DaVita Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,326 reviews matching the search
workplace
Dialysis Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 13, 2016
a typical work day begins at 4am and consist of setting up the dialysis clinic for the day
I've learned a lot of things something new everyday which I love
management changes all the time there have been 3 different bosses since I started
the hours and work life home balance
the patients I care for and some of my co workers
Pros
bonus
Cons
bad health insurance no manament support
Good Enviornment
Benefit Counselor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 13, 2016
Working for DaVita was very rewarding I was able to get many patients reinstated in their healthcare benefits and get them off emergency medical. The staff at most locations were very nice and all medical staff truly care about the treatments given.

If asked again I would return in a heartbeat.
Pros
clean environments
Cons
not enough staff paying attentiion to the application process of healthcare
Wonderful Place
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 13, 2016
The culture and goals for Management to groom their Employees for advancement is amazing. Davita offered a lot of different types of Employee appreciation year round.
Pros
Advancement, Employee appreciation
Cons
Pay is low
Great Culture
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 12, 2016
Great culture and fun environment to work. Room for advancement. Management believes in promoting from within as much as possible.
Great environment
Senior Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 12, 2016
It was great place to work. Employer cares for fellow employees and is well respected and treated. Environment is different in a good way.
Good job.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJuly 12, 2016
I was on call for a local Conway Hospital and did not have much contact with Davita chronic units or management. Davita had a contract with the hospital. In the position I held, I worked independently for the most part. It seemed that as long as there were no complaints about me (there weren't), that I did not hear from Davita. I had already done this job when Central Arkansas Dialysis held the contract and was acquired by Davita when the contract went to them. The Doctor would call me each day to let me know which patients needed hemodialysis. I would go to the hospital and prepare the machine, solutions, and materials to go and do the treatments ordered. IT was one on one care in the patients room for the duration of the treatment. Davita payed my check, provided the equipment, answered my questions, and offered education opportunities. I do not know what it would be like to work in a regular Davita chronic unit, but have no complaints about how they treated me in my setting.
Pros
Independence in my job role. Good salary.
Cons
Did not really meet other Davita personnel and would like to have met more of them.
Dialysis Technician
Dialysis Technician/Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJuly 10, 2016
It was very long hours and the pay was not really up to par for the physical challenges you had to do each day. Most days it was almost 16 hour shifts three to four times a week.
Pros
The patients were a positive.
Cons
The work was very demanding and no room for advancement.
fun work place
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNJuly 10, 2016
i loved working here because i love working and helping people. job start time became a problem for me. the pay was great and i love working with people
Dialysis clinic
Registered/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJuly 10, 2016
Typical workday changed from 10 hours per day to 14/15 hours per day. Learned a lot of interpersonal skills, both with team members and patients. Management skills developed. Hardest part was the long hours. Most enjoyable part of job was developing relationships with the clients.
Pros
Learning seminars
Cons
Long work hours
Great Company to Work for
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamlet, NCJuly 7, 2016
I had fun working for Davita and I miss it very much. The patients and my fellow co workers where a joy to be around. I also enjoyed helping people everyday.
Love the CSS position at DAVITA
Clinical Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2016
Work the required time to get things done that are required based on my position. Great leadership and guidance.
Pros
Allow for professional growth
Cons
none really
Good company to work for.
Charge RN (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 6, 2016
Vacation days easily approved.

I like most of the benefits offered . They just do not match on 401K. They offer more bonuses than others. I like the profit sharing benefit too.

They do not fire employees without a valid reason.
Pros
employee friendly
Cons
no match 401K
Run Run Run
PCT (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 5, 2016
This company is a joke. It doesn't stand behind its core values or mission statement. I worked here for 6 months and I feel it was a waste of time. It's a very non teamwork centered environment, and your leadership doesn't care about that either. We were short on a Saturday (21 chair clinic divided into 2 pods; 3 techs and 1 nurse was there which is AGAINST state standards and I'll get into that soon) my "clinical coordinator" or lack there of came in to check a few things, we were getting ready to do turn and she walks out because she had to take her daughter horseback riding! Are you kidding me? Your team is drowning and you leave?! One of the techs that was there was PRN and we'd call on her when we were short, she vowed she'd never come back to help our clinic out again; that really says something. Speaking of state, how about all the illegal practices the clinics use to get by? I'm sorry easy or not, wrong is wrong. Ethics over everything. I didn't want to work for such a place where they are running out of heparin or "forgetting" to disinfect people's arms before cannulation. Crossing people when your not supposed to, testing machines with dirty dialyzers, running the clinic with less than the state regulated amount of employees, letting patients fight with each other and stepping in to stop it, letting patients use racial slurs to and cussing the staff out, patients that threatens the staff and are not discharged from service. Not to mention a nurse threatened another nurse on the floor and still works there. You can talk until your blue in the face and have documented  more... instances of things happening and nothing gets resolved, fixed, or addressed. Not to mention the nephrologists pretty much know nothing about what's going on with any of their patients and if you kiss up to leadership just right you can have your own friends and family walk onto the floor that don't work there or get treatment. So glad I'm not there anymore.  less
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Horrible health insurance, poor leadership, sneaky practices
Productive, supportive, and fun team to be a part of.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 5, 2016
My new team welcomed me w/ gifts and open arms. Management and team support and encourage growth and fun work place. The hardest part of the job is to learn the policy and culture of the company and clinic you work for. The most enjoyable part of the job is being part of a company and team that loves and cares for the people they work with and people they serve.
Flexible work schedule
PAR & Medicare Primary Processor (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WA and Denver, COJuly 5, 2016
Good teammates, Goal-setting encouraged and also Encouraged advancement, Thoughtful annual reviews. The most enjoyable part of the job is people to work with.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
n/a
Da"Ghetto"
RN (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 4, 2016
Only take a job with Davita if it is your last option!!!!! Compensation is horrible yet everything is money driven! This is the worst job I've ever had. A typical day starts at 530AM and ends no later than 1800. I learned that you are suppose to work non stop. Some of the workers were nice but management was horrible. Please don't waste your time!!! You will not be happy.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Productive employee and expert cannulator
CCHT (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 1, 2016
A typical day at work starts with a review of my daily assignments. I enjoy a work environment where teammates help each other. My coworkers are highly trained, but no matter what we are always sharing the best way to make a fistula cannulation successful.
All For One
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLJune 29, 2016
Davita is an excellent company with great benefits. If you are looking for a career that is lasting and understanding of life, then this is a company for you.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Supportive and positive Management !
Dialysis Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SC 29577June 28, 2016
Techs have multiple duties and tasks that are not compensated for. The training is fast paced and expectations are high.
Pros
It's rewarding when it comes to the patient's care and making them smile and laugh!
Cons
Little training period you are given and low pay for the high demanding multitude of duties given.
Productive and Professional work place with coworkers
Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2016
Being a morning person and early morning hours was a great day. I learn that if you do your part and go beyond to help other coworkers is the best thing to do.
Had a great rapport with management, open door policy.
My coworkers are respectful and helpful.
The hardest part for me was when my clients would expired, after seeing them three time a week, or even 4 times.
My most enjoyable part of the job was doing it right from the beginning.
Pros
excellent coffe breaks and lunch breaks
Cons
working over 15 hours