DaVita

DaVita Employer Reviews

JOB
PCT (Former Employee), Plantation, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Wonderful place to work, wonderful people and experience. The best Doctor and physician assistant I have met to date.
Productive and fun workplace
Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), FLSeptember 4, 2014
Pleasant place to go, makes you eager to want to attend work.
High energy and fun place to work
Regional Revenue Manager (Current Employee), Malvern, PASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: this organization leads the way in kidney care, growing into other markets in the healthcare industry
Cons: as with any healthcare organization, the uncertainty health care reform will have on the industry
DaVita| Healthcare Partners is a great place to grow and learn. Invested in developing future leaders.
Difficult at times,but worth experiencing.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee), San Antonio TXSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: ability to make a difference in people's lives, steady employment.
Cons: long work days.
Working in dialysis is fast paced and accompanied by long work days that start very early and end very late. It can also be very stressful at times. I had to learn to overcome these roadblocks to be successful. I've had good and not so good management. It's been my first nursing job and I now feel it is time to look for new challenges and allow my nursing – more... skills to grow. Overall I feel it's been a worthwhile experience. – less
Managed a Clinical Facility
Facility Administrator (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARAugust 29, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed watching the patients become healthier.
Cons: it was difficult hearing about patients dying.
I managed a facility of 15 employees and 85 patients
I Interviewed and hired staff
Made sure teammates completed all training and passed competency exams
Performed teammate job evaluations
Delegated duties to the right person to complete jobs
Having the satisfaction of helping ppl get better
Reuse Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 28, 2014
Pros: smiles of the patient after they have completed there treatment
Cons: having to withness the hard times somepatients go through
Very hard working peopl,dedicated to the job,making sure every patient feels confortable as they would be at home..
Great Place to Work.
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee), Coppell, TXAugust 28, 2014
Its a Great Place to work, I enjoyed the culture and the people were all very nice. Management was good. I loved my coworkers and my team. Hardest part was Dealing with Irate customers but was all the same rewarding and fulfilling when I solved a problem for a customer.
Very busy and productive place and most of all a fun staff to work with.
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), Ormond Beach, FLAugust 27, 2014
Pros: davita believe and having a lot of fun as your learning.
Cons: the long hours.
A typical day starts at 4-4:30 a.m. with two techs. I've learn to first have patients with our patients. And all the skills it takes to be a good tech. My co-workers are all hard workers and good team players. The hardest part of the job are the long hours and being on our feet from sun up to almost sun down.The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing – more... the every day your saving someone life. – less
Challenging environment
Acute Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee), ctAugust 27, 2014
Pros: pt recognition
Cons: undermining.
Acute care has a set of challenges that go beyond the actual patient population or patient care needs. Acute care can mean you go to work in the morning not knowing when the day will end. Acute care can mean you don't get your hours each week. Having a core team of phenomenal people is essential to the environment. In the current world not knowing you – more... have a steady paycheck can be a very negative stressor. Work life balance is also a challenge depending on your own personal and professional standards and being able to walk away with work to be done. Negative is a management team that will not, does not, cannot appreciate the strengths of the team. The best part of the job is a team of solid friends, seeing the patient that no one thought would recover do so, and having patients ask if you are still there because your presence is important to them. – less
Horrible Co-Workers & Back-Stabbing Employees
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Coppell, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
They will hire you as a temp and if then your manager likes you then you can become permanent. They say it takes about 3 months to become perm but for some people it took over 9 months (It is all about favoritism). It is a high school environment. You say one word that someone doesn't like, they will back-stab you and raises are based on what your co-workers – more... think of you. Every computer has MSN messenger so if someone doesn't like you then they will message another co-worker right behind your back. No luck going to HR because they say they monitor computers but that is a lie. You might think they are paying you well but it will take at least 6 more years with the company to make another dollar. I am sad I had to work here because nothing is organized and I beg please really look into the company before you apply. People walk out without even having another job offer and man they will really show their true colors once you put in your two weeks notice. WATCH OUT! – less
Great place to work with some really intelligent people.
Senior Flex/Java Engineer (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 27, 2014
Pros: healthy food and exercise habits promoted, great environment to work with enough opportunities to explore and learn.
Cons: nothing major
I always enjoy the work culture at Davita. There are some very intelligent brains working in Davita's development team headed by a great leader. The managers and leads always promote the culture of ownership and accountability. Finally they often organize events to promote healthy living habits and work-life balance.
Excellent Company
Software Developer - IT (Former Employee), DeLand, FLAugust 27, 2014
Excellent company for anyone looking for a family oriented workplace.
Absolutely loved this job
Clinical Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: greadt hours
Cons: again transportation issues, especially during inclement weather.
Excellent hours. Supervised 2 LPNs/RNs and team of 6-8 techs in outpatient chronic hemodialysis.
Ensured staff certifications/licenses updated.
Med-Surge, Tele, ICU, SICU
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Plantation, FLAugust 25, 2014
Worked my way up as a new nurse, gaining valuable tools and skills to work in the most acute settings
Great Benefits
Dialysis Technicain (Current Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 23, 2014
Pros: working hard...makes days fly by
There is no typical day in Dialysis. Every day is different that's what makes it fun. You never get a chance to become bored.
I am a care giver at heart. I love Dialysis.
I am able to express my concerns (education) with my patients. In a professional way.

The hardest part of the day would be when you have 1 or 2 patients that continue to bleed and – more... you have alarms going off. Trying to be in one spot and all times. That can be rough.

Most enjoyable part of the job for me is...

I do not know where the "SPEED" comes from- but, when "stuff" starts happening on the clinic floor. I just react. Its somewhat of a challenge for me.

It takes alot to unravel me. – less
Enjoyed working at Davita
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Catonsville MDAugust 23, 2014
A busy day but always was nice to see our patients, Enjoyed talking and helping a patien. tI have learned alot about Davita patients illnesses , sad but nice days.
Great Company in general, Poor Life balance in IT. Slim chance of career growth in IT.
IT Technical Professional (Former Employee), CaliforniaAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great teams, teamwork, on-the job learning
Cons: life-balance (it)
I worked in DaVita IT for more than 4 yrs. This review covers a period of time overlapping the 2010-2013 timeframe, give or take one year before or after. Keep in mind that the situation and corporate environment could be different or changed at this time.

DaVita is a great healthcare company with a nice culture; it pays well too. Benefits are ok, – more... but not 5-star; being a Fortune-500 they could do better.

Co-workers: Called 'Teammates' in Davita, I had the honor to work with some of the best teams I ever worked with, learnt a lot from them, people don't slack in this company, great people, great talent.

Mgmt: Good in general, but as in any large org, pockets of bad Mgmt & deviations from general culture can exist. An issue I saw is way too frequent re-orgs, high-level IT Mgmt seemed they needed to justify they were doing something by coming up with unnecessary and disruptive re-orgs one or twice per yr. ..and then gathered everybody that was lucky enough to not get kicked out during the re-org to assure them that their jobs 'are safe'.

Hardest part: In I.T. you work your 'shoulder' off, frequent long nights, and weekends (everybody understands that "I.T. is like that", and some mgrs used this line sometimes) but NEVER in this company I heard a Mgr. or an HR person say that you could compensate your worked night/weekend by taking a day or two off later on. If you wanted time off, you had to request PTO and burn your PTO time. That was the general policy. Of course you need to be available early the next day after a night change to provide support for issues, but after that it was just jump onto next project and keep going. So nobody took time off to offset worked overtime, this was unheard of in DaVita. After several months of this you end up working hundreds of extra hours of your life that were not paid for, and you will never get back. I worked in different teams with different managers during my time at the company, so this problem was not isolated to a single manager or a single team.
But to be entirely fair, in "compensation" of your donated extra hours and hard work, we did get regularly free pizza, or a free lunch or dinner, a spamming thread of kudos email from Mgmt, or the occasional pat in the back. The only thing missing was a happy face sticker to completely evoke a feeling of 4th-grade school treatment.

The above issue got gradually aggravated during my stay by a virtual freeze on hiring of skilled IT staff (ie. people who do the actual work), on several of the IT lanes. If anyone left the company (or was let go), others had to assume the load and keep the show on. More than two years of this can mine any team, this went on for at least the last 4 yrs that I was in the company.
But I did see frequently during same timeframe that IT management positions were filled with people from outside (I even got to interview my future boss once!). The consequential issue here is that there were not really many alternatives in this company for an skilled IT technical staff to grow his/her career (get promoted) if they wanted too; obviously, facing a sheer shortage of skilled technical staff, these skilled professionals would not be the first ones to be considered for Mgmt positions, or offered many other options to grow because then there would be even less resources left to do the real work.

I don't know if this situation continues, my guess is it may take several years for it to improve. If you want to consider this company as a employer please feel free to go for it, keep an eye open, and best of luck. – less
Depends on where you work
Operations (Former Employee), FlAugust 22, 2014
Great company. Terrible leadership in certain areas. Depends where you work. Great culture.
Good experience
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 22, 2014
DaVita Healthcare Partners, Inc. is one of the largest kidney care companies in the United States, with corporate headquarters in Denver, Colorado. Their offerings include in-center hemodialysis, in-center nocturnal dialysis, peritoneal dialysis, home hemodialysis, vascular access management, chronic kidney disease education, and renal diet assistance.Nice – more... staff and enjoyed working here – less
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 20, 2014
Was a great place to work while on a internship. was a team orientated work experience.

About DaVita

At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference – Read more