DaVita

DaVita Employee Reviews

Typical acute dialysis
Acute Staff RN (Former Employee), Ocala, Fl.April 27, 2015
District was in a rebuilding stage and struggled with staff shortages.
Management turnover made tough situation worse.
I love Davita
Pharmacy Tech / Symphony (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 26, 2015
Pros: Bonus, Pay rate, No point system
Cons: scheduled adherence, gossip issues
Davita is the first company I worked for that truly exercise the core values day in and day out. They also do things like the Rx Victory award that's a bonus you get for meeting stretch goals two quarters out the year. All front line teammates start as a guest teammate then depending on rather you fit for the job and culture you will be converted to a permanent teammate. I think if you have worked in the pharmacy industry for a long time and your ready for growth and stability get with DavitaRx.
Love caring for patients
VillageHealth Assistant (Current Employee), Malvern, PAApril 22, 2015
Pros: DaVita Acadmey, National Meeting
Cons: They don't live up to all core vaules. They don't pay well
At DaVita Villagehealth you love working with teammates who truly care about you as a person. I have learned so much about patient care management and the kidneys. DaVita is big on education.
It's a great place to work depending on the facility
Clinical Admin (Former Employee), Fair Lawn, NJApril 20, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, good pay, good environment
Cons: job can be sad (losing patients etc.), a lot of regulations/rules (company specific)
Overall, I enjoy working at Davita. I hear the insurance is awful though. My facility administrator is great, but she has a lot of responsibility running two clinics and the stresses of her job sometimes come through in her attitude.
Davita can be a good company with more benefits.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Grapevine , TexasApril 14, 2015
Pros: Friendly work places.
Cons: Not paying employees enough money to remain with the company.
Davita should compensate their employees with raises that match their experience in dialysis and the number of years with the same company.
Excellent Work Environment
Clinical Service Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 13, 2015
A company that sticks behind its core values. Patient care is of top priority. Many opportunities for RN's and Patient Care Technicians available.
I strongly recommend no one to work for them
RN Floor Staff (Current Employee), oklahoma city, oklahomaApril 13, 2015
Pros: Will hire easily
Cons: poor pay, send many people to board of nursing, inadequate staffing
This facility is highly focused in business aspect rather than patient or staff needs They hire new grads and eat them alive. Staff is at bear minimum, little is put into facility maintenance and appearance. They send people to the board to up the true . A new nurse will not recognize it coming.
Good place to work.
Certified Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZApril 13, 2015
Pros: closed on most Sunday's
Cons: Not every shares the same work ethics and standards
Each clinic is unique with its own culture. Each work day varies from uneventful to challenging. Working as a team is an essential when working in the clinical environment. Being safe, yet having fun, make the work day enjoyable. Additionally, being able to help our patients have a good day is rewarding.
No integrity
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), DenverApril 10, 2015
Huge disconnect between executive management and regular staff. If you are not favored by a manager or executive, promotion does not happen. There is no new hire orientationl, nothing in writing indicating organizational structure. An Organization of this size should not be operated like this. When upper management budgets and spends $300,000 for one meeting to discuss matters that Are covered on a regular basis. Bad stewardship of funds that could be used for patient programs and care.
Service oriented organization
Reuse Technician (Current Employee), Jacksonville, ILApril 8, 2015
Very rewarding assisting patients.
The hardest part of the job is losing patients to death after forming connections.
Fun,engaging place to work
Dialysis RN (Current Employee), Garden City, KSApril 8, 2015
Pros: Multiple tasks to hold interests
Cons: at times skeletal crews
Productive fun place to work, Monthly Pt envolvement w/ holidays, teaching methods.
Stimulating environment. Change over can be a challenge, but very rewarding on daily basis.
Mostly enjoy patient/nurse interaction.
A wonderful place to work!
Strategic Business Analyst (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNApril 8, 2015
Pros: Culture, Management, Teammates, and Work/life balance
Cons: 30 minute lunch
This is a wonderful place to work. The culture is very conducive for young professionals looking to begin there career and develop their skills. Management is accessible and willing to assist you with you goals and development. All of my teammates are friendly and helpful and genuinely have you best interest at heart. I love the fact of being able to assist in giving someone a better quality of life, and find i frustrating when there are factors that do not allow me to assist the teammate in a timely and efficient manner.
Fun and exciting company to be a part of
Clinical Coordinator / Nurse Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Caring manager
Cons: Long days, teammates who become ill- creates short staff-short notice
Typical day at work for a RN: as a nurse the day can change in an instant. From coming into an office job to being pulled to the treatment area to assit the team with staff coverage. The most valuable lesson I learned working at DaVita is if you have a cohesive team, knowledgeable team, the day will glide by and even with issues they will go unnoticeable. As a manager, it is important to develop this strong team and ensure their are great players for each role. Many of the teammates in DaVita have become family. The most challenging position is the role of the RN. Dialysis patients can have very complex issues. It takes a strong RN to balance the floor and carry the ability to maintain her composure when there are many differernt issues flying his/her way. At the end of the day, the best part is being able to feel accomplished, high-fiving teammates on the way out of the door. Each and every day is different and making the most of it is very important as an idividual.
Solid company
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee), Grandview, MOApril 6, 2015
Pros: availabliity
Cons: need more resourses for client
i think that this company should be mor patient centered/ Proveide resources that are geared to the client, There is a great need for education and direct care of the patient.
productive and fun place to work
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee), coppell txApril 4, 2015
Great company culture,mission and vision.
I enjoy working here and will love to work longer if the pay is right. The people are nice and understanding. One of the best companies I have ever worked for.
Talks the talk but does not walk the walk.
Facility Administrator (Former Employee), CaliforniaApril 3, 2015
Pros: hmmmmm
Cons: work-life balance is unmanagable
This is a company that is clearly driven to shareholder happiness. The field teams are left to deal with under-staffing, unmanageable work/life balance, and a false culture. While their core values certainly are solid, it was rare that I saw senior leadership abide by these. Worked under "fear" of reprisal, not positive team reinforcement. Not a company I would ever recommend.
Enjoyed working with the patients
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Newport News, VAApril 3, 2015
I enjoyed working at Davita Dialysis Center for my externship. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the patients and their families. One thing I learned while being there was not to take life for granted. Many of the patients were very ill, but still managed to smile, laugh, and even joke while on dialysis. My co-workers were very supportive and welcoming while I was there. The hardest part of the job was learning of patients who passed. After building relationships with these people and knowing you will never see them again was hard.
Dialysis is nice
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2015
Pros: unlimited overtime, performance based bonuses, and on the job training
Cons: stressful occupation and long hours
A typical day consists of a 12-16 hour shift where u cannulate patients and moniter their condition for the entirety of their treatment time ranging from 3.15 - 4.5hrs depending on the patient
A fantastic Career!!
Biomedical Service Specialist (Current Employee), Marion, ARApril 2, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: breaks are only 30 minutes
I really enoy working here and the co workers thats around me. love ! love ! love ! would one day like to move up in the company but for now im just fine where im at. it make s sure you have all your tool syou ned to get the job done
decent work place
dialysis tech (Former Employee), largo, floridaApril 1, 2015
Pros: long break
Cons: early morning hours
you get to see the same clients over and over so it promotes a sense of trust. since it is a job of repetition you get used to the work fairly quickly and it almost becomes second nature.

About DaVita

At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference – Read more

DaVita Salaries