DaVita Employee Reviews

Found 1,175 reviews matching the search
Dialysis Technician
Dialysis Technician I, II (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDNovember 22, 2015
As a dialysis technician, more is required to facilitate 100% patient care in a timely manner. However, managerial turnover is less than two years. Work day is any time between 10 to 13 hours.
Pros
Free lunches and bonuses
Cons
High managerial turnovers
Fast paced work enviroment with no Management stability
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (HEMODIALYSIS TECHNICIAN) (Former Employee) –  Lemoore, CANovember 20, 2015
DaVita is nit a reliable company to work for, you have to know someone to get ahead or have job security. The CEO is a billionaire and chooses to pay experienced employees at a low rate and things giving a small bonus a year will make up for it.

For being a fortune 500 employee, they don't treat or support the small people below. They have extravagant parties for management and spend millions on them and I would rather have a better pay then go to some extravagant party that is only for a couple nights.

So stability of management, managers came and went.

The patients are the only true reason to work there and be committed for. The work load is intense, unsafe and non stop. They don't worry about safety until CA state walks in. They hire non medical off the street basically starting them at lowest pay, which I think is there intentions.

Its only fun when you have a great team you work with.

Its a place to get experience and leave.
Pros
gaining experience
Cons
short lunches and no breaks
Nice place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDNovember 19, 2015
DaVita is a very nice place to work. Work days are very long, but overall the patients and staff are welcoming. The hardest part of the job is the long hours, but it is made up for with typically only working three days a week.
wonderful 36 hr. a week job
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CANovember 19, 2015
great job, good co-workers, workload nice.
unstable management, very high turnover
of facility administrators. teamwork is a must
in this field, with no selfishness on the job
Get things done attitude,
Reuse Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 16, 2015
Use you thin. Takes advantage of you.
Get to know the patients really well and become attached to them. Rewarding to watch the patients get better or even get a transplant.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
somehow try to keep employees from feeling like just a number ... hard with a company so big
Low professionalism
RN, Head Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 16, 2015
DaVita is good about encouraging their employees to advance professionally and educationally. However, workplaces are lacking discipline, professionalism and effective management.
Great culture to be a part of
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 15, 2015
Great management. very youthful and understanding. great place to advance in career path. there is always something fun and exciting event when I show up to work.
Fun, cares about their employees,
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) (Current Employee) –  njNovember 13, 2015
Davita cares about their employees. Its a great company to work for. I have been with Davita for 9 years. Davita encourages higher education. They have tuition reimbursement. Hires from within.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
does not match 401k
Long exhausting hours, no respect
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Float PoolNovember 13, 2015
This is one of the hardest jobs that I have worked in a while. They care nothing about their nurses, the staff that you are in charge of are rude and disrespectful. I respect everyone for their role but you have pcts that has been there longer than you so therefore they feel that you have no right to tell them anything. The same is for the LPNs.
Two of DaVita's core values are team and integrity in which no one has. You work with mostly females whom is always dram every day. There is no support from your managers, when you have one. Most of them there has a lack of integrity and are always back biting and untrustworthy. There is always a power struggle going on. The teammates that serve as administrative assistants are the eyes and ears for the manager and if you have any type of issues with them, then they will do anything to get you out the door. They try to serve as the manager. The managers have allowed this for so long to go on so therefore, you will never win this battle. Once they paint a certain picture of you to the higher being, you are doomed and set up. They have something in place called H.R.that deal with teammate relations. If you ever make the mistake of picking up the phone to complain, then you have put a target on your own back, therefore, it is best to just move on instead of waiting for them to come for you. I have never worked in a place where the managers do retaliate. The hours are very long, sometimes from 4 am till 7 or 8 pm. They are always short staffed and refuse to use an agency.The turn over is huge.
Pros
Most of the patients appreciate you
Cons
Where do I start
The culture is one that makes you want to make a difference in the lives of the patients. Leaders here walk the talk.
Facility Administrator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 13, 2015
There is no typical day in healthcare, with that being said I have learned so much about kidney care and what it means for our patients and how important it is for them to have a support system. The hardest part of the job is losing a patient. There are so many moments that make me love the role, from putting a smile on a patients face to performance management. My story has happened here at DaVita and the opportunities they have given those who work hard and are dedicated to the mission are endless.
great
Certified Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 11, 2015
nice place to work for had lots of fun lots of team work would tell anyone to work here the only thing about this job is the hours are long that's it but we have team at our clinic that's what I like
Pros
teamwork
Cons
Davita is an amazing company!
PCT (Current Employee) –  Shiloh, ILNovember 10, 2015
I like the job. The benefits are great and the people nice. Not to mention you get major holidays off which if you work in healthcare you know that's rare. If you're wondering why I'm on here if I love this job so much it's just that I went to school for EMT. I want to be an EMT. Davita is great but it's just not fulfilling.
Pros
Good break times, paid mileage and free stuff. Namely uniforms and bags, sport cups etc.
Cons
Long hours, but then thats pretty normal
Dialysis Technician
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PANovember 10, 2015
Its a typical healthcare job, your on your feet all day and are really busy during turn over of the shirts of patients for about 3 hours straight.
Pros
Decent pay, job security
Cons
unpaid lunches, hours can be cut to low patient census
Get company
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 10, 2015
Great company to work for. You got raised, benefits. They looked at your as family. Give you over time. And when you did a good job they would show it. Love this job
This company was the hardest to work for I had every worked at
My supervisor was Cassie Brumfield (Former Employee) –  Louisa, KYNovember 10, 2015
Treatments of Chronic and Acute dialysis patients.I really enjoyed the patients and relationships I had with them and fellow employees. I was unable to have a life due to the poorest scheduling I have ever seen. At tomes we had to contact the mgr Sunday night to see what we worked on Monday. We were not able to have set days off or schedule personal things outside of work.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Not trained well to perform this job
Great Place to work
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDNovember 9, 2015
The nurses I work with are the best. If I was ever to be diagnosed with ESRD I would want the PD/HHD nurses to treat me. They care about their patients and work very long hours to make sure the patients needs are met. DaVita is a great place to work and I am rewarded every time I see the patients return to the clinic.
A nice place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant/Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 9, 2015
My job at Davita was nice. I enjoyed working there. I would say that it was more pros than cons, because the only con was their pay scale.
Pros
A place to work.
Cons
Not enough pay. Hour hours was sometimes shorten when you do not have enough patients per shift.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INNovember 8, 2015
Loved working with all the patients, it was always busy and had plenty of things that needed to be done. I loved all the co workers I worked for as well, as my bosses.
Company had great flexibility with personnel working from home
Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2015
Enjoyed the travel and ability to work on special projects. Also enjoyed the flexibility and the ability to work from home with a home office.
Pros
flexibility
Hired as a temp
Credit Balance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNNovember 8, 2015
Poor training of work needed to be executed. Was trained by 3 different co-workers in which I was taught 3 different ways of working accounts. Poor management. Supervisor didn't like me completing my job faster than what she can give me to work on. Only was a temp position.
Pros
nice lunchroom
Cons
co-workers not friendly