DaVita Employee Reviews

Found 1,630 reviews matching the search
fast paced
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILFebruary 24, 2017
Fast paced treatment floor. Solid team of nurses to work with. Safety and compliance are high on the pro list. Management inexperience high on the con list.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Young managers with little management experience.
Worst job I have ever had
Acute Care Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 23, 2017
Grand Rapids Michigan office acute care dialysis. So happy to get out of there. Management does not listen, talks over you and treats you like a child. Hours are feast or famine, either you work long hours at below market pay, or you are shorted. Lots of low census. If you get overtime or are called in to run a treatment in the middle of the night you are shorted regular scheduled hours later in the week because "we want to avoid overtime". You are responsible for your own training. Lots of pressure to work off the clock...calling hospital before you punch in to get report from floor nurse. Study at home for your training. Requirement to *memorize* policies from Davita, and each hospital you work (which of course is impossible). Stuck in isolation room in full iso gear with confused patients for 3-4 hour treatment--no bathroom breaks for you. Requirement to use your phone, but do not compensate you for this...unless you provide an accounting of costs incurred each month, and costs must meet a threshold before you get reimbursement. Strange corporate "rah rah" culture...company is cheap cheap cheap. Will do everything to save a buck.

Whatever you do avoid working for the Grand Rapids acute care office and for this company. You have been warned!!
Pros
3 day work week
Cons
pressure to work off clock, long hours or short shifts, authoritarian management
Lack of communication and work balance
LPN (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 22, 2017
My schedule would change from day to day which resulted in less time for my family. The training was poor and I was basically left by myself after little hands on training which I didn't think was fair for the patients and myself. Communication with my supervisor was not good. While I would communicate how I felt she would be texting on her phone.
Pros
The benefits were good
Cons
lack of training and communications, scheduling was poor
A great place to learn on your career journey
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day starts at 5am getting patients on the machine for treatment by 6am. We put on and manage three patients at a time for up to 4 hours per patient. we average 9 patients per tech per day. Working here taught me all about the dialysis process and more about renal failure. since I have worked here ( roughly a year) we have had several managerial changes which we have worked diligently to overcome. we have a very diverse work staff that all try our best to give our patients the best treatment and care possible. the hardest part of my job has been the long work hours which make it difficult to spend time with my family. what I love most about my job is my patients. they make my days better and I would like to think I make theirs better as well.
Pros
all the learning opertunities. patient interactiion.
Cons
short breaks, low wages, no room for growth, long hours, lack of management.
Great hours, pay and benefits
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAFebruary 20, 2017
the hours were great because you never worked over night, first shift started at 430 am and last shift got out at 930/10pm. They provided paid training , and the pay for having no experience was great. the benefits are also a great factor of the company.
This is not a team and the leadership is lacking terribly
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Very hostile work enviornment with little to no involvement from leadership. They do not recruit for quaility, they just need a warm body in the clinic. Patient care is awful. The way the patients are spoken to is disheartening and the way they are treated is even worse. LPNs are ticking time bombs, always exploding at team mates and patients alike. The FA and CSS try to manage the clinic hiding behind a desk and computer rather then being on the floor engaging the team and promoting a productive day. No positive reinforcement from leadership at all, they focus on the negative instead of assisting eager teammates to turn weaknesses into strengths. They are leading by very poor example which has affected the delivery of adequate patient care and a horrible morale with team members. DCI and Fresenius clinics are your better choices, not only for patients but health care professionals as well.
Pros
Free coffee in break room
Cons
Leadership, lack of team work, hostile enviornment, poor patient care
Fun place to work
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2017
DaVita is one of the largest kidney company. A typical day at work is from the time you walk in the clinic and until the end of the day you are very busy. The company truly try to promote a fun environment for the patients and the staff.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Staff wear multiple hats
Interview LPN
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIFebruary 18, 2017
I interviewed with a Davita in Janesville, WI. I did not feel welcome the moment I walked in the door. Its like they didn't want me there or I was wasting their time. I met with 2 managers and another person. The manager at this site was not friendly borderline rude. No one smiled. Odd. When asked what kind of hourly rate I was looking for I said 19.00 p/h. - The average LPN wage is over 21.00 p/h in janesville. The manager said "thats high." Its high if u are paying HS graduates that with no experience! I was so disappointed. I'm glad I wasn't offered a job there, it didn't seem like a good place to work. Also the manager wasn't even a nurse and she's hiring techs and nurses- come on. I've wanted to work for this company for a very longtime. Sad.
Pros
Company's reputation
Cons
pay!
productive work place
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2017
A great company to work for. Early long work days, but you will most likely only work three days a week. A family atmosphere.
Started out wonderful, until they place the wrong people in management.
Certified Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  TNFebruary 18, 2017
They should get the VP in the clinics instead of the corporate offices, so they know what is going on in the facilities, and who is actually doing the work. For personal reasons I loved the company, but torwards the end it was a nightmare.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Cons
Chaos, no stable team, no structure

Want to know more about DaVita?

Ask a question
Fun and good team work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, Pittsburg CAFebruary 18, 2017
Friendly environment and great team work. Company activity occasionally to balance work and life. Work is hard but feels good being able to help pts. and make a difference.
One of the best company a person could work for
Dailysis technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2017
Good place to work at, family oriented, fun good hrs, supervisor is very understanding, a place for growth.great team work with the staff
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
Long hrs
fun place to work at
Business Analyst 2 (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 16, 2017
people and updated building is the best thing about this job

judged on skill set if you are able to work at home- if you don't work in IT

always questioned if you are accurate in your work

managers pick favorites
Pros
monthly employee engagement parties
Cons
high expectations and stress
A very professional and great place to work.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 16, 2017
My experience at Davita was a wonderful one, I always felt confident and knew exactly what I was doing due to their extensive training and knowledgeable employees that I had the opportunity to work with. The only reason I am not currently there has nothing to do with a bad employer, I was not able to take the test that the state requires to be able to keep your employment.
Pros
free parking, great manager, good pay and benefits.
Cons
people have to be sick for me to be employed
Strong core values
Medical Technologist III (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 16, 2017
It is a great place to work. Very flexible and understanding about family matter. Combination of fun in the work place and comply with the core values of fulfillment, integrity.
busy and productive work place
pct (Former Employee) –  princeton inFebruary 16, 2017
a typical day at work started by 345 am.. I learned how to better manage my time with doing dialysis, hardest part of the job was believing in my self and telling myself that I can do this and I enjoyed helping people and doing everything I could to help my pts.
I enjoy the teamwork i experience here at Davita.
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJFebruary 16, 2017
I really enjoy working for Davita. I feel like they really care about me and my welfare. I have always enjoyed filling in at Cherry Hill and would like to work there full time. This job feels more like family than just a job. If I have an issue I feel like the higher up bosses care and listen to what I have to say. Davita is a great place to work and I have always felt appreciated.
Pros
bonues
Cons
health care coverage
Profit oriented
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 15, 2017
DaVita has a high turn over rate for their RNs. I used to work for them for a year and they hired like 10 nurses. By my 8th month, there were only 2 of us left. It's a different company to work for. I don't think they care enough for their nurses. I worked Acute care setting and they work us to death. We work 16-18 hours a day and then go back the next day. It's so unsafe and you hardly get any support from management. If you can work that long hrs and you don't mind the management, then you can survive working for them. This is the reason why they keep having hiring events for nurses and offering bonuses because they can't retain their nurses.
Pros
Trainings you get to travel; you can negotiate your salary; good training
Cons
Long hours; not RN friendly; difficult to get help from management
nice people
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 14, 2017
If I didn't have to work there I would not hard work and you are never hear "Thank you" The people them selves are very nice but the company needs a lot of work.
This company is a very nice place to work
SOX Analyst (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 14, 2017
I start the day reading, answering and following up my emails. Once done I review my outstanding workload and prioritize them based on deadlines. What is challenging thou is that there are instances when I need to change the priority I set for a more urgent project and go back to my original timetable. What I have learned is that a person needs to be flexible and be ready for any changes. The hardest part of the job as most jobs is making sure that deadlines are met. This would mean working longer hours either at work or at home. But the most fulfilling part is able to deliver the project needed on time. This company is a nice place to work. Teammates are helpful and friendly while management keeps us updated on what is currently happening and direction it is going. The company gives us the opportunity to organize fun events to temporarily get away from our work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DaVita. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval