DaVita

DaVita Employer Reviews

Great Place to work
Patient Account specialist (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 26, 2015
I love the environment here. It is really relaxed and flexible. I come into work and know exactly what to do. This job really challenges your mind.
Great career if ready.
PCT dialysis technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Stability, hours, sense of accomplishment/entitlement
Cons: Stress, hours, patents can be rude
I came in when they were understaffed so I got under trained so I could get on the floor and help. The hours are long, and the job overall is stressful. The sense of entitlement makes it worth it.
Mission Statement and work environment
Hemodialysis Technician/ Coordinator (Current Employee), Elgin, ILMarch 25, 2015
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: no lunch breaks
My Experience has taught me how to build strong relationships with all of the hospital departments at well as its organization. I have the ability to work within a team as well as cross-team. I can work with with minimal supervision and use my time wisely in order to meet the standards of care. I focus on the end result as well as the immediate planning needs. I am able to understand the elements required to get the job done efficiently and accurately. I have an excellent understanding of what makes my current role as a Dialysis Technician and Coordinator successful and have knowledge of managing, planning and implementing change.
My current responsibilities included the patient care /coordinating and maintenance of one of our acute facilities. I work closely with health care professionals and physicians to help them provide the best possible care and information to our highly growing population of renal patients. In addition, I have learned to utilize our hospitals medical content to properly serve our patients in a timely manner. Also, giving all acute dialysis patients and their families the best education that can be given related to treatment, personal care, diet, activities etc. I am goal driven to succeed in team building and collaborating with leadership and management.
productive
technician (Former Employee), grand rapids, miMarch 25, 2015
a comfortable environment to work, able to enjoy meeting new people and co workers are very respectful and helping, very peaceful
Interaction with patients
staff nurse (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: having to travel great distances in early morning hours to fill in for other nurses
A typical day would consist of machine setup for patient treatments, passing medications and then interacting with patients about their diet, blood work and general health if they are having any problems. Communicating with doctors about patient health issues. Documentation of patient progress. I did not consider this job hard, my co-workers were very dedicated to their job, The most enjoyable part was the interaction with patients.
Hard Work, Moderate Pay, No Advancement
Inventory Technician / Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Lemoore, CAMarch 24, 2015
Unless you're a nurse, there's no promotions waiting for you within Davita. If you're looking for a job that will pay the bills with horrible hours and stressful conditions, then this is your place.
No work/life balance
VillageHealth Nurse (Current Employee), Cleveland, OhioMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Heavy work load, unrealistic expectations, management does not accept accountability for actions
Obvious disconnect between senior management's vision and reality. Direct management is indecisive and does not support employees. Huge turn over.
Productive and learning enviroment
PCT/Reuse Tech (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Job security.
Cons: Long hour shifts.
Typical day at work consist of 8 - 15 hours shift. You learn different patient care and duties. All co-workers help each other so it's a friendly environment. Hardest part of the job is getting used to the patient vs. tech ratio witch is 4 - 1. Overall Davita is a great company!
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee), nashvilleMarch 23, 2015
I love work with davita, its a great place for personal and professional development. We enjoy working with davita. davita provides us not only good working environment apart from that excellent support for extra curricular activities.
Great company
Biomedical technition (Current Employee), Norman, OKMarch 23, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: poor work life balance
Awsome company to work for, the only downfall is the work/life balance is not a priority for the position I held and dificult to move up in company.
Fast paced days
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great compensation
Cons: poor teammate relations
Mornings begin around 3:30 am and don't end until around 6 pm. Patients bring several comorbidities to the table ranging from uncontrolled HTN, DM, and cardiac in naure. With limited access to an overseeing physician, a nurse must act independently per protocol and instinct. Understanding what is best for the patient and other members of the team is critical for survival and proper care of patients in this type of setting.
Consistently works with care and accuracy in the performance of assignments
Reuse Technician (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 19, 2015
Prepared dialysis machine for hemodialysis patient's treament. I learned cleaned and sterilize device, supplies, and work area. Management are adorable and my co-workers cooperates with fellow employees to attain goals.The hardest part of the job is to handle and maintained the overall cleanliness of the unit. And I enjoyed to take care the patient's
Productive and fun place to work
QA Test Lead (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 15, 2015
A typical day at work includes performing QA activities depending on the QA phase.
I have learnt better management and offshore-onshore coordination
Rx is okay
Anonymous (Current Employee), Coppell, TXMarch 15, 2015
Pros: teammates, in an industry that does make a difference
Cons: benefits are substandard
Some things really don't make sense around there. A lot of redundancy. Could really use some process improvement. I think they're ready to take that next step . . . really, they'll need to if they're gonna survive. The culture is dorky but some people really love it, and that does mean something. You could definitely do worse.
productive and unpredicable day at Davita
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), Huntingdon Valley, PAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: lunch is some times provided
Cons: trying to make everybody happy
Long hard working hours but I definitely love the work I do nobodies perfect so I love the feeling of knowing that there is always something new going on that would help me improve on the work that I already do My co-worker are not the easiest to get along with but I don't let that affect the work that I am there to do I still some how find a way to make the best of it. The hardest part of my job is dealing with some me type of personalities and trying to comment to everything that everybody wants. The most enjoyable part is going home with the feeling of knowing that I matter at my job and that I've helped somebody's life just a little bit better and I've tried my hardest to put a smile on their faces.
Traveling insurance retention
INSURANCE COUNSELOR DAVITA DIALYSIS (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: trips out of state: traveling to disney land, denver, co, nashville, tn, etc, create own travel calendar, assisting the patients
Cons: traveling a lot, the health insurance was horrible, and no 401k match
I would travel all over the state of Iowa and assist dialysis patients with insurance questions. The biggest part of the job was retention of insurance with patients who has employer group health plans. I partnered with Social Workers to identify any potential loss, and help patients who were not insured, get insurance. The hardest part of the job was the traveling. The most enjoyable was the patients, I loved helping them.
Large company with positive environment
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and job security
Cons: polictics and clicks
Good company. However, the facility I worked at had "political" issues and and clicks. I remained neutral along with a few others but did not agree the "politics" i had to witness. Clinical manager who was a former Paramedic whom achieved his RN hired me specif because of my past work history and ethic. He wanted to change the "politcal" dynamics and help the tension loosen. Plus with my job history made myself very qualified for medical emergencies, even among the RNs and LVNs.
productive
Claims Submission Coordinator (Current Employee), Malvern, PAMarch 6, 2015
Fun place to grow and learn. Davita is a great place to learn the medical billing system. Would recommend to a friend. Good co workers, and work experience.
Senior Managment is a JOKE!
Teammate (Current Employee), Deland, FLMarch 5, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor managment
DaVita Labs is not a company to work for if you're looking for a career. The turn over rate is like none I have ever seen in a company. They do not value talent! It is all about who you know in the company. Most of the supervisors, managers and senior management team all know each other. They only promote teammates if your in their click not based on job performance. Over the last several years I have watched new management come on board and clean house. The General Manager has no clue how to run the place just how to cut departments and get rid of teammates to keep the budget low. This company doesn't care about its teammates only about profit. The HR department is a joke as they are suppose to be there to help the teammates but when you talk to them they go right to management to inform them of the discussion and in return your life becomes a living HE11! I have seen the moral of the teammates change since I started several years ago. It's sad because teammates don't speak up as they're afaird of retaliation. Do yourself a favor and don't work for the Lab as you will regret it. Outside of the Lab the company is a great place to work.
Great place to work.
Healthcare information (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great experience
Cons: temp work
I learned about insurance claims, Data entry, Teamwork.
i usually worked 9-5. I really liked the Management, They were very helpful.

1 2 3 4 5

About DaVita

At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference – Read more

DaVita Salaries