DaVita

DaVita Employer Reviews

Managed a Clinical Facility
Facility Administrator (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARAugust 29, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed watching the patients become healthier.
Cons: it was difficult hearing about patients dying.
I managed a facility of 15 employees and 85 patients
I Interviewed and hired staff
Made sure teammates completed all training and passed competency exams
Performed teammate job evaluations
Delegated duties to the right person to complete jobs
Having the satisfaction of helping ppl get better
Reuse Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 28, 2014
Pros: smiles of the patient after they have completed there treatment
Cons: having to withness the hard times somepatients go through
Very hard working peopl,dedicated to the job,making sure every patient feels confortable as they would be at home..
Great Place to Work.
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee), Coppell, TXAugust 28, 2014
Its a Great Place to work, I enjoyed the culture and the people were all very nice. Management was good. I loved my coworkers and my team. Hardest part was Dealing with Irate customers but was all the same rewarding and fulfilling when I solved a problem for a customer.
Very busy and productive place and most of all a fun staff to work with.
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), Ormond Beach, FLAugust 27, 2014
Pros: davita believe and having a lot of fun as your learning.
Cons: the long hours.
A typical day starts at 4-4:30 a.m. with two techs. I've learn to first have patients with our patients. And all the skills it takes to be a good tech. My co-workers are all hard workers and good team players. The hardest part of the job are the long hours and being on our feet from sun up to almost sun down.The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing – more... the every day your saving someone life. – less
Challenging environment
Acute Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee), ctAugust 27, 2014
Pros: pt recognition
Cons: undermining.
Acute care has a set of challenges that go beyond the actual patient population or patient care needs. Acute care can mean you go to work in the morning not knowing when the day will end. Acute care can mean you don't get your hours each week. Having a core team of phenomenal people is essential to the environment. In the current world not knowing you – more... have a steady paycheck can be a very negative stressor. Work life balance is also a challenge depending on your own personal and professional standards and being able to walk away with work to be done. Negative is a management team that will not, does not, cannot appreciate the strengths of the team. The best part of the job is a team of solid friends, seeing the patient that no one thought would recover do so, and having patients ask if you are still there because your presence is important to them. – less
Great place to work with some really intelligent people.
Senior Flex/Java Engineer (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 27, 2014
Pros: healthy food and exercise habits promoted, great environment to work with enough opportunities to explore and learn.
Cons: nothing major
I always enjoy the work culture at Davita. There are some very intelligent brains working in Davita's development team headed by a great leader. The managers and leads always promote the culture of ownership and accountability. Finally they often organize events to promote healthy living habits and work-life balance.
Med-Surge, Tele, ICU, SICU
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Plantation, FLAugust 25, 2014
Worked my way up as a new nurse, gaining valuable tools and skills to work in the most acute settings
Great Benefits
Dialysis Technicain (Current Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 23, 2014
Pros: working hard...makes days fly by
There is no typical day in Dialysis. Every day is different that's what makes it fun. You never get a chance to become bored.
I am a care giver at heart. I love Dialysis.
I am able to express my concerns (education) with my patients. In a professional way.

The hardest part of the day would be when you have 1 or 2 patients that continue to bleed and – more... you have alarms going off. Trying to be in one spot and all times. That can be rough.

Most enjoyable part of the job for me is...

I do not know where the "SPEED" comes from- but, when "stuff" starts happening on the clinic floor. I just react. Its somewhat of a challenge for me.

It takes alot to unravel me. – less
Enjoyed working at Davita
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Catonsville MDAugust 23, 2014
A busy day but always was nice to see our patients, Enjoyed talking and helping a patien. tI have learned alot about Davita patients illnesses , sad but nice days.
Depends on where you work
Operations (Former Employee), FlAugust 22, 2014
Great company. Terrible leadership in certain areas. Depends where you work. Great culture.
Good experience
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 22, 2014
DaVita Healthcare Partners, Inc. is one of the largest kidney care companies in the United States, with corporate headquarters in Denver, Colorado. Their offerings include in-center hemodialysis, in-center nocturnal dialysis, peritoneal dialysis, home hemodialysis, vascular access management, chronic kidney disease education, and renal diet assistance.Nice – more... staff and enjoyed working here – less
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 20, 2014
Was a great place to work while on a internship. was a team orientated work experience.
Great Company
Chronic Care Float Nurse, RN (Current Employee), Middle TnAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great team work
Cons: required lots of travel
Long days typically at a really fast pace. Wonderful team work at most clinics. Great company, lots of benefits.
A very busy expanding company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 18, 2014
Patient Care was important. I worked mostly for DCD until Davita bought our company in 2013. I felt that was time to move on to another company. DCD was a wonderful place to work both as staff and as management, it was a small company but it cared about both staff and patients
My daily experience at my work place.
Hemo Dialysis Technician/Reuse Technician (Current Employee), Macon,GaAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work I take care of dialysis patient and save there lives.I enjoy my job and I have good co workers that work hard to make our patient fell better about having to dialyze due to their health problem.
dialysis
Externship (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLAugust 14, 2014
hands on training from I learned in school, assisted patients with their treatments, opened and closed the facility, started and stopped the machines
Davita
Applications Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNAugust 13, 2014
Fun company to work for. Has culture that keeps days interesting and encourages personal and professional growth.
Overall a good company to work for. Company benefits are good. Management was hard to work with. Coworkers were great and knowledgeable.
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, good benefits
Cons: long hours, management
Long hours, great coworkers except for management. Management and team where not on the same page which made the job hard and difficult to do at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with co-workers and patients.
great place to work
inventory tech Sterilization (Former Employee), Radnor, PAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: excel at software during your own time great thing
Cons: no overtime
Davita has a lot of online learning.so you can excel at the company.
Great place to work and grow with great benefits and perks.
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN/ACCESS MANAGER (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2014
I have worked with the company for 5 years. I love the work environment, my teammates, and the great employee perks that are available. Employee discounts are great across the board.

1 2 3 4 5

About DaVita

At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference – Read more