DaVita

friendly management
challenging job
good perks
helping to co-workers
the most enjoyable part of the job
No life work balance
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 28, 2015
You have to work almost every weekend. Demands from management is not realistic. Pay and co-workers was ok.
You use recycled parts that weren't reliable. Machines needed updating.
bad management
Renal Social Worker (Former Employee), WIMay 28, 2015
Pros: Hardworking Teammates
Cons: BAD MANAGEMENT, Poor pay, lack of fairness in distributing "triple crown" bonuses.
Management lacks any background in health care
Unrealistic company objectives at the safety of patients
Revolving door of "high priority" objectives
Poor pay/benefits
NO retirement plan, unless you are part of the "in crowd" than you'll be rewarded for gossip and finger pointing

Come on 'Mayor'.... cut the schtick!! the people have spoken - set up a traditional retirement plan and then offer the Triple Crown for the highest achievers. You and your posse have gotten yours....you have forgotten the 'little people' who keep the patients alive.

Overall, a Big, fat "F" for the company - for profit big business at its worst.
I was employeed as a patient care technician
Patient care technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 27, 2015
I was responsible for placing patients on hemodialyisis machines and monitoring their condition during treatments. I was in charge of labwork and maintaining the lab facilities.
Patients are always comes first.
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2015
Pros: DaVita gives incentives to staff.
DaVits knows that in other to put the patient first, they must go through the staff. DaVita uses their seven Core Value to motivate the staff, so the then the staff can make the patients their first and only priority while patient receives treatment.
Very fast paced
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), McMinnville, ORMay 21, 2015
Pros: Being able to help someone, good healthcare
Cons: not enough time to get to know each patient
I started work at 4am and the first thing I did was check the water treatment system and mix the dialysis bicarb solution. I started all machines, strung the lines and removed air from the system. When patients arrived I would take their vitals and connected them to the machine by cannulating their access site. I then monitored the patients vitals and recorded all the info into a bed side computer. When the treatment was over I would pull their needles and bandage the sites, weigh the patient to assure they recived adequate dialysis and I cleaned their station. Then I would prepare the station for the next patient. I was responsible for four patients per shift and there were two shift of patients per day during my 12hr day. I learned something new about kidneys and dialysis everyday. My facility administrator was amazing, some of the co-workers were the gossiping type but most of them were pleasant to work with. They were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was time management but I absolutely loved working with the patients and knowing I was making a difference in their lives. It was a very rewarding career.
UAMS is it's own little world
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 18, 2015
Very interesting place to work. I would still be there if I could have found employment within my professional field. if given the chance, I would DEFINITELY go back.
I Loved My Job
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Conroe, TXMay 15, 2015
I fell in love with all of my patients. Working for DaVita was an eye opening experience for me, it makes you appreciate what you do have.
productive and patient care
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: management its horrible there's no structure
provide dialysis treatment, work long hours up to 14 hours since 3:45 am, the hardest part is when the clinic looses a patient due to death or transferring, the most enjoyable part of this job is the people I work with which some of them are very positive and hardworking like myself but this scheduled of going in so early to work is has really caused a lot of stress which has change me and of course my sleeping patterns and eating, thats why I need a new office job that has a better schedule.
Great Company
Patient Care Technician CCHT (Current Employee), Burlington, NCMay 14, 2015
Pros: you get a wide range of experience
Cons: not paid for the job worth
Davita is a great national Co. to work for. I've learned a lot in my now 5 yrs with them. I've met some great people in the process.
a good start in working with health care
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), malvern, PaMay 14, 2015
Pros: There always giving free lunch it should be called D-Eat-A
Cons: Moving up is very hard, and almost never happens
At DaVita, I support Registered Nurses in providing care to individuals who have Chronic Kidney Disease and End Stage Renal Disease as they transition in and out of dialysis treatment.
fun job for the right person
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), bridgeport ctMay 14, 2015
This job is good for people that like fast paced environments. The only down side is the long hours but that depends on the clinic you work for.
technologist (Former Employee), flaMay 14, 2015
Pros: food
Cons: lazy supervisors
Is nice place to work if you like factory style Management tells you what to do although they themselves sit at a computer all day or walk around making sure your working ,
Always busy
Extern Student (Former Employee), Taylorville, ILMay 13, 2015
It was a always intresting. There was always something going on, there were so many oppotunites to practice my skills that I have learned through my schooling
Fun place to work
Facility Administrator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2015
Davita is a good company to work for. Overall, happy with my time with this company. Enjoyed my coworkers and peers. Work Life Balance was not good.
alot of work to do but is good learning enviroment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 9, 2015
Enjoyed the environment, very fast past. Always on the go. There is constantly something to but very energetic place to work.
Understaffed and unsafe place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Belleville, ILMay 8, 2015
The hardest part of this job is that DaVita Metro East is understaffed daily and its an unsafe place to work. Management at this location lacks communication and staff support. The worst place I have ever worked. Davita has a great plan on paper unfortunately it's not followed at this clinic site.
Davita
LVN (Current Employee), Weslaco, TXMay 7, 2015
Team Leader, vascular access manager, assessments, administering medications, patient teaching, dressing changes, rounding with MD, taking/following orders, making appointment for patients needs, administrating vaccines, setting up dialysis machines, initiating treatments, cannulating, immunization manger, vital signs.
excellent pharmacy to learn about renal care and renal medications
Pharmacy technician/Symphony (Current Employee), customer careMay 6, 2015
Pros: learning experience
Cons: growth/benefits/pay
Davita Pharmacy has a great work environment,good scheduling hours, also you can learn dfferent areas of the pharmacy.
fun place to work at times
Nephrology Social Worker (Former Employee), KSMay 4, 2015
Pros: Not enough hours in the day to complete all tasks
Cons: Poor management; care more about bottom line versus the patients
I enjoyed working with the patients and the families; social workers were turned into insurance experts and not allowed enough time to be an effective social worker. No expectations or hopes to move up the ladder if you're a social worker in SE KS.

About DaVita

At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference – Read more

DaVita Salaries