DaVita

DaVita Employer Reviews

Terrible employer
Registered Nurse (Dialysis Nurse) (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 27, 2015
Cons: everything
DaVita was never staffed properly, and is dangerous for RNs and their licenses. They also cheated me out of my PTO when I left, and told lies about me to their HR reps. In the OKC region at least, they are a terribly ran company, and regional execs have no clue what they are doing, and care nothing of company loyalty. They claim to be a village and a community to both employees and patients, but all they care about is the fact that they are a fore-profit company.
DaVita Labs, DeLand, FL - very unstable place to work at
Previous Employee (Former Employee), DeLand, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits, nice facility
Cons: huge turnaround, weak management, hr
DaVita is a great company who is proud of its patients and their culture. Sadly, DaVita Labs in DeLand, FL does not well represent DaVita, headquartered in Denver, CO. The management of DaVita Labs is being constantly replaced and they can't seem to find the right one. We are talking about an amazing talent being let go. The current core management works from home 90% of the time, and they don't really seem too involved what is going on at the Lab. Human Resources department is probably the weakest department of the organization where employees can't seek any advise, guidance or support. There is no chance for advancement, promotion in this facility. Lab workers do not feel appreciated, the wages are extremely low, the turnaround in this company is extremely high. I do not recommend working there. When you relocate from another state to work for DaVita Labs, DeLand, FL, I truly recommend not to buy a home as your job may only last a year or so. It's too unstable to work over there.
ok
Acute Dialysis and Home Therapies RN (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: way more work
Tiresome, at times too much work, which is probably why they pay more, Lots of training to influence growth, however growth is not easy.
One of DaVita's core values is fun.
Social Worker (Former Employee), Hastings, NEJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day was meeting with patients while receiving dialysis treatments. I always enjoyed the 1:1 contacts with patients and getting to know their families. I worked in several dialysis centers around the state and enjoyed the "teams" in each unit. The hardest part of the job was watching the deterioration of patients' health over time.
Great Company
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Great company to work for, they really care about their employees.
Very fulfiling postion and excellent company to work for.
Facility Administrator/Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed my 6+ years at DaVita. Leadership is very involved in day to day operations and I the overall care that the patients receive.
Nice but not great company
Incident and Problem Manager to Pharmacy Division (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great teammates
Cons: stop all of forced cheers and chanting, its like scientology!
Its a nice place to work but the benefits are way below the market and parking is $6.00 per day. Horrible work life balance, travel lots of meetings.
Thankful for the experience but the heck with them!!!
CCHT/ Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: making a difference in patients lives on a daily basis. loving my patients and co-workers.
Cons: everything! i hope someone from coroporate see this so they can crack down!
I worked their 2012-2014 and DaVita was a great place to work as an intern but as soon as you became a employee all the secrets start to unfold. This is a money hungry company that cares only about the patients making it to treatments to sit on their machines so they can get paid. In Detroit, MI everyone that is hired is related in some sort of way. If you arent related to anyone the staff treats you as an outkast. The Facility Administrators are sneaky and write you up over petty things that happen a month ago (i.e tardy 2 minutes past 4:35 am (doors dont open until 5:30 am), no leather gymshoes)to keep their files current, also they come to each others clinics to sit in FA/staff meetings as witnesses, messing up your chances of going to another clinic by word of mouth from other FA's. They all rig there numbers for high DQI scores. People Services (Corporate) claims they are here to help PCT's / Nurses with any concerns, but their is no winning against FA's. They protect them 100% based off the clinics DQI scores and your previous write ups. You see so many techs come and go, and Nurses only fin for themselves. Its a very unhappy place to work. Also pressured to work 4 consistent 12 hour shifts because the FA chooses to work short staffed due to the monthly budget. Some care about your work life balance, other FA's dont at all. Be careful of what clinic you choose to work at, Kresge as well as Schaefer and Detroit West, and Grosse Pointe. No hearsay all facts. GO TO FRESENIUS!!! THEY LOVE GETTING DAVITA TECHS.
Great culture in theory, no work life balance
Acute Facilities Administrator (Former Employee), MidwestJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: positive culture design
Cons: no work life balance, short staffed, slow to hire
The culture of the organization looks great on paper, but I never saw it in my area. The organization is very reactive, and senior leadership was very lacking. They have great training programs established, but leadership does not utilize these programs. Production comes before people in terms of proper staffing ratios.
I love this company.
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee), Bryan, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: enjoyed working there and we worked together like a family.
Cons: no cons i love a challenge.
Working at Davita is a job I really enjoyed because we were like a family working together & we all helped each in different areas.
Unsafe for both patients and employees
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), VirginiaJanuary 15, 2015
While I'm sure that there are many excellent DaVita clinics out there, I would advise anyone wishing to work for the company to thoroughly get to know their specific facility before entering it. At my clinic conditions were unsafe for patients and staff. Procedures were rarely followed, supplies were always out of stock, and management was completely incompetent. KNOW YOUR FACILITY FIRST.
DaVita was my extern site required for graduation.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2015
The learning experience here was wonderful. To have the opportunity to learn kidney dialysis as a specialty, was an incredible experience. My preceptor was very patient and assuring of my capabilities as a medical assistant. She stated that she was very impressed and was one of the best she has ever worked with. The hardest part of my job was knowing that dialysis is a life long treatment for the majority of the patients and wanting very much to make them feel better. The most enjoyable was being able to communicate with my patients about their everyday life and hearing that they felt better when they left after their treatments.
Could be a great place to work depending on the management
Dialysis tech (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good experience
Cons: to many
Loved all the patients and co-workers workig the floor.Managment is hard to deal with not family orientated at all and not good pay.12 hour days almost always went over by a couple hours.ALways short staffed as well.But if your Fa is a good one things are great!!
Unrealistic expectations
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: they do like to eat
Cons: pay, pto plan is horrible
In my current roll, Revenue Operations, there is little room for human error. Having only been w/ the company five months they seem to expect me to operate at the same rate as those that have been in the same position for years. When you are overwhelmed w/ work and can't manage what is already on your plate, you can be assured that they will give you more. When you meet expectations they reward you by saying that its not enough and that you should be doing more. Managers are detached from the reality of those that sit in the cubicles and generate billions for the company. Their cult like approach may intrigue many but be assured that they will not reward you unless you truly gobble the BS and stick it out for years. Only then, providing office politics swing your direction, might you have the opportunity to waste years in middle management and strive to be "The greatest dialysis company in the world". Translation, the most profitable. The bottom line is the word folks. Just another faceless American Corporation.
Fast paced
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: paid breaks not lunch
Connect and disconnect patient from machine, and monitor during treatment.

I learned how to open the water room, monitor patients and educate them on renal nutrition.

At the time I worked their, there was no management only head RN.

Co worker...I love the name team mates. We always worked as a team and never let anyone fall.

Hardest part watching non complaint patients.

Best part being part of such a great organization.
productive and warm work environment
Dialysis Tech (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: might not get a break, always short staffed, no flexibility
I loved working with my patients. I have learned how to handle people who are sick I worked with the elderly. The hardest part of my day to day there was the fact that at any given moment we can have a medical emergency and lose some one.
Team work
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee), Burlington, NCJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: open to new ideas
Cons: early hours
Employees worked together to give the patients quality care
Stable Company
Business Analyst I (Current Employee), Torrance, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Learned a lot from Davita/HCP in the 21 yrs I worked here. Pleasant and enjoyable environment.
Guest Service Representative
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Berwyn, PAJanuary 3, 2015
Excellent management and coworkers. Enjoyed the growth I earned working for this company.
lack of support nurturing for growth and advancement, always treading water. lack of headway.
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short staffed always
lack of nurturing for growth and advancement. poor mix of life/work balance. working long numerous hours filling in for teammates.

About DaVita

At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference – Read more