Daemen College Employee Reviews

Good work-study options for students
Campus Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYAugust 23, 2017
This is one of three different work-study jobs I held simultaneously while a full-time student at Daemen College. All of my supervisors were great, since I worked hard and did what I was supposed to do without letting classes interfere. They were also understanding when I had something like a doctor's appointment or needed to change my shift, as long as I gave sufficient notice. As a work-study student, you get all sorts of little perks based on which job you get as long as you work hard and deserve them. I enjoyed my experience working there.
Team work which made the job easier
Grant Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYAugust 22, 2017
Enjoyed the time I worked there. Everyone worked together and knew most of the job description of others. Learned how to work in a non-profit arena. Culture very different from for-profit
Pros
Very caring place to work
Cons
Salary was low, benefirs good
Great culture
Marketing Professor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 18, 2017
Excellent - I recommend. Daemen College is a place for a long term career, excellent benefits, corporate culture and values their employees. Excellent Education.
Productive and family oriented
Student Assistant- Information Desk (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 15, 2017
Really enjoyed working in my department. The culture is very family oriented and the staff are very easy to talk to. Working there I was able to strengthen my interpersonal skills.
Pros
Can do work while working from time to time.
Cons
Can be loud during busy times
Daemen College
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 22, 2017
The job and people are wonderful, benefits are great as well, There is not much room for advancement, and the pay could be better, The best part is the interaction with the current students.
Pros
Time off, Benefits
Cons
Salary
Great group of people to work around
Graduate / Student Assistant - Athletic Operations (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 20, 2017
The department is very supportive of one another. As a small institution, we are frequently interacting and communicating to complete jobs within the department. Management is great and supportive, and she pushes us to do our very best work.
Friendly Office Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYFebruary 9, 2017
I worked in three departments/offices, and in each of them I worked on a daily basis with friendly co-workers. Each department works well on its own, though things get a little confused whenever they must work together.
My position was an on-line adjunct pprofessor for the RN- to BSN program.
RN to BSN program (Current Employee) –  Daemen College, Amherst, New YorkDecember 26, 2016
It was an excellent opportunity to work with nursing students. I was their coach, mentor and also was able to evaluate if I wanted them as a prospective employee of The Buffalo General Medical Center.
Fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 13, 2016
Best bosses ever. I had a great experience working in the office and working with peers. I was able to work and complete projects in a great environment.
Relaxed and Welcoming
Student Assistant Technician (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 27, 2016
I am a federal work study. Our departments are always fun & inviting. Also, the student and faculty are always willing to helpful.
Great atmosphere
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYDecember 29, 2015
I went to Daemen for four years. I loved the campus, professors and classes. I took 15-18 credits per semester (5-6 classes). My major was art but I was required to take other classes (of my choice). I took some religion classes, history classes, philosophy as well as my required art classes.
Pros
4 year degree
Cons
unfair grading
Good experience with teaching new students
Teaching Assitant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 26, 2015
I was a teaching assistant for a religion class for freshmen. I sat in on the class and took notes so I could make study guides for their tests, and I presented a lesson and activity for them to do. I was available for them to study with and meet in the library if they had any questions about the class.
Pros
Fulfilled my service learning requirement, unique and fun experience
fun workplace
Wick Information Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 21, 2015
Good atmosphere. Get to interact with college students as well as peers. Faculty members are caring as well as helpful. You will not be left to do something on your own. Someone is always willing to help.
Nice place
Instructor, IND 101 (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 16, 2015
Lovely place to work. People are friendly. Constantly learning new things. No opportunity for management. I work with knowledgeable people.. There is nothing hard about the job. I most enjoy seeing students grow and mature.
Pros
Health Care benefits
Cons
No cons
Disability Friendly
Student Disability Advocate (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 10, 2014
Great work environment that is very accommodating to people with disability.
Lots of changes within the organization
Staff Accountant-Business Affairs (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 2, 2013
Not what i signed up for. System was very complex.Lots of changes in the finance office.Did not fit in with new controller.
work study job
Assistant to the secretary of the Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 8, 2013
working at the wick desk was fun. Everybody stopped by to say hello. Sometimes I would get in trouble for people hanging out in front of the desk. It was a work study job, so I mostly did any homework I had. Although I did not get much done because I was very distracting because everyone always walked up to the wick desk to converse.
Pros
Got to meet a lot of new people
Cons
Can't eat behind the wick desk
Nice study place and fun to enjoy my college life.
Working Study  (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 7, 2013
I really like Daemen College because my first master degree was finished there. I did learn how to use Excel to analysis financial report and consolidate the financial statement of my accounting projects, how to make power point to present my projects, how to become a leader in the team, how to act professional, and how to file individual and corporate tax returns from my academy courses on Strategic planning for the Global market, Global monetary system and Capital markets, Operational and technology issues in Global business, Intermediate Accounting I, Intermediate Accounting II, Cost Accounting, Income Tax Theory, Advanced Accounting Problems, Advanced Taxation, Ethics, and Business Law etc.
Pros
Friendly and nice place to study
Cons
Not a recommend or competitive business program in states
amazing enviroment and staff
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  amherst, New YorkSeptember 9, 2012
Amazing environment to work in. The professional staff and faculty are joy to work with and encouraging. A typical day includes counseling students in various personal, financial, academic. The greatest joy in my current position is seeing a student who struggled finally overcome those obstacles in their way.