DaVita Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,317 reviews matching the search
Fast paced and long hours
Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVMay 26, 2016
I currently work 14 hour days that are non stop from the time I get to work, until the end of my day. I have been working as a Hemodialysis Technician. The best part of my job, are the patients and the amount of care I can provide to them. The hardest part for myself, is, sticking patients with needles (they are going into a major artery, so lots of potential blood and it's very painful for the patient). This is not an easy task for myself, but may be for others. There is a lot to learn in this position and it feels a little like a 10 week crash course to becoming a nurse, especially if you have no real medical background. There are a lot of problems that are extremely life threatening that can happen, so the stress levels are high and you have to make sure you are able to learn all the corrections and how to fix them or how to be aware of them before they happen. My Co-workers are great; however, management is very "micromanaged." You every move is watched and the smallest instance, will serve you with a write up. This makes for a very stressful, uncomfortable work environment. No sick days, as you are not allowed to be sick, or it's looked at as a sign of weakness, no 401K matching, and the schedule is inconsistent. There is no guarantee of full time work, even if you are hired on as a full time employee.
Fast paced job
Regional Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 25, 2016
I love working for DaVita, the job is very challenging and always lots to do. The culture ad DaVita is unlike anything ever.
Pros
Allways busy
Cons
Little parking
Totality
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALMay 23, 2016
Enjoy working with patients, teaching and serving themmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Pros
bonuses
Fun workplace
Support Integration Analyst-Tier 2 (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAMay 22, 2016
It's a great company to work for. Has a great work environment. Great people to work for. Management is nice and co-work are fun.
Lasted less than six months; corrupt clinic, mgmt
Dietitian (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMay 21, 2016
Patients take a back seat to numbers and data. Piling on of extra duties and responsibilities. Management is horrible. Regional Operations Director is very unprofessional. Belittling of new nurses and techs/nurses disrespectful to patients. Worst place I have ever worked. Toxic environment.
Pros
Productive, fast paced busy place to work
Dialysis Tech (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIMay 20, 2016
One of my favorite things about the job was being with the patient from start to finish of their dialysis treatment. From greeting, to starting IV's and monitoring them through their treatment ensuring they were stable, comfortable and safe to ending the treatment and walking them out.
I learned a lot about how to deal with the psycho-social aspect of chronic long term care and how to help patients cope with the changes.
I learned a lot about time management and how to prioritize patient needs.
Love the Core Values that are the basis of DaVita.
Facility Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 20, 2016
DaVita is a great company to work for. I have been a dialysis nurse working in all aspects of dialysis care for 30 years. DaVita is truly a patient oriented company, and patients come first before business. I have been provided many opportunities to advance my career. DaVita has tools for just about anything you need to learn. The most enjoyable part of the job is the Patients we care for. Some are a challenge and some are just delightful. Hardest part of the job is trying to keep teammates happy while holding them accountable for their duties.
Pros
Listened to from the CEO down the management chain.
Cons
Medical insurance could be better
Great place
Valued Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 19, 2016
I was just a volunteer here, but it was a great place to volunteer at. I would wheel the patients in, take their vitals, and just talk to them during their treatment. I learned a lot and had a great time doing it.
Great opportunity to learn
Acute Facility Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 18, 2016
I learned a lot about the financial and operations of an organization. How to manage the productivity of the team in order to have a better bottom line
busy and stressful
Biomedical Technician II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 17, 2016
Davita is a good company to work for. I suggest more help and more educational classes to help on the job. Also, the morale is very low.
Work/life balance great, training & salary not to great
Peritoneal Dialysis RN (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAMay 17, 2016
There were two months of training on the computer. I had no dedicated preceptor and had no one to follow to complete my training. I was left on my on to run the program without adequate training. I found later that the same happened to other nurses. This is a major problem and they have a high attrition rate as well as low pay.
Fun Place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 13, 2016
Great Hours, excellent leadership, and joyful culture. Benefits could be better - no 401k match. However, other intangibles such as scholarships for students and teammate's children, good bonuses, and many employee discounts with a variety of vendors.
hioaks
Certified hemodialysis technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 12, 2016
love my patients and what i do for a living ..theyre patient schedule was awsome had enough time to take care of my patient from start to finish with no rushing
great place to work
Lead Regional Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 9, 2016
I've been here for over 11 years, I love working here; however, we we're recently told that my position and that of 18 others in a very similar position is being eliminated. So the job security isn't there.
Great work atmosphere
Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCMay 6, 2016
Great teammates, learned a lot through DaVita, pay is low and hard to get a decent raise. Great bonuses, will train for the job
Very busy place to work, great people to work with.
Laboratory Assistant II (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 6, 2016
Checking for specimen integrity. 10 to 11 hours per day. Documentation in the LIS of rack received. Accessioning specimens. I learned some clinical research, work in Bio Repository. Management has changed every year since I have been there and is lacking team building skills. Most of my co-workers make great team players to get the job done. The hardest part of the job is standing all day, and also the availability to advance is difficult there. I have asked repeatedly to be crossed trained in other departments.
The most enjoyable part of the job are my teammates, and a feeling of satisfaction for our patients by getting the job done for them and their health care needs.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time. Parties and Celbrations.
Cons
Short breaks. Poor 401k plan. No cross training. No upward mobilty.
very productive and fast pace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 5, 2016
A typical day is very fast paced but was all patients are safely on machines you get down time. I learned to be a quick learned and to be very calm and patient regardless if the other person is frustrated and is getting upset with you. The key is to stay in control. My coworkers are very help[ful. Hardest part of job is having to be firm with patients on there fluid intake considering everyone gets thirst and to not be able to drink has to be tough. The most enjoyable part is being able to help people continue on in their lifes
Pros
great hours
Cons
short breaks
Davita
PCT (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMay 5, 2016
Management makes the team grow or fall. Sadly management has made me decide to leave the company. I have definitely enjoyed all that I have learned, but it is time to move on.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 4, 2016
I have heard that Davita Dialysis is a Fortune 500 company, I did my externship there and they are truly a great company . I would suggest anyone that wants to work with patients to apply there.
Teamwork
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 3, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team to deliver quality care to patients. Also, the opportunity to develop relationships between the patients is very rewarding.

I enjoy a work atmosphere that has a good vibe with a variety of character dynamics. I appreciate good teamwork when the workplace is fast paced. Fast paced, but also efficient in the quality delivered.
Pros
Great people, Continuing education, flexible schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DaVita. Our community is ready to answer.