DaVita

DaVita Employer Reviews

davita
Pct (Former Employee), Ocala, FLNovember 21, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
Working at davita was a great experience. A work day consist of cannulating 8 to 10 patients and hooking then up to th dialysis machine. I learned alot of dialysis and how most people got on dialysis. The hardest part of the job was hearing that a patient had past away.
love this company
charge nurse (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2014
Pros: pt interactions
Cons: getting up early
First is patient familiarity. You will see the same patients three to four times. This can be good. Of course you will learn about them; you can tell by looking at them if there is something acutely wrong. They will develop a trust relationship with you which you may not find with other venues where your patients rarely see you.

Second is more than – more... likely it will be a nurse led clinic. This means I schedule dialysis related appointments, fax treatment sheets, call hospitals and nursing homes for follow up. I may even have to file documents directly into charts. In a larger setting there will be more aides to do this for you but sometimes in the dialysis clinic if you want a job done right you have to "do it yourself."

Third There's a water treatment system to learn, and hemodialysis machines to learn how to operate and troubleshoot. You will have to keep an eye on infection control because there's several patients in the clinic. You'll have technicians and LVNS working under you of course however I like to know inside and out how to perform my job.

You wake up very early and have 4 10 hour shifts if you want and basically have 3 days off.

Dialysis becomes very routine sometimes even though it is a highly specialized field, there's only 3 medications you will routinely give and maybe 10 PRN medications. I've been doing this for 6 years and I'm getting bored. yet there are times when some patients have MIs, CVAs, etc on the machine and that patient require your quick response. As soon as you think this is routine job, something like a patient going out on a machine, will keep you on your toes, and put all of your nursing skills into play.

The hardest part of my job is waking up early @ 3:30am.
The most enjoyable part is my patient interactions
The patients are what keeps me dedicated to nursing. – less
Enjoyed saving lifes.
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 20, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: i can not say nothing negative about this company was the best.
I enjoyed this job the best that I have ever had. I went in everyday knowing I was going to be saving someone life. I loved the staff the administrator and seeing the cheerful faces of my patients that became family since you saw them three days a week four hours at a time.
good company
Charge RN-Per Diem-Nocturnal Dialysis (Current Employee), Reddick, FLNovember 19, 2014
Good company. Good support staff. It is a national company that provides hemodialysis, nocturnal dialysis and peritoneal dialysis dilaysis.
Always enjoyed myself at work
patient care technician, cleasing blood (Former Employee), clinton, oklahomaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: long hours worked
DaVita cares deeply about their patients and employees. All employees worked well together to keep patients happy and everyone enjoyed being at work.
Great learning environment
Office Manager (Extern) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2014
At DaVita I maintained office correspondence, patient check in, patient check out, operated office equipment, maintain patient charts and medical records.
Davita/ Acute/ UCLA
ICU RN, Acute Hemodialysis (Former Employee), Westwood, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: working in the icu at ucla was very interesting
Cons: not nice coworkers, poor management.
This was the worst place I have every worked. The management is very poor. Does not have any medical background. Many of the co workers were not nice. If you were not of their culture they did not talk to you and many times were very rude.
N/a
PATIENT REFERRAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Brentwood TNNovember 16, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company I enjoyed making a difference in peoples lives
disappointing
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CANovember 16, 2014
Pros: work hours
Cons: management
the company is all lies when it comes to taking care of the employess
a great place for helping citizens of Savannah with renal failure
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Savannah, GANovember 15, 2014
answer phones, order inventory, intake patients, discharge patients
cash
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 14, 2014
it was a job that got me through college. I was not there long but everyone there was caring.
In depth knowledge of Dialysis
Dialysis Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Panama City Beach, FLNovember 14, 2014
Pros: very friendly, sociable patients
Cons: short breaks
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the patients. My co-workers had in depth knowledge of dialysis and had very pleasant/humorous personalities.
Productive company that offers Zen room and ping pong rooms for stress relief.
Revenue Integrity Specialist (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 13, 2014
Great company to work for. Supervisors and management values team mates feed back. Weekly team meetings with game ice breakers, always fun, different team mate ran the meetings every week. Supervisors and management would assist with month end billing when facilities were late getting reports in.
hard work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Greenwood, SCNovember 12, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: long hours
Hard work, on your feet all day long. I learned that some dialysis patients are the meanest people.The management sucks. Some co-workers are unreliable. Too many people calling in late or calling out for work. The hardest part is working 10 or more hours a day, The most enjoyable part of yjr job is prolonging patients lives
Dialysis Company
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 11, 2014
Dialysis company
Early hours
Great patient interaction
Patient care very enjoyable
co-workers dedicated to patient care
Best job
Extern in Registration Account Department (Former Employee), Tacoma, WANovember 8, 2014
This job is one of the best job I worked at. Working with people makes my day. Communicate and more phone calling and scheduling is appointment is not really hard to do.
DaVita put the fun in work.
OCDT (Former Employee), Wadsworth, OHNovember 8, 2014
DaVita is all about a well balanced work place. Patient care first but have while doing it.
Workaholics Dream Job
Facility Administrator - Hospital Services (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 5, 2014
Pros: fun when your schedule allowed it, benefits
Cons: 24/7 schedule, lack of work-life balance, management support
You basically worked 24/7. Little support from management. Loved work events and meetings. Loved my co-workers/managers.
Productive Workplace
Certified Clinical Hemodialyis Technician (Current Employee), Decatur, GANovember 5, 2014
Pros: inservices, making patients smile
Cons: short breaks, standing all day, compensation
I look forward to helping the patients get through their dialysis treatments mentally, physically and emotionally on a daily basis. I've learned to be patient, to listen and also to be alert and aware of my surroundings at all times. I work well with my coworkers and have a great rapport with the patients. At any given time they know they can come to – more... me and ask me for anything work related. The hardest part of my job is knowing these patients are uneducated when entering into dialysis for the first time. I think patients should be educated prior to starting dialysis when diagnosed with Renal Disease. The most enjoyable part is knowing I helped someone get through another day whether it be patients, staff or family members. – less
Very team oriented, fun and challenging job
Facility Administrator, CEO (Former Employee), Wilmington, DENovember 3, 2014
Pros: team oriented, open culture
Company culture is that of team, everyone works together as a team. Benefits are outstanding. Programs within the company for employees are very generous, for example ability to donate PTO to a coworker who is dealing with a catastrophic illness of their own or a family memember requiring them to miss work, scholarship program for employees children, – more... to emergency help for employees who may have lost their homes or possessions in nateral disaster, house fires etc, company would match all of employees donations to such causes. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About DaVita

At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference – Read more