DaVita Employee Reviews

LEARNED ALOT
PCT (Former Employee), Granite City, ILAugust 27, 2015
LEARNED EXACTLY HOW THE DIALYSIS MACHINES AND THE EFFECT IT HAS ON PEOPLE. SUCH AS LOW BLOOD PRESSURE. ALSO ENJOYED MY CO WORKERS EXPLAINING THINGS TO ME WHEN I HAD QUESTIONS
teamwork is of high value to the company
Acute Registered Nurse- Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: excellent pay wages, opportunity to advance is encouraged
Cons: mediocre medical benefits
We work in a fast paced high stress environment, and we survive our days by working collectively to support one another. Laughter is the tool we use to combat the stress.
Work is more enjoyable because of a very hardworking teammates
Clinical Internship Experience (Former Employee), CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks
I had my internship in Davita and I can say that I had a geat experience from them including the teammates. I have learned so many things which will help me a lot to achieve my goal when I landed a job and that is to have a safe and positive outcome in every dialysis traetment that i made.
Pleasant working experience
Certified Travel Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), Cottonwood, AZAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Great breaks, great food around the facility, great hours
Cons: Management didn't always do what was right
My time at DaVita was short. I only worked there for 3 months as a contracted travel CCHT. My time there was pleasant, our unit was small and the patients AND workers were a close knit family. New patients needing dialysis at that facility immediately felt at home. My coworkers were also very pleasant, some doing dialysis for years and some working in other areas on business. The best part of my job was that even though I didn't work to make friends, by the time I left, I had a great group of friends for life
A company that is a pleasure to work for
Dialysis Patient Care Technician/preceptor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
Cons: none
Davita is a place that makes you feel like if your home
Once you join their team you become part of the family
They offer great opportunities for advancement and they r pro education
They offer the opportunity to transfer anywhere should you need to move
Patient Loving Teammates
Prior Authorization Coordinator, Team Captain (Former Employee), Coppell, TXAugust 24, 2015
Pros: you earned PTO every check
Cons: Supervisors can't 'do the same work they ask their teammates to do.
The frontline teammates are hard working patient loving people. I do think the supervisors need to be trained to do what they ask their front line teammates. The front line teammates will do their very best to make sure the patient are happy with the services provided. It was a great company to work for.
Positive work environment
CCHT (Former Employee), Reidsville, NCAugust 23, 2015
Working at DaVita was like working with family. Everyone cared about each other, we may not have always gotten along, but what family does always get along. The sense of team work there was like none other that I have experienced thus far.
Strong positive company culture
Group Field Finance Director / FP&A (Former Employee), Berwyn, PAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Positive Culture, goals and operating results are shared
Cons: Long work hours, my job required overnight travel, but otherwise a nice company with a strong common culture, strong systems and processes, patient focused culture, lots of variety of tasks with cross functional work groups
Strong leadership team, Positive company culture, Strong training programs, nice coworkers; organized work flows, collaborative environment
Davita was a great company however it did take some getting used to the 15 to 18 hour days. Once I did I loved the company.
CMA/CCHT/Phlebotomist/Floater (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Relationships were the best part of this job.
Cons: Long hours, and standing.
DaVita is multi cultural I loved it. I learned a lot about how to deal with conflict and I learned a lot about myself. Management was ok in some clinics. My manager I had when I first started was very professional and I learned a lot from her. The hardest part of the job was the 15 to 18 hour days when others would call in.
Unbelievable culture striation for different levels
Teammate (Former Employee), DeLand, FLAugust 21, 2015
Pros: The work that is done for the patients
Cons: Management and the inability to make a decision plus lack of ownership.
Davita has a great mission and ideals. The management at the lab is completely incompetent when making decisions. They are also unable to own up to their short comings and reward mediocrity under the guise of performance.

Upper management piles items onto you and the moment you ask to hold up so that you can complete assignments given they start looking for ways to get you out and bring in the next person to load work on. When the work is completed there is never a thank you or review of the good things done, just a record of failures and issues brought up.

Upper management is afraid of the floor teammates and use middle management as the scapegoat for anything going wrong in the lab.

If you do not have the right "in" be prepared for a losing battle for your job.
Fun place to work people work hard
Cash Posting Specialist I (Former Employee), DeLand, FLAugust 21, 2015
Fun place to work while people work very hard. Moral is very good at this company and everyone supports the Core values of the company.
Work environment was high pressure
Biomedicai/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Hectic work weeks. Short lunch breaks. Vacations days limited.
Being in the healthcare arena, the daily "grind" got to be very tiring. The pressure to perform day in and day out, did not allow much time to relax and/or enjoy what you did. Co-workers were generally too busy to interact with each other outside of doing their respective jobs.
great place to work
CERTIFIED HEMODIALYSIS PRACTITIONER (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FlAugust 20, 2015
Pros: great morale, free lunches.
Cons: too many patients per techs
Great, productive and team-oriented workplace environment. The hardest part of the job is knowing that 90 % of the patient will never regain their renal functions. Best part of the job is providing compassionate care to all.
Great environment, good money potential
PCT / VAM (Current Employee), BaltimoreAugust 18, 2015
Pros: benefits, people and work availability
Cons: Long hours, rarely any front office positions available
I love working at DaVita! I need an office or AA position to stabilize my hours, otherwise I wouldn't leave. Ever! Teammates and management are great. Everyone believes in working together. DaVita always looks for reasons to celebrate!
great place to work while at school
Reuse Technician (Current Employee), Oak Park, MIAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Easy job, flexible hours
Cons: hard to get a raise, hard to advance, no time off
A reuse tech has flexible hours. Typically, the benefits are great, full health, dental, vision, life, etc. No matching 401k. As far as advancement goes, good luck moving past the menial labor positions. Coworkers are typically very pleasant. Management is typically very confused and not sure what is going on a lot of times.
Typical day at Davita
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 12, 2015
Davita is a fun environment to work in. I enjoy my patients and getting along with my teammates. The hardest part of the job is losing patients that you have bonded with.
great company
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 11, 2015
Pros: pto
Cons: breaks
Dialysis is very informative. I learn a lot about kidney failure working here. The management here was great, wonderful personality. the hardest part of this job was turn around. which was getting patients off the machine and then to put another set of patients on. the enjoyed working with paitents.
Company goal was to provide a fun place to work
Dialysis Tech/Field Coordinator (Former Employee), Elgin, ILAugust 11, 2015
Although, the corporate office shared the fun aspects of the company, a typical day at work would be extremely overwhelming. Management were difficult to please.
Co-workers were difficult to please
The hardest part about this job was to say no to a patient in relation to their treatment when you have already put in nearly 20 hours of work in one day.
Excellent Team work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Coppell, TXAugust 10, 2015
Davita Rx help Patients we a great services this is the best part of my job, but sometimes I feel working for customer services and not like a Pharmacy Tech, is time to change and grow in my career.
Exciting, Challenging
Health Educator (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 10, 2015
DaVita was great. My job introduced me to the field of Dialysis. The company promoted team work by having weekly team meetings and coaching. Training was provided on an ongoing basis to imporve productivity.
Headquarters