DaVita

DaVita Employer Reviews

I love Davita
Nephrology Nurse (Current Employee), phila, PAApril 13, 2014
There are so many great perks to working for Davita. Not only do you gain the experience in Nephrology nursing but I get to have fun while doing it. I work with an exceptional team of nurses and doctors.
unperfessional
pct (Former Employee), hackensackApril 9, 2014
the higher up in the staff, is very unprofessional and find it ok to reprimand employees on the treatment floor during turn-over and in front of patients. Also find it ok to fire someone over the phone.

they have no common courtesy that employees have families and a life outside of work and need to do what needs to be done for their families.

they – more... worry more about getting patients on and off the machines on time then worry about taking their time to do things the right way. – less
Managed care of dialysis and transplant patients
Pt care technician (Current Employee), Inglewood, CAApril 7, 2014
Pros: get to know patients well.
Cons: high degree of non-compliance.
Complex cases. Learned more about renal science. Hardest part dealing with high degree of patient non-compliance. Fun to work with teammates and get to know patients well.
Great Place to work
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: early hours
Great Management and good working environment. Work from 4am to 7pm sometimes, Can pull over 16 hours per day, but you only work Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Productive and fun work place
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Aurora, COApril 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch and holiday bonuses
Cons: low pay and not getting full hours
Love the staff and the patients. Patients become like family because you see them almost every other day.
Allowed many opportunities to grow individually
Vascular Access Manager, (Current Employee), Syosset, NYApril 5, 2014
Allowed many opportunities to grow individually both personally and professionally
High Stress company centered with mediocre management
Renal Dietitian (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 4, 2014
Pros: patients, teammates, salary
Cons: management, parking
They is no typical work day at a dialysis clinic. You never know what you are going to walk into in the morning. One day it could be a code going on when you walk in or sunshine and puppies.
I learned how to managed a very stressful job and new babies/family. I also learned to not sweat the small stuff. I grew a lot as a person and as a dietitian during – more... this job.
The management was not the best in the particular region we were in. It took some about a year to complete the employee reviews on approximately 30 teammates. We all waited on our raises for quite some time. We had to go above our facility administrator to our regional operations director. This only occurred a few times.
The co-workers were good and fun. I really liked all of my teammates. The social worker and the admin assistant and clinical coordinator were great!! I especially enjoyed the Medical Director and nurse practitioner. They were exceptional!
The hardest part of the job was discussing with patients their high risk of heart failure and death and also getting them to understand why they really needed to follow the prescribed diet. The worst part of the job was watching someone being coded on the floor and all the other patients having to watch one of their friends dying. That was a bad day.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the patients!! I loved them all. They were all so funny in their own way. I loved getting to know everyone so well. I really enjoyed the older patients that had been on dialysis for 20 plus years. They were so knowledgeable.
The BEST part of the job was when I knew I had actually really helped a patient feel better because that's all I really want to do it help people. – less
retail
LPN (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 3, 2014
A typical day working as a Sales Associate a Belk could entail suggestive merchandising, opening credit lines for customers, answering customer questions, completing customer orders, stock/inventory, and handling money. T
Great Company
Renal Dietitian (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 2, 2014
I really enjoy working for DaVita. I'm only leaving because my family is relocating.
Fun place to work and great atmosphere to learn in
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Malvern, PAApril 2, 2014
I love Davita's Core Values because they closely align with my own values. Davita is a wonderful company to work for, the culture is one of a kind.
Patient Care Tech
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, NCMarch 30, 2014
setting up dialysis machines, tearing down dialysis machines, taking vital signs, monitoring patients during treatment.

Great team members
Phyiscial/Mental demands
Helping patients.
Loved It
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 29, 2014
Pros: self paced
Every job has always led to new friends. I work well with others and always been into customer service. Working at McDonalds at 16 and becoming manager taught me to be the person I am today. The training that comes from McDonalds is the best a teenager could start off with. It allowed me to manage several business and to always put customers first.
Every – more... job you get you need to put a side what you want to do and take time to respect what the new job is about. Respect it like it is your own and do your best.
Every job has a hard part, but once you get over it you'll began to appreciate the new learning experience.
But if you have bad management then you can't do the job right because your not happy.
Management must know without employees you have no business. Employees are needed to make the business run right.
Treat employees with respect and you will get respect back. – less
Great philosophy if everyone would participate
Payroll Call Center Generalist (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: nice people to work with
Cons: no management backup
Davita has a great mission and philosophy, however, most of the employees at Davita just give this a passing glance. It would be a wonderful place to work if everyone participated in the mission and culture.
Plenty of room for growth and advancement
Facility Administrator (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJMarch 28, 2014
Pros: plenty of room for career opportunity and growth
Cons: unforgiving management
DaVita overall has plenty of room for growth and advancement. Unfortunately once at management level the organization lacks to meet the expectations.
Thought it was a dream job a couple of days in...
Nurse (Former Employee), OklahomaMarch 28, 2014
Worst job with the least amount of the integrity they preach about than anyone I have ever seen. The facility administrator has run off most of the staff and micromanages anyone who remains.
If you want a family or social life or even be able to eat a lunch while at work then don't work here..
nurse (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: Good pay, nice staff, bonuses (all about productivity and numbers..)
Cons: LONG work hours, you never have a definite quitting time so never make plans, your rarely get lunch break, higher then average turnover
Productive and fun workplace
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee), Federal Way, WAMarch 24, 2014
Productive and amazing workplace with wonderful co-workers.
Customer service
DIALYSIS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great patients
Cons: aweful management
I enjoyed my work and my patients. Co worker for the most part were ok, Manager staff had no idea what they were doing making employee schedules, have no compassion for there employees or the hours they work from 4:30 am till 9 to 10pm
PRODUCTIVE, FUN PLACE TO WORK
Certified dailysis tech (Current Employee), Goldsboro, NCMarch 22, 2014
Pros: bonuses, benefits
6AM TIL 4PM, 1 TECH FOR 4 PATIENTS EACH SHIFT AND THERE WERE 2 SHIFTS PER DAY. WORKED WELL WITH COWORKERS, MANAGEMENT WAS VERY FLEXIABLE.
Fun and Professional
Dialysis Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2014
I come in start to disinfect my machines, I line my machines for patient that is assigned to that seat, I gather all my paper work, dialyzer, and heparin for that patient, I prep my patient for cannualation, I began my sticking procedure, start machine and insert the perscribed treatment time in the computerto initiate treatment.

1 2 3 4 5