DaVita Employee Reviews

Found 1,896 reviews matching the search
The patients were awesome.
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 5, 2017
I really enjoyed the patients at Davita there was several cultures and diversity there. The management was not good. The hardest part of the job was to be on your feet for 10 to 12 hours a day.
Pros
patients
Cons
management and hours
No career advancement, cheap employer, poor benefits
Group Facility Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2017
Leadership doesn't know which direction to go unless there are fires to put out. Very reactive organizational structure. Senior leadership lacks responsiveness, career opportunity or growth feedback and development.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Leadership, advancement, growth and development, pay
Enjoyable entry-level healthcare job
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 5, 2017
Work and personal life balance is a plus here. I work 3-4 days a week, giving me plenty of time off during the week to get things done. If you want a job in healthcare and truly enjoy helping people, I highly recommend working here. However, compensation and benefits are not the greatest. The management here is great, things are fair and the workload is spread evenly. A typical day at work requires setting up dialysis machines for your pod (pod is 4 patients per shift, 2-3 shifts per day). I generally care for 4 people at a time, and have a total of 8 patients per day. This is very fast paced work, but very rewarding.
Pros
paid time off, work/social life balance
Cons
compensation, benefits
Great learning opportunity
Ohio Certified Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 4, 2017
So much to learn in this company and such a great opportunity for growth. Company does offer tuition reimbursement. Company offers great training from the start.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
demanding job
Rn cnm
RN Clinical Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NCJune 4, 2017
My day to day job enatils managing my team. I provide evidence based care to my patients on adaily bases. When my manager is not in clinic I have to be the back up FA to maintain a safe enviornment for our patients.
Pros
Some days can get relief off the floor
Cons
Not enough coverge often work short handed with nurses
Productive, fast-paced, patient oriented
Dialysis Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCJune 4, 2017
Davita is a great place to work. Has many benefits and trains you on the job for some positions. Continuing your education is required to advance to most other positions. It is long hours on your feet as well as very fast paced. It takes a special person to work in the health care field. Just make sure you really know what you are getting into prior to applying for a position.
Pros
Helping patients to lengthen their lives.
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, physically and emotionally straining
review
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJune 2, 2017
Clinic lacked manager extremely high turnover rate worked extensive hours without well managed breaks and schedules. Clinic manager up and walked out. they were trying though. Excellent benefits not bad pay.
DaVita is a great company, however the branch I worked for was awful
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 1, 2017
Management doesn't participate or listen to staff. The workplace is hostile between staff and there were even arguments between staff and patients that were not appropriately handled. There is not enough staff at the facility so you work a lot of overtime and extra shifts. The work itself is fantastic, if you can get through the drama. I would recommend the DaVita Company, just not the branch/location where I was at. DaVita company has a lot of advancement and good wages/benefits.
Fun Place to work
Executive Assistant to Chief Medical Officer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 31, 2017
Great place to work. The culture is like none other and everyone is on board. They truly believe each patient is important and they are about each and everyone.
Very busy fast pace early mornings.
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2017
Set your own schedule routine usually.
Teammates are very helpful.
comfortable with learning new things a lot of ways for you to get ahead plenty of tools for procedures.
Fun culture
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 31, 2017
DaVita is a good company with many different roles available, especially if you are in Denver by Headquarters. However, with rapid growth some people are placed in management roles that may not be ready for management responsibilities.
love my patients
New Employee Trainer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 31, 2017
Since Davita took over CSHP it has gone downhill dramatically. Employees are overworked and underpaid. Employees are leaving at an alarming rate. Employees are very stressed and the only answer we ever get is "its being looked at."The only good thing about the job is the patients.
too many leaders
Desk Side Support Tech January (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 31, 2017
not enough people to manage the work. All too often we have too many upper management people competing for too few many resources and no one is willing to help with bigger issues. I am cleaning up the mess fom the previous 4 people that had my position.
Good place to work for depending on the clinic
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2017
I was new to dialysis,and have been with the company for 6 months now. Its a great trade to learn if you are already in the healthcare feild, but if not it may scare someone off. But My clinic has made me think about quiting, due to the disorganized management team. We are currently with out a permanent FA, and the standing one is never there,responds to your texts when she feels like it, the CC on most times doesn't make sure the floor is covered when someone takes a pto day. They have two pt. coming in at the same time in the same bay which is very nerve racking and throws you off track. I have considered transferring to another clinic, but that would mean me having to tell the GM why i want to which would require me throwing a few people under the bus. I work the night shift which at my clinic is MWF 5p to 4a. The hours don't bother me and the pay and benefits are very good. I wont give up on the company as a whole and maybe i just need to transfer to another clinic, and if i see the same thing then i will know that Davita does not stand by its core values. for now i am at a fork in the road as to if i will stay with this company.
Pros
great pay, good benefits.
Cons
12 to 15 hours shifts, patients not scheduled right.
Production is high very busy
Admissions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 30, 2017
Busy business office with super high volume. Many positions available in the company but admissions role is where I currently work in and I like it but can be stressful
Best Place Ever!
Pharmacy Representative II (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 30, 2017
Awesome place to work!! Other than not getting info once sick to cover job I have no complaints. Great Pay! Location & Traffic could be an issue but other than that no complaints.
Assistant Facility Administrator
Assistant Facility Administrator (Current Employee) –  MWC, OKMay 30, 2017
Entry Level management, the environment is fun but stressful. You marry the company and the job. The team atmosphere is pretty wonderful. You will work with some great people.
Nice workplace, not enough pay, management could do better
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 28, 2017
Management does not know what they are doing (could just be clinic specific) pay is not enough for the long hours worked, they send you to the "Academy" which is nice because everything is paid for. But it should not be required, but it is.
Pros
Free lunches, nice bonuses
Cons
no 401K matching
Great training available to move up within the company.
Facility Administrator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 28, 2017
Davita incorporates fun as one of their core values and they live their core values. They have great training available to move up within the company.
Pros
Great team support from corporate
Cons
Fast change over
Great place to work!
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 26, 2017
Davita lives by its core values. Great place to work! Continuous improvement , personal growth, management helping you to achieve your goals, Great leadership classes, learning opportunities.
Pros
Benefits, team, core values

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DaVita. Our community is ready to answer.