DaVita Employee Reviews

Found 1,371 reviews matching the search
Registration
Regstration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 21, 2016
I worked on the registration floor and what I liked most was my freedom to work at my own pace. The work never ended but that is a good thing because it's job security. There is always something new to learn at DaVita and are many opportunities to move up.
it was the best job I ever had
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNSeptember 21, 2016
I never work for a place who considered all employees teammates instead of employer-employee. Although we work really hard the culture was such that when there were events scheduled we enjoyed ourself or played just as hard as we work and I felt really appreciate
Pros
we worked hard and played hard
Fun place to work at!
Sr. Business Systems Analyst /ESB Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 20, 2016
This is a very fun place to work at. Great culture, friendly atmosphere and nice environment, this is a mid size organization where almost everyone knows everyone! I learned a lot by working here and would love to be back to this place again in the future.
Poor, oppressive work environment
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 20, 2016
Unprofessional coworkers, overly middle managed workplace with bizarre cult like business model made this a difficult place to care for my patients. Expectation to do other people's work when they were ineffective at time management and unable to think fast was also a real drag as well. The fact of 3 staff quitting due to unprofessional middle management and middle management continuing to bully remaining staff is mind boggling to say the least. This position sharpened my skills so it wasn't a total loss, but the company and upper management doesn't have a clue about staff retention and also doesn't at all care. Management is quick to find fault and fail to recognize staff for hard work or dedication to patients in general. Do not make the mistake of letting your guard down if you decide to work for davita. Keep your eyes wide open and never, ever turn your back because odds are if you do, you'll quickly be pulling a knife out of it that a smiling coworker has neatly plunged into it.
Pros
Able to leave for appointments and return
Cons
Backstabbing, unprofessional, high school drama like work environment, majority staff with minimal education for assigned positions
Fun
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 17, 2016
I really liked working for them. Have great benefits, nice people to work for. Environment was great, I learned a lot working for this company. I really would like to come back.
Pros
Great work place
life changinng experience
Patients Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 16, 2016
My clinical group assisted GNAs with the patients they were assigned to help with their activities of daily living. It wasn't the best experience, but at least it made me realize I didn't want to pursue my path as a CNA.
Avoid at all costs
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 14, 2016
Worst job I ever had horrible pay and work life balance. For the amount of responsibility and bs, this job is not worth the pay. Please avoid this company like the plague!
Pros
Cons
Too many
very busy
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Radcliff, KYSeptember 14, 2016
Stressful, The patients were pleasant and kept the day going but the amount of job responsibility on the technicians was enormous
Pros
only work 3 days
Cons
management was terrible
Great environment amazing team and staff
Hemodialysis Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2016
I love working for Davita, Davita gave me the experience that I needed and for that am forever grateful for the opportunity, I have work in 4 Davita unit three where just per-diem helping out when They where short staff and I must say every clinic is different but I fit in every where I go and was welcome by staff and teammates.
Pros
Free lunch and bonuses
Cons
Shorts breaks and favoritism
Encouraging, fun enviornment; but depends on the facility
REGISTERED DIETITIAN (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 12, 2016
The job culture of Davita can be amazing especially if you have the right team, manager, and doctors. Unfortunately, we cannot control doctors and their behaviors. I would say Davita is a great place to work for, but the company's need to meet numbers can be stressful especially when they are not in your control. Having to constantly work on somebody's motivation is one thing, but expecting results within a month's time is quite challenging and usually impossible. You might get yelled at or told "you're not doing your job" just because a patient doesn't meet their lab values. There's only so much a person can do before they get exhausted.

My facility was great, but I just became exhausted and stressed out by how much we were expected to do. Nothing that could not be done, but the expectations were not listened to. I believe that it takes time for change but often times everyone is hoping for immediate change because they care about the numbers more often than the actual person i.e. patient. Not saying they don't care about the patients, but facilities can be really focused on numbers more so than seeing little changes such as an improvement.

It was fun during the time that I was there. There were parties with the patients and Davita loves to eat.
Pros
Free lunches, educational resources, continuous improvement
Cons
Too many initiatives, repetitive work, everyone is expected to be a leader
Fun place to work
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 9, 2016
Stable company to work. Supportive management. Get along with people really well. Fast pace environment. The most enjoyable part is dealing with co-worker. I can't want to the next day working back, huddling with my team. Create something that will benefit our company, and boss will say JOB well done.
Easy to be a "lifer" with worldwide company opportunities
Clinical Coordinator/Educator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 9, 2016
This organization makes efforts to provide the best for employees and patients alike however, remains subject to the realities of the Healthcare Environment-ie, insurance and business environment, regulatory changes...
Best job ever!
DIALYSIS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 8, 2016
I love working as a part of the DaVita team! My teammates are amazing, really helpful and our patients love each and everyone of us. We work hard for our patients.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
Be willing to work hard in a fast-paced environment
OK place to work, but little opportunity for advancement.
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 6, 2016
The best part about DaVita from an RD perspective is that the company affords a lot of flexibility and autonomy. Advancement opportunities, however, are minimal. Compensation is fair, but not overly generous.
Fast pace job, but rewarding!
Dialysis Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 3, 2016
I have been with Davita for a few months now, as a dialysis technician. I love that this company will train you as long as you prefer, with hands on and classroom learning. There is teamwork at the clinic I work at, and working here is actually fun. I love my job and my patients!
Pros
Free lunches occasionally, Sundays and holidays off
Cons
Very early hours, 12 hour shifts
Caring fun enviroment
Dialysis Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSSeptember 1, 2016
Good working environment where you feel like you are making a difference in others lives. I feel appreciated by coworkers and my superiors, we are encouraged to strive for excellence.
Comfortable place to work.
BIOMED TECHNICIAN II (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHAugust 31, 2016
A great place to work and very flexible with schedules. The staffs are very nice/friendly and great to work with. Benefits are ok and the management takes care of your needs.
Deland Lab Review
Employee (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLAugust 30, 2016
Department I worked in had ZERO work/life balance, was essentially forgotten by upper management, and ran employees into the ground to the point employee turnover was constant.
Pros
They try to make work fun
Cons
Everything else
Too busy, manager did not care that nurse is unsafe
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHAugust 28, 2016
I worked for a outpatient clinic, patients are wonderful! I miss most of them. When there was a problem with a fellow nurse it was ignored. I sent a email to the area manager( higher than group fa) citing safety concerns as my reason for leaving. I was hoping she would call me to understand more, I never heard from her.
This unsafe nurse is still there today, I had to remove myself.
Overall it's a mega company, so there is job security ( even if you are a unsafe caregiver).
I find the cartoon characters used for training insulting! The insurance is about what you would expect. For me the company is too big, I was one of thousands and no one cared about what I had to say.
Training for new fa's is interesting, and when you get the job you are still expected to work 2 days as a nurse, leaving only 3 days to be the fa. This does not apply for dietician or sw who become a fa, they get a full 5 days to do the same job, umm no thanks!
Pros
Bi weekly pay check
Cons
Cartoon characters, how silly for training!
My DaVita Experience
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 25, 2016
I am lucky to work closely with a strong, supportive team caring for our patients. Working with patients can be unpredictable, but together there is nothing we can't handle.