DaVita

DaVita Employee Reviews

great place to work
Medical Assistant/pct (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 30, 2015
This job was challenging but that is what I strive for daily. I love working here. I created a bond with my patients because dialysis can weigh you down so i like to keep them happy always.
Great Place to work
Patient Account specialist (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 26, 2015
I love the environment here. It is really relaxed and flexible. I come into work and know exactly what to do. This job really challenges your mind.
Great career if ready.
PCT dialysis technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Stability, hours, sense of accomplishment/entitlement
Cons: Stress, hours, patents can be rude
I came in when they were understaffed so I got under trained so I could get on the floor and help. The hours are long, and the job overall is stressful. The sense of entitlement makes it worth it.
Mission Statement and work environment
Hemodialysis Technician/ Coordinator (Current Employee), Elgin, ILMarch 25, 2015
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: no lunch breaks
My Experience has taught me how to build strong relationships with all of the hospital departments at well as its organization. I have the ability to work within a team as well as cross-team. I can work with with minimal supervision and use my time wisely in order to meet the standards of care. I focus on the end result as well as the immediate planning needs. I am able to understand the elements required to get the job done efficiently and accurately. I have an excellent understanding of what makes my current role as a Dialysis Technician and Coordinator successful and have knowledge of managing, planning and implementing change.
My current responsibilities included the patient care /coordinating and maintenance of one of our acute facilities. I work closely with health care professionals and physicians to help them provide the best possible care and information to our highly growing population of renal patients. In addition, I have learned to utilize our hospitals medical content to properly serve our patients in a timely manner. Also, giving all acute dialysis patients and their families the best education that can be given related to treatment, personal care, diet, activities etc. I am goal driven to succeed in team building and collaborating with leadership and management.
productive
technician (Former Employee), grand rapids, miMarch 25, 2015
a comfortable environment to work, able to enjoy meeting new people and co workers are very respectful and helping, very peaceful
Interaction with patients
staff nurse (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: having to travel great distances in early morning hours to fill in for other nurses
A typical day would consist of machine setup for patient treatments, passing medications and then interacting with patients about their diet, blood work and general health if they are having any problems. Communicating with doctors about patient health issues. Documentation of patient progress. I did not consider this job hard, my co-workers were very dedicated to their job, The most enjoyable part was the interaction with patients.
Hard Work, Moderate Pay, No Advancement
Inventory Technician / Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Lemoore, CAMarch 24, 2015
Unless you're a nurse, there's no promotions waiting for you within Davita. If you're looking for a job that will pay the bills with horrible hours and stressful conditions, then this is your place.
No work/life balance
VillageHealth Nurse (Current Employee), Cleveland, OhioMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Heavy work load, unrealistic expectations, management does not accept accountability for actions
Obvious disconnect between senior management's vision and reality. Direct management is indecisive and does not support employees. Huge turn over.
Productive and learning enviroment
PCT/Reuse Tech (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Job security.
Cons: Long hour shifts.
Typical day at work consist of 8 - 15 hours shift. You learn different patient care and duties. All co-workers help each other so it's a friendly environment. Hardest part of the job is getting used to the patient vs. tech ratio witch is 4 - 1. Overall Davita is a great company!
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee), nashvilleMarch 23, 2015
I love work with davita, its a great place for personal and professional development. We enjoy working with davita. davita provides us not only good working environment apart from that excellent support for extra curricular activities.
Great company
Biomedical technition (Current Employee), Norman, OKMarch 23, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: poor work life balance
Awsome company to work for, the only downfall is the work/life balance is not a priority for the position I held and dificult to move up in company.
Fast paced days
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great compensation
Cons: poor teammate relations
Mornings begin around 3:30 am and don't end until around 6 pm. Patients bring several comorbidities to the table ranging from uncontrolled HTN, DM, and cardiac in naure. With limited access to an overseeing physician, a nurse must act independently per protocol and instinct. Understanding what is best for the patient and other members of the team is critical for survival and proper care of patients in this type of setting.
Consistently works with care and accuracy in the performance of assignments
Reuse Technician (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 19, 2015
Prepared dialysis machine for hemodialysis patient's treament. I learned cleaned and sterilize device, supplies, and work area. Management are adorable and my co-workers cooperates with fellow employees to attain goals.The hardest part of the job is to handle and maintained the overall cleanliness of the unit. And I enjoyed to take care the patient's
Offering good benefits to employees, good management
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 18, 2015
Very professional environment. Hiring capable employees with ability to mentor subordinates. Offering work life balance. Very caring and supportive management. Was given the opportunity to learn new things. Have enjoyed working with this company the whole time.
Fast pace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Coppell, TXMarch 17, 2015
Pros: allot of discounts
Cons: random hours
I didn't work here to long but it is a very fast pace and exhausting job, the best thing i liked about Walgreen's was that the store manager can hire, not a divisional hiring manager that will never see the employee again.
Great company
Patient Relation Liaison (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 17, 2015
Great teammates
Lots opportunities to move around within the company if you are willing to travel or relocate
This position was remote so leadership wasn't around much to monitor which was a great thing!
very physically demanding/fair pay/ long hours
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 17, 2015
Pros: some small perks company lunch some travel..etc
Cons: no union/ lots of company politics
Decent place to work very physically demanding.
centers vary from place to place as far as management/coworkers goes as is the same with most jobs / I learned a lot about kidney health care and kidney anatomy.
Productive dialysis lab
LAB ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Deland, FLMarch 17, 2015
Working for DaVita has been able to teach me tremendous amounts. I have learned outstanding organization, patient accountability, and the true importance of teamwork.
Productive and fun place to work
QA Test Lead (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 15, 2015
A typical day at work includes performing QA activities depending on the QA phase.
I have learnt better management and offshore-onshore coordination
Rx is okay
Anonymous (Current Employee), Coppell, TXMarch 15, 2015
Pros: teammates, in an industry that does make a difference
Cons: benefits are substandard
Some things really don't make sense around there. A lot of redundancy. Could really use some process improvement. I think they're ready to take that next step . . . really, they'll need to if they're gonna survive. The culture is dorky but some people really love it, and that does mean something. You could definitely do worse.

About DaVita

At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference – Read more

DaVita Salaries