Daiichi Sankyo Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work
Human Resources/Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 20, 2016
Loved working here. Loved my coworkers and Managers. Culture at the Parsippany location was enjoyable. Ability to telecommute when weather is bad or children are home sick.
Nice Place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 20, 2016
Great working environment, great pay, great benefits, wonderful people to work with. There are not too many hard parts, I love the company. The most enjoyable would have to be the team I work with.
Pros
Work from home, Half Day Fridays, good pay, good benefits
Cons
New Organization Change, Relocation, not much room for advancement
Management is very sketchy since reorganization
Senior Cardiovascular sales representative (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 18, 2016
Not convinced that another reorganization is going to happen.

Management is terrible otherwise the culture is good.

DSI does not pay the industry average in compensation. The health insurance benefits are expensive and not the industry average
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Management, benefits are costly, pays less than the industry
Very Good Company
Recruiting/HR Operations (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 16, 2016
great culture, work/life balance for full time employees. plenty of hands on experience. The only thing is contract work is for a long period of time. Contractors are not really involved as they could be or should be in the company overall activities if they've been there over a year.
Transitioning Company
Institutional / Specialty Director (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 13, 2016
Currently transitioning in the United States. Awaiting product approvals in 2018-19. Large geographies, limited products and coverage. New upper management leading US efforts.
High travel territory, loved working in the disease states I was assigned.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 9, 2016
Traveled 12-14 overnights per month for 4 1/2 years.

My pay was very dependent on what my co-workers did in their role of sales representatives as we were all paid on the same products, just with different weightings.

My direct managers were both fantastic!! Couldn't have asked for better district managers!

Hardest part of the job was being gone from my family and young child all the time.

Most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the disease states, how the pharmaceuticals I sold helped people, and meeting so many wonderful providers, nurses, and other people across Montana and Wyoming!
Pros
Challenging and invigorating environment with lots of learning opportunities.
Cons
Too much travel, and my pay was dependent on the efforts of others.
Undergoing total restructuring
Senior Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 26, 2016
The company was a wonderful place to work for many years. In the last 5 years there has been tremendous change and turnover in upper management. It was very stressful with yearly/ bi-yearly layoffs. The company has just gone through a total restructuring.
It is not the same company I worked for, so I don't know how it currently is to work for.
For years, DSI was a positive environment to work in because they stressed a team environment.
Pros
use to listen to rep feedback and stress team environment
Cons
gone through a lot of changes in last few years
Great Company
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work is selling to 10-12 physicians a day. You must be on a routing to make sure that the top volume physicians are seen.
Very Professional Culture
Payroll Associate (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 19, 2016
DSI is really the place where I learned the most about Payroll. The manager who hired me saw the value of finding and keeping exceptional employees.
I learned the ins-and-outs of Payroll Administration, including the role-out of a new system. I have also come to realize that without all team members sharing a common vision, motivation and production...

The best part of the job was interacting with all of the different people, from 48 states and Puerto Rico. A very diverse employee population. I learned so much from so many different people, personally and professionally.
Pros
Business casual dress, Friday: jeans day; daily per-diem cafeteria allowance
Cons
Advancement opportunities for non-managers are rarely available.
good place to work
Senior Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 24, 2016
I love my job at DSI. Unfortunately the company is going through a major restructuring and there are no new products in the pipeline for the near future
What a great company...in their hayday
Human Resource Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 17, 2016
Wow....by far one of the best companies I have ever worked for in my career. My how things have changed from what I've heard.
Dsi
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 8, 2016
My manager was wonderful- really cared about all of his employees. Work life balance was excellent, co workers were great.
Great job, poor vision
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 30, 2016
Pipeline is weak, company has done nothing to solve this issue and had to do multiple rounds of downsizing. they spent money left and right and set themselves for failure
Stay away
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 28, 2016
They hired 300 in the summer of 2015 and in Oct 2015 announced they were laying off 1200 enough said
However if you just need industry experience it is a great choice
Under new management
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJanuary 20, 2016
Daiichi Sankyo is operated under completely different management that has changed the entire company completely from when I was hired in 2008.
great place in pharma
sales representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2016
Supportive home office with supportive managers. Long training program but they invest alot of time for your development.
Small to Medium Sized Pharma Company
Senior District Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 5, 2016
DSI provided many opportunities to grow my skills and earnings. Won Top 10% trip to Hawaii 3 of 3 years as a sales representative. Promoted to Sales Manager by fourth year. Hired and developed High Performing Team which earned team members over 30 trips to Hawaii. Won Top 10% trip to Hawaii 5 of 10 years as Sales Manager.
Pros
Leadership Development
Just a different experience
Pharmaceutical Representative (Current Employee) –  DaytonDecember 31, 2015
a typical day at work would be to talk to Life Insurance agents. I learnt a great deal of people management skills in short time. i also created relationship with Life insurance agents and assigned my agents of Auto and Home division to make product sales.
Pros
Big Company experience
Innovative Challenging Environment
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2015
Daiichi is an innovative company in the mist of solidifying it's position for the future. Currently transitioning from a cardiovascular company to a pain and oncology focused organization.
A place where a high achiever can grow their career rapidly
District sales manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 6, 2015
This is a place where someone gets out of the company, what they put in. It is big on recognition & reward for top performers. New management within the past 18 months.

2.9