DHL Employee Reviews

Productive and Competitive Work Enviroment
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAOctober 17, 2017
Worked as an Analyst sending out Data on Sites within the campus enviroment.

Worked with JDA RP and other WMS to ensure successful streamline of business protocols
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Undefined Career Paths to advance your desired role
Only a year
Desk Side Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 17, 2017
I was only at the company for a short period of time but when i was there things were not black and white. There were many unknowns that made the job more stressful then needed.
No trust in Sr. Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 16, 2017
Hires younger employees for management roles and doesn't respect tenured employees. Limited growth for employees to move out of 3rd shift. Employees who work 3rd shift seem to get the raw deal.
Cons
3rd shift / limited advancement
High School Culture
Reloads Associate (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYOctober 16, 2017
Don't work here to improve your skills. Overall decent job and the pay is fair, however the communication is extremely poor and you will not feel like you're a part of the team most the time.
Pros
401k, pay raises every 6 months, nice cafeteria.
Cons
sometimes there will be no breaks, very little honor, attitude is poor.
Very casual, yet business appropriate.
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  ErlangerOctober 16, 2017
I've worked here for about 4 months now, I work at one of the worst positions in the company, but my supervisors and there mangers have made it the best possible position and very enjoyable to be at. I work the reloads, loading canisters for the airplanes. I've worked the truck docks, unloading the semi-trucks (lorys, depending on where you're from) and I've helped out in many other places in the company, reloads have to be the worse. Management has made it the best to be at though, along with the great benefits and opportunities given to every employee, they treat you like you're human, but they also can be the boss and make decisions. They work with you about any complaint or anything that goes wrong. They take everything seriously to the best of there capabilities. Money is very decent for what you're doing, and the benefits the company offers are so much better! DHL is a great company to get a foot-in-the-door with!!! Highly recommend! But do not get anything twisted, this is a warehouse job it's in physical labor (lifting heavy objects) and it takes attention to detail. Also, you are very replaceable. They don't want to replace you, but act up as if you don't have to do your job and they will. Just because there is 3,000+ working with you doesn't mean that you aren't expected to do your share. And at the same time, it's a job. We all have personal stuff going on, leave it at home. And if you can't then take the day off. You have to go to work focused and prepared for it, not distracted. Life and work don't mix, but management is very understanding towards that, they are  more... human too and approachable. Just talk to them.  less
Pros
Great and supportive management and pay!
Cons
Very physical
It's a decent job if you're looking for something easy that doesn't pay well.
Courier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2017
The job itself is easy but with the easiness comes with a lot of unnecessary quirks. Sometimes they might get your check wrong or it may come late. They don't really care about what you have going on outside of work, they only expect you to get the job done. So don't expect any empathy for personal situations. They don't believe in raises or advancement. The management is so sketchy.
Fun
Warehouse Agent (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 15, 2017
it's nice to work there if you like to be active all the time. The company gives the employees rewards for their good work. Always trying to make the employee feel special
Dhl otr Frankfort Kentucky
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYOctober 14, 2017
I really like working for Dhl in Frankfort, Ky. You are treated like family and with respect, they call you by your name and not a number. Management is easy to talk to and will resolve any issues you may have. Home on weekends, home daily decent pay. Assigned equiptment, no slip seatiing. A great company to work for until you retire.
Pros
Home daily and weekends, salary.
Cons
Productive and fun workplace.
Export Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILOctober 14, 2017
Clean. Good co-workers to work with. DHL was flexible with our schedules. Good pay. Profit sharing. Competitive vacation and personal time off as well as sick time off.
Warehouse Agent (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 14, 2017
Its a warehouse , there is a lot of work to be done but as long as we cooperated it becomes easier and easier. The hardes part of the job is sometimes the heavy boxes.
it was fast paced
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 14, 2017
I really wished it hadn't closed down it was a job I really could show my skills. The hours were great and it showed me lot in shipping and receiving. For that I am going to miss
Pros
hours
Cons
it closed down
Only advise short time employment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Wilmington NCOctober 14, 2017
Stayed w/ this company assuming my commitment & attendence would speak for itself. After 8yrs due to under compensation of time etc seeking change...
Pros
N/a
Cons
Underpaid
n/a
Tasker/ Waving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 13, 2017
Poor management. Can't speak with no one, not even HR to report a problem without it being leaked to the floor. They choose who they want to advance no matter if your qualified for the job.
Too strict, poor management.
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 13, 2017
You don't get a steady schedule each week, they constantly change your hours to fit their need. You have to be escorted everywhere, to the entrance of security to the bathroom to lunch break, etc as if you're a child. Not to mention, they make you clock out to use the bathroom then clock back in after, taking time out of your check. There's been times where they try to trick you into staying extra hours even after you told them you're unable to when they asked. If you're desperate for money, then this is a good last resort place to work but wouldn't recommend it for first choice.
Pros
Free water, free SHORT 15 min break, easy work.
Cons
Poor management, strict, escorting, money hungry, not entirely climate controlled, overwork you, low pay.
its a job
private (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2017
its not a forever job but, it is a job. its all about what you make it to be. Benefits are excellent, pay is minimal. There is no work life balance. They do try to make it a great place to work but the money spent on activities should be value added to salary.
It was ok, I guess.
Contracted DHL Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75218October 13, 2017
I loved the job itself but, the pay was bad and there were no benefits. When I got sick and was in and out of the hospital they wanted me to sign a waiver saying that I wouldn't take off of work anymore but, at the time I could barely take care of myself. They quickly got rid of me. The employer was a contractor for DHL M. Mogul Enterprises.
A Family Oriented Work Place Who Places Family 1st
Representative II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2017
Basically can do whatever you want as long as you're caught up with your work, they offered VTO when times was slow but during certain season the busy seasons we knew what was expected & we got the job done to the best of our abilities.
Pros
Employees of the Month received free lunch, we had pot lucks, we thru our team members parties for birthdays, weddings & baby showers
Cons
none to mention it was a family oriented business I would still be there had it not closed the doors
Review Summary
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 12, 2017
it was a very good typical day at work. I learned how to sort mail. the management was good, workplace culture was ok. the hardest part was running out of work tasks. the most enjoyable part of the job was lunch breaks.
Pros
the manage
not fairly compensated
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 12, 2017
they need to pay more. for what they require of the employees, they most certainly do not pay enough at all. i am constantly searching for a better paying job.
Do not work here
Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 11, 2017
Bad management,bad hours,bad work flow,not worth your time trust me move on to something else worth your time,I wasted 3 years here and need to move on
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.