ABOUT DNA FOOWTEAR
DNA Footwear is a leading shopping destination for what’s hot and what’s next in the world of footwear, offering men, women, and children the best selection possible. Working with more than 200 international brands, DNA Footwear has a well-established presence in Brooklyn with its 5 retail stores, in addition of its international online shopping site.
DNA Footwear is seeking an Associate Buyer to join the buying team and work closely with the Senior Buyer, helping to grow and maintain relationships with key vendors. The successful candidate will be self-starting, flexible, highly organized, results-oriented, reliable, and will have strong analytical skills. He or she must have the proven ability to work well under pressure in a demanding environment where teamwork is key. He or she will also be career-oriented with a strong desire to take on increasing levels of responsibility as well as have the necessary business acumen to produce sales growth and meet/exceed the annual financial objectives.
This position has a strong analytical and reporting focus.
- Develop, analyze and deliver merchandise reporting. Use reporting to develop an in-depth understanding of in-stores and online product performance and customer preferences
- Produce weekly reports with a high level of accuracy, including analyzing reports and making recommendations to the senior buyer
- Enter new POs
- Develop, maintain, and differentiate the online and in-stores selling environments and highlight key product by season
- Produce, analyze, and manage plans for inventory levels, reacting to change in demand and logistics
- Assist Senior Buyer with buying assortment of products appropriately by division, and by season
- Must regularly review performance indicators and make suggestions to the senior buyer
- Partner with the other Associate Buyers in identifying new trends, new lines, and re-orderable items
- Plan, develop, and perform markdown and pricing strategies in-stores and online
- Communicate with marketing team to develop promotions strategy weekly, monthly, and seasonally
- Partner with the warehouse team to ensure product is delivered/received in a timely manner
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, communication and negotiation skills
- Must possess the ability to maximize opportunities through skillful inventory management
- Must possess strong business analysis skills: Analyze trends, sales, gross margin, inventory and turn
- Must have proficiency with MS Office Suite, especially Excel
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and shift priorities
- Must have Retail and/or Merchandising background
- Prior buying experience is required, preferably in a footwear, retail environment
- Keen understanding and interest of the fashion industry
Indeed - 23 months ago