DaVita

DaVita Employee Reviews

To be the Provider, Partner and Employee of Choice.
DIALYSIS PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARJuly 31, 2015
Pros: we make a difference
Cons: long hours very stressful work
One for All, and All for One! We work together, sharing a common purpose, a common culture and common goals. We genuinely care for and support, not only those to whom we provide care, but those with whom we work shoulder-to-shoulder. We work together to pursue achieving our Mission.
well known Dialysis company
Hemodialysis Inpatient Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 31, 2015
Well known company
Flexible working schedule
Lots of red tape and politics but expected of a big company
Located worldwide
My Home away from home
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Awesome company to work for because of our core values, we live them
Cons: lots of long hours, but worth it!
Water checks, prepare Sodium Bicarbonate, Set up and test dialysis machines per protocol, Assess patients vital signs, Weight and fluid removal calculation, Cannulate patients access (AV Fistula and AV Grafts), Access Catheters, Residual testing, Initiate treatment, Monitor patients vital signs every 30 minutes, Terminate treatment, Heparinize catheters, medication administration via injection, p.o. and dermal, IV Therapy, Administer Immunization (Patients and employees) Transcribe orders, Documentation. Precept new RN's, LPN's and PCT's, Infection Control Manager, Provide excellent patient care on every patient encounter.
productive and fun workplace with dancing
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAJuly 29, 2015
I enjoyed what I did at Davita. We all worked hard and everyone got along well and we had Fun. I learned more about accounts payable and how it works, It was never boring, there was always something to do or a fire to put out.
Fast paced
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIJuly 27, 2015
This is one of those jobs that you either love it or you don't. It is hard work with sometimes having to take care of a patient with only 15 minutes and hope that their access dosen't bleed to much. There wasn't enough time time to take care of the patient, clean the area and get the next patient in and hooked up.
DaVita Rx
Account Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: a lot of travel
Great company and a lot of fun people to work with. A lot of work, but work hard play harder. I would recommend DaVita to anyone.
Uncomfortable
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Family feel
Cons: Short lunch, micro managed, unorganized
A typical day at work is just like any other day. We have alot of work to do at short deadlines. I actually learned alot bby teaching my self. The training at Davita is okay but hard to catch on, because your not doing hands on things. The management is okay, everyone is not on the same page. The job would be better if we got paid more for all the work that we do.
Productive Work Place
LVN (Current Employee), Conroe, TXJuly 24, 2015
Very great place to work. Always meet your fulltime hours. Just not the best kid/family friendly place to work. I have learned how to cannulate patients, assess vitals, monitor patients as needed, access CVC sites, administer medications, administer injections, how to educate patients with patient education that may be needed by the patient, and I have also learned the role of how to train all new employees hired on by our facility. Management has been great and they are wonderful and very open to teach you new things. The co-workers are great, a pleasure to work with, I love being a leader and enjoy working with new people. The hardest part of the job is trying not to get attached to my patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is everything. I love helping people and I love teaching people how to better learn their jobs.
good place to work but
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 21, 2015
Pros: In California, overtime after 8hrs of work, everywhere else good luck
Cons: lack of 401k, over the top requirements for bonuses
good place to work, the benefits were fantastic. The problem with any large corporation is that the higher up people lose touch with the people that make the company. Management should have a necessary management class certification of completion, regarding the political correctness of said position, how to deal with and conduct business in a professional manner.
Not all FA's are in the aforementioned paragraph, but it seems that I only worked for those types.Lacking in the basics of management 101
Patients very challenging and enjoyable.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJuly 21, 2015
Very busy facility with many team members working well together. Learning how to work in an outpatient environment very challenging.
Team
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), Olympia FieldsJuly 20, 2015
Team in quality care, fun and spirit. you will have hours and learn new things, there are opportunity for growth and advancement.
A productive and challenging place to work.
Certified Patient care Technician and Preceptor (Current Employee), wilson, NCJuly 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits and become one big family.
Cons: Everyday something changes sometimes change isn't always good.
A typical day at work includes clocking in at 530 a.m and setting up machines preparing for the patients treatment. Getting the patients prep and ready for cannulation or performing catherter care on patients without needle sites. I've learned to be sensitive to all patients and how to recognize signs and symptoms of certain issues. The management is great most times. My co-workers and I all work differently you just have to be open to the different learning styles. The hardest part of the job is when something happens to a patient or something goes wrong. the most enjoyable part of the day is when you know you performed the best patient care that you could have possibly performed and the patient leaves statisfied.
Poor Supervisor and Management
Biomedical Technican (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Can be a good company with fair management
Cons: Supervisor & Management questionable.
This operation is a inside job. Management sticks together whenever they don't want to deal with an employee. Corporate has this no retaliation rule that managers do not retaliation, but you can't prove it because corporate does not look into it case by case.
my preview on Davita
Admissions Representative DaVita (Current Employee), Denver,coJuly 15, 2015
working as a casemanager to place all patients coming from the hospital into a Davita clinic within 24hr. gathering all medical paper for thr facility admin.
No real work/life balance
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Recess during some weeks in lieu of lunch
Cons: No open door policies, make contractors feel like 'the help' even if you are on a contract to perm status.
Was given a problem about taking doctors appointments for diagnosed hypertension. No Training, Complete difference between how contractors and employees are treated even though providing same service. Setup for failure in most cases. Management changing constantly. No documentation in place for anything.
Some really great people to work with.
Inside Account Manager (RFP) (Current Employee), Coppell, TXJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Patient needs are no longer the focus.
During my 4 years with DaVita I met some really great people. However, like most places, I worked under some not so great people.
Enjoyed working with the patients and helping solve problems
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Strongsville, OHJuly 13, 2015
Pros: building a relationship
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work is providing treatments for dialysis patients. I have learned organizational skills and work well with co-workers. The hardest part of my job is when a patient decides to go to hospice. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see my patients happy while they are getting their treatment and talking with other patients.
Very Productive, Nice People,
Inventory/PCT/Reuse (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: A lot potlucks and rewards
Ive learned how to use needles, mixed acid also stop a lot of medical supplies. I started in inventory worked my way up to reuse witch i cleaned blood. Then i moved to pct witch is patient care technician. Learned how to stick patents deal with patents and learned a lot about medicine.
not a good place to work
Acute Care Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee), Alpena, MIJuly 12, 2015
worst job I've had in 40 yrs of nursing. over worked, underpaid, no help from chronic center.... administrator doesn't help at all
fun to work with employees including mgmt are down to earth
Registered Nurse - Peritoneal Dialysis (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 12, 2015
Fun place to work, team work and everything , free food, constant meeting. mgmt are great down to earth, provide growth in carreers, great benefits.
Headquarters