Daiichi Sankyo Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging opportunities and job work/life balance
Senior Administrative Assistant, Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 26, 2015
7 years ago, this was an exciting and growing company with great benefits and competitive compensation. I learned a lot from my co-workers, my teammate who I provided back-up support to the VP of Supply Chain and Technical Operations, providing executive support and putting in overtime as needed. I learned the Purchasing process and was elected to be in charge of all the ordering of equipment, vendors and consultants at our new Bethlehem Plant in Pennsylvania, which was a challenging but rewarding project. I learned how to support the Japanese culture, which was interesting. I took a class on how to support the Japanese culture.how to greet the Japanese professionally.

The unfortunate part, was the company went through some changes over the past few years, losing our CEO, and resulting in multiple layoffs. This made it hard to advance within the company, morale was low and there was no job security.
Pros
$3 per diem for lunch, annual bonus for all employees
Cons
No support for advancement within the company.
Just a different experience
Pharmaceutical Representative (Current Employee) –  DaytonDecember 31, 2015
a typical day at work would be to talk to Life Insurance agents. I learnt a great deal of people management skills in short time. i also created relationship with Life insurance agents and assigned my agents of Auto and Home division to make product sales.
Pros
Big Company experience
A global leader in the pharmaceutical industry with over 30,000 employees
Manager, Enterprise Service Management (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 16, 2015
A very nice place to work where employees are treated with respect and management does an amazing job to keep work life balance
Pros
flexibility, lots to get involve in, cross-functionally
Cons
nothing to complain about
High travel territory, loved working in the disease states I was assigned.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 9, 2016
Traveled 12-14 overnights per month for 4 1/2 years.

My pay was very dependent on what my co-workers did in their role of sales representatives as we were all paid on the same products, just with different weightings.

My direct managers were both fantastic!! Couldn't have asked for better district managers!

Hardest part of the job was being gone from my family and young child all the time.

Most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the disease states, how the pharmaceuticals I sold helped people, and meeting so many wonderful providers, nurses, and other people across Montana and Wyoming!
Pros
Challenging and invigorating environment with lots of learning opportunities.
Cons
Too much travel, and my pay was dependent on the efforts of others.
Very Professional Culture
Payroll Associate (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 19, 2016
DSI is really the place where I learned the most about Payroll. The manager who hired me saw the value of finding and keeping exceptional employees.
I learned the ins-and-outs of Payroll Administration, including the role-out of a new system. I have also come to realize that without all team members sharing a common vision, motivation and production...

The best part of the job was interacting with all of the different people, from 48 states and Puerto Rico. A very diverse employee population. I learned so much from so many different people, personally and professionally.
Pros
Business casual dress, Friday: jeans day; daily per-diem cafeteria allowance
Cons
Advancement opportunities for non-managers are rarely available.
Fun Work Place/Great Culture
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 2, 2015
Amazing employees

amazing culture

good compensation

i have nothing negative to say about Daiichi Sankyo, it has been a great foot in the door to the pharmaceutical industry
Pros
Friendly
Cons
smaller company
Undergoing total restructuring
Senior Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 26, 2016
The company was a wonderful place to work for many years. In the last 5 years there has been tremendous change and turnover in upper management. It was very stressful with yearly/ bi-yearly layoffs. The company has just gone through a total restructuring.
It is not the same company I worked for, so I don't know how it currently is to work for.
For years, DSI was a positive environment to work in because they stressed a team environment.
Pros
use to listen to rep feedback and stress team environment
Cons
gone through a lot of changes in last few years
DSI has always been a wonderful place
Specialty Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 2, 2015
DSI has always been a wonderful employer. However, there have been personnel changes from the top down...the company is completely re-organizing and there doesn't seem to be a real solid plan for the future. I would recommend taking other jobs if you like them, let the dust settle over 1-2 years and see what DSI has become.
Cons
Changing upper level management, reducing bonuses, no plan for future
Struggling to find identity
Director of Market Access (Current Employee) –  West CoastOctober 11, 2015
DSI has had a great culture, however, they were run into the ground by prior CEO and the new leadership is trying to save the company.
What a great company...in their hayday
Human Resource Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 17, 2016
Wow....by far one of the best companies I have ever worked for in my career. My how things have changed from what I've heard.

Want to know more about Daiichi Sankyo?

Ask a question
Under new management
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJanuary 20, 2016
Daiichi Sankyo is operated under completely different management that has changed the entire company completely from when I was hired in 2008.
Dsi
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 8, 2016
My manager was wonderful- really cared about all of his employees. Work life balance was excellent, co workers were great.
Management is very sketchy since reorganization
Senior Cardiovascular sales representative (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 18, 2016
Not convinced that another reorganization is going to happen.

Management is terrible otherwise the culture is good.

DSI does not pay the industry average in compensation. The health insurance benefits are expensive and not the industry average
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Management, benefits are costly, pays less than the industry
A "Big Pharma" company that does not feel big! Great company...
Professional Sales Rep II / Primary Care Sales (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, New JerseyJune 3, 2015
Excellent products with excellent leadership from the top down. Despite losing patent rights on their blockbuster anti hypertensive Benicar, they have acquired products and made themselves a viable and strong force going forward once Benicar expires. Excellent training and excellent benefits!
Pros
Great benefits and management leadership!
Cons
Navigating through the post Benicar days...probably no problem!
A place where a high achiever can grow their career rapidly
District sales manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 6, 2015
This is a place where someone gets out of the company, what they put in. It is big on recognition & reward for top performers. New management within the past 18 months.
Mainly good working environment.
Senior Territory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 5, 2015
Daiichi-Sankyo was a nice company to work for when they were not going through a realignment or having layoffs. Unfortunately they are now in the midst of the third cut back in less than six years.
I typically left home aroung 6:30 each morning and arrived home between 5-6 p.m. I averaged 10 plus called per day and did as many breakfast and lunch appointments as possible. My territories were always large and required 3-4,000 miles driving time per month. This is a good thing, because I enjoy the windshield time.
I learned more about managed care and insurance with this job than with the past companies, due to the increase in prior authorizations over the last decade. I had many partners and five District Managers in nearly ten years with Daiichi. I helped train some of the new representatives and always had strong partnerships, which led to good teamwork. I had good relationships with my 5 DM's.
The hardest part of the job was territory inconsistency. I had 4 different territories during my 9 1/2 years, due to realignments. Each time having new, inexperienced partners to train and having to create new relationships with physicians offices. Similar to starting over every 2 or 3 years. That being said, my teams always quickly established rapport and started trending upwards on the sales reports.
Pros
good products, and mostly hard working partners.
Cons
job security.
Great mission great team
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAOctober 21, 2015
Fantastic mission with a lot of great workers who are dedicated to the job at hand. There are a lot of changes in this organization but they have the best in mind for their employees and the patients they serve.
Pros
great mission
Cons
working long hours
Very Good Company
Recruiting/HR Operations (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 16, 2016
great culture, work/life balance for full time employees. plenty of hands on experience. The only thing is contract work is for a long period of time. Contractors are not really involved as they could be or should be in the company overall activities if they've been there over a year.
Work Life Balance
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 19, 2015
Very good work culture here! Too bad for the layoffs looming.
I look forward to the future here if one can make it through. Products are good as well.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
field rides happen a lot
overall, DSI is a good company to work for
Hospital Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Central WI and Madison WIOctober 7, 2015
outside of the constant downsizing, DSI trys very hard to take care of its employees. i enjoy working for DSI. The constant downsizing makes job security hard to come by