DaVita

DaVita Employee Reviews

Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 15, 2015
Pros: Learning advancement
Cons: Do not work around school hours
Loved working with staff and taking care of patients. This job has transfer options if you are willing to relocate. Helpful staff.
Very cool place to work for
Patient Registration Coordinator (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Greatest work environment a person could ask for
Cons: Very stressful
Just awesome people all around, awesome benefits, hardest part of the job was leaving the company. I loved that everybody was celebrated and there was always something to celebrate. Loved that they took such great care of the employees and their health.
Great company to grow with
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 13, 2015
More work than pay. I like my team and the patients, but I feel that I am overworked and underpaid. The boss told me one day that "Everyone is doing extra work" Yes that's easy to say and understand coming from the one person in the entire facility that makes more that everyone working in the facility.
Very Fun place to work
Dialysis Staff Nurse III - Dialysis Department (Current Employee), Fremont, CAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Good health Benefits, Vitality points
Cons: Not enough compensation for the experience that I have.
I really like working at Davita. I have been there for almost close to 2 years. Prior to that I was at San Joaquin Hospital for 4 years. I am familiar. Typical day starts with patients assessment, setting goal, giving medication per MD order. I learnt better to educate the patients so they make sure they know what's going on with their health issues. Our management is also very helpful and there so us in any event we need them. Very friendly environment of co-workers you can count and trust on. I have been in this field for close to 6 years so don't feel anything hard about the job. I now specializes in Dialysis and really enjoy my job.
i feel friendly in this place.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJune 10, 2015
Pros: safe to work in this facility.Easy Job.
Cons: no comments.
Davita is a good place to work. all staff and Patients are very friendly.i was a technician in this company for a year and i didnt get an opportunity to work when i got my RN license .then they rehired me as a per-diem which was a great achievement for me.
Patients
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Oregon, OHJune 9, 2015
DaVita patients are awesome. Working here started off great. They reel you in with all of these great incentives and promises. Soon things change for the worse.
Overall Review
RN (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 9, 2015
The work day was the same every day and its about a ten hour day. I learned about the importance of communicating with a team and being able to delegate task and be a leader. Management worked towards bringing the team together. The hardest part of the job was communicating with management when there were issues. The most enjoyable part was getting to know my patients because I saw them at least three days a week.
Staff RN (Current Employee), DetroitJune 4, 2015
Pros: Team, bonus's, profit share
Cons: Busy, need to be able to be on your feet all day
Lives out the core values well. Busy environment, alot of direct patient care and team work, good experience, I would recommend this as a career move.
Great company with goals and future plans
Group Facility Administrator and CEO (Current Employee), Merrillville, INJune 3, 2015
Leading team, identify clinical operations, review staffing, budget goals, delegation, initiatives, education. Cons of the position are the constant micromanagement and the changes of information that is not clear on the what to understand the why.....
Staffing
Assistant Facility Administrator (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJune 3, 2015
DaVita Inc. is a innovating organization and it is considerably a fast paced environment. Managers have to be flexible with ideas, work schedule and changes within the organization. The hardest part about the organization is staffing issues due to the fact that DaVita is not very competitive in salary which give competitors the opportunity to recruit valuable teammates.
Patient Care Technician
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), South CarolinaJune 3, 2015
Work load can be overwhelming. Management tends to put alot on each teammate to do extra duties. The hardest part of the job is accomplishing all assigned duties with in alloted daily time frame, with out going into overtime.
Has some areas for improvement
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Burlington, NCJune 2, 2015
A typical workday consisted of four patients per technician. You were to prep machine, set up supplies, and connect patient to machine all in a timely manner
Great workplace, hard hours, difficulty to advance
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 29, 2015
Pros: friendly co workers, free lunches occasionally, good bosses
Cons: hours, short breaks, very busy
4-12 hour shifts with varying levels of difficulty
Early opening hours are the most difficulty aspect
Friendly co workers and patients
Building relationships with the patients is the most enjoyable part
Smoke and Mirrors
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNMay 29, 2015
DaVita is a place that talks up how wonderful it is. I've heard it described as a "cult" and that is a very realistic description. They expect you to BREATHE DaVita. There are a lot of "chants" and "call backs" that they ask you to do that I think are totally unnecessary. Also, they set up tons of very expensive events to help create this atmosphere, and in return, reduce pay scales of their employees.

Example: I worked with a guy (patient account rep) who had his undergrad in Business, as well as his MBA. He made $15/hr. Absurd. Also, I watched temps come in and make more money than people who had been there for 2 years. There is no rhyme or reason in their pay structure.

Management can be great. But if you get put on the wrong team, it is extremely catty. A ton of talking behind peoples' backs and throwing others under the bus.

Bottom line: you can find a better place to work than DaVita.
productive
NET Developer (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 29, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management
challenging job
good perks
helping to co-workers
the most enjoyable part of the job
No life work balance
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 28, 2015
You have to work almost every weekend. Demands from management is not realistic. Pay and co-workers was ok.
You use recycled parts that weren't reliable. Machines needed updating.
bad management
Renal Social Worker (Former Employee), WIMay 28, 2015
Pros: Hardworking Teammates
Cons: BAD MANAGEMENT, Poor pay, lack of fairness in distributing "triple crown" bonuses.
Management lacks any background in health care
Unrealistic company objectives at the safety of patients
Revolving door of "high priority" objectives
Poor pay/benefits
NO retirement plan, unless you are part of the "in crowd" than you'll be rewarded for gossip and finger pointing

Come on 'Mayor'.... cut the schtick!! the people have spoken - set up a traditional retirement plan and then offer the Triple Crown for the highest achievers. You and your posse have gotten yours....you have forgotten the 'little people' who keep the patients alive.

Overall, a Big, fat "F" for the company - for profit big business at its worst.
I was employeed as a patient care technician
Patient care technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 27, 2015
I was responsible for placing patients on hemodialyisis machines and monitoring their condition during treatments. I was in charge of labwork and maintaining the lab facilities.
Patients are always comes first.
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2015
Pros: DaVita gives incentives to staff.
DaVits knows that in other to put the patient first, they must go through the staff. DaVita uses their seven Core Value to motivate the staff, so the then the staff can make the patients their first and only priority while patient receives treatment.
Very fast paced
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), McMinnville, ORMay 21, 2015
Pros: Being able to help someone, good healthcare
Cons: not enough time to get to know each patient
I started work at 4am and the first thing I did was check the water treatment system and mix the dialysis bicarb solution. I started all machines, strung the lines and removed air from the system. When patients arrived I would take their vitals and connected them to the machine by cannulating their access site. I then monitored the patients vitals and recorded all the info into a bed side computer. When the treatment was over I would pull their needles and bandage the sites, weigh the patient to assure they recived adequate dialysis and I cleaned their station. Then I would prepare the station for the next patient. I was responsible for four patients per shift and there were two shift of patients per day during my 12hr day. I learned something new about kidneys and dialysis everyday. My facility administrator was amazing, some of the co-workers were the gossiping type but most of them were pleasant to work with. They were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was time management but I absolutely loved working with the patients and knowing I was making a difference in their lives. It was a very rewarding career.

About DaVita

At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference – Read more

DaVita Salaries