DaVita Medical Group Employee Reviews

No longer a company, now a division of a money hungry corporation
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Management prevented my advancement by refusing training to improve my skills. Our historical knowledge is no longer valued. Each market is in competition with the other markets to create and build new applications. Management turnover greatly exceeds the normal turnover and new management fails to interact with teammates.
Pros
Fair benefits
Cons
It's all about who you know and do not know. If you are not in the loop, you will leave the company, either on your own or by the company.
poor pay okay benefits
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  PASeptember 18, 2017
the company is a joke the ceo is an even bigger joke they claim that it is a great place to work but the turnover rate is high the techs get a poor salary for the work they do they do not focus on the care of the patients but their budget is so important
Do not recommend this employer
Hospital Medicine Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 16, 2017
Poor compensation
Change of work days and hours - non negotiable
Changes in job duties - non negotiable
No room for advancement
No raise in two years
productive, great atmosphere
Credit Balance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87102September 6, 2017
The team had a camaraderie. If help was needed, you got it. Every day had different challenges, which made the days go quickly. The potlucks were wonderful, had good times with one another.
Pros
great people, good environment
Cons
positions outsourced
Good
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dunedin, FLSeptember 6, 2017
Greet patients, check-out patients. Answer Phones and create telephone encounters. Scan documents. The management was excellent. There are several people that work here as a team.
Very poor review
Support staff (Former Employee) –  Warm Springs, NVSeptember 4, 2017
Very cut throat. Large turn over rate and recent mass lay offs of key management members. Too many managers that are not in tuned with staff. Many patients treated like a number instead of high degree of quality care.
Excellent Place to Work!
Phlebotomist/ Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2017
The company is the best! Great pay, great benefits, caring staff, great culture and devotion. If there is a bad review from someone here then they had to be a bad employee. We work hard, we have many patients, but we love what we do and corporate is always available to assist if you feel overwhelmed! We are a team, a village and we treat each other with the respect we all deserve!
Pros
pay, benefits, culture, atmosphere
Cons
we work really hard so if you're lazy this will be a con for you
Loved it
National Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2017
It's a shame we got laid off. I wanted to retire from DaVita. It was absolutely my favorite job, and I wish that I was still there. I can't say anything bad about the place except they hired too many people
Pros
Terrific culture
Cons
Too many VPs
Good place to gain experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 24, 2017
Good place to start as a new graduate MA, many chances to gain experience in many different areas. The amount of clinics within this group helps to gain a little experience in a lot of areas.
good place to work
Nurse Administrator Float (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2017
good place to work. Just hard not enough resourses. good CEO just not going to one chart. still small not great pay for work but good.
Just had alotof layoffs that moving to a large corp. does
Pros
pay
Cons
heathcare
Dynamic health care organization with a culture of engagement
Sr. Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 16, 2017
The culture is inclusive and patient and employee focused. It is not just talked about, but infused in daily work life.
We do serious work , but manage to add fun along the way.
Pros
friendly staff, fun as a core value, appreciation of work-life balance
Cons
regulatory restrictions at clinics, aggressive performance expectations (comparable to the market)
I love this company and I love my job
RN Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAAugust 15, 2017
This is the best place that I have ever worked. The staff is so friendly and professional. They really look out for one another. The pay is great, the benefits are great. I get a chance to do what it is that I love to do
horendous unit
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLAugust 5, 2017
This unit cares more about a budget then its patients.the overall staff and management are nothing shy of incompetent. and when concerns are brought to their attention you face stiff disciplinary action
Pros
Cons
everything
Very focused Software Team
Information Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 28, 2017
Overall I had a great experience working here. I only worked here as an intern but still felt like a had many assets to the team. Everyone in this company is hardworking and always manage to get their work done.
Loved the work itself, but my Supervisor was horrible. She had her favorites and apparently I was not one of them..
Account Payable Processor (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 15, 2017
I would recommend working here for the company, but not for the Supervisor I had. The starting pay is not enough for the work load I do. Other employees in my group tend to chit chat a lot and no one says anything while I work my butt off.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
pay
Clinical Support...
Clinical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 24, 2017
Over all a good company, the management has not always been the best, the people at the bottom are not really heard and often suffer due to this. Politics are bad but coworkers are great. If you love serving your patients and can put blinders on the rest, this is a great place to work.
Pros
Good hours, no weekends.
Cons
It's hard to get time off and there is a lot of politics.
Great culture led by dynamic, talented CEO
Site Administrator, General Surgery Clinic (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 20, 2017
Loved my time at DaVita. Sad I couldn't stay longer. This group is on the march upward after weathering several ownership storms.

The new executive management team is making the needed changes to move DaVita forward in the ABQ market.
Diverse Interests
National Director Transformation (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 5, 2017
DaVita was an exceptional place to work. I enjoyed the culture and progressive thought for intentional actions for positive outcomes. The team I served on was exceptional, bright, and talented!
Pros
Loved my team and culture
Cons
Weekly travel
Not the best place I have worked
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 31, 2017
Not the best place I have worked, but not terrible either. You can do great and be rated highly by your direct management but still get lack luster raises and advancement is based more on politics than skill.
Pros
flex time, helping people
Cons
almost no breaks, understaffed
Quimbayo Office in Tampa FL
Quimbayo office Tampa Fl (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 29, 2017
This place is a joke, all the personnel are not professional at all but Dr. Quimbayo(who just follow his wife's commands, she is who runs the business), all the "ladies" who works there loves to gossip about everything,they are hypocrites, they make up stories about you and Quimbayo's wife participate, it is horrible negative environment to work in, they have HIPPA violation in all the way, they love to talk behind the patients and their medical issues, a cuban with the name of Niurka who has been working there for some years and she claims to be a "nurse" in Cuba, she doesn't know how to speak english nor to write or read but she gives orders for prescriptions to the pharmacy and changes on medications for coumadin etc to the patients in the name of Dr. Quimbayo, she collects blood and rest of samples horrible, most of their employees didn't go to the school to get a diploma, they got it through some other and easier method, i don't know how comes JOINT COMMISSION haven't close this place or get a fine, people please do not go to this place it is not safe at all.
Cons
Be aware of this place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DaVita Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval