Daemen College Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Relaxed and Welcoming
Student Assistant Technician (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 27, 2016
I am a federal work study. Our departments are always fun & inviting. Also, the student and faculty are always willing to helpful.
Great atmosphere
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYDecember 29, 2015
I went to Daemen for four years. I loved the campus, professors and classes. I took 15-18 credits per semester (5-6 classes). My major was art but I was required to take other classes (of my choice). I took some religion classes, history classes, philosophy as well as my required art classes.
Pros
4 year degree
Cons
unfair grading
Good experience with teaching new students
Teaching Assitant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 26, 2015
I was a teaching assistant for a religion class for freshmen. I sat in on the class and took notes so I could make study guides for their tests, and I presented a lesson and activity for them to do. I was available for them to study with and meet in the library if they had any questions about the class.
Pros
Fulfilled my service learning requirement, unique and fun experience
fun workplace
Wick Information Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 21, 2015
Good atmosphere. Get to interact with college students as well as peers. Faculty members are caring as well as helpful. You will not be left to do something on your own. Someone is always willing to help.
Nice place
Instructor, IND 101 (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 16, 2015
Lovely place to work. People are friendly. Constantly learning new things. No opportunity for management. I work with knowledgeable people.. There is nothing hard about the job. I most enjoy seeing students grow and mature.
Pros
Health Care benefits
Cons
No cons
Disability Friendly
Student Disability Advocate (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 10, 2014
Great work environment that is very accommodating to people with disability.
Superb institution that is growing in reputation.
Former VPt of Academic Affairs and President (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 27, 2013
Excellent place to work with an immense sense of commitment to students and to the mission of the College
work study job
Assistant to the secretary of the Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 8, 2013
working at the wick desk was fun. Everybody stopped by to say hello. Sometimes I would get in trouble for people hanging out in front of the desk. It was a work study job, so I mostly did any homework I had. Although I did not get much done because I was very distracting because everyone always walked up to the wick desk to converse.
Pros
got to meet a lot of new people
Cons
can't eat behind the wick desk
Nice study place and fun to enjoy my college life.
Working Study (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 7, 2013
I really like Daemen College because my first master degree was finished there. I did learn how to use Excel to analysis financial report and consolidate the financial statement of my accounting projects, how to make power point to present my projects, how to become a leader in the team, how to act professional, and how to file individual and corporate tax returns from my academy courses on Strategic planning for the Global market, Global monetary system and Capital markets, Operational and technology issues in Global business, Intermediate Accounting I, Intermediate Accounting II, Cost Accounting, Income Tax Theory, Advanced Accounting Problems, Advanced Taxation, Ethics, and Business Law etc.
Pros
friendly and nice place to study
Cons
not a recommend or competitive business program in states
amazing enviroment and staff
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  amherst, New YorkSeptember 9, 2012
Amazing environment to work in. The professional staff and faculty are joy to work with and encouraging. A typical day includes counseling students in various personal, financial, academic. The greatest joy in my current position is seeing a student who struggled finally overcome those obstacles in their way.

4.3