DaVita

DaVita Employer Reviews

Great Benefits
Dialysis Technicain (Current Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 23, 2014
Pros: working hard...makes days fly by
There is no typical day in Dialysis. Every day is different that's what makes it fun. You never get a chance to become bored.
I am a care giver at heart. I love Dialysis.
I am able to express my concerns (education) with my patients. In a professional way.

The hardest part of the day would be when you have 1 or 2 patients that continue to bleed and – more... you have alarms going off. Trying to be in one spot and all times. That can be rough.

Most enjoyable part of the job for me is...

I do not know where the "SPEED" comes from- but, when "stuff" starts happening on the clinic floor. I just react. Its somewhat of a challenge for me.

It takes alot to unravel me. – less
Enjoyed working at Davita
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Catonsville MDAugust 23, 2014
A busy day but always was nice to see our patients, Enjoyed talking and helping a patien. tI have learned alot about Davita patients illnesses , sad but nice days.
Great Company in general, Poor Life balance in IT. Slim chance of career growth in IT.
IT Technical Professional (Former Employee), CaliforniaAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great teams, teamwork, on-the job learning
Cons: life-balance (it)
I worked in DaVita IT for more than 4 yrs. This review covers a period of time overlapping the 2010-2013 timeframe, give or take one year before or after. Keep in mind that the situation and corporate environment could be different or changed at this time.

DaVita is a great healthcare company with a nice culture; it pays well too. Benefits are ok, – more... but not 5-star; being a Fortune-500 they could do better.

Co-workers: Called 'Teammates' in Davita, I had the honor to work with some of the best teams I ever worked with, learnt a lot from them, people don't slack in this company, great people, great talent.

Mgmt: Good in general, but as in any large org, pockets of bad Mgmt & deviations from general culture can exist. An issue I saw is way too frequent re-orgs, high-level IT Mgmt seemed they needed to justify they were doing something by coming up with unnecessary and disruptive re-orgs one or twice per yr. ..and then gathered everybody that was lucky enough to not get kicked out during the re-org to assure them that their jobs 'are safe'.

Hardest part: In I.T. you work your 'shoulder' off, frequent long nights, and weekends (everybody understands that "I.T. is like that", and some mgrs used this line sometimes) but NEVER in this company I heard a Mgr. or an HR person say that you could compensate your worked night/weekend by taking a day or two off later on. If you wanted time off, you had to request PTO and burn your PTO time. That was the general policy. Of course you need to be available early the next day after a night change to provide support for issues, but after that it was just jump onto next project and keep going. So nobody took time off to offset worked overtime, this was unheard of in DaVita. After several months of this you end up working hundreds of extra hours of your life that were not paid for, and you will never get back. I worked in different teams with different managers during my time at the company, so this problem was not isolated to a single manager or a single team.
But to be entirely fair, in "compensation" of your donated extra hours and hard work, we did get regularly free pizza, or a free lunch or dinner, a spamming thread of kudos email from Mgmt, or the occasional pat in the back. The only thing missing was a happy face sticker to completely evoke a feeling of 4th-grade school treatment.

The above issue got gradually aggravated during my stay by a virtual freeze on hiring of skilled IT staff (ie. people who do the actual work), on several of the IT lanes. If anyone left the company (or was let go), others had to assume the load and keep the show on. More than two years of this can mine any team, this went on for at least the last 4 yrs that I was in the company.
But I did see frequently during same timeframe that IT management positions were filled with people from outside (I even got to interview my future boss once!). The consequential issue here is that there were not really many alternatives in this company for an skilled IT technical staff to grow his/her career (get promoted) if they wanted too; obviously, facing a sheer shortage of skilled technical staff, these skilled professionals would not be the first ones to be considered for Mgmt positions, or offered many other options to grow because then there would be even less resources left to do the real work.

I don't know if this situation continues, my guess is it may take several years for it to improve. If you want to consider this company as a employer please feel free to go for it, keep an eye open, and best of luck. – less
Depends on where you work
Operations (Former Employee), FlAugust 22, 2014
Great company. Terrible leadership in certain areas. Depends where you work. Great culture.
Good experience
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 22, 2014
DaVita Healthcare Partners, Inc. is one of the largest kidney care companies in the United States, with corporate headquarters in Denver, Colorado. Their offerings include in-center hemodialysis, in-center nocturnal dialysis, peritoneal dialysis, home hemodialysis, vascular access management, chronic kidney disease education, and renal diet assistance.Nice – more... staff and enjoyed working here – less
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAAugust 20, 2014
Was a great place to work while on a internship. was a team orientated work experience.
Great Company
Chronic Care Float Nurse, RN (Current Employee), Middle TnAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great team work
Cons: required lots of travel
Long days typically at a really fast pace. Wonderful team work at most clinics. Great company, lots of benefits.
A very busy expanding company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 18, 2014
Patient Care was important. I worked mostly for DCD until Davita bought our company in 2013. I felt that was time to move on to another company. DCD was a wonderful place to work both as staff and as management, it was a small company but it cared about both staff and patients
My daily experience at my work place.
Hemo Dialysis Technician/Reuse Technician (Current Employee), Macon,GaAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work I take care of dialysis patient and save there lives.I enjoy my job and I have good co workers that work hard to make our patient fell better about having to dialyze due to their health problem.
dialysis
Externship (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLAugust 14, 2014
hands on training from I learned in school, assisted patients with their treatments, opened and closed the facility, started and stopped the machines
Davita
Applications Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNAugust 13, 2014
Fun company to work for. Has culture that keeps days interesting and encourages personal and professional growth.
Overall a good company to work for. Company benefits are good. Management was hard to work with. Coworkers were great and knowledgeable.
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, good benefits
Cons: long hours, management
Long hours, great coworkers except for management. Management and team where not on the same page which made the job hard and difficult to do at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with co-workers and patients.
great place to work
inventory tech Sterilization (Former Employee), Radnor, PAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: excel at software during your own time great thing
Cons: no overtime
Davita has a lot of online learning.so you can excel at the company.
Great place to work and grow with great benefits and perks.
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN/ACCESS MANAGER (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2014
I have worked with the company for 5 years. I love the work environment, my teammates, and the great employee perks that are available. Employee discounts are great across the board.
staff great team
RN, Dialysis (Former Employee), detroit miAugust 10, 2014
Pros: great team flexible schedule
Cons: lack of patients cut in hours
Medication and monitoring patients while receiving Dialysis treatment
(see DaVita RX)
Renal Care Pharmacist (Current Employee), Coppell, TXAugust 8, 2014
- good work life balance
- good hours if you have seniority
- monotonous but relatively stress free work
- management cares but change is slow
- diverse group of co-workers
Successful - Bagel and fruit day last Friday each month.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Irvine, CaliforniaAugust 8, 2014
Pros: team oriented, outside events, holiday contests
Cons: no retirement plan
Reviewed claims prior to billing to ensure claims contained applicable modifiers and ICD codes. Worked closely with Physicians and Dialysis Centers to verify accuracy and required signature forms are on file. Submitted claims to insurance plans for payment.
Processed claims with special handling and open balance accounts as required, review payer rules – more... and complete forms appropriately. Research, appeal and resolve claim rejections, underpayments and denials will appropriate payer within payer specified deadlines.
Respond to resolve issues related to billing requests for adjustments and back billing within specified deadlines. Monitor claim status to ensure claims are resolved timely.

Co-workers displayed job satisfaction and management was supportive. and respectful.

Responsibility for five Dialysis Centers maintained within guidelines set, gave me a sense of accomplishment.. – less
Fast paced, Steady on your feet
CLINICAL HEMODIALYSIS TECHNICIAN DAVITA DIALYSIS (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 8, 2014
Pros: the patients
Cons: long hours
My co-workers were the backbone of the company and getting things done in a timely fashion, teamwork made the whole experience each and every day the best.
Fun place to work!
Facility Administrator-DaVita/Liberty/DSI Dialysis (Former Employee), Antioch and North Highlands, CAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: fun-lotsa lunches and positive fun team outings.
Cons: hard, demanding job, with great accountability for patient health outcomes-productivity/quality is everything.
Man, was this a hard job, but fun place to work! DaVita knows how to treat their employees and did a great job-only problem is they did not give the FA as much respect as they deserved. Excellent compensation, but you do work for every penny!
diversity
Dialysis Patient Care technician (Former Employee), New Haven, CTAugust 4, 2014
Pros: the training and experience you get
Cons: early and long hours
this is a very rewarding and excellent job and company, you meeting diverse cultured people and you are alway moving

About DaVita

At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference – Read more