We are currently seeking a hybrid talent that possesses both the ability to write incredible code and adapt designs for the web to help breathe interactive life into our award-winning creative.
Duties will consist primarily of juggling front end development and finessing designs to make them work at any screen size in our brave new responsive world. You should possess a deep understanding of how the web works and have an eye for UX/UI and overall web usability, and be comfortable coding custom themes in PHP for WordPress and other CMS platforms.
Tapping your skillset, you’ll turn layered PSD’s into website designs that function as well as they look at any screen size, and work with our creative director to flesh out interactive requirements for everything from email templates to e-Commerce websites.
- Work with our creatives to bring our ideas to pixel-perfect life on the web
- Quickly flip designs into a working user interface
- Be concerned with aesthetics while keeping functionality, performance, and usability a priority
- Fill the interactive design gap through the creation of website animations and interactions
- Collaborate closely with other coders and designers both in-house and offsite
- Keep abreast of developments, web trends and best practices as it relates to web development
- Be accountable for tasks, time tracking, and communicating project status updates
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Experience developing using popular content management system (CMS) platforms such as WordPress and Drupal
- Ability to hand code using TextWrangler, Sublime Text, or similar
- Experience designing and coding responsive websites
- Familiarity with cross-browser compatibility testing
- Understanding of SEO and Social Media best practices
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently and ask for help when needed
- Ability to jump between multiple projects on a daily basis
- Ability to be effective in a rapidly changing, sometimes stressful environment
- Agency experience
- Functional knowledge PHP & MySQL
- Functional knowledge of version control
- Experience with open source e-Commerce platforms
- CSS3 with LESS or SASS preprocessing
- Familiarity with analytics code and implementation
- Functional knowledge of Mac, Linux/Unix, & Apache
- Familiarity and comfort working with common APIs
- A love of everything digital
We are an established full service advertising agency with over 15 years of experience in the Portland market. We are a unique shop with a small, passionate team located in a great creative space in close-in NE Portland. We’re growing and are looking for the right people to join us in the cause of building brands, telling stories and helping our clients realize their vision.
Perks include vacation time, health insurance, and a fun, collaborative work environment.
Local Pacific Northwest candidates only. No phone calls, please.
Please send your resumé, cover letter, and links to some of your best work for consideration.