DaVita Employee Reviews

Found 1,508 reviews matching the search
Enjoyed my clinic - unfortunately it was closing
Registered Nurse - Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 17, 2016
I enjoyed my short tenure with DaVita, I had looked forward to a long career with them. They were amiable in moving people up the chain of management if an employee was interested. They were very helpful when a sudden family issue arouse and I had to take an extended time off. Unfortunately, that family issue was in another country and I was unable to return to work due to the length and issues involved.

One day I may return to them, if it is in the cards.
Pros
lots of training and company culture
Cons
lower management sometimes not the best and most capable for the job
some great people but management needs improvements
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLNovember 15, 2016
When I was hired on the original manager was great but the manager was fired after I accepted the job and the new manager was awful. She was very rude, not personable, all the employees and patients couldn't stand her do to attitude and body language. If it was under different management I would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
great staff, good pay, wonderful patients
Cons
Didn't fulfill promises about scheduling or raises, management
Managed by Bullies!
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VANovember 7, 2016
Being a PCT is one of the hardest, most fulfilling jobs I have ever had. I have done Reuse, Admin. Asst., and training as well as several other duties. The job it self is great! The pay and benefits leave a lot to be desired, and somehow they seem to think that buying lunch all the time makes up for the low pay. Not to mention the fact that they have Administrators that are flat out mean, bullies who create hostile work environments for all but their "favorites", and upper management knows about it, covers it up, lets it continue, and even promotes the offender! If you get lucky and find a good Administrator/Clinic, it won't last long. The good ones always get burnt out or run off. And, if you contact your ROD or DVP or HR, it will just get worse for you. There is a non-retaliation policy that is not worth the paper it is written on. I often wonder if the CEO who preaches all this wonderful stuff about the company, actually has any clue what really goes on in these clinics? The company would be absolutely wonderful if it really was how Corporate claims it should be.
Pros
Love the patients and Team
Cons
Micromanaged by bullies, low pay, poor benefits.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Administrative Assistant/Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2016
The culture at DaVita is one I implement in my everyday life. A typical day at Davita you can expect service excellence, continuous improvement as well as fun. I learned working here that you matter and teamwork only works when everyone is involved. The hardest part of my job is motivating others you never know how someone day is going. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing our clients smile with appreciation.
Pros
Fun
Benefits
Licensed practical nurse
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 17, 2016
DaVita is an Excellent company to work for. The benefits are great and very low premiums. Management is excellent and the teammates are like family and we all work together very well. Working as a dialysis nurse is very rewarding and it's the best decision I've ever made in my nursing career.
Pros
Training, bonuses
Cons
Early long hours
Poor choice of work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 15, 2016
It is very unprofessional and mismanaged . If you are not used to working hard and swift then this not the job for you. If you are coming in fresh to Dialysis it is a big challenge.
Pros
Great dialysis, company great benefits
Cons
Long hours short breaks, lots of mess, mismanagement, only 7 days off per year pto
Renal Social Worker, LCSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Pinciana, FL.May 29, 2016
I started working for this company with the wrong foot thanks to the clinic's administrator and upper management. First off, I was given minimum training and was expected to meet unrealistic expectations and comply with the duties I was hired to complete. I was also left with no support, as the culture of this clinic and another one they are affiliared with in Davenport, (Polk Co.) is purely based on high school "click groups." Neeedles is to say, there is a lot of preferred treatment and privileges given to employees with poor performance, as long as they are in the administrator's "friendship list." There is also bullying, gossip, a toxic work environment and plenty of drama awaiting for you if you want to join the team.

Compensation was average and no overtime or retirement from this company should be expected. Not to mention, dialysis patients can be noncompliant with treatment and manipulative. Nevertheless, you will be found at fault if the clinics do not meet their "numbers." Enough said, do not work for this company or for this clinic! Take your talents and skills somewhere else if you are hoping to be respected and your hard work appreciated.
Pros
None that I can think of.
Cons
Everything else.
Good job.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJuly 12, 2016
I was on call for a local Conway Hospital and did not have much contact with Davita chronic units or management. Davita had a contract with the hospital. In the position I held, I worked independently for the most part. It seemed that as long as there were no complaints about me (there weren't), that I did not hear from Davita. I had already done this job when Central Arkansas Dialysis held the contract and was acquired by Davita when the contract went to them. The Doctor would call me each day to let me know which patients needed hemodialysis. I would go to the hospital and prepare the machine, solutions, and materials to go and do the treatments ordered. IT was one on one care in the patients room for the duration of the treatment. Davita payed my check, provided the equipment, answered my questions, and offered education opportunities. I do not know what it would be like to work in a regular Davita chronic unit, but have no complaints about how they treated me in my setting.
Pros
Independence in my job role. Good salary.
Cons
Did not really meet other Davita personnel and would like to have met more of them.
Great place to work and grow
Patient Care Technician and Recruiter (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 28, 2016
If your not growing in your role with this company then you might not be trying hard enough. They have more programs to help your education, your advancement and all it takes is you to ask questions, learn about your company from inside out.

I have been here 14 years and I have found the only limits you have are the ones you put on yourself.

the Benefits are good, solid and in comparison they are competitive. They have benefits that go beyond medical and dental. They have pet insurance, they have scholarship programs for your children and grand children, they have so much more. The 401K is not matched, but you have 3 times a year your eligible for a bonus and between all three your getting a total match like another company might offer. You do have to be here for 1 year before you qualify for all 3 bonuses.

I find this company unique, fulfilling and also demanding the best of yourself, but that is OK, I don't want to give anything less then my best and when a company stops asking for your best it is time to move on...

Keep up the good work DaVita!
Pros
Great team and personal growth potential
Cons
It is a busy job, but rewarding
Limited Growth and Support
Facility Administrator (Current Employee) –  East Bay, CAAugust 2, 2016
There is very limited support to ensure high quality work and to grow within the organization.

The culture of the organization is great, and the challenge is that what is preached of of the culture is not always practiced at the management level.

Working with patients and teammates in the clinic has continued to be a positive and growing experience, with some of the most talented individuals I have ever met.
Horrible management with no work/life balance
Dialysis Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 5, 2016
There is absolutely no work/life balance at this company; I never know when I'm getting off. Management is horrible, upper management calls the shot not realizing the impact it has on the daily operations of the clinic. The clinic is always understaffed, at times out of state regulations.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Understaffed, no work life balance
Good people, for the most part
Customer Service Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 16, 2016
Davita RX is a great place to work. The culture comes off as quite corny and a little childish at first, but the reality of what you're dealing with, terminal patients, calls for a lighthearted vibe. Management is good, for the most part, even if favorites are played (as with all jobs), and who you know can matter much more than what you do. Pay is decent to good, and the benefits and time off are nice. The company changed over the two years I was there from a warm, family vibe to a much colder, "we are a business" vibe, which is understandable, as the company has grown quite quickly. Overall, a good place to work, but in recent months, they have gotten quite rigid and unreasonable in their expectations of their employees, especially in the customer service department.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, great team culture, decent to good pay/benefits
Cons
Micromanagement, unrealistic expectations of employees at times
A productive work environment
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 1, 2016
A typical day at work would be to stay busy, while maintaining safety for my patients, my co workers, and myself. I learned about policy and procedure. I have learned how to work as a team and to communicate with the all around staff. Management has been very supportive and understanding of all situations in and out of work. My co workers are the best. We work as a team and get the job done. Are model is get the patients in and out safely. The hardest part of the job is losing a patient that you have become so close to because you see your patients sometimes more than you see your own family. The most enjoyable part of the job is having fun with the patients and my team as well as learning new things.
A "Village" rather than an organization
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Highland Village, TXJuly 18, 2016
DaVita is by far one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The drive and motivation to help patients is clear, and the atmosphere and culture are above and beyond what I have seen anywhere else. DaVita refers to itself as a "Village" rather than a company, and this is made clear in the respect and caring that I've seen both in upper management and teammates.
The pay rate is fair, and the generous benefit package and culture make it well worth it.
Pros
Culture, Fulfillment
Very busy place to work, great people to work with.
Laboratory Assistant II (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 6, 2016
Checking for specimen integrity. 10 to 11 hours per day. Documentation in the LIS of rack received. Accessioning specimens. I learned some clinical research, work in Bio Repository. Management has changed every year since I have been there and is lacking team building skills. Most of my co-workers make great team players to get the job done. The hardest part of the job is standing all day, and also the availability to advance is difficult there. I have asked repeatedly to be crossed trained in other departments.
The most enjoyable part of the job are my teammates, and a feeling of satisfaction for our patients by getting the job done for them and their health care needs.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time. Parties and Celbrations.
Cons
Short breaks. Poor 401k plan. No cross training. No upward mobilty.
Wonderful Place
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 13, 2016
The culture and goals for Management to groom their Employees for advancement is amazing. Davita offered a lot of different types of Employee appreciation year round.
Pros
Advancement, Employee appreciation
Cons
Pay is low
Love the Core Values that are the basis of DaVita.
Facility Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 20, 2016
DaVita is a great company to work for. I have been a dialysis nurse working in all aspects of dialysis care for 30 years. DaVita is truly a patient oriented company, and patients come first before business. I have been provided many opportunities to advance my career. DaVita has tools for just about anything you need to learn. The most enjoyable part of the job is the Patients we care for. Some are a challenge and some are just delightful. Hardest part of the job is trying to keep teammates happy while holding them accountable for their duties.
Pros
Listened to from the CEO down the management chain.
Cons
Medical insurance could be better
Good learning experience
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIOctober 25, 2016
Compensation and benefits are not much to be desired. The work you do as a Patient Care Technician can be difficult mentally and physically, but can be rewarding in it's own way.
Pros
meet interesting people.
Cons
Short Breaks, Long hours, poorly compensated for work you do.
OK place to work, but little opportunity for advancement.
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 6, 2016
The best part about DaVita from an RD perspective is that the company affords a lot of flexibility and autonomy. Advancement opportunities, however, are minimal. Compensation is fair, but not overly generous.
Excellent
Hemodialysis/ Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2016
Great culture, Highly recommended as a great place to work. The work load can be challenging but equally rewarding in pay and experience. Lots of locations exist throughout the country so job security is not an issue