Dachis Group

Dachis Group Employer Reviews

Fun startup with great people
Employee (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 17, 2013
Pros: free breakfast fridays, free lunch mondays, wine fridays
Dachis Group was definitely an eye opener with regards to startups. They definitely tried to keep the old startup mentality.

I loved the people I worked with and we had a lot of fun.
Challenging, exciting, and rewarding
Senior Software Architect (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 3, 2013
Pros: great coworkers, top-notch company culture, constantly learning, results driven, solid leadership
Cons: workload is intense at times
Great team to work with. My coworkers are some of the smartest people I've ever worked with and truly love what they do.

The company culture in Austin is top-notch with plenty of perks, including free meals on various days of the week, a well-stocked kitchen, wine Fridays, cell phone and gym reimbursements, etc. They even sent the entire company to – more... Vegas to meet and collaborate with employees from other offices--not once but twice!

As part of the development organization we are constantly working with cutting edge technologies. Both the company and organization are free of any ridiculous bureaucracy that often hinders the evolution of a software product.

Overall senior leadership is doing a great job. They have an aligned vision and continue to move the company forward with some great product releases.

The workload is often intense, especially when preparing to launch a new product or feature, but in reality this is no different than any other company I've worked for. Be prepared to work some late nights and weekends to meet deadlines. On the plus side you won't feel like you're carrying the burden by yourself--team members are top notch and will be right along side you pulling their weight.

As the company matures and expands, processes are beginning to evolve and improve from a start-up level of chaos to more structure and discipline. This is a very welcome change and has allowed us to focus on real problems rather than being overwhelmed by the workload. – less