DaVita Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,317 reviews matching the search
Good people, for the most part
Customer Service Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMarch 16, 2016
Davita RX is a great place to work. The culture comes off as quite corny and a little childish at first, but the reality of what you're dealing with, terminal patients, calls for a lighthearted vibe. Management is good, for the most part, even if favorites are played (as with all jobs), and who you know can matter much more than what you do. Pay is decent to good, and the benefits and time off are nice. The company changed over the two years I was there from a warm, family vibe to a much colder, "we are a business" vibe, which is understandable, as the company has grown quite quickly. Overall, a good place to work, but in recent months, they have gotten quite rigid and unreasonable in their expectations of their employees, especially in the customer service department.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, great team culture, decent to good pay/benefits
Cons
Micromanagement, unrealistic expectations of employees at times
Great Company w/ Benefits!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 13, 2016
I learned a whole when I got into this new job. There was a lot to learn and take in just the first week I was there. I learned how to managed phone calls between dispatchers, doctors, patient's and etc. The hardest part was learning what was HIPPA and not. It seems like people had different opinion on what was and wasn't. The most enjoyable part of working is seeing the patients and talking to them. Sometimes they just want a listening ear after they're done with their treatment. One of the other hardest part of the job is receiving the phone call or being notified that one of the patient has expired that you have grown a relationship with.

One of the good thing working for DaVita is their benefits! You rack up PTO differently from all other companies. Their benefits are great too. You get it even if you are part time which is great because not many other places offers that.
Stony Island
Nephrology/Renal Social Worker, LSW (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2016
This facility is great for patient care and meeting cooperate initiatives. The management is poor and tyrannical. People in upper management can be manipulative. Your best is never enough and then more is expected with very little compensation or recognition. Because they have run through key members of their core staff, know your worth and ask for more money upon offer. They will need you!

The patients are great, normal limited resource struggle to meet needs. PCT members are cool!
It could be allot better
Renal Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 18, 2016
I used to enjoy working here. Leadership is poor and resources provided to do your job are not available. Poor team work and no team building. Training of Nurses is Very poor within my particular clinic and I have not seen enough person accountability from our nurses. I enjoy working independently and thrive working with a team. This experience has been very difficult and unfulfilling.
Pros
regular pay check
Cons
no raises, benefits are poor and no team work
Great staff to work with
Peritoneal Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 6, 2016
The most rewarding part of my job is the close interaction I get to have with my patients. My manager is a wonderful person, she really cares about her staff and the patients. The health care team is very close and works very well together to achieve the best goals for the patients. The hardest part of the job is when patients expire. You become very close to the patients so each time one expires it's like loosing a family member.
Pros
The close patient interaction.
Cons
The poor medical benefits.
not a desirable place to work
Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 18, 2016
compensation is not competitive, company does not match 401K, little bonus compensation, little job advancement opportunity, lack of safeguards against medical errors, company is more concerned with stats than real patient outcomes or quality of care, company does not pay out the PTO in case of termination
Cons
does not match 401K, poor compensation/bonuses, little advancement opportunities
Educational experience
LVN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2016
Great teamwork atmosphere. Great learning experience. Caring and professional management. Great benefits including tuition reimbursement. "One For All, All For One'
Pros
Lots of overtime available
Cons
Short breaks. Long hours
Terrible Management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHFebruary 4, 2016
Management continuously moves employees from full-time to part-time depending on clinic census. Local managers are unfair and favor their friends. Management makes up false statements and bogus documents against workers that they do not like. Co-workers do not support one another.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Local management is unfair and threatening.
Good for beginners
Enrollment Specialist, Sales (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAMarch 22, 2016
The company only cares about making money not about the patients. It is a good place to work for a college student or someone getting back into the workforce. The company is very unprofessional and the pay and benefits are not good for someone with years experience.
Pros
hours
Cons
everything
Ok place to work.
Insurance Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2015
Compensation below average. Work/life balance - not so much. There is a lot of driving required for this role. DaVita reimburses for mileage but it is not enough for the amount of wear and tear that you put on your personal car.

My day started at 6 a.m. and sometimes did not end until 10 p.m. You have to live and breathe DaVita to do this job. Would not recommend it for anyone with young children or anyone who wants to have any kind of a life.

Want to know more about DaVita?

Ask a question
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant/Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 16, 2015
Davita is a wonderful company to work for; from clinical all the way to corporate. Davita has endless opportunities! The staff is always great and everyone is always willing to help one another. The best part about working for Davita is not only the benefits that the company provides, but the relationships you build with the staff and its patients.
Pros
Able to relocate to a different facility if position is available
Cons
fun and production work place
CCHT (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXNovember 23, 2015
I enjoyed working with my teammates and making a difference with our patients our work place was always fun and very active depending on the day and how our patients were feeling. The hardest part of our job is the long hours and when our patients aren't feeling well and several at a time and we are trying to help our patients several at a time so we have to work in a fast manner.
Pros
teammates and the benefits
Cons
long hours and the pay
Good company to work for, proactive in tough economic conditions.
Facility Administrator (Current Employee) –  FLOctober 5, 2015
Worked in the role of RN advanced to FA. Management as in any other arena is location specific. Do your homework and get to know who you will be working for/with. At its best it is amazing but at its worst, and under poor management it is awful. Culture is fun and empowering. Staffing is thin but safe. I left the hospital setting 3 years ago before coming to DaVita and considered it far more dangerous. In my opinion and in my division, we live true to our mission and core values.
Pros
culture, proactive leadership, good pay
Cons
training hit or miss, poor benefits
nice culture, compensation could be better
Chronic Hemodialysis RN (Current Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Put on catheter patients, administer all medications, dressings. Manage team of techs and work with team. Management always trying to squeeze you
Pros
OT after 8hours
Cons
120 hour PTO pool, no 401k match
Needs better management and stand behind their employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 3, 2016
Expected to work 20 hours plus a day a times and be on call multiple times a week Often short staffed. Managers continuously changing. No continuity . High employee turnover rate.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
Extreme work hours and on call
Davita is an amazing company!
PCT (Current Employee) –  Shiloh, ILNovember 10, 2015
I like the job. The benefits are great and the people nice. Not to mention you get major holidays off which if you work in healthcare you know that's rare. If you're wondering why I'm on here if I love this job so much it's just that I went to school for EMT. I want to be an EMT. Davita is great but it's just not fulfilling.
Pros
Good break times, paid mileage and free stuff. Namely uniforms and bags, sport cups etc.
Cons
Long hours, but then thats pretty normal
Hard work and Long hours
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Working for Davita was fun and challenging at the same time. I had to work long hours with a last minute notice. It was hard on me and my family because I wasn't home with my kids a lot. The overtime is what made the pay good, but starting pay for technicians was very low. I loved the quarterly bonuses and the friendly staff. The management really didn't care about the staff or the patients. They didn't take time out to see about anyone needs but their own. Only wanted to meet certain deadlines that would affect their job performance.
Pros
good benefits, friendly staff
Cons
long hours, poor management
Overall acceptable place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 3, 2016
Productive workplace.Hectic work hours. Excellent benefit package.Friendly work environment. Lovable clients.If one had a set schedule overall acceptable place to work.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Rotating shift
Would not recommend for employment
Certified Chronic Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Chico, CADecember 21, 2015
As the title already states, I would not recommend Davita as a place of employment. Consistently overworked in dangerous environments to not only the teammates, but also to the patients.

Compensation wasn't worth the amount of work they give you and no incentive to take on more responsibilities.
Great Team focused organization
Peritoneal Dialysis, Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sebastian, FLJanuary 10, 2016
This is probably one the best company that I have had the pleasure of working for in many years and I attribute that to great leadership and a clear vision for the company.
Pros
Great Team Environment
Cons
No 401K/403B