DaVita

DaVita Employer Reviews

Wonderful team members
Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Ybor City, FLDecember 18, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is working closely with the patients. I have created a professional, respectable relationship with these patients. There is a mutual respect between us.
All talk, no action.
Renal Social Worker (Current Employee), WIDecember 18, 2014
Pros: hardworking coworkers
Cons: unqualified administrators. no retirement plan. favoritism from administrators
To echo the words of many, company "community" environment is a joke. Never ending directives without clear direction on how to implement. Hiring managers with no health care experience, and no people skills.

No retirement plan - Triple Crown 'reward' is dependent upon meeting outcomes. Outcomes not met, no reward that employee can put towards retirement. – more... Only ones getting ahead are clueless, lazy FAs/AFAs who suck up to Regional Directors.

Negative environment. Stressed out coworkers. – less
productive workplace
Dialysis RN (Current Employee), North Hollywood, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: n/a
12-hour shift assessing patients and giving dialysis treatment
teamwork always works!
good management
responsible and fun coworkers
hardest part of job: repetitive forceful hand motions, on your feet most of the time
most enjoyable part of job: great coworkers; interaction with patients
Fast paced
RN Dialysis (Current Employee), Springfield, ILDecember 14, 2014
Very busy at times. Called Dr on call for orders for the day for the patients in the hospital needing dialysis treatments. started, monitored and ended the treatments, trouble shooting any issues with the treatments. Called the Dr with any issues or problems with the pts. provided education for the pt regarding their dialysis, disease process, diet, – more... medications and activities. – less
Busy and rewarding facility
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits and opportunity for growth with in davita
Cons: very long hours
Davita has a great mission. They not only have just a mission but they also follow their mission. I loved working with dialysis patients and educating them regarding their disease. The hardest part of the job was when patients would not have a good dialysis run due to complications that were out of my control and were due to the disease itself. The – more... best part of the job was knowing that I was making a difference in my patients lives every time they came for treatment. – less
working for davita
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Longview, TXDecember 6, 2014
a good enviroment to work for and learn. i learned how to keep the catheter rate down and how to keep the percentage rate for davita rx up.i like working with a strong team that's willing to help out in any crisis. the hardest part of this job is working understaffed but getting through it makes for a rewarding part of the job when seeing everyone pull – more... together – less
GREAT PLACE TO BE A TEAMMATE
CCHT (Former Employee), Johnstown, PADecember 5, 2014
Pros: able to learn and grow each day.
WORKING WITH DAVITA IS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE. KEEPING SOMEONE ALIVE THROUGH DIALYSIS IS AN AWARD IT'S SELF. KNOWING U MADE THERE DAY AND THEY LEFT HAPPY
Davita dailysis
Register Nurse (Current Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 3, 2014
I set up my dialysis machines , supplies , obtain patient report, do an assessment , review meds , consents and dialysis access site. I also travel to multiple facilities working with many specialties and nurses. You need to be flexible and have excellent people skills. That is also the most enjoyable part of my job . I have excellent support from my – more... co workers while maintaining independence and accountability. – less
Incredible company!
Dialysis Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIDecember 1, 2014
Working for DaVita has brought me so much joy and excitement about going to work. I love being able to make a difference in the lives of others, and DaVita helps me do so. The skills I learned in my 400+ hours of training allow me to provide life-maintaining services to the patients. I enjoy seeing them 3x per week, every week and building a close relationship – more... with them as well as my co-workers. The pay is good and the benefits are better! – less
This company gave me the honor to help lives. Fortunes 500 is so true!
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 1, 2014
Pros: quarterly bonus
Cons: death of a patient beacuse sometimes a patient is so sick that they could die.
Even though my mornings started out very early as an employee i always felt happy to greet patient with a beautiful smile. Each shift I has to test dialysis machines as well as clean them. My duties consist of: cleaning patient's access,cannulating,drawing labs, taking vital signs,monitoring patients health and reporting to head nurse. The enjoyable – more... part about my job was knowing I was helping my patients live a longer life. – less
Good experience
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYNovember 29, 2014
Pros: free food!
Cons: minimal advancement however still achievable
PCT was a good job. I gained weight working there from all the free food. The breaks are nice enough to recoup. Can be stressful at times if you close. Patients are nice and the experience was good. It was a nice experience. There is not much advancement other than becoming a nurse or nutritionist.
Productive and fun workplace
Facility Administrator (Current Employee), Longview, TXNovember 28, 2014
Pros: provided excellent patient care.
Cons: insurance
Wonderful place to work, provided excellent patient care, enjoyed the hours, enjoyed the team, enjoyed the traveling and the education.
davita
Pct (Former Employee), Ocala, FLNovember 21, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
Working at davita was a great experience. A work day consist of cannulating 8 to 10 patients and hooking then up to th dialysis machine. I learned alot of dialysis and how most people got on dialysis. The hardest part of the job was hearing that a patient had past away.
love this company
charge nurse (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2014
Pros: pt interactions
Cons: getting up early
First is patient familiarity. You will see the same patients three to four times. This can be good. Of course you will learn about them; you can tell by looking at them if there is something acutely wrong. They will develop a trust relationship with you which you may not find with other venues where your patients rarely see you.

Second is more than – more... likely it will be a nurse led clinic. This means I schedule dialysis related appointments, fax treatment sheets, call hospitals and nursing homes for follow up. I may even have to file documents directly into charts. In a larger setting there will be more aides to do this for you but sometimes in the dialysis clinic if you want a job done right you have to "do it yourself."

Third There's a water treatment system to learn, and hemodialysis machines to learn how to operate and troubleshoot. You will have to keep an eye on infection control because there's several patients in the clinic. You'll have technicians and LVNS working under you of course however I like to know inside and out how to perform my job.

You wake up very early and have 4 10 hour shifts if you want and basically have 3 days off.

Dialysis becomes very routine sometimes even though it is a highly specialized field, there's only 3 medications you will routinely give and maybe 10 PRN medications. I've been doing this for 6 years and I'm getting bored. yet there are times when some patients have MIs, CVAs, etc on the machine and that patient require your quick response. As soon as you think this is routine job, something like a patient going out on a machine, will keep you on your toes, and put all of your nursing skills into play.

The hardest part of my job is waking up early @ 3:30am.
The most enjoyable part is my patient interactions
The patients are what keeps me dedicated to nursing. – less
Enjoyed saving lifes.
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 20, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: i can not say nothing negative about this company was the best.
I enjoyed this job the best that I have ever had. I went in everyday knowing I was going to be saving someone life. I loved the staff the administrator and seeing the cheerful faces of my patients that became family since you saw them three days a week four hours at a time.
good company
Charge RN-Per Diem-Nocturnal Dialysis (Current Employee), Reddick, FLNovember 19, 2014
Good company. Good support staff. It is a national company that provides hemodialysis, nocturnal dialysis and peritoneal dialysis dilaysis.
Always enjoyed myself at work
patient care technician, cleasing blood (Former Employee), clinton, oklahomaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: long hours worked
DaVita cares deeply about their patients and employees. All employees worked well together to keep patients happy and everyone enjoyed being at work.
Great learning environment
Office Manager (Extern) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2014
At DaVita I maintained office correspondence, patient check in, patient check out, operated office equipment, maintain patient charts and medical records.
Davita/ Acute/ UCLA
ICU RN, Acute Hemodialysis (Former Employee), Westwood, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: working in the icu at ucla was very interesting
Cons: not nice coworkers, poor management.
This was the worst place I have every worked. The management is very poor. Does not have any medical background. Many of the co workers were not nice. If you were not of their culture they did not talk to you and many times were very rude.
Unsatisfying
RN, BSN, PHN, CEN (Current Employee), Carmichael, CANovember 16, 2014
poor management, lack of personal accountability, inadequate staffing

1 2 3 4 5

About DaVita

At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference – Read more