DACCO Employee Reviews in United States

Dangerous environment
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2016
This is a VERY scary workplace where only funding is important. I was hired as director, because I have a reputation for being direct, tough and successful. I borrowed money to move and take the job. There was active use on the unit. I followed protocol, and got most of the use out of there. In only 2 months, with literally no notice of any kind, not even one word or suggestion of change, I was fired without any good reason, except our management styles weren't consistent. Word of caution. Any place that administers methadone has only one desire! To keep people hooked on methadone. The government should shut these places down! I desire to help people lead clean, successful, drug and alcohol free lives. That is NOT in line with ANY place administering methadone.
Pros
Can't think of any!
Cons
Evil methadone administering company
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 14, 2015
Great place to work as a nurse a lot of opportunities to grow and make a difference in peoples life. Nice building and excellent hours.
Small Company, Fast Paced
Assistant Manager / Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 21, 2015
I enjoyed selling Automatic Transmission Parts and I also really liked the management at Dacco. Moral was good there and it was a good place to work.
Pros
Good Manager, Good Customers, Great Moral
Cons
Limited Income Potential, Health Insurance was Lacking. Limited Vacation Time Allowed.
This is a job for moms
Opiate Addiction Treatment Services Nurse (Former Employee) –  tampa flMay 15, 2015
If you to want to be home more detox is a good job. 7p-7a let me be home 4 days a week. the pay is okay but everyday there is a new rule made and there are clicks at the job and if you not in they will always look for something you did even if they can not find anything there is always something. Client are detoxing so you must be a skilled people person.
Excelellent and a Great boss
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 29, 2015
The duties are fine and not overwhelming. Boss is great and employees are very nice. My bills are based on a higher income and I am struggling to make ends meet . Excellent care to patients.
Pros
Excellent work enviroment
Cons
Low pay for all nurses
Customer Focused and Employee Driven
Admin Assistant/Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 11, 2015
Dacco is a great company. Most of the management and co-workers were like family, supporting each other with great work ethics.
Pros
occasional lunches offered by the controller, allowed to use 1/2 day 'vacation' time
Cons
no annual reviews
Great Place To Work
Counselor (Former Employee) –  4422 E. Columbus Drive, Tampa, FLSeptember 22, 2014
I think and thought that DACCO's A Wonderful Organization!!! I enjoyed working at DACCO. It provided me the opportunity to help strengthen some very needy people. My typical day started at 5:30am.Monday through Friday. My day ended at 2:30pm daily. My day usually started via seeing scheduled as well as non scheduled clients for 30 minutes counseling sessions. It also could consist of developing Treatment Plans, Psychosocials, DAPP Notes from each counseling session, updates, reviews and addendums. Counselors were also reponsible to monitor and record monthly urines of all clients, set up staffings and facilitate them, participate in trainings and weekly Client Review Meetings, refer clients for other services as needed from medical- psychiatric, and many other non routine responsibilities relative to the respective needs of each client, etc. Most mornings were spent meeting with clients and the afternoons were spent doing relative paper work.

Basically what I learned was the need to be organized in the preparation and implimentation of my job duties and responsibilities. with a large case load of (50+) clients, there was little to no room for procrastination if one wished to succeed at their job.

My co-workers were the Greatest, especially when I first arrived at DACCO. We were truly A TEAM and we liked each other very much. The initial team I was Blessed to wwork with were Intelligent, Caring, Committed and Professionally Kind. I also enjoyed the humility and non- micro-managerial style of my supervisors there. They demonstrated, to the nth degree, what a team spirit really
  more... meant.

The hardest part of the job probably was the hours of work, seeing the failures of the clients, the large case management responsibilites and the small amount of financial compensation for such a enormous and diverse range of responsibilities and expectations respectively. The job, although very taxing, is doable if one purposes to stay on top of things and focuses with purposeful intent to stay on top of things.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the clients achieve their goals and empowering the clients with new coping skills to offset negative former lifestyles; I love helping people who truly want help.
Pros
great team
Cons
little financial compensation for hugh responsibility
Management does not allow employees to ask questions or state opinions
Prior Counselor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 17, 2013
Counselor Supervisor-upper management does not support the immediate staff. You cannot question management or state opinions as you will be demoted. There is no advocacy, poor training, and lack of structure. Co-workers were great. Expectations and standards not clearly defined. Only want Licensed Clinicians to bill insurances. No one respects licensed staff. The doctors run the substance abuse treatment and if you do not agree you will not make it here. Do not apply as this place is one of the most difficult places to work.
Pros
cafe for lunch-cheap prices
Cons
lack of training, cannot ask questions, lack of support from directors and vice presidents, "do as they say or that is it."
Job Security
Opiate Addiction Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 10, 2013
I have a wonderful supervisor, I know I'll always have a job because of the nature of the field, I receive free licensing supervision, and I trust the judgement of my co-workers.
Pros
free supervision for my license, friendly co-workers, friendly staff, clean working enviornment.
Cons
benefits, compensation, hours, exposure to infection and disease, stressful.
Wonderful place to work
Counselor, Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 5, 2013
Enjoyed being an intern here. I loved the company values and environment.
good company that helps people
Food service manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FlFebruary 24, 2013
oversight of day to day operations feeding 400 clients breakfast, lunch and dinner. Managed a cafe open to the public. Ran the vending operations. Supervised the entire catering operations. Became a certified vendor for the department of education. Developed a training program for the department of corrections.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCDecember 10, 2012
A typical day at work for me consists of assisting my manager in paperwork and and applying all payments in our accounting system. I also answer phone calls and assist customer throughout my day. I handle all petty cash transactions and apply all payment types in our ROA system.
Pros
if i need to leave for any emergency, i could do so.
Cons
i dont take lunch breaks.
Good for someone just starting out or pushing retirement.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 25, 2012
Not enough training provided and expectations are not clearly defined. Upper management refuses to be hands on with their employees and always have a middleman deal with any issues that come up. My co-workers were awesome, but the job was stressful. You can never have enough training for every situation that will be faced. They will tell you what you are doing wrong, yet no one will offer any real advice about ways to help you improve. Expect the nurse to do the job but do not give all the necessary tools to make that happen.
Pros
numerous paid days off and vacation acrues from day one.
Cons
insurance is not as good as they make it out to be.
good for out of college
counselor (Former Employee) –  tampaAugust 2, 2012
Poor training. Poor supervision. Poor on pay. Annual view was always late. Management expected staff on to go above and beyond for no recognition. The lied about benefits. Provided no school tuition reimbursement or and assistance with certification and licensure. They has pay increase freezes and often collect time sheet early as if I worked over time, I was not compensated.
Pros
pto and flexible schedule; some co-workers
Cons
see review

Comment – August 16, 2012

Posting a position for an Administrative Specialist position starting at $9.50-$11?!? Are you kidding me?!?! That's embarrassing! The average Administrative Specialist makes $40K-$44K a year!!! DACCO should be ashamed of themselves for low-balling potential employees!

Highly Stressful, but often rewarding
Counselor/Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2012
DACCO is not an easy company to work for. They do not pay counselors well, even with a masters degree and expect above and beyond service. Training is also lacking. However, clientele often provide counselors with a reason to stay. The clients are also who taught me the most about addiction and how to help addicts in recovery remain in recovery.
Pros
awesome co-workers, on-site cafe, advancement opportunities
Cons
really lousy pay, excessive stress, poor training
Fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 3, 2012
It was a great place to work. They gave me the chance to move up in the company.
Pros
bonus checks
Cons
the pay could have been better
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  4422 E. Columbus Drive, Tampa, Fl 33605March 25, 2012
It gave me the experience needed to further my employment possibly as an addiction counselor.