The Technical Sales Engineer (TSE) would responsible for the coordination of the application activities within the assigned territory for complex current client relationships of a significant value that cannot be simply handled within the Engineering and or sales Value Stream. Working in concert with Technical Support, the TSE will be the main point of contact for the customer and create reasonable and efficient product design/development engineering solutions. The successful incumbent will be responsive to the customer and drive the project/solution through processes in an effective and efficient manner; this will include coordination of product materials, testing, prototyping, quality, development of quotations (pricing) and project management for successful project development and release. The TSE will look for the next opportunity within the current customer Document Management Life- Cycle (prospecting).
Additionally, the Technical Sales Engineer will be the first point of contact in troubleshooting applications, asking clarifying technical questions and will make the decision to transfer the issue to Master Care and be responsible for coordinating additional personnel to the customer site to resolve the problem.
- Support of the Solutions Process – working in tandem with Field Technical Support
1. When speaking with Customers, looks for opportunities for the next sale promptly and effectively – prospecting – Builds Customer relationships and a network within the Customers’ site.
2. Has superior product knowledge of Business COTS applications within the Public Sector and has the ability to communicate features, technical capability and new product offerings to current clients.
1. As the main point of contact to the Customer, the TSE is required to coordinate the project plan for the solution through the process to meet the required time line of the customer e.g. design, manufacturing, testing, prototyping, quality, development of quotations, etc.
2. Prepare quotations and provide RFP response support- negotiates price as required under prescribed standards
3. Organize and lead Technical Review meetings to ensure Solutions and technical inquiries of Customers are identified to meet Customer requirements and recommends changes for a suitable COTS systems;
4. Ask clarifying questions to gain a clear understanding of the customers’ needs and then matches the technical solution to those needs and the value proposition.
5. Respond to technical queries by Customers and Sales representatives for trouble shooting and prospecting, custom engineered solutions
6. First point of contact for troubleshooting systems – makes the decision to transfer issue to OEM, Advise whenever field service is recommended;
7. Review technical feasibility of customer based decisions;
1. Evaluate the results of Document Management strategy/ Workflow / analysis and suggest best solution to customers;
2. Review technical inquiries of customers to recommend and quote suitable COTS system;
1. As necessary, evaluate product and determine disposition, including recommending product repair;
2. Assist in the resolution and closure of Client use cases;
3. Provide leadership and mentorship to cross functional project teams;
The incumbent of this role has hands-on experience that will allow them to manage their workload independently on a daily basis and monitor the status of the project (solution) as it works its’ way through the processes. As a member of the Technical Sales Engineering Team and the main contact for the Technical Support and Management, the incumbent will be responsible for implementing initiatives to maintain and grow accounts by identifying areas of improvement to better our customer base and in support of the value proposition through interaction with customers. The TSE also has the ability to negotiate price points with the permitted parameters.
Education and Experience
The incumbent of this role must have a Degree or Diploma in Engineering, with minimum of six to eight years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with Document Management Software/Services, SAP (Pivotal) or an ERP is preferred. The individual should have an excellent record with Engineering, Sales Representatives and Manufacturing to help identify development opportunities and evaluate competitive products. Previous experience as Software Engineer or Industrial Engineering would be an asset.
A strong attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and excellent organizational skills are required. The incumbent must be capable of reading and interpreting documents such as process documentation, System design, COTS operating and instructions and procedure manuals. The ability to write routine reports and to communicate effectively with employees, management, and customers, is a requirement.