DaVita Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,265 reviews matching the search
Management very supportive with advancing education to all staff
LVN (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 30, 2016
I have been very fortunate to work with some of the managers who supports staff like myself in advancing my educations. I also love working with our patients, They became my second families.
Pros
very flexible hours
Cons
short staff most of the times due to some of the staff have excessive call-ins
Nice Company
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 29, 2016
The company is nice and the pay is ok. There is no work life balance and the hours are ok. The culture is amazing. That is all
I learned a lot.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIMay 29, 2016
Busy days, knowledgeable and helpful teammates. The hardest part of my job is waking up at 3 am. The most enjoyable part of my jobs is the patients we learn a lot about our patients and they learn a lot from us and how to stay as healthy as possible.
Renal Social Worker, LCSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Pinciana, FL.May 29, 2016
I started working for this company with the wrong foot thanks to the clinic's administrator and upper management. First off, I was given minimum training and was expected to meet unrealistic expectations and comply with the duties I was hired to complete. I was also left with no support, as the culture of this clinic and another one they are affiliared with in Davenport, (Polk Co.) is purely based on high school "click groups." Neeedles is to say, there is a lot of preferred treatment and privileges given to employees with poor performance, as long as they are in the administrator's "friendship list." There is also bullying, gossip, a toxic work environment and plenty of drama awaiting for you if you want to join the team.

Compensation was average and no overtime or retirement from this company should be expected. Not to mention, dialysis patients can be noncompliant with treatment and manipulative. Nevertheless, you will be found at fault if the clinics do not meet their "numbers." Enough said, do not work for this company or for this clinic! Take your talents and skills somewhere else if you are hoping to be respected and your hard work appreciated.
Pros
None that I can think of.
Cons
Everything else.
Dialysis Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 28, 2016
Good experience but job satisfaction is only as good as its management. Hemodialysis is an excellent skill for nurses. Good compensation.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Poor management at soundview center
Serious Enviroment
Insurance Counselor (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CA,May 27, 2016
This was a Temporary Assignment, I enjoyed the assignment and realized they have some serious issues with healthcare coverage for some of their patients. I regret the assignment was so short due to the seriousness of the need. The healthcare providers are so nice, as well those who service the patients.
Cons
You often work through breaks and lunch
awesome place to work
Registered Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72209May 27, 2016
Busy but great place to work. Management is really great, always a team effort. Would recommend to someone looking for a fast pace work environment.
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
early mornings
good work place
Reuse tech. /storeroom order/receiving (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAMay 27, 2016
good place to work/ good co-workers /got along with everyone/ would recommend this place for patient on dialysis.just nice place to work at
Pros
free food
Cons
see to much death
Fast paced and long hours
Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVMay 26, 2016
I currently work 14 hour days that are non stop from the time I get to work, until the end of my day. I have been working as a Hemodialysis Technician. The best part of my job, are the patients and the amount of care I can provide to them. The hardest part for myself, is, sticking patients with needles (they are going into a major artery, so lots of potential blood and it's very painful for the patient). This is not an easy task for myself, but may be for others. There is a lot to learn in this position and it feels a little like a 10 week crash course to becoming a nurse, especially if you have no real medical background. There are a lot of problems that are extremely life threatening that can happen, so the stress levels are high and you have to make sure you are able to learn all the corrections and how to fix them or how to be aware of them before they happen. My Co-workers are great; however, management is very "micromanaged." You every move is watched and the smallest instance, will serve you with a write up. This makes for a very stressful, uncomfortable work environment. No sick days, as you are not allowed to be sick, or it's looked at as a sign of weakness, no 401K matching, and the schedule is inconsistent. There is no guarantee of full time work, even if you are hired on as a full time employee.
Fast paced job
Regional Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 25, 2016
I love working for DaVita, the job is very challenging and always lots to do. The culture ad DaVita is unlike anything ever.
Pros
Allways busy
Cons
Little parking
Totality
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALMay 23, 2016
Enjoy working with patients, teaching and serving themmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Pros
bonuses
Fun workplace
Support Integration Analyst-Tier 2 (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAMay 22, 2016
It's a great company to work for. Has a great work environment. Great people to work for. Management is nice and co-work are fun.
Lasted less than six months; corrupt clinic, mgmt
Dietitian (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMay 21, 2016
Patients take a back seat to numbers and data. Piling on of extra duties and responsibilities. Management is horrible. Regional Operations Director is very unprofessional. Belittling of new nurses and techs/nurses disrespectful to patients. Worst place I have ever worked. Toxic environment.
Pros
Productive, fast paced busy place to work
Dialysis Tech (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIMay 20, 2016
One of my favorite things about the job was being with the patient from start to finish of their dialysis treatment. From greeting, to starting IV's and monitoring them through their treatment ensuring they were stable, comfortable and safe to ending the treatment and walking them out.
I learned a lot about how to deal with the psycho-social aspect of chronic long term care and how to help patients cope with the changes.
I learned a lot about time management and how to prioritize patient needs.
Love the Core Values that are the basis of DaVita.
Facility Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 20, 2016
DaVita is a great company to work for. I have been a dialysis nurse working in all aspects of dialysis care for 30 years. DaVita is truly a patient oriented company, and patients come first before business. I have been provided many opportunities to advance my career. DaVita has tools for just about anything you need to learn. The most enjoyable part of the job is the Patients we care for. Some are a challenge and some are just delightful. Hardest part of the job is trying to keep teammates happy while holding them accountable for their duties.
Pros
Listened to from the CEO down the management chain.
Cons
Medical insurance could be better
Great place
Valued Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 19, 2016
I was just a volunteer here, but it was a great place to volunteer at. I would wheel the patients in, take their vitals, and just talk to them during their treatment. I learned a lot and had a great time doing it.
Great opportunity to learn
Acute Facility Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 18, 2016
I learned a lot about the financial and operations of an organization. How to manage the productivity of the team in order to have a better bottom line
busy and stressful
Biomedical Technician II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 17, 2016
Davita is a good company to work for. I suggest more help and more educational classes to help on the job. Also, the morale is very low.
Work/life balance great, training & salary not to great
Peritoneal Dialysis RN (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAMay 17, 2016
There were two months of training on the computer. I had no dedicated preceptor and had no one to follow to complete my training. I was left on my on to run the program without adequate training. I found later that the same happened to other nurses. This is a major problem and they have a high attrition rate as well as low pay.
Fun Place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 13, 2016
Great Hours, excellent leadership, and joyful culture. Benefits could be better - no 401k match. However, other intangibles such as scholarships for students and teammate's children, good bonuses, and many employee discounts with a variety of vendors.