurate records. Confirmed and processed monthly Inventory. Processing UPS / Fed Ex for Domestic and International shipments (Air Freight).
Great Job, So So Independent Contractors
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 29, 2015
Pros: Driving and Assisting Customers
Cons: IC Management training lacked support system.
I worked for Independent Contractors(IC) for DHL. I loved the Route Driving and Customer contact. When I got into Management, being from the IC of DHL, they were very good at information gathering, and their in house staff were wonderful people to work with. My hardest part was transitioning from driver to management and how that was handled by the IC. I did the best I could do with what I had to work with.
Great Company To work for.
Courier (Former Employee), Bloomington, INApril 28, 2015
Loved the company. I was laid off in 2008 The pay and benefits were awesome.The daily challenges were great. the routes were different daily. loved working for the union
HORRIBLE WORK ENVIRONMENT
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee), Erlanger, KentuckyApril 28, 2015
Pros: Monday through Friday schedule; holidays off
Cons: Unprofessioanl management; Horrible work environment
The fraud inventory specialist position is nothing more than a glorified warehouse position. Workay is Monday through Friday and major holidays are off but due to the management over this dept. it's not worth it.

Management for this position is awful. Because management back stabs and lies, the work environment reflects that culture and you'll be walking on egg shells the whole time.

In the position you will not be investigating fraud, as your typical work day is checking in fraud freight and doing other warehouse functions. There is little to no chances for advancements as security positons are very limited.

If you are a true professional with law enforcement or investigations, avoid this position and dept at all cost.
A great industry to learn the basics of operation management and thinking on your feet
Operations Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2015
I was relatively young when I began working for DHL. I thoroughly enjoyed the fast paced environment and working closely with my team to deliver quality service. My experiences and the skills I developed from my time at DHL helped me to excel in my future career.
express mail
Lead Sorter (Former Employee), Niles, MIApril 21, 2015
loading n unloading trucks , paper work, training new hires and supervised 35 employees. management was horrible could never trust anyone hardest part of the job trying to advance
"Good School" to grow as a Professional
Commercial Financial & Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), Weston, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: Organized, Room for Growth
Cons: Ups and Downs as any other companies, expect some layofss.
At DHL, you learn to work in a multiculural global environment. Is a good place to work for and grow as a professional in South Florida.
Worldwide Courier (Former Employee), Moonachie, NJApril 20, 2015
Pros: Health Benefits
Cons: None
Awesome Company to work for, new & exciting careers and people, work load was also a challenge and the people were kind. My time there was productive
Horrinble place to work
Mail Sorter (Former Employee), 112th St, Grand PrairieApril 14, 2015
Cons: Horrible Management
Horrible management. Managers there act very childish and get mad about the littlest things like going to the restroom. Also when one manager tells you to do one thing, anothe tells you to do something else.
DHL "Do Hard Labor"
Warehouse Agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: Occasional company sponsored pizza/ice cream
Cons: Treating hardworking people as if they weren't human or had lives.
Worked at a warehouse at $11.75 starting as what they call a "casual". Very physical work. In the beginning it seems like a great job. But things start to change. Lots of people get hurt doing this job. Careful when considering this position. Management only cares about the job getting done on a daily basis. Safety is a word you hear a lot about, also that they care very much about you. Ever hear of "actions speak louder than words"? Getting hurt is frowned upon at DHL.
Union based facility, casuals are only accepted if management likes you since they have the final word. New people come in after you and get accepted into the union. Requirements are staying late till about 3 to 5am. If you can't stay then it's okay but they show in another way that it's not okay to them. Submissive personalities is what they prefer. Getting called in on your days off regularly.If you want overtime then you'll find it here. Thats a plus.
Two faced floor supervisors. Obvious favoritism and nothing is done about it. Not what you would imagine from such a big company.

1 2 3 4 5

About DHL

DHL is the global market leader of the international express and logistics industry, specialising in providing innovative and – Read more

DHL Salaries