DaVita

DaVita United States Employee Reviews

Low Oppurtunities
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: extreme micro-management
Work load very high with very low chance of moving up in the company. Your average day one would have to take about 30-50 calls and would be micro-managed to an extreme degree.
Nice and clean place to work at
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Palm SpringsJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great teammates
Cons: not enough money
I come in in the mornings and work on my schedule. Go onto treatment floor and see if any thing happened to any patient after I left. Management is ok and my co-workers are great. The hardest part of my job is having one of my patients die. The best part is being able to help them in any way that I can.
Could use some leader independence at the clinic level
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Could use some leader independence at the clinic level. My position was in an administrative capacity, but I feel the organization could have benefited more from the talents of the Facility Administrator, if she were given freedom to actually run her own clinic.
Family
Administrator/Social Worker Assistant (Former Employee), Humble, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Davita was a family oriented complany. We were all like one big family that had difference but still a company. The hardest part of my job was a patient was not happy or the family had complaints. the most enjoyable was the moral the the clinic staff had with everyone was awesome.
Uncooridinated Management
Clinically Certified Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), Stockbridge, GAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: patients are pleasant.
Cons: cant trust upper management.
This company has no loyalty to its employees. I was in nursing school and the new FA moved me to part time status with the promise that I will get my full time status back when done. That didn't happen. in fact they only gave me 1 day a week. It seems that they were not happy that I finished nursing school.
Great place to start career as a Tech
Pharmacy Dispensing Technician I (Current Employee), Coppell, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Fill orders for patients.great place but in order to learn everything as a tech you would need to work in different departments.
Excellent Pay
Renal Social Worker (Current Employee), Sun City WestJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: flexible hrs
Cons: some ethical issues
Salaries are for MSWs are set at a fair rate. Helping PT to reach a higher quality of live is fullfilling. Co-workers and generally fun to work with.
This is an awesome employment opportunity
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Denver CoJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: awesome staff and great patiennts
Cons: short breaks at busy times
on atypical work day ill start work at 8 am and i go in and check to make sure water is clean and clear of all toxins. then patients will start coming in so i set up machines in preparation and get all the pre-treatment paperwork done. after that i would hook up the patient and do treatment initiation paperwork then proceed to the next patient. each treatment is about 4 hours long so once the patient has been hooked on to the machine i monitor them and take vitals every 30 mins. once the patients treatment is over, i take them off and do the treatment termination paperwork.
Very financially rewarding company to work for. Many benefits, generous pto and bonuses.
Patient Care Technician - Dialysis (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 27, 2015
Excellent management team that cares about their employees. Very fast paced environment requiring a lot of attention to detail. The hardest part of the job was patient care. Very committed and hard-working co-workers.
Terrible employer
Registered Nurse (Dialysis Nurse) (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 27, 2015
Cons: everything
DaVita was never staffed properly, and is dangerous for RNs and their licenses. They also cheated me out of my PTO when I left, and told lies about me to their HR reps. In the OKC region at least, they are a terribly ran company, and regional execs have no clue what they are doing, and care nothing of company loyalty. They claim to be a village and a community to both employees and patients, but all they care about is the fact that they are a fore-profit company.
DaVita Labs, DeLand, FL - very unstable place to work at
Previous Employee (Former Employee), DeLand, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits, nice facility
Cons: huge turnaround, weak management, hr
DaVita is a great company who is proud of its patients and their culture. Sadly, DaVita Labs in DeLand, FL does not well represent DaVita, headquartered in Denver, CO. The management of DaVita Labs is being constantly replaced and they can't seem to find the right one. We are talking about an amazing talent being let go. The current core management works from home 90% of the time, and they don't really seem too involved what is going on at the Lab. Human Resources department is probably the weakest department of the organization where employees can't seek any advise, guidance or support. There is no chance for advancement, promotion in this facility. Lab workers do not feel appreciated, the wages are extremely low, the turnaround in this company is extremely high. I do not recommend working there. When you relocate from another state to work for DaVita Labs, DeLand, FL, I truly recommend not to buy a home as your job may only last a year or so. It's too unstable to work over there.
ok
Acute Dialysis and Home Therapies RN (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: way more work
Tiresome, at times too much work, which is probably why they pay more, Lots of training to influence growth, however growth is not easy.
One of DaVita's core values is fun.
Social Worker (Former Employee), Hastings, NEJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day was meeting with patients while receiving dialysis treatments. I always enjoyed the 1:1 contacts with patients and getting to know their families. I worked in several dialysis centers around the state and enjoyed the "teams" in each unit. The hardest part of the job was watching the deterioration of patients' health over time.
Great Company
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Great company to work for, they really care about their employees.
Very fulfiling postion and excellent company to work for.
Facility Administrator/Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed my 6+ years at DaVita. Leadership is very involved in day to day operations and I the overall care that the patients receive.
Nice but not great company
Incident and Problem Manager to Pharmacy Division (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great teammates
Cons: stop all of forced cheers and chanting, its like scientology!
Its a nice place to work but the benefits are way below the market and parking is $6.00 per day. Horrible work life balance, travel lots of meetings.
Thankful for the experience but the heck with them!!!
CCHT/ Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: making a difference in patients lives on a daily basis. loving my patients and co-workers.
Cons: everything! i hope someone from coroporate see this so they can crack down!
I worked their 2012-2014 and DaVita was a great place to work as an intern but as soon as you became a employee all the secrets start to unfold. This is a money hungry company that cares only about the patients making it to treatments to sit on their machines so they can get paid. In Detroit, MI everyone that is hired is related in some sort of way. If you arent related to anyone the staff treats you as an outkast. The Facility Administrators are sneaky and write you up over petty things that happen a month ago (i.e tardy 2 minutes past 4:35 am (doors dont open until 5:30 am), no leather gymshoes)to keep their files current, also they come to each others clinics to sit in FA/staff meetings as witnesses, messing up your chances of going to another clinic by word of mouth from other FA's. They all rig there numbers for high DQI scores. People Services (Corporate) claims they are here to help PCT's / Nurses with any concerns, but their is no winning against FA's. They protect them 100% based off the clinics DQI scores and your previous write ups. You see so many techs come and go, and Nurses only fin for themselves. Its a very unhappy place to work. Also pressured to work 4 consistent 12 hour shifts because the FA chooses to work short staffed due to the monthly budget. Some care about your work life balance, other FA's dont at all. Be careful of what clinic you choose to work at, Kresge as well as Schaefer and Detroit West, and Grosse Pointe. No hearsay all facts. GO TO FRESENIUS!!! THEY LOVE GETTING DAVITA TECHS.
Great culture in theory, no work life balance
Acute Facilities Administrator (Former Employee), MidwestJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: positive culture design
Cons: no work life balance, short staffed, slow to hire
The culture of the organization looks great on paper, but I never saw it in my area. The organization is very reactive, and senior leadership was very lacking. They have great training programs established, but leadership does not utilize these programs. Production comes before people in terms of proper staffing ratios.
I love this company.
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee), Bryan, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: enjoyed working there and we worked together like a family.
Cons: no cons i love a challenge.
Working at Davita is a job I really enjoyed because we were like a family working together & we all helped each in different areas.
Unsafe for both patients and employees
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), VirginiaJanuary 15, 2015
While I'm sure that there are many excellent DaVita clinics out there, I would advise anyone wishing to work for the company to thoroughly get to know their specific facility before entering it. At my clinic conditions were unsafe for patients and staff. Procedures were rarely followed, supplies were always out of stock, and management was completely incompetent. KNOW YOUR FACILITY FIRST.

About DaVita

At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference – Read more

DaVita Salaries