This professional, detail-oriented self-starter will have the following responsibilities:
- Direct the management and supervision of receiving, storing, and shipping of freight.
- Motivate, develop, and manage warehouse associates.
- Monitor the scheduling of team members, utilization of space and effective management of warehouse associates and equipment.
- Refine and improve process management where opportunities exist.
- Create, direct, and implement the planning process to ensure customer requirements are met within negotiated pricing and cost projections.
- Analyze all operating data and reports for use by facility management and/or the customer.
- Work with account supervisors to implement best practices with respect to picking, receiving, shipping, and inventory management.
- Ensure the safety and security of all employees and visitors.
- Measure and report the performance and quality of the warehouse associates.
- Manage special customer requests.
- Create a participative environment characterized by teamwork and partnership.
- Facilitate regular team meetings.
- Assures efficient and effective overall warehouse operations by maintaining communication with internal departments.
- Bachelor’s degree with five to eight years of direct warehouse experience.
- Three to five years’ experience in management and supervision with demonstrated skills in planning, leading, organizing, and staffing.
- Strong experience in customer service, inventory management, and operations management.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds, and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation, and growth.
Indeed - 14 months ago
DSC Logistics knows the ABCs of supply chain management. The third-party logistics company manages services such as warehousing,...