DaVita

DaVita United States Employee Reviews

bad management
Acute Dialysis Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: some authonomy
Cons: bad schedule, bad management, discrimantion, favoritism, unhealthy work environment
there is discrimination in the workplace, favoritism, bad management, multiple lies about bonuses and pay increase, no integrity
Love the vision and values
Supervisor Joint Venture Reimbursement Operations (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAFebruary 23, 2015
Nice place to work, compensation could be improved. They refer to their employees as teammates and call the company a village. Benefits are good and development opportunities are good. Management needs some work, however overall I would work there again.
Believes in giving good quality Healthcare.
Administrative Assitant (Current Employee), Pontiac, MIFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: fulfilling, caring for people
Cons: some days are long, tend to be on your feet quite a bit.
A typical day for me includes tending to the needs of my patients and fellow teammates. I have learned to be patient, hardworking, and very dedicated to what I do and being very good at it. The hardest part of my job is not being to provide or problem solve an issue someone may have. I really enjoy being able to be of service to everyone I come in contact with, weather its a patient, teammate, doctor, nurse, etc.
Floor Staff Dialysis RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: very rewarding.
Cons: hours conflict
The company is differently very good company.
The clinic is very positive as for as patient outcomes.
Nurse to patient ratio 12 to 1.
Caring for ESRD patients in a community setting.
Giving Life
Productive work place
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: choice of working 3 days a week
Cons: short breaks, benefit.
long day at work, short breaks because of nature of the job, required constant observation and documentation. I love working with the patient and staff. My boss is awesome, smart and coordinate well.
the hardest part of the job is the benefit some days more than 14.5hr at work. I enjoyed interacting with my patients and staff members.
Love my job sad to loose it.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), 960 S. Truman Blvd. Crystal City Mo 63019February 20, 2015
Pros: flexable hours
Cons: not enough hours
I love working for Davita and I would not leave except for the cut in hours. My Administrator is great as our leader. Our team seems to work well together in spite of hectic hard days.
In my day at work I answer phones, fax whatever the staff needs me to and run reports for the week. I am in charge of chart audits, physician credentialing audits and intering info for new patients and printing all pertinent consents and forms. I keep up with emails daily as they pertain patient information needed by corporate. I greet and talk with patients and family to address any needs they have. My day intails many duties as the manager needs from me. I take care of mail distribution/mailings, work with our insurance department at headquarters as needs arise. Many more duties that can't be put on paper. Every day is different and never as I have planned in my mind it makes for exciting and or frustrating days here and there.
Fun environment with room to grow
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee), Malvern, PAFebruary 19, 2015
Management is amazing. Typical day would be coming to work and working your reports, projects, and book of business. Taking on additional projects as assigned.
This company is continously growing
Monitoring Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 17, 2015
When mu center closed they ensured I recieved a severance package. Management were always flexible with me regarding all three of my difficult pregnances.
Too much busy work
RN (Current Employee), OklahomaFebruary 17, 2015
DaVita has really gotten away from great patient care. As always there are business men and women that sit in an office, behind a desk somewhere that come up with, what they think are, more efficient ways to run a business. Unfortunately, this usually means a decreased budget for direct patient care and more paper pushing.
Will work you to death and not advance you
Reuse Technician (Former Employee), Orangevale, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: patients were very nice.
Cons: more worried about profits than people.
Unexceptable pay for the responsibility that you are required to have. Sometimes had to work 14 & 20 hours straight to catch up with team. Was asked to be janitor in addition to regular work load. Management didn't even have experience in a medical setting. Patients were treated like cattle instead of human beings. More worried about census than clients. Worst medical work experience of my life.
I learned and gained a lot of experience working for this company.
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Encino, CAFebruary 16, 2015
I have developed helpful skills through my past profession, especially through patient care. I have learned the importance of cooperation in a professional setting.
Great company
RN (Current Employee), Pennsauken, NJFebruary 15, 2015
Great company that cares for employees. They train and prepare their employees very well. They offer many different and great opportunities at this company.
Difficult field to maintain a career with
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: benefits, helping people
Cons: emotionally overbearing, not family friendly, time constriction
With DaVita there is little reward for very difficult work. Dialysis is giving individuals with Renal (Kidney) failure a second chance at life. Unfortunately, there are many individuals who abuse this opportunity and do not follow the strict dietary needs of their new lifestyles. You have many patients who are very demanding and require much attention.

There is very limited time to complete tasks required to meet minimum quality to policy and procedures posted by the company. co-workers can be difficult to maintain a good relationship with.There is much unfairness in patient scheduling, laziness, and negative chatter. Although much of this is due to management, there is little or no correction even when approached constructively.

The most difficult part of this job is watching patients slowly become ill and expire. It is difficult to deal with at work, but also takes a major toll on home life.

About 20% of my current patients are very appreciative and show gratitude.
productive workplace
Hemodialysis Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Edison, NJFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: holiday parties thrown by davita & nephrologists.
Cons: short breaks and sometimes no breaks.
1. Typical day at work usually very busy sometimes requires long hours 2. I have learned to work with doctors, dieticians, social workers and team mates to provide safe and effective treatments to our patients.
3. Management and team mates all worked together efficiently to be able to provide excellent patient care.
4. Co-workers all got along together as family.
5. The hardest part of the job was coping with disabled equipments and sudden changes of patient schedules.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I made a difference in my patient's life.
Nice manager, teammates good place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: a lot of good teammates
Cons: see my patient some times tosick
Nice place to work, I enjoy what I do, fun to work with my teammates, managers and my patients. I can be free to look for better and more efficient ways to work and innovate day in, day out
Fun job culture
Business Analyst, Revenue Operations (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: politics
Good opportunities. Clarification of job titles and roles needs to be more defined. Clear development goals need to be outlined to increase employee fulfillment.
Poor Management and rotten pay
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: you get recess like a 5 yr old
Cons: everything else
The mgmt team is a joke and the pay is terrible. The benefits are awful too. They spend all their money on things like recess where you can jump rope or play vollyball and eat candy then they do paying their employees enough to survive on. Also, they keep poor management no matter how many mistakes they make or complaints they get.
Will work you till you drop
RN (Former Employee), DallasFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: ?
Cons: extremely heavy work load
Think hard before you join this village. Do your research. Lots of long hours and long days. High turn over in management & other areas.
It really is one of the best places I have ever worked.
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2015
You get out of this company exactly what you put into it. If it is your desire to learn, grow and make a difference in the lives of others? Those goals can most definitely be achieved. I would not describe my job as hard but instead challenging because there are some many daily opportunities to step up your game and become a better you.
Clean workplace and training easy
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: quarterly bonus, pay rate
Cons: long hours
Co-workers all for themselves, their is no teamwork. Shift change is chaotic. Computer charting system terrible. Face paced environment.

About DaVita

At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference – Read more

DaVita Salaries