DSC Logistics , a leading supply chain management company, focuses on designing, integrating, managing, and adapting supply chain solutions. DSC capabilities as a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party provider (3PL) include supply chain analysis and design network management, Logistics Center management, transportation management, business process integration, supply chain visibility, value-added services and dynamic supply chain management. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
If you have Co-Packing or Contract Packaging experience please submit your resume for review. We are currently hiring a forward-thinking, dynamic Operations and Co-Pack Manager in our Coppell, Texas facility. This individual will drive operational excellence within the Value Added Services (VAS) department of our 606,000 sq ft facility.
Responsibilities of the Manager will include:
- Leads team of up to 150 line workers to successfully fulfill customer specific builds
- Develops, mentors, and coaches team to drive overall performance.
- Works in concert with direct reports and management while maintaining operational ownership of VAS department.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining VAS P&L targets
- Builds strong customer partnership through regular communication cadence
- Act as “voice of the customer” for VAS operations communications
- Works closely with customer to coordinate balanced daily and weekly production schedules
- Ability to balance short-notice volume demands while meeting line performance goals and customer expectations
- Collaborates with corporate VAS department to ensure leading edge solutions and practices are implemented
- Supports new business initiatives and start-up operations
- Justifies, implements, and manages productivity and cost saving initiatives
- Leverages strong project management skills to manage technical timelines, provides timely and proactive communication, raises potential issues and risks, and develops contingency plans
- Responsible for identifying, defining and quickly solving production challenges in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborates with vendors to identify new technology opportunities and leverages vendor resources and tools
- Develops and enhances Production line layouts
- Utilizes lean tools to optimize processes and owns day-to-day continual improvement efforts
- Performs time studies and frequency observations to create and update engineered labor standards
- Collaborates directly with current customer on innovation, service, and cost-savings initiatives
- Develops and modifies best practices focused on safety, quality, and productivity
- Participates in cross-functional initiatives and Interacts with all levels of business professionals
Candidates selected to interview must meet the following minimum requirements for consideration for this position:
- Bachelors Degree in Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field
- 4 to 6 years co-packing, contract packaging or engineering in a manufacturing, warehouse, distribution or light industrial environment
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Excellent analytic, project management, time management and organizational skills
- Effective ability to communicate orally and in written form with management, colleagues, and internal and external customers
- The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
DSC Logistics, a leading supply chain management company, focuses on designing, integrating, managing, and adapting supply chain solutions....