DaVita Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,287 reviews matching the search
a great company to work for and the all the staff are great in each postion they hold and do their job well
certified acute dialysis tech (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2016
a typical day at work is variable,busy but pleasant,i learn something new every day whether it be from a Dr. Nurse patient or coworkers,have had wonderful managers and do not have any complaints,hardest part of the job was seeing my patients go through the dialysis or on vents and knowing the heartache and worry the family felt,the most enjoyable part was knowing I was part of saving someones life and making them as comfortable and at ease as I could while they were having dialysis
Pros
davita always had good lunches or breakfasts during trainings and staff meetings
Cons
sometimes a little to busy
Poor communication between staff and management
Renal Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 23, 2016
Management doesn't support staff needs. Over census load with no relief. Free for all environment, no direction or guidance from management except in the wrong direction.
Pros
relaxed work environment
Cons
heavy caseload, poor management, terrible benefits
n/a
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 21, 2016
DaVita is a good company and great for dialysis patients. Community first, Company second. I worked there for 17 years.
great place to work, friendly staff and management.
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2016
DaVita gets involve in community drives, company picnics. Its a great place to work. I worked many years and was very happy.
Pros
Great benefits
Licensed practical nurse
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 17, 2016
DaVita is an Excellent company to work for. The benefits are great and very low premiums. Management is excellent and the teammates are like family and we all work together very well. Working as a dialysis nurse is very rewarding and it's the best decision I've ever made in my nursing career.
Pros
Training, bonuses
Cons
Early long hours
Low Pay scale.
License - Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 17, 2016
Compensation is not commensurate to the job being done. Too stressful environment to work. Not healthy place to work with.
Cons
too short of a break...
Good training for newly hired employees
Nephrology Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTJune 16, 2016
Davita Dialysis is a very team focused company. Encourages training and education. Management encourages a team atmosphere. Long hours and very repetitive work.
Misleading
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 15, 2016
The shifts specified on the application do not match up with the amount of time you spend working. The shifts are more like 16 hours, on your feet all day, rushing to get the next shift of patients on, and management sucks. Communication is off and they expect you to live and breathe DaVita. Always understaffed and unorganized.
Pros
3 working days a week
Cons
Long hours, understaffed, poor communication
Davita
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 15, 2016
Arriving to work at 5:15am, setting up my machines & getting ready for my first shift of PTs. Before the shift ends, I'm monitoring BP & PT stability & effectiveness of tx. The first shift usually starts to turnover at 9am. That's when I start disconnecting & connecting my 1st & 2nd shift PTs. Turnover is usually the mos critical time for most PTs. If any PT is going to get sick & start not to feel well, it most of the time happens then. Once turn over is compete, I make sure my four PTs are stable enough & I take a 30 minute break. I also like for it to be known that I will not be on the floor to the charge nurse, so my PTs are being monitored while I'm away. Around 12 o'clock the last turn over happens, between 2nd & 3rd shift. The last shift of the day.I enjoy being at work & interacting with each PT on a professional manner. At times the team gets a little uneasy & hard to work with, but the work gets done. I make sure all chairs& machines are disinfected, & bio hazard is thrown away between shifts. I feel as I've accomplished a lot by the end of my day.
Pros
Consistency
Cons
Compensation
very long days
Acute Hemodialysis Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 10, 2016
As an employee you work very long days. You get to work independently. pay is good due to all the overtime. Staff is pretty nice. You need to be very patient and flexible with your schedule.
Pros
work independently
Makes work fun!
Lab Customer Support (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLJune 9, 2016
Great company with great core values and truly lives those core values. Very family oriented. Focus is on caring for the patients and serving our teammates.
Pros
Fun, Family nature
Cons
Hours
Hated coming to work
PCT (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 9, 2016
I was excited to start working here but soon was very disappointed. Work environment sucks. Management has set the bar to where patients get away with rude behavior. Some of their core values are fun and teamwork however fun is nowhere to be found and teamwork depends on who you're working with that day. Turn over times are a joke, not enough time to do everything you are required to do without running late so patients get angry at you for either not getting them on in time or not getting them off quickly enough.
Pros
Some of the patients and coworkers were a joy to work with
Cons
Lack of support, patients behavior
DaVita is a great company to learn and grow as a Social Worker.
Renal Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 9, 2016
My typical day is meeting with patients in the waiting area, in my office, or on the treatment floor to assess and address any issues, concerns, or potential social worker interventions that may be needed.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 7, 2016
I've enjoyed this position. It required a lot of detailed work and it was rewarding when a job was completed. Although no one really saw the hard work in it, it was always rewarding to get things done.
A good place to learn Dialysis
Acute Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 6, 2016
I was able to learn nursing in a specialized modality. The place had its ups and downs but I got to work with some amazing people.
DaVita
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 6, 2016
This company is great love the people great hours and definitely will work with your schedule.
I typicaly work 8:30am to 3:00p,
Coworkers are lovely
I love the people that come in on a day to day basis
great patients
Patient Care Technician (Hemodialysis Technician) (Current Employee) –  New Hope, MNJune 2, 2016
I was a good company to work for i love the patients and being able to take care of them and help save their lives.I set up dialysis machines and run patients on dialysis. i loved everything about my job.
Great Benefits
PCT-CCHT (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NJJune 1, 2016
If you get an amazing team of people work will be amazing. Lumberton Staff was the best group of people i have ever worked with. Willingboro clinic was a mess, loads of work even the benefits weren't worth working your life away daily.
Benefits
Cons
Manager, work environment
Good
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, TNMay 31, 2016
This was a great company to complete my internship with. Each person I met was nice and willing to help. The patients were always willing to talk.
Laid back work atmosphere.
PCT (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 31, 2016
Fun and productive place to work. Very nice co-workers. I had on the job training to put patient on dialysis machines. I was very rewarding to know that I can help maintain someone's life.
Pros
you can get all the overtime you want, work with class schedule if you are in school
Cons
Long hours, not knowing what days you will be off or what time you will get off