DaVita

DaVita Employer Reviews

RUN dont apply- high turnover
PD rn (Former Employee), Macon, GA, 31201 KDCJune 4, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: management, scheduling
KDC at macon, ga 31201 worst place ever to work. Horrible hours, poor management.
You hit the floor running and work very hard, very rewarding but can be stressful also.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 3, 2014
Pros: getting to know the patients very well
Cons: pay
DaVita is a great starting point in the medical profession.
Very goal oriented patient based company
Patient Relations Liaison (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 3, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, being salary. great healthcare insurance benefits
Cons: lack of growth opportunities
In my 3 years with Davita I have learned alot about building business relationships through strong interpersonal skills. I learned the in and out of dialysis in the hospital setting as well as in an outpatient setting. What I enjoyed most about my job is the patient and family interaction. I was the go to person within the hospital for any dialysis – more... discharge planning needs, so I end each day with a sense of satisfaction that I am making a positive impact. I do hope that I find from a new job the same sense of making positive impact on an individuals life. That is my true enjoyment from my current job. – less
productive with patient care
Lab Manager (Current Employee), McDonough, GAJune 2, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: getting up early
works starts at 3:45 or 4:00 am with mixing bicarb hooking up acid checking dialysis quality water setting up machines and testing them gathering supplies needed for patients making sure all visual checks are done them cannulate patient monitor vitals assess patient over all educate and make the as comfortable as possible
Very Good Learning Experience
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 1, 2014
I love working at this company. I've learned so much and I appreciate the opportunity to be apart of a great company. The core values focus on the best for you, your teammates and patients but if you don't have a FA that believes in the same things as the company, it isn't going to work.
A great place to work
Hemodialysis Technician (OCDT) (Current Employee), Xenia, OHMay 31, 2014
DaVita is a well structured company with great opportunities for those who are willing to demonstrate a commitment to quality patient care. I am proud to be a DaVita employee
Great staff and manager, we have lots of fun working together.
Preceptor/Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAMay 31, 2014
Pros: i start early and leave early to pick up my children, to coach and help out with school works.
Cons: been with my company for almost 9 years, but not yet vested in retirement.
I open the facility and ready all the machines, check the water to make sure it's safe to use for our patients. Also to make sure it's within company's required limits. Prepare medications, and report to RN. Initiate patients pre/post treatment and documentations.
I'm in charge of patients monthly educations and quarterly emergency drills.

I learned – more... that everybody has different ways of learning and I'm sensitive to their ways of learning. I have a great understanding to what patients needs.

I can work well on my own and fulfill my tasks with or without management checking in on me. I can communicate and report, well with management and RN's.

I get along GREAT with co workers and a TEAM player. I like to have fun at work, in a professional manner. I'm reliable and come in for extra shifts, when called in. I'm a punctual person and don't call in sick for work.

The hardest thing about my work, is losing patients.

I love working with people, and help prolonging their lives. I have a good sense of humor and personality. – less
productive fun place
Receptionist/ clerk /data entry patient care tech (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 27, 2014
alot of smiling faces fun with coworkers stress free environment helping others was paramount
Great medical experience
Master Social Worker II (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAMay 27, 2014
Fast-paced medical facility with a great team.

Working with the patients is the most rewarding part of the job.

A typical day includes lots of problem solving and paperwork.
Great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Corona, CAMay 27, 2014
Very welcoming environment both for patients and employees
Davita good place to get experience
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAMay 22, 2014
Cons: long hours
I care more for those bed bond,and helping to care for elderly
Great company to work for!
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCMay 21, 2014
•Supported multiple centers with a portfolio that included 80 devices.
•Developed and implemented a comprehensive maintenance program for all devices.
•Conducted policy and procedure training on all teammates.
•Coordinated all facility repairs through general contractors.
•Active member of facilities Governing Body and participated in monthly quality – more... meetings. – less
Productive and fun workplace with many challenges
Floor RN/charge RN. Patient Educator. (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMay 19, 2014
Pros: management often supplies free lunch when we meet goals.
Cons: short breaks, working short staffed.
Fast pace dialysys clinic. Although dialysis is what we do I find caring for other needs of the patients such as finding them resourses.
Most patients have other illnesses other then kidney disease. The hardest part of the job is finding the time I feel I need to spend with the patients educating and talking with them. By the time I get first shift – more... on the machine, assessments done, and meds given, it is time for them to come off and prepare for the next shift of patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is educating the patients! We include the patients in different events in the clinics such as easter egg dying, crazy hat day, and celebrate holidays, etc. My co-workers are awesome and we work as a team. As a charge nurse I never ever want to hear smeone say that is not my patient!! – less
Great place
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), Granite City, ILMay 18, 2014
Overall great place to work. Really no complaints. Everyone works together as a team.
Productive and fun place to work
Prior Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee), Coppell, TXMay 18, 2014
Cons: been a temp for over 90 days now
By Following DaVita's Core Values, you will be a successful worker

Service Excellence

Serving others — our reason for existing. We continually seek to understand the needs of those who depend on us (our patients, doctors, and our fellow team members) and then to exceed their expectations.

Integrity

We say what we believe, and we do what we say. – more... We are trusted because we are trustworthy. In our personal, team, and organizational values, we strive for alignment in what we say and do.

Team

One for All, and All for One! We work together, sharing a common purpose, a common culture and common goals. We genuinely care for and support, not only those to whom we provide care, but those with whom we work shoulder-to-shoulder. We work together to pursue achieving our Mission.

Continuous Improvement

We never stand still; we are never satisfied. Individually, and as teams, we constantly look at what we do, and ask, “How can we do this better?” Then, we use a systematic approach to take action.

Accountability

We don’t say, “It’s not my fault,” or “It’s not my job.” We take responsibility for meeting our commitments — our personal ones as well as those of the entire organization. We take ownership of the results.

Fulfillment

We make a difference. We feel rewarded — personally and as a team — because what we do in our jobs is consistent with our goals and dreams. We believe “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” (Mahatma Gandhi). And, when you are the change, that’s fulfilling!

Fun

We enjoy what we do. We know kidney dialysis is hard work; but even hard work can be fun. We take our jobs seriously, but we feel a fun environment delivers better care to our patients while creating a better work environment for our teammates. We strive for excellence and we have fun. – less
Core Values are best part.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 17, 2014
Pros: lunches bought on occasion
Cons: very stressful environment
Corporate structure. Applying Core Values within your own unit can make day go smooth.
good environment
Certified Hemo-Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAMay 17, 2014
Pros: nice staffing, free lunchs
Cons: small work space
good environment, great doctors to work for, fun staff, not much room to work at within the exam rooms but very nice staff and doctors
Nursing Dialysis
RN, Facility Administrator (Current Employee), Red Wing, MNMay 16, 2014
Pros: insurance, sense of team
Cons: na
Great company to work for. Left job to move. I would reccomend it.
Team-oriented, positive culture
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee), Malvern, PAMay 16, 2014
The 7 Core Values: Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fullfillment and Fun are what Davita special from other companies.

Everyone across the Village, from corporate teammates to clinicians, utilize these core values to create a very unique corporate culture.
Management in Oklahoma is a JOKE
RN (Former Employee), Tulsa OklahomaMay 16, 2014
Bald faced lieing, unprofessional management, here in Oklahoma! They are a JOKE! Total embarrassment to the world of Healthcare!!!

About DaVita

At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference – Read more