DaVita

DaVita Employer Reviews

Productive place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: providing healthcare to the patients
Cons: distance of drive
A day consist of dialysis with the patients. The hardest part of the job is loosing a patient to illness related to there conditon. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to give life to the patients.
Hard, demanding
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), AtlantaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: it's ajob
Cons: they don't value their pct's
Working in dialysis is hard and difficult but can be rewarding. Davita profides the arena
Great Place to Work.
IT Architect/Manager - Lead (Former Employee), DeLand, FLJuly 29, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: management was not proactive
Outstanding Culture. The training was amazing, and value to employee was awesome.
alright to work
patient care technician (Former Employee), bloomington, mnJuly 28, 2014
Pros: ability to move up
Cons: hard to have an outside life with the long hours
it was a very hectic and stressful job but very rewarding and does have the potential to move you up the corporate ladder. the hardest part of this job was knowing you were going to eventually lose your patients but it was very enjoyable getting to know them and getting to interact with the same patients everyday.
Best job Ive ever had
Packing and shipping clerk (Former Employee), Coppell TexasJuly 28, 2014
The job was easy and they let you listen to music while you worked which increased overall productivity. I would glady work for this company again if there was a facility closer to home.
Davita
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 28, 2014
Pros: meeting great people
Cons: draining too demanding
Working at Davita can be complicated, this company does not allow advancement to those with Administration Degrees. They only advance individuals who have attained a Nursing RN Degree. I worked for them for 12 years and I was not able to advance. Management is unprofessional towards staff members. The work hours are long and can drain an individual.
Lack of positions
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee), Florissant, MOJuly 25, 2014
Worst job ever...no diversity, over worked and under paid.
Good place to start a career
Sr. Financial Analyst - Purchasing and Logistics (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 22, 2014
good training opportunity, previous boss was awesome. lots of fun activities for teammates. strong culture.
Best part was the patients
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Alliance, OHJuly 22, 2014
Enjoyed working with the patients one on one.

Very early mornings and very late nights.

No time off.

Very busy.
Very supportive & flexible Village to be employed for.
Insurance Counselor (Current Employee), Clayton, NCJuly 21, 2014
Pros: fun, family, support & trust in my position.
Cons: we are spread throughout the us, we teammates don't have much of an opportunity to see each other as often as we would like.
DaVita Dialysis is on its' way to becoming the Largest Dialysis Centers the world has ever seen & I am proud to be a part of this mission! DaVita's compassion & true care we provide to our Patients has proven positive outcomes for Thousands of Patients. DaVita ensures our Patients come first ALWAYS! Working for this Village is fulfilling one of my own – more... personal life's goal. To help Patients in need. This is what I'm here for AND.....incorporate FUN while helping our folks....getting the right stuff done!
A typical day at work for me is making sure my almost 1000 Patient load is fully insured AND completely satisfied with their care. – less
Productive workplace
Document Processor (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: 4/10 schedule!
Cons: not enough pay.
A Typical day in my department is, If you have been trained on the job functions, which there are three parts to the whole department, you can go from one function to the next. Being agile and flexible are big qualities for DaVita's Imaging Center. you first learn to Prep, than to Scan, then if you metrics are good you then learn the correspondence – more... lane. My day usually consists of, I start out prepping documents, which you prep Cash documents, Business office documents, or recycled cash. After that is completed or according to the schedule for the day they move me to scanning the documents into the system so the other departments are able to do their job, and then there is the Correspondence side of the department which i have not yet been trained on. They make sure all the document arrive from the banks and that items are not missing though the mail.
The hardest part is prepping Business office documents, and making sure all documents are properly prepped, we have to make sure to figure out what documents go together or not, and half the time it is hard to tell if some documents go together or not.Management is very flexible and if they need you to move they are good about letting you know where they need you and are good at being able to answer questions when needed. At DaVita we don't have co-workers, we have teammates, and we work in a Village, our CEO is Known as the Mayor. But my teammates are good to work with, we all know whats to be done and ask one another if the previous day is completed before moving onto the next. The most enjoyable, is that one of our core values is fun, so we have a fun Committee, so on birthdays we are able to decorate teammates desks, and also plan fun activities for our department along with having potlucks! Another good factor is that we are allowed to wear headphones to listen to our own music. – less
Life fulfillment, prolonging people lives
Patient Care Technician/ Lab Technician (Former Employee), Arden Hills, MNJuly 19, 2014
Pros: fulfillment
Cons: 12 hour work shifts and fast pace
Typical Day: Set up dialysis machines, checking patients in, hooking patients up to machines, charting, and cleaning.

Learned: A lot was learned about kidney disease, patient care, drawing blood, working with different chemicals.

Management: Well Educated, helpful, and understanding.

Co-workers: Fun, fast working, and helpful

Hardent part of job: – more... Having to work super fast and routine.

Enjoyable: The feeling of helping people in need and the feeling of being part of a family. – less
Great working environment, caring people
Lead Exec Admin to Chief Development Officer (CDO) (Current Employee), San Bruno, CAJuly 18, 2014
There is no typical day at work at DaVita Rx, although it has been around for almost 10 years, it still funcitions as a start-up with constant changes and fast growth
Keeps you busy...
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Vancouver WAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: close to home and great people
Cons: management and pay
Administrative Assistant supports everyone, but nobody supports them. Pass down...
Lively and Energetic with Great Staff
Reuse Technician (Former Employee), Leesburg FLJuly 18, 2014
I loved working for DaVita, they have the greatest staff with the most advance in medical treatment. I learned that the best thing in life is to help others in need. It is better to give then to get. Management was great and very understanding. The hardest part of the job was labeling to make sure everything was correct. I would recommend this working – more... place to anyone looking for a great working environment. – less
Great resources but can depend on leadership skills of the FA
Registered Dietitian (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 17, 2014
I really enjoyed the relationships that I developed with the patients. The facility staff and patients really form a bond that is very similar to a relationship developed with family.
Fun and Productive place to work
Certifed Coding Specialist 2 (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNJuly 16, 2014
I code Hospital Documentation that is sent to our Medical Records department. I Audit any where from 7 to 10 Clinics every month. I attend Leadership meetings. My team is very pleasent to work with. I love doing my Audits. We are dual coding in ICD 9 and ICD 10.
Tough job with the reward of providing great care for the patients.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: unfriendly work enviroment
Loved the work and the clients I was able to provide care for. This is a early morning till late in the day kinda job that was often so fast paced, lunches seemed like a benefit.
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Plant City, FLJuly 11, 2014
Pros: hours, days, patients
Great days with the company almost always. I learned a lot from working here. I performed many job functions here, wore many different hats. Management was always changing, so never really got to know any of the facility admins before they left. Co-workers were great. all of my jobs here were challenging and I love challenges. I enjoyed visiting with – more... the patients. – less
I would rate davita a 3
certified clinical hemodialysis tech (Current Employee), Gilmer, TXJuly 10, 2014
I have learned numerous skills in the dialysis field that I would like to continue. A typical work day consist of coming in doing the best job I can do. Management is not the best because they don't try to help the teammate get raises when they obtain certification in CCHT. If you have experience in the medical field the starting pay is not that good. – more... My co workers are the great. We help each other in many ways, emotionally and physically. The hardest part of my job is trying to get my patients to eat healthy. The most enjoyable part of my job is when you have a patient to get a transplant. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About DaVita

At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference – Read more