DaVita

DaVita United States Employee Reviews

Davita can be a good company with more benefits.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Grapevine , TexasApril 14, 2015
Pros: Friendly work places.
Cons: Not paying employees enough money to remain with the company.
Davita should compensate their employees with raises that match their experience in dialysis and the number of years with the same company.
Excellent Work Environment
Clinical Service Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 13, 2015
A company that sticks behind its core values. Patient care is of top priority. Many opportunities for RN's and Patient Care Technicians available.
I strongly recommend no one to work for them
RN Floor Staff (Current Employee), oklahoma city, oklahomaApril 13, 2015
Pros: Will hire easily
Cons: poor pay, send many people to board of nursing, inadequate staffing
This facility is highly focused in business aspect rather than patient or staff needs They hire new grads and eat them alive. Staff is at bear minimum, little is put into facility maintenance and appearance. They send people to the board to up the true . A new nurse will not recognize it coming.
Good place to work.
Certified Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZApril 13, 2015
Pros: closed on most Sunday's
Cons: Not every shares the same work ethics and standards
Each clinic is unique with its own culture. Each work day varies from uneventful to challenging. Working as a team is an essential when working in the clinical environment. Being safe, yet having fun, make the work day enjoyable. Additionally, being able to help our patients have a good day is rewarding.
No integrity
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), DenverApril 10, 2015
Huge disconnect between executive management and regular staff. If you are not favored by a manager or executive, promotion does not happen. There is no new hire orientationl, nothing in writing indicating organizational structure. An Organization of this size should not be operated like this. When upper management budgets and spends $300,000 for one meeting to discuss matters that Are covered on a regular basis. Bad stewardship of funds that could be used for patient programs and care.
Service oriented organization
Reuse Technician (Current Employee), Jacksonville, ILApril 8, 2015
Very rewarding assisting patients.
The hardest part of the job is losing patients to death after forming connections.
Fun,engaging place to work
Dialysis RN (Current Employee), Garden City, KSApril 8, 2015
Pros: Multiple tasks to hold interests
Cons: at times skeletal crews
Productive fun place to work, Monthly Pt envolvement w/ holidays, teaching methods.
Stimulating environment. Change over can be a challenge, but very rewarding on daily basis.
Mostly enjoy patient/nurse interaction.
A wonderful place to work!
Strategic Business Analyst (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNApril 8, 2015
Pros: Culture, Management, Teammates, and Work/life balance
Cons: 30 minute lunch
This is a wonderful place to work. The culture is very conducive for young professionals looking to begin there career and develop their skills. Management is accessible and willing to assist you with you goals and development. All of my teammates are friendly and helpful and genuinely have you best interest at heart. I love the fact of being able to assist in giving someone a better quality of life, and find i frustrating when there are factors that do not allow me to assist the teammate in a timely and efficient manner.
Fun and exciting company to be a part of
Clinical Coordinator / Nurse Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Caring manager
Cons: Long days, teammates who become ill- creates short staff-short notice
Typical day at work for a RN: as a nurse the day can change in an instant. From coming into an office job to being pulled to the treatment area to assit the team with staff coverage. The most valuable lesson I learned working at DaVita is if you have a cohesive team, knowledgeable team, the day will glide by and even with issues they will go unnoticeable. As a manager, it is important to develop this strong team and ensure their are great players for each role. Many of the teammates in DaVita have become family. The most challenging position is the role of the RN. Dialysis patients can have very complex issues. It takes a strong RN to balance the floor and carry the ability to maintain her composure when there are many differernt issues flying his/her way. At the end of the day, the best part is being able to feel accomplished, high-fiving teammates on the way out of the door. Each and every day is different and making the most of it is very important as an idividual.
Solid company
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee), Grandview, MOApril 6, 2015
Pros: availabliity
Cons: need more resourses for client
i think that this company should be mor patient centered/ Proveide resources that are geared to the client, There is a great need for education and direct care of the patient.
productive and fun place to work
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee), coppell txApril 4, 2015
Great company culture,mission and vision.
I enjoy working here and will love to work longer if the pay is right. The people are nice and understanding. One of the best companies I have ever worked for.
Talks the talk but does not walk the walk.
Facility Administrator (Former Employee), CaliforniaApril 3, 2015
Pros: hmmmmm
Cons: work-life balance is unmanagable
This is a company that is clearly driven to shareholder happiness. The field teams are left to deal with under-staffing, unmanageable work/life balance, and a false culture. While their core values certainly are solid, it was rare that I saw senior leadership abide by these. Worked under "fear" of reprisal, not positive team reinforcement. Not a company I would ever recommend.
Enjoyed working with the patients
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Newport News, VAApril 3, 2015
I enjoyed working at Davita Dialysis Center for my externship. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the patients and their families. One thing I learned while being there was not to take life for granted. Many of the patients were very ill, but still managed to smile, laugh, and even joke while on dialysis. My co-workers were very supportive and welcoming while I was there. The hardest part of the job was learning of patients who passed. After building relationships with these people and knowing you will never see them again was hard.
Dialysis is nice
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2015
Pros: unlimited overtime, performance based bonuses, and on the job training
Cons: stressful occupation and long hours
A typical day consists of a 12-16 hour shift where u cannulate patients and moniter their condition for the entirety of their treatment time ranging from 3.15 - 4.5hrs depending on the patient
A fantastic Career!!
Biomedical Service Specialist (Current Employee), Marion, ARApril 2, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: breaks are only 30 minutes
I really enoy working here and the co workers thats around me. love ! love ! love ! would one day like to move up in the company but for now im just fine where im at. it make s sure you have all your tool syou ned to get the job done
decent work place
dialysis tech (Former Employee), largo, floridaApril 1, 2015
Pros: long break
Cons: early morning hours
you get to see the same clients over and over so it promotes a sense of trust. since it is a job of repetition you get used to the work fairly quickly and it almost becomes second nature.
great place to work
Medical Assistant/pct (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 30, 2015
This job was challenging but that is what I strive for daily. I love working here. I created a bond with my patients because dialysis can weigh you down so i like to keep them happy always.
Great Place to work
Patient Account specialist (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 26, 2015
I love the environment here. It is really relaxed and flexible. I come into work and know exactly what to do. This job really challenges your mind.
Great career if ready.
PCT dialysis technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Stability, hours, sense of accomplishment/entitlement
Cons: Stress, hours, patents can be rude
I came in when they were understaffed so I got under trained so I could get on the floor and help. The hours are long, and the job overall is stressful. The sense of entitlement makes it worth it.
Mission Statement and work environment
Hemodialysis Technician/ Coordinator (Current Employee), Elgin, ILMarch 25, 2015
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: no lunch breaks
My Experience has taught me how to build strong relationships with all of the hospital departments at well as its organization. I have the ability to work within a team as well as cross-team. I can work with with minimal supervision and use my time wisely in order to meet the standards of care. I focus on the end result as well as the immediate planning needs. I am able to understand the elements required to get the job done efficiently and accurately. I have an excellent understanding of what makes my current role as a Dialysis Technician and Coordinator successful and have knowledge of managing, planning and implementing change.
My current responsibilities included the patient care /coordinating and maintenance of one of our acute facilities. I work closely with health care professionals and physicians to help them provide the best possible care and information to our highly growing population of renal patients. In addition, I have learned to utilize our hospitals medical content to properly serve our patients in a timely manner. Also, giving all acute dialysis patients and their families the best education that can be given related to treatment, personal care, diet, activities etc. I am goal driven to succeed in team building and collaborating with leadership and management.

1 2 3 4 5

About DaVita

At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference – Read more

DaVita Salaries