Dahill Employee Reviews

Worst Sales Experience/Account Executive
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2017
Dahill is so poorly run it is unbelievable. Zero ethics from management starts from the top with an uneducated bully for a President. Zero commissions earned on sales is the norm due to high discounting. Had coworkers receive negative commission statements on sales transactions. This meant they owed the company money for selling the Xerox equipment? Micromanaged to call on worthless prospect list. When I mentioned that 30-40 percent of the my assigned prospect list were either out of business or home based business I was called a whiner. Um, how am I to make any money when I am restricted to call on out of business companies. All decent opportunities are pulled and given to managers favorite sale people.
Pros
they brought in pizza sometimes
Cons
everything about this job was a con
productive great work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2017
great place to work for, good pay and great bosses. weekends off and some overtime. 8 to 5 job. great team work co workers, low turnaround on postilions.
Ethics Issues
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2016
Management has ethics issues. Very high turnover. They has been a lot of changes since I left the company. The culture is very negative too.
Well managed company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 26, 2016
Great company. Probably expanding too quickly. Excellent management, compensation and benefits. First class technology. Needs more local NM marketing.
Favoritism, Miscommunication , Stress, All about the Profit Company.
Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 2, 2016
Worst Management I have ever witnessed..period. The Favoritism is like a virus in this company. If you are not on the managements favorites list they wont listen to you nor care if you quit today. And, managers/stupidvisors walk around the warehouse like chickens with their heads cut off. Whenever employees who have been there for years makes a mistake, forgot about accountability. This company puts the Mis in Miscommunication. They told us we would be driving 90% of the time and 10% warehouse when we first started. It was actually 10% driving and 90% warehouse..All they want is to push product out and dont care if you got to work at 16 hour day. From management, sales, shop, warehouse, parts, dispatch; no one knows whats going on. If you are smart, dont work here.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Horrible Management, Favoritism, Miscommunication, Stressful worklife, Liars, Gossip, Fakes
Good environment
Level 2 Help Desk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 7, 2016
Dahill has been good to me in terms of creating a positive learning environment and allowing me to grow in my desired field. However, pay is always an issue as most employees feel they are not paying industry standard for job titles, nor for the level of experience/ job duties employees are responsible for. They will help you grow and will nurture you, but at the same time won't pay you enough to justify the amount of work you do. It's fine for those that do their job and keep their head down, but for those who want to do their best and always go above and beyond they have to settle for a plastic "Rock Star" trophy and no increase in pay. Frequently new hires will earn more than some of the top performers and sales turnover is always high. If you want a competitive salary be prepared to jump from department to department as a title change is really the only way to receive fair pay.
Pros
Company provided lunch at end of month, positive environment, friendly, relaxed for the most part
Cons
Hard to get a decent pay, formal training is far and extremely few between, they will give you the job responsibilities of 3 people if you let them
Less than Promised, or Expected
Customer Care - IT Dispatch (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2016
I started this job full of hope for great teamwork, great management support, and a good call center experience. What I got was insufficient training, confusion on the part of management, and a fantastic team who worked really hard, but who shouldn't have had to do so.
Productive and fun place to work
Classic ASP Developer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TxJuly 15, 2015
Great place to work with good people. Learned a lot about Enterprise development. Management we good. Technology was always being improved.
Pros
Company gatherings
A culture of Stress
Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxMay 12, 2015
dahill has succumbed to the pitfalls many growing companies do. They've become a slave to the numbers game. How many calls can you do Ina day, and who's long did it take. Productivity is king. don't get me wrong, some people thrive In this kind of environment, but most don't. They force techs to drive a company vehicle, and take money out of your check for personal use. It's nice to have the option, but don't force it.
Pros
Awesome training, 3d technology, Decent not great benefits., Company car (sorta a pro)
Cons
Micro-managed to death, Numbers before all else, Management kowtows to sales whims and every customer complaint no matter how petty, The product offering is sub-par. You can't fix poor design
The Pace of work is RIDICULOUS!
Sales (Current Employee) –  San AntonioJanuary 22, 2015
I've never worked in an environment that is THIS fast paced!!
The company is working on improving its culture through leadership development programs, culture committees and company events.

There will always be a percentage of the company that doesn't participate and still complains. I'm guessing that's just part of society.

The company has grown VERY rapidly and is struggling to hire enough people to keep up with that growth.
Pros
Fast growth. Hiring tons of people. Good pay & benefits. Opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Lots of wet blankets in the company that LOVE to complain.
productive, but declining moral and low team support
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 31, 2014
My day to day was purchasing stock and special needed items. As well as fulfilling and releasing customer invoices, receiving items(ups,fedex, freight etc) and helping techs or customers that came to the parts counter for picks ups. Through my years there I learned all the sides and team work it takes to run a warehouse, resolve issues and implement ideas to streamline work; and how to deal with customers happy or upset, face to face or over the phone. Through my nearly 13 years I saw a lot of turnover through management and I hate to say it steadily declined with its open door policy, accountability, communication, and overall support for the team. The majority of the time co-workers were an enjoyable group dedicated and driven to provide the best customer service. Lately the moral had taken a large hit and everyone is on edge; but those feelings were towards management, so socialization amongst each other was good. Very social and easy to discuss varieties of topics with. The hardest part of my job was being able to move forward with lack of communication, managing stock levels with multiple hands incidentally or purposely having the ability to affect them, dealing with product growth with insufficient space, and seeing the overall decline in moral from a group that was once united. The best part of the job was speaking with customer and co-workers. Being able to have laughs, share advice, and help each other.
Pros
job security, hour flexability
Cons
communication, team support, insufficient warehouse and shop space
new experience
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  san antonio,txNovember 6, 2014
troubleshooting copiers
copier process
down to earth management
great people
driving
meeting new people
Pros
new stuff
Cons
drving
Dahill drives a fast paced culture, which thrives on creativity, dedication and hard work.
Receptionist, Executive Assistant, Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 5, 2014
A typical day at work is arriving at 7:30am to be prepared for 8am. Sales representatives have clients that come in, so I am responsible for ordering lunch and greeting the clients. I have learned to stay positive and interact with different people on a professional level. My co-workers have become part of my family in the almost 6 years I have worked here. The hardest part of my job is finding available conference rooms and removing "squatters" when a room has been previously booked by another department. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and interacting with my Dahill family.
Pros
Great benefits and wonderful friends.
Cons
No breaks and no definate time for lunch coverage.
Very competative industry
Major Accounts (Former Employee) –  San AntonioOctober 17, 2013
Hardest part of the job is juggling all issues and still finding time to sell
Great work/life bal - upper management lacking
Customer Care/Supplies supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio,TX June 21, 2013
I enjoyed my time with Dahill, they offer an excellent pay and benefits package. However the same brush that allows the flexibility in the work/life balance hinders professionalism at times. Ramped nepotism, and revolving door on rehires.
Pros
Pay scale is good
Employees were nice and helpful.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 16, 2012
a typical day at work- Driving a co-worker who's personal car was not running and was supposed to be training me around town to do his calls.

what you learned- Customer Service and teamwork

management- Management did not care for employees personal needs,if workers needed to order parts they were told do what they had to and try not to order part from parts department. If we used to many parts for copiers and went over quota it would take away from management bonus. A lot of guys would use what they had (tape, reuse toner etc) to keep customer happy as well as management

your co-workers- My co-workers were very helpful, great bunch of guys they were always there to answer any question to help get the job done.

the hardest part of the job- switching from xerox team to Sharp team with no proper training. Very different machines.

the most enjoyable part of the job- being a team player and learning new skills.
Pros
understanding how copiers work
Cons
useing my personal vehical to drive all around town and out of town daily.
Don't do it
Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 28, 2012
Too many managers in service. The svc manager disappears during the day and every Friday and he promotes unqualified friends to manager positions and cheats on his numbers.
Pros
some good people there, pay is ok
Cons
lazy dishonest management in service
Tough place to work
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  San AntonioSeptember 4, 2012
with Dahill, you have to potential to earn great income. If you put in the necessary amount of work (cold calling, B2B) you may be able to reach that goal. Complicated commission system, no percentage guaranteed. Be careful trusting management. Great people to work with, fun environment.
Pros
fun environment. great people.
Cons
mediocre salary, complicated commission, questionable management
Fast, fun, business service environment
Service Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2012
Some management levels were great and listened and cared about the empolyees. Learned many new things with this company but some of the departments were over managed and not enough doing the work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dahill. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8