DaVita

1.0K reviews

DaVita Employee Reviews

Overall, not a bad place to work
Insurance Counselor (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 7, 2015
DaVita asks for more from their teammates than they are willing to pay for. As an insurance counselor, I trypically work about 60 hours per week. I'm a salaried employee, and with the hours I work that translated to reimbursement of about $14 per hour. DaVita does reimburse for mileage at $0.51 per mile, but this does not take into consideration the wear and tear on the car. I typically drive anywhere from 300 to 500 miles per week.
Excellent
Medical Social Work Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 7, 2015
Completed advanced level practicum of 450 hours; loved the environment and team I was privileged to work with! I enjoyed working with DaVita and appreciated the training and learning opportunities I was provided with as a social work student.
I really enjoy in my job because i love helping others.
Dialysis Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), South Plainfield, NJJuly 7, 2015
Pros: bonus and free lunch.
Cons: when my co-worker not cooperating
I learn to cannulate.
I learn to collaborate with the clients needs.
Able to communicate with each other, and work as a team.
FUN place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2015
Davita was a great place to work. Its either you will love or hate dialysis. Dialysis is not for everyone if you like change you wont like dialysis the work is repetition.
fun
customer service (Current Employee), coppell, txJuly 5, 2015
great place to work and great people. fun enviorment to be in so it make work easier and time pass by faster. lots of room for advancement in the company
Main goal to provide patient care for patients with kidney failure
Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Cottage City, MDJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Flexibility in management style
Cons: lack of time for educating patients with end stage renal disease
A typical day at work involved supervision of dialysis techs performing hemodialysis treatments,which is three or four hour procedure.
great place for advancement
Dialysis tech (Former Employee), Wynwood Village Dallas, TexasJuly 2, 2015
Pros: great education
Cons: trying to understand the great diverse needs of the people that you serve
admit patients and conduct profession care plan for their weight removal work was rewarding and enjoyable in a quality atmosphere for individual growth
Good in theory, questionable in reality
Patient Care Technician/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Metro Detroit, MichiganJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Establishing relationships with patients, good training opportunities
Cons: Long hours, minimal raises, poor benefits packages, no 401(k) match
Core values and lingo make DaVita sound fantastic. Management often has little clinical experience so is out of touch with the issues their clinical teams experience. Hours can be long (15+ hour days) and pay is low considering the amount of responsibility and workload they give you. Clinics often operate short staffed, especially during the summer. This makes a hard job even more stressful and exhausting. Consequently, there is high staff turnover in many clinics. The facility administrator can truly "make or break" a clinic so if you get one who is sympathetic and understanding, be grateful. Although some patients can be difficult, the patients who truly appreciate you help make the job worthwhile and fulfilling. This can be a good place to break into the healthcare industry as they often provide on the job, paid training but is questionable when it comes to being fulfilling and promoting a good work/life balance.
good
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 1, 2015
Cool company to work for. Love the discount in the cafe. Okay environment. Promotions form within the hospital. Long days. Computer charting is simple.
A day in a dialysis unit
DIALYSIS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), North Providence, RIJune 30, 2015
I deal with patients sometimes in a bad mood or feeling down.I have learnt to be patient with my patients. I manage their frustrations by being patient, I try my best to get along with my co-workers. The death of my patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is when my patients comply with their fluid intake and when they get a transplant.
Excellent Company
Hemodialysis Practioner (Current Employee), Shelton, CTJune 29, 2015
Pros: Very Supportive
Cons: na
Great company! Been employed for over 15 years. Management very supportive. Always ffelt very secure employment wise.
Good employer
Contract Analyst (Current Employee), Federal Way, WAJune 29, 2015
DaVita is a good place to work, with a strong culture of excellent patient care and corporate responsibility. I have recommended it to several prospective employees
a good say of working with patients to make sure they have a good dialysis experiance
Certified Clinical Hemo-dialysis Technician (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 28, 2015
Pros: they give you rewards for doing good on job
Cons: labor can be ruff and hours can be cut short for the day
this is a fun company to work for.. benefits are great and they offer bonus to all employees for great patient outcomes. fun and a lot to do Management is fun and they make you feel welcome when you step into the job.
Diffirent
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Coppell, TXJune 24, 2015
The work place at Davita was different that is for sure. At Davita you did not work for a Company it was a Village and that made it different. The word Davita meant "He or She gives life", working for a company that gave me the joy of making a difference in someone's life.
Productive and rewarding place to work!
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJune 24, 2015
Davita Dialysis Center is where I completed my internship. I really enjoyed my time there and learned a wealth of knowledge. I got a chance to build relationships with the patients and serve them with excellence. The staff at Davita welcomed me with open arms and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was after building relationships with the patients and they die. That was very hard cope with at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was servicing the patients and making a difference in their life.
Great enviroment
MEDICAL BILLING/COLLECTIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Denver and ArizonaJune 24, 2015
DaVita truly believed in the company's Core Values when it came to their teammates (employees)

Service Excellence: Serving others — our reason for existing.
◾Integrity: We say what we believe, and we do what we say. We are trusted because we are trustworthy.
◾Team: One for All, and All for One! We work together, sharing a common purpose, a common culture and common goals.
◾Continuous Improvement: We never stand still; we are never satisfied.
◾Accountability: We don't say, "It's not my fault," or "It's not my job." We take responsibility for meeting our commitments — our personal ones as well as those of the entire organization. We take ownership of the results.
◾Fulfillment: We make a difference. We feel rewarded — personally and as a team — because what we do in our jobs is consistent with our goals and dreams.
◾Fun: We enjoy what we do. We know healthcare is hard work; but even hard work can be fun.

These made my experience working with DaVita great environment and I enjoyed being part of the team
Job is Okay
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), CatonsvilleJune 23, 2015
Pros: Discounts, Perks, Patient Satisfaction
Cons: Management, 14+ hour work days
Not a bad place to work, the patients are the best part of the job. Getting to know them and helping them out is the most rewarding part of the job. Being able to help save lives and put a smile on their faces makes coming to work worth it.
very fast pace, love the pace and the patients
Ohio Certified Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), milford, ohioJune 23, 2015
Pros: working with an amazing team
Cons: hours and pay
A typical day at Davita, is coming in setting up the dialysis machines for the patients to begin treatment. Patients usually run anywhere from three to four and a half hours three days a week. I have learned a lot about kidney disease and how beneficial and crucial it is to receive dialysis. I love my team/co-workers. It is a very fast pace job, which I love as well. The hardest part of my job is when patients get sick on the machines or get hypotensive and a quick response is necessary. The most enjoyable part of my day is getting to know the patients and knowing that they appreciate me and what I do for them.
Good company to work.
Technical Lead (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 19, 2015
Pros: Lunches
Cons: Healthcare, lake of technical management
Overall it's good cultural company, good patient care but not good for personal or professional growth. Lots of opportunities to improve the environment and technical team if management focus and hire right people.
Work in a dialysis job
OCDT/ Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Middletown, ohioJune 18, 2015
Pros: Pride in patient satisfaction
Cons: Only one break for 12 hours
A typical day at work starts with the preparation. The process of testing , and running the machines for any issues can take up to 25 minutes. This process is done and completed before each patient is engaged onto the machine. Each of our co workers work together as a team. I have learned completely the ins and outs of the dialysis world. The patients reaction when I can make their day is what is the greatest part to my job. hardest part of the job is making fast decisions on heath basics.
Headquarters