DaVita Employee Reviews

Found 1,902 reviews matching the search
Great workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 18, 2017
This company truly believes in its core values and the differences they make in other individual lives. To have such a large corporation that is international really displays the level of care that is readily available for dialysis patients. There are various policies and procedures that teammates must adhere to in order to provide proficient and effective care. There is many opportunities for growth within this company requiring individuals to go through on the job training programs in order to excel in their careers. The hardest part of the job is the cultural differences between the staff which can be very challenging. In addition, the company I feel needs to compensate with the workers salary wise based on the workload. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the patients and the relationships we build with them. Making a difference in their lives everyday.
Pros
Health benefits, training programs, various job opportunities, school reimbursement programs
Cons
over worked, high retention rate, low pay grade, lack of communication
Great Fortune 500 Company- some internal hiccups however
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYJune 17, 2017
Very impressed with overall company.
Management directly above me however was not effective. Expectations were unreasonable for the time frames given to complete tasks. My position was eventually terminated. I believe it was a bad managerial mistake.
Not enough training
Facility Administrator/Dialysis nurse (Former Employee) –  IowaJune 16, 2017
I went to many management classes, but was never shown how to correctly use all of the information.
At the upper levels, the company sounds great: "Remember, this can take time so don't get frustrated when you don't know something."
Meanwhile, in real life: "Why isn't that done? You should know that by now. You've been here 4 months."
productive work enivornment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILJune 16, 2017
worked as the fronk desk clerk. smiled to every patient who entered the doors. the entire team made the patients daily rountine a breeze by acting with kindness
Pros
weekends off
Cons
losing patients to diease
A day at DaVita
PCT (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 15, 2017
A normal day at Davita is really busy,dealing with a lot patients. What I learned at Davita was time management, some of the nurse skills,for as passing dialysis medication and what its used for. The hardest part at Davita is getting close to the patients,getting a really good bond with and the passed away. Last but not least, The most enjoyable is seeing them come the doors and smiling.
Good work place
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST/ CALL CENTER SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJune 15, 2017
This was my first job in the health industry as a Medical Receptionist. I learned about insurances and different procedures they do on a every day basis. Very nice place to work.
Pros
1hr lunches and coworkers
Cons
low pay
ok
Repair Technician/Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 15, 2017
Lots of fun Teammate here. Overall good job. Fun atmosphere very good core values. Little low on the pay scale. Company is an awesome place to work...
Patient Centered Care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2017
Davita is a highly qualified center for patient care that always strives to go the extra mile for their patients. This facility helped me grow as a nurse and as an individual.
Forward thinking company with high caliber teammates
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2017
Davita has offered a level of fulfillment in my role that I had not previously experienced. I work with talented, fun and caring teammates to bring much needed programs to our patients. The work hours are not for the faint hearted as it is a very demanding company where high performance is expected.
Opportunities to learn and grow
Care Coordinator/Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJune 14, 2017
Opportunities to learn new processes. Little growth, little benefits. Poor management. Friendly environment and coworkers are great to work with. However, management will overwhelm you with workload with little compensation
Only good thing about this job was our patients
Registered Nurse RN/Staff/Charge (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 14, 2017
DaVita allows anyone with a 4 year degree to manage a facility. Regardless of communication skills or lack there of. Non-nursing individuals manage nurses with very little knowledge of what nurses do. This is a task oriented environment, with no time for TLC or communication. So sad....
Pros
Great patients
Cons
Minimal Staff, Dysfunctional environment
supportive automony
Acute Dialysis RN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2017
Work with the autonomy to feel respected and still have the support of a caring atmosphere if needed. We worked as a team and helped each other if we were having difficulties and celebrated our achievements.
Pros
caring and fun team mates
Cons
call and long hours
Davita Dialysis
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIJune 13, 2017
Was a very fast paced job. I enjoyed the patients daily during their treatments. Set up dialyzers for each patient, cannulate each patient in a timely manner. Keep on track and do not fall behind so paying attention to detail is crucial. on my feet a lot.
Awful place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 13, 2017
Lack of responsibility, no ownership from management of problems, huge safety concerns at certain facilities, and teamwork at certain facilities is nonexistent.
Acutes
RN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 12, 2017
If you are single with not kids and want to make good money work in Acutes. You have to be flexible and willing to work long hours a times. You may also have to deal with rude hospital staff since you are contracted labor.
Leadership not good
Credit Balance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 12, 2017
Leadership needs significant training on being more teammate friendly. Insufficient time available to work with teammates. Pay is insufficient for the work that is expected of teammates.
Dialysis run like a fast food joint
RN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 12, 2017
Too many patients, too little time. Unsafe. They expect you to assess and take on a pod of patients and turn over patients in 15 minutes. That is just unsafe practice. You cannot as an RN look and assess everyone in that unit like that.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Harsh reality of too many patients
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJune 10, 2017
I loved my job at DaVita. The only thing I didn't like was you had to pick up where people failed and you were expected of that while the person failing never had to do their job correctly.
Pros
Small clinic, team lunches, team events
Cons
Cover for everyone else, totally dependent on one person
poor benefits, high turn over, poor management, poor staffing ratio to patient acuity
Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee) –  Claremore, OKJune 9, 2017
Davita has poor benefits but offsets those with bonuses if goals met. The goals are set toward pt compliance and lab values in response to treatment. These are made difficult due to the timing of the lab draw is on davita's lab timing instead of the dr's order. Davita has a high turn over rate possibly due to the nurse/pt ratio is not set in accordance with acuity. This setting is fast paced and has acute emergency situations that require immediate intervention which is ignored due to budget. I have advanced my iv skills, organization skills, prioritization skills, documentation skills, assessment skills, and delegation skills. I am the infection control nurse and have learned and implemented interventions in accordance to policy, nursing experience, and research. I absolutely adore my pts and my relationship with them as well as the team work with my teammates either when I am the charge nurse or staff nurse. A typical day starts at 4am preparing medication and setting up machines until the pts begin arriving. As the pts arrive, assessment begins and continues throughout the treatment as well as the documentation, priority of pts are made upon each assessment throughout the treatment, delegation and good communication and relationship with teammates is essential while adjusting fluid removal upon dr orders and the pts physical ability to endure, then discharge of the pt if hemostasis is achieved and v/s are wnl.
Pros
knoweledge and experience
Cons
poor staffing and high turnover rate
A fun place to work with team players and a positive atomosphere
Hemodialysis Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 8, 2017
Its a good place to work. You really get involved in the patients lives and their like your second family. It took about three months to finish the training but once I was finished the job was very rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DaVita. Our community is ready to answer.