Dade Medical College

Dade Medical College Employee Reviews

Excellent company
Admission Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 13, 2015
Dade Medical College gave me the opportunity to growth with them, I first started as a receptionist and four months later they promoted me to the admissions department. They encouraged me to achieve my goals and I learned how to run reports, they trained me and convert me in a professional people.
What are they doing?
Not important (Former Employee), AllApril 11, 2015
Pros: Still open
Cons: Probably closing soon
Amid many allegations and much turmoil this work environment is deteriorating. Students complain to all departments that the quality of education is lacking structure. A lot of unethical things are being noticed and how is one to stay positive when pay cuts and hours are being taken. It is a shame that we have to work here under these circumstances, a review is to protect others not to bash the school especially when everything said Is accurate. My question is what are they doing?
Brief Description
Management (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 1, 2015
Pros: Self-directed work and implementation of new business ideas
Cons: Young company still developing
Worked in an extremely fast-paced company with room for expansion of processes and policies. Exciting and informal atmosphere.
Deeply unorganized and troubled company
Education (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 25, 2015
DMC is a place that is rooted in misogynistic values and is not a positive place of employment. It runs more like a restaurant or a bar rather than a school. The people who run the place lack leadership and business savvy. Most barely have a high school degree and a large portion cannot speak english. Students are deeply unhappy and cannot pass exams. Procedures change on a daily basis, the worker overturn is dismaying, and a majority of the campuses are on probation. Not to mention that it is extremely alarming that the top tier has had its fair share of legal troubles that are deeply disturbing and plastered all over every major newspaper. The school does not seem to care about students and they are more interested in daily profits and admission numbers. Co-workers are generally nice but all are at least in some part extremely unhappy and have an overwhelming feeling of being stuck in a sinking ship. Do yourself a favor and find a different place of employment. This also applies to the sister school "USMF" do not be fooled by the different names.
Good experience working at DMC
Program Director (Former Employee), Miami, Fl.December 2, 2014
Pros: excellent colleagues
Cons: low pay
I enjoyed working at DMC, but the benefits and pay were not sufficient.
Stressful Workplace
Receptionist/ Front Office Support (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 29, 2014
I had two supervisors. One of them was very inconsiderate, unfair, rude, and very unprofessional. The other supervisor was the best I ever came across. Customer's were never satisfied but because of the way the school is, unorganized.
productive serious work place
Instructor of Medical Billing and Coding (Current Employee), Miami campusAugust 14, 2014
productive serious work place. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with my students and seeing that I'm part of their new life.
productive
Instructor (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 22, 2014
Pros: hospital setting
Cons: unexperienced staff
Small Hospital own by a huge company, poorly run, wasted revenue.
Unexperienced management.
Horrible and unethical place to work.
instructor (Former Employee), MaimiJuly 9, 2014
Cons: work day and night to create a curriculum
The PTA program is the worst. They have unlicensed instructors giving the course. There is no real curriculum. Working at this place is like working in a chicken factory
Productive and fun place to work
Clinical Coordinator/GRT Professor (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long hours at times
Productive and fun place to work. Great atmosphere, open door policy.
great Facility, courses are condensed, time-10am to 10pm
Full time -Didactic Faculty (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJune 25, 2014
Great facility, Neat and spacious and well managed.

Courses are very condensed, so prep time is limited

10 am to 10 pm schedule is exausting
Unethical
Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Hollywood, FloridaJune 11, 2014
Poor board pass rates and placed on probation by the board of nursing
fun place to work at
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Homestead, FLApril 2, 2014
at work I was responsible for:

-Primary point-of-contact for prospective new students
-Following-up with all assigned prospect inquiries and student leads as appropriate with telephone, email, letter and in-person contact
-Setting appointments and conducting interviews with prospective students
-Conducting campus tours to students and their families
-Representing the College at public events, including student events and career fairs
-Accurate completion of all student enrollment documents and forms
-Maintaining a pleasant and professional attitude and appearance, supporting a team-oriented work environment
Diverse place to work in. Not bound by traditional corporate structure.
Academic Dean – Online and Continuing Education (Former Employee), Coral Gables, FLFebruary 28, 2014
Opportunity for professional growth. Creativity is allowed.
One of the WORST nursing colleges to be employed with
Former Administrator (Former Employee), Miami, FloridaJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: some of the employees were friendly
Cons: everything else
Not reputable
Lacks structure and organization
Lacks necessary resources to have a sustainable company
Currently on probation with the state of Florida for POOR NCLEX pass rates
Lacks consistency
The executive team members feel as if money can resolve all of the colleges issues oppose to revamping the root of the problem
Expected to work 12 hours days M-F and be on-call (weekend)
Really great place to work
Instructor, Coordinator (Current Employee), Miami LakesJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: good people, supportive, flexible bosses
Cons: students can be entitled little brats
I've held several positions at DMC and I can say confidently that it's a great place to work. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement because the school is growing all the time and upper management do reward those that work hard and go above and beyond. At every campus, there's a lot of comaraderie. It can be stressful, like anything, and sometimes things change from one minute to the next, but feedback is always welcome from the corporate and executive team. The teaching schedule can be a pain with the split shift, so know off the bat that that's what you're signing up for.
Productive work place where staff imput is valued
Nursing Faculty (Current Employee), Miami LakesJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: staff respect that is highly valued
Cons: long work hours
Productive environment that fosters staff creativity, and respect is generated to all staff. The faculties provides the best education to students as they are highly motivated
fun hard working peoples
Student Finance Specialist (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: excellent co-worker
Cons: wish we had more time off ( smile)
Very good place to work , I learn a lot there, And it is also a fun place to work .The most lovable part off the job is helping people.
Place of work and welcoming with all the necessary resources.
Medical Assistant Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 25, 2013
The above copania where you work served me a lot in my preparation work goals and overcoming. Excellent program director and high rate of staff.
Great company overall
Instructor (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 20, 2013
Pros: flexable with schedule, great management, they work with you to make it a better work place for faculty and students
Cons: the hours are dreadful, every night there is a class to teach, fast paced accelerated level programs
Great place to grow and develop as a professional in education, and there are also many opportunities for advancement. Coworkers are supportive as well as encouraging and overall easy to work with. Good management in the sense that during teacher planning days we all have in service on a topic to strengthen our educating skills or to enhance our student's learning environment. In addition, this gives us the opportunity to collectively, as a team, brain storm on all the different ways of enhancing our core program by sharing ideas with one another in order to improve the the succession rate of the students in a fair and objective way while acknowledging deficits and/or different learning styles. I appreciate all the efforts from management whom are willing to incorporate suggestions as well as accept constructive criticism from the faculty in order to increase the outcome rate of the students. Also, management is always quick to order the necessary supplies for labs and classrooms as needed by faculty when requested. Only things that have been hectic are the long work hours as well as the classes being Monday-Friday and accelerated. Lots of material to cover in a short period of time which can be hard on students and faculty. However, it is an accelerated program, therefore students as well as faculty were well aware of this while committing to DMC. Overall, it is a blessing to have this opportunity to work at DMC!

About Dade Medical College

With over 400 full-time employees staffing Dade Medical College's six Florida campuses and corporate office, the school features – Read more

Dade Medical College Salaries