DaVita

1.0K reviews

DaVita Employee Reviews

true feelingd
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Good benefits and teammates
Cons: Early start time 4am-4:30am
Overall good place to work loved my teammates. Long hours would go back to work here. Just need to get home life together.
work
Centralized Trainer Region 7 (Current Employee), Ypsilanti DavitaAugust 9, 2015
Pros: patient care, I love the patients
Cons: money sucks
You work your butt off for very little money. you work 14+ hour shifts, not for sure if you ever get a break and its almost impossible to move up unless your related or best friends with management.
Patient care tech (Former Employee), houston texasAugust 7, 2015
Good job that enabled you to learn and test your ability's on a daily
bases. Would recommend to anyone.My postion was a fast pace job with many learning objectives that i have kept today.
All for one and one for All
patient care technician (Current Employee), concord, ncAugust 6, 2015
Working as A pct for davita can be very challanging. I feel it take a strong person do work in the healhcare field its self. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that Im helping someone through another day of life. I have learned alot through my experience of being apart of the dialysis world and hope to conitnue to learn more. The harderst part of my job is getting attached to patients and seeing them go away. Again the job could be challenging but i love it.
Davita
Dialysis Technician (Phlebotomy) (Current Employee), MonroeAugust 5, 2015
Great place to work. Patients are awesome. Enjoyed working there I never missed a day unless I was really under the weather.
Not so good
Facility Administrator (Former Employee), Portland, OregonAugust 5, 2015
They state that they want you to have a work life balance, but that is not the case, they continually add more to your plate, without taking tasks away. You work a lot of long hours and continuous days.
Very Poor Administration
RN (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OkAugust 4, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Poor administration
this is a for profit company. My hours were manipulated so that I was not given Overtime pay. Salaries are very low. This company does not value RN's or their experience. Not recommended in the Oklahoma or North Texas region.
the hardest part of the job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: helping dialysis patients
Cons: hours and pay
the demand of the job. working 6 days of the week from 4:30 am to 4:30-5:00pm and holidays will get at anyone. I don't work those hours anymore but am constantly asked to do, do , do will no pay raise.
best employer
HR GENERALIST/BUS ANALYST (Former Employee), Denver, CoAugust 4, 2015
Excellent place to be excellent team environment. good training and most of all they believe in what they do and that is take care of the patients
productive workplace
OCDT (Current Employee), rocky riverAugust 4, 2015
working at davita has taught me a great deal about patient care
i started in dialysis knowing nothing and am now able to care for a patient from the minute they walk in to the second i discharge them
Nursing and Rehabilitaion Center
Dialysis Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Salisbury, NCAugust 3, 2015
Geriatric unit of lovable elderly patient's. Increased patient load. Much experience with medication administration. Experience with patient's with trachs, G-tubes and wound care. Enjoyable part of job is being a part of patient's rehabilitation to allow them to live independently and maintain their autonomy.
Horrible Hours
ASSISTANT BIO-MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Good pay, you learn alot
Cons: work hours, and travel
This company is great in a whole but the hours suck and the company leadership at each branch does not care if you have kids and need to go get them from school. Great Company horrible hours
To be the Provider, Partner and Employee of Choice.
DIALYSIS PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARJuly 31, 2015
Pros: we make a difference
Cons: long hours very stressful work
One for All, and All for One! We work together, sharing a common purpose, a common culture and common goals. We genuinely care for and support, not only those to whom we provide care, but those with whom we work shoulder-to-shoulder. We work together to pursue achieving our Mission.
well known Dialysis company
Hemodialysis Inpatient Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 31, 2015
Well known company
Flexible working schedule
Lots of red tape and politics but expected of a big company
Located worldwide
My Home away from home
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Awesome company to work for because of our core values, we live them
Cons: lots of long hours, but worth it!
Water checks, prepare Sodium Bicarbonate, Set up and test dialysis machines per protocol, Assess patients vital signs, Weight and fluid removal calculation, Cannulate patients access (AV Fistula and AV Grafts), Access Catheters, Residual testing, Initiate treatment, Monitor patients vital signs every 30 minutes, Terminate treatment, Heparinize catheters, medication administration via injection, p.o. and dermal, IV Therapy, Administer Immunization (Patients and employees) Transcribe orders, Documentation. Precept new RN's, LPN's and PCT's, Infection Control Manager, Provide excellent patient care on every patient encounter.
productive and fun workplace with dancing
Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAJuly 29, 2015
I enjoyed what I did at Davita. We all worked hard and everyone got along well and we had Fun. I learned more about accounts payable and how it works, It was never boring, there was always something to do or a fire to put out.
Fast paced
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIJuly 27, 2015
This is one of those jobs that you either love it or you don't. It is hard work with sometimes having to take care of a patient with only 15 minutes and hope that their access dosen't bleed to much. There wasn't enough time time to take care of the patient, clean the area and get the next patient in and hooked up.
DaVita Rx
Account Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: a lot of travel
Great company and a lot of fun people to work with. A lot of work, but work hard play harder. I would recommend DaVita to anyone.
Uncomfortable
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Family feel
Cons: Short lunch, micro managed, unorganized
A typical day at work is just like any other day. We have alot of work to do at short deadlines. I actually learned alot bby teaching my self. The training at Davita is okay but hard to catch on, because your not doing hands on things. The management is okay, everyone is not on the same page. The job would be better if we got paid more for all the work that we do.
Productive Work Place
LVN (Current Employee), Conroe, TXJuly 24, 2015
Very great place to work. Always meet your fulltime hours. Just not the best kid/family friendly place to work. I have learned how to cannulate patients, assess vitals, monitor patients as needed, access CVC sites, administer medications, administer injections, how to educate patients with patient education that may be needed by the patient, and I have also learned the role of how to train all new employees hired on by our facility. Management has been great and they are wonderful and very open to teach you new things. The co-workers are great, a pleasure to work with, I love being a leader and enjoy working with new people. The hardest part of the job is trying not to get attached to my patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is everything. I love helping people and I love teaching people how to better learn their jobs.
Headquarters