Dade Medical College Employee Reviews

Worked there for seven years
DCS Program Director (Former Employee) –  3721 NW 7 ST MiamiJuly 28, 2016
We obtained the CAAHEP accreditation as PD. Good place to work. They help us to assist to courses and congress. Shame what the Owner did at the end.
Pros
Excellent relations w students and professor staff Good wage
Cons
Don't give any compensation at rhe end
great place
Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 16, 2016
Great place learned alot and was able to acquire many administrative experiences in a short amount of time. I was able to move up in the company in a very rapid pace.
Promising, but mismanaged
English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 16, 2016
A typical day at work at Dade Medical College involved both on-ground and online meetings with ESL students struggling to master English proficiency for their respective medical vocations.

Co-workers were friendly and cooperative in their rapport, both with students and other instructors.

Management was irresponsible and callous in handling student affairs, and constantly disrupted college directives in the interest of financial gain.
very nice environment and helpful staff
compliance auditor (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 17, 2015
it was a great learning experience to work for DMC I was able to grow and learn in this company. I was able to work my way up and refine my skills. I am grateful to have been given the opportunity to have fulfilled many positions that left me with the experience I have today.
Company is a fraud cheating foreign students
instructor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 30, 2015
This school thrives on foreign students who have poor language skills and are unable to get into other schools. They take the rejects and prey upon them via financial aide
The staff is completely lied to when brought aboard and the turnover rate with instructors is high. Anybody who works thiere figures out pretty quickly how unethical this company is and quits. The employees who stay are usually foreigners trained in another country who cant get there health care license over here and are left with few work options
Pay checks are constantly bouncing and they are getting deeper in debt. Federal financial aide will not be handing money over to them at the rapid rate they were doing in the past.
There nursing program at all campuses has a huge fail rate and has been closed down; in spite of this, according to Miami herald, they attempted to enroll students anyway
If there are any rating on here above one star it is only fake employee review made up by there PR department
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Unethical, immoral thriving on poor immigrants
The college offers an appropriate work environment
Lead Science Instructor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 30, 2015
As a passionate professor, I considered that this college brings an adequate learning environment. I had an excellent relationships with my students and co-workers. I support professors in developing and implementing a positive classroom management strategies. I promote a friendly learning environment. At the beginning the company was offering excellent health benefits
Pros
Friendly work environment and excellent health benefits
Part-time teaching position (my work schedule) perfectly mixed with my other daily commitments
Program Instructor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 29, 2015
This college has several campuses and offers several programs. The staff are a close-knit group, and enjoy spending time together outside of working hours.
Pros
Part-time position was a perfect schedule for me
Cons
not CAPTE accredited (but is accredited by a different agency)
job
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  hollywood fl.October 14, 2015
to be honest the staff was great...the director not so much...but the over all experience there was great.

I luv to work and earn my pay every week...but I like to work in a good environment.
Pros
great staff and pay.
Cons
bad management.
Nice place to work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Miami CampusOctober 13, 2015
Managing classes lesson plans for the day, preparing practice for positioning in the lab. Working with Program Director as well as Clinical Coordinator.
Keeping records, attendance and grades for classes.
Pros
I like to teach my students
Cons
There is a gap between morning and evening class and I live far away
Fun Workplace
Clinical Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes FLMay 21, 2015
Learned many new things. The skills i gained will help me in the future obtain better opportunities I enjoyed working for DMC very much.
Excellent company
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 13, 2015
Dade Medical College gave me the opportunity to growth with them, I first started as a receptionist and four months later they promoted me to the admissions department. They encouraged me to achieve my goals and I learned how to run reports, they trained me and convert me in a professional people.
What are they doing?
Not important (Former Employee) –  AllApril 11, 2015
Amid many allegations and much turmoil this work environment is deteriorating. Students complain to all departments that the quality of education is lacking structure. A lot of unethical things are being noticed and how is one to stay positive when pay cuts and hours are being taken. It is a shame that we have to work here under these circumstances, a review is to protect others not to bash the school especially when everything said Is accurate. My question is what are they doing?
Pros
Still open
Cons
Probably closing soon
Brief Description
Management (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 1, 2015
Worked in an extremely fast-paced company with room for expansion of processes and policies. Exciting and informal atmosphere.
Pros
Self-directed work and implementation of new business ideas
Cons
Young company still developing
Deeply unorganized and troubled company
Education (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 25, 2015
DMC is a place that is rooted in misogynistic values and is not a positive place of employment. It runs more like a restaurant or a bar rather than a school. The people who run the place lack leadership and business savvy. Most barely have a high school degree and a large portion cannot speak english. Students are deeply unhappy and cannot pass exams. Procedures change on a daily basis, the worker overturn is dismaying, and a majority of the campuses are on probation. Not to mention that it is extremely alarming that the top tier has had its fair share of legal troubles that are deeply disturbing and plastered all over every major newspaper. The school does not seem to care about students and they are more interested in daily profits and admission numbers. Co-workers are generally nice but all are at least in some part extremely unhappy and have an overwhelming feeling of being stuck in a sinking ship. Do yourself a favor and find a different place of employment. This also applies to the sister school "USMF" do not be fooled by the different names.
Good experience working at DMC
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, Fl.December 2, 2014
I enjoyed working at DMC, but the benefits and pay were not sufficient.
Pros
Excellent colleagues
Cons
Low pay
Stressful Workplace
Receptionist/ Front Office Support (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 29, 2014
I had two supervisors. One of them was very inconsiderate, unfair, rude, and very unprofessional. The other supervisor was the best I ever came across. Customer's were never satisfied but because of the way the school is, unorganized.
productive serious work place
Instructor of Medical Billing and Coding (Current Employee) –  Miami campusAugust 14, 2014
productive serious work place. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with my students and seeing that I'm part of their new life.
productive
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 22, 2014
Small Hospital own by a huge company, poorly run, wasted revenue.
Unexperienced management.
Pros
hospital setting
Cons
unexperienced staff
Horrible and unethical place to work.
instructor (Former Employee) –  MaimiJuly 9, 2014
The PTA program is the worst. They have unlicensed instructors giving the course. There is no real curriculum. Working at this place is like working in a chicken factory
Pros
Cons
work day and night to create a curriculum
Productive and fun place to work
Clinical Coordinator/GRT Professor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 7, 2014
Productive and fun place to work. Great atmosphere, open door policy.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
long hours at times