DaVita

DaVita Employer Reviews

Daily Life
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee), Malvern, PAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: combination of goals meet realistic expectation
Cons: commute
DaVita is a wonderful place to work. Great people and great balance.
Long hours but great team environment
Inpatient Acute RN (Current Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 13, 2014
Pros: team work environment in the unit
Cons: long hours, not enough personal time
This is a good company to work for, but the long hours are draining. A person could easily work 14-20 hours in one day, 2 times a week. Management is good and the people that I have worked with are nothing but helpful and understanding. I would say the most enjoyable times are when I am working in the unit with the other co-workers and talking with the patients while on dialysis.
N/A
Application Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Coppell, TXOctober 12, 2014
The work life balance is not managable. You will find yourself working 50 plus hour work weeks
Many opportunities for advancement.
Acute and Chronic Hemodialysis Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: compensation is well
Cons: no time for lunch. busy
Typical work day is busy. Learn a lot. Management not always available. Co-worker are pleasant but over-workedt. Requires multi-tasking. Love patient interaction.
Great place to work with room for advancement.
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee), Sun City, ArizonaOctober 10, 2014
Pros: 12 hour shifts and lots of over time available.
Cons: low pay to start but small raises come in time or with advancement.
I worked at the Sun City Arizona location and could have not had a better experience. The staff at this particular facility was like family even from the very beginning. There is room for advancement and they promote from within.They also acknowledge and reward staff for a job well done and I believe that says something about the Da Vita culture. The facility administrator and one of the Patient Care Technicians in particular cared a great deal and it showed. Not to say the rest of the staff wasn't fantastic because they were!
Does not care about the people who care for the patients
Administrative Assistant/Reuse Technician (Current Employee), Chicago , ILOctober 9, 2014
Pros: bonuses
I initially enjoyed my job with Davita, I thought I would be there for a long time. They cannot keep management there, the technicians were practically running the place. Although they give you the opportunity to move within the company, I would make sure you know all of the specifics of your new position. I changed to a position that I found out after the fact I would not recieve any training for, so I had to learn things as I was told to do them. I was also held in the position I tried to leave, because no one wanted that job so I was made to work 6 days /week and up to 10-12 hours /day. They also rented me out to other facilities and I still had to come back and work at my own facility

I went from a person with no write ups in my file to three back to back. Davita is no a very nice company to work for I was a very loyal employee that was treated very badly in the end.
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Coppell, TXOctober 9, 2014
i only worked there for a month for internship. They had alot of fun there with events
A typical day
Clinical Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), MIOctober 8, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no benefits for contingent staff or pto
Going into work turning in reports to corporate employees via email, inventory, ordering, auditing files, etc. I learned to always keep a note pad on me whenever an employee makes request and constant demands. The most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility. The worst part is that no matter how long I will be with the company, I will never advance or gain a full time position...No PTO or benefits.
culture unlike any other
Cash Applications Research Clerk (Former Employee), Tacoma WAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: knows how to have fun
Cons: could be long hours depending on department
Davita itself is a great company who considers its employees teammate the company a village and everyone family.
Mediocre
Healthcare Worker (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2014
Great company core values and concepts. Poor advancement opportunities if you are not in the "in-crowd."
DaVita is Great! The San Diego Region...Not So Much.
Regional Administration (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2014
DaVita is a fantastic company! The San Diego Region didn't really hold up their end of the bargain (at least until 2009). Although some of the management team were amazing and wonderful, their was an overwhelming sense of clique-iness based on culture. The hiring process was based on nepotism and if you weren't in the club you were a target for exile and knew it!
Fun work place. Employee oriented
Patient Relations Liaison/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 8, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company. It core values are very much in tune with mine.
Excellent Patient Care and managed facilities, Difficult legal restrictions and Corporate interface between Davita and Lifeline
National Director of Business Development (Former Employee), USAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: huge groth opportunities to grow market and improve patient care
Cons: tense relationship between lifeline vascualr center division vs. davita inc.
Loved the Davita culture, however it did not translate to the Lifeline division of Davita. I enjoyed the centers and the internal partnerships throughout Lifeline and Davita. However, in order to progress any growth, Davita and Lifeline needed to have 100% plus alignment in all aspects of problem solving and contracting. Unfortunately, there is not a solid bridge as yet. When there is...watch out, this is a gold mind opportunity for market ownership and personal growth.
Productive and fun work place with opportunity for growth and advancement
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee), Racine, WIOctober 7, 2014
Pros: celebrates accomplishments
Cons: salary
A typical day at work is rewarding and challenging. Everyday at work, I learn how to have and show compassion to my patients. Management tries its best to work with you. Majority of my co-workers including myself demonstrates DaVita's Core Values that make going to work worth while. The hardest part of my job is trying to relate to patients the importance of compliance without coming off as their mother. The most enjoyable part of my day is interacting with patients, laughing, talking and getting to know each patient in order to better serve the patients.
Fun place to work
Enrollment Pricing Specialist (Former Employee), Coppell, TxOctober 7, 2014
Pros: working with people
Cons: no cons, i learn from everything, bad or good
A typical work Day at Davita was very different, It was an open environment full of different cultures. I am a people person so that was the beauty of it all. The hardest part of my job was persuading insurance companies to assist me with pricing inquiries especially being that they were not entitled to, I believe that being pleasant and having a great personality is a plus with whatever job title you hold or possess, and I also believe that everybody is Human including Managers, So equality of respect should work both ways in the work field.
very good
patient care tech (Former Employee), Griffin, GAOctober 6, 2014
Check patients dry weight, set up machine, keep eye on patients while doing treatment.
Poor Management
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee), Abington, PAOctober 2, 2014
Solid Company, good job security. I enjoy patient care, I just wish there was more emphasis on the patients.
Working Daily
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: only can work 70 hours instead of 80 hrs
I have been employed with this company for 4 months, and its been going well. My only issue is getting here in the mornings, which has been much easier since i learned how to commute on Metro. The employees are professional and hard working.
Fun Place to Work
Insurance-Prior Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee), Coppell, TXSeptember 28, 2014
Teammates are great. Growing business with a lot of changes.
Complete Prior Authorizations all day.
Excellent Enviornment for learning
PCT/ Clinical Hours (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: great shifts
Obtaining my clinical hours in a fast pace facility, was exciting. I learned quite a bit, and the teammates were INCREDIBLE.

About DaVita

At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference – Read more