DaVita

DaVita United States Employee Reviews

very physically demanding/fair pay/ long hours
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMarch 17, 2015
Pros: some small perks company lunch some travel..etc
Cons: no union/ lots of company politics
Decent place to work very physically demanding.
centers vary from place to place as far as management/coworkers goes as is the same with most jobs / I learned a lot about kidney health care and kidney anatomy.
Productive dialysis lab
LAB ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Deland, FLMarch 17, 2015
Working for DaVita has been able to teach me tremendous amounts. I have learned outstanding organization, patient accountability, and the true importance of teamwork.
Productive and fun place to work
QA Test Lead (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 15, 2015
A typical day at work includes performing QA activities depending on the QA phase.
I have learnt better management and offshore-onshore coordination
Rx is okay
Anonymous (Current Employee), Coppell, TXMarch 15, 2015
Pros: teammates, in an industry that does make a difference
Cons: benefits are substandard
Some things really don't make sense around there. A lot of redundancy. Could really use some process improvement. I think they're ready to take that next step . . . really, they'll need to if they're gonna survive. The culture is dorky but some people really love it, and that does mean something. You could definitely do worse.
productive and unpredicable day at Davita
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), Huntingdon Valley, PAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: lunch is some times provided
Cons: trying to make everybody happy
Long hard working hours but I definitely love the work I do nobodies perfect so I love the feeling of knowing that there is always something new going on that would help me improve on the work that I already do My co-worker are not the easiest to get along with but I don't let that affect the work that I am there to do I still some how find a way to make the best of it. The hardest part of my job is dealing with some me type of personalities and trying to comment to everything that everybody wants. The most enjoyable part is going home with the feeling of knowing that I matter at my job and that I've helped somebody's life just a little bit better and I've tried my hardest to put a smile on their faces.
Traveling insurance retention
INSURANCE COUNSELOR DAVITA DIALYSIS (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: trips out of state: traveling to disney land, denver, co, nashville, tn, etc, create own travel calendar, assisting the patients
Cons: traveling a lot, the health insurance was horrible, and no 401k match
I would travel all over the state of Iowa and assist dialysis patients with insurance questions. The biggest part of the job was retention of insurance with patients who has employer group health plans. I partnered with Social Workers to identify any potential loss, and help patients who were not insured, get insurance. The hardest part of the job was the traveling. The most enjoyable was the patients, I loved helping them.
Large company with positive environment
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and job security
Cons: polictics and clicks
Good company. However, the facility I worked at had "political" issues and and clicks. I remained neutral along with a few others but did not agree the "politics" i had to witness. Clinical manager who was a former Paramedic whom achieved his RN hired me specif because of my past work history and ethic. He wanted to change the "politcal" dynamics and help the tension loosen. Plus with my job history made myself very qualified for medical emergencies, even among the RNs and LVNs.
productive
Claims Submission Coordinator (Current Employee), Malvern, PAMarch 6, 2015
Fun place to grow and learn. Davita is a great place to learn the medical billing system. Would recommend to a friend. Good co workers, and work experience.
Senior Managment is a JOKE!
Teammate (Current Employee), Deland, FLMarch 5, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor managment
DaVita Labs is not a company to work for if you're looking for a career. The turn over rate is like none I have ever seen in a company. They do not value talent! It is all about who you know in the company. Most of the supervisors, managers and senior management team all know each other. They only promote teammates if your in their click not based on job performance. Over the last several years I have watched new management come on board and clean house. The General Manager has no clue how to run the place just how to cut departments and get rid of teammates to keep the budget low. This company doesn't care about its teammates only about profit. The HR department is a joke as they are suppose to be there to help the teammates but when you talk to them they go right to management to inform them of the discussion and in return your life becomes a living HE11! I have seen the moral of the teammates change since I started several years ago. It's sad because teammates don't speak up as they're afaird of retaliation. Do yourself a favor and don't work for the Lab as you will regret it. Outside of the Lab the company is a great place to work.
Great place to work.
Healthcare information (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great experience
Cons: temp work
I learned about insurance claims, Data entry, Teamwork.
i usually worked 9-5. I really liked the Management, They were very helpful.
Challenging workplace
RN Dialysis Staff Nurse Acute and Chronic Care (Current Employee), Kerrville, TXMarch 3, 2015
This is a very fast paced work environment. The hours are very long. You have to be able to work as a team. I enjoy the difference that I feel that I make everyday in my patients lives.
Loved it!
Facility Administrator Intern (Former Employee), Wayne, NJMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great environment
Although I was only an intern I was always treated with respect and felt welcomed! I really enjoyed shadowing the Facility Administrator and gaining valuable experience.
Great one on one care with patients
PCT/Home health aid (Current Employee), Burton, MIMarch 1, 2015
Pros: interaction with my patients
Cons: 16 hour shifts
A typical day at DaVita is very busy. From the time I clock in I am hustling and working toward giving my patients the best environment and treatment possible. I take a break only after all charting is complete and a final check on my patients has been done. My day ends depending on the shift for that day/or if closing every patient is gone the floor is cleared, blood tubes are spun/refrigerated and the water room is prepped for the night.
productive and fun workplace with friendly people
Dialysis tech (Current Employee), Decatur, GAFebruary 28, 2015
A typical day at work is very fast paced, I learn on a day to day basic how to help sick people and how to work with a team. My co-workers are very helpful and friendly. The hardest part of my job is the early morning shift 4am. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the smiles on the patients faces after their treatment is over.
Best place to earn money.
Acute RN (Former Employee), OntarioFebruary 25, 2015
Standard company where you can serve and earn money. Well equipped and great technologies. Safe work place.Independent work.More chances to grow.
Feels like a family when you come to work.
Patient Care Technician/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work starts at 5am and ends about 8pm. i am constantly on my feet and always staying busy which I love so that the work day can go by faster. I have learned more patience and accountability. I love the management because they coomunucate well with all emplyees and doesn't make people feel belittled. the hardest part of my job is the long hours. The most enjoyable part is that i get to do what I love by helping other people.
Enjoyed a great team environment.
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee), Branford, CTFebruary 25, 2015
Busy dialysis clinic, lots of paperwork, great co-workers and patient population. Offered great opportunities for advancement and management promoted companies core values.
A very good place to work, with hope to go up in the career leader. opportunity to transfer, and many incentives
Dialysis patient care technician (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good shift, nice brake time. some time free lunch and gift.
Cons: you have to be careful in evedthing, in order etc
A fun workplace with abundance of hope and opportunity to go up the career leader.Good atendance and opportunity to lean , demostrate a knowledge of compitency and make differency
bad management
Acute Dialysis Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: some authonomy
Cons: bad schedule, bad management, discrimantion, favoritism, unhealthy work environment
there is discrimination in the workplace, favoritism, bad management, multiple lies about bonuses and pay increase, no integrity
Love the vision and values
Supervisor Joint Venture Reimbursement Operations (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 23, 2015
Nice place to work, compensation could be improved. They refer to their employees as teammates and call the company a village. Benefits are good and development opportunities are good. Management needs some work, however overall I would work there again.

About DaVita

At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference – Read more

DaVita Salaries