Daikin Applied Employee Reviews

Daikin Applied
Brazer (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNOctober 26, 2017
Your there to go to work and earn a living and go home. Do it again the next day. Short breaks, long hours, lots of overtime. Keep aware of all policies written and unwritten.
Great place to work.
Air Conditioning Base Unit Builder (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAOctober 24, 2017
Everyone you work with is really nice and down to earth. Everyone works together to get the job done. Great place to work! The work hours were great and overtime is always a plus.
Pros
Cafeteria with breakfast and lunches, Great people to work with.
Cons
Supervisor’s are not the brightest
Excellent company to work for
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2017
In the HVAC field, Daikin is top notch. Most everyone who comes to us from another company never wants to leave. Great benefits, company vehicle and company supplied tools and equipment
Pros
Good career opportunities, flexible schedule, good benefits
Cons
Not many in comparison to other HVAC companies
I enjoyed the work I was doing at Daikin.
Coil Fabrication Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYOctober 20, 2017
The work at Daikin was challenging and I enjoyed working for this company, I was sorry to see them move to Mexico.The work was not always easy but I had the opportunity to do multiple jobs and learn new ones.
Pros
Holiday Parties, Boss appreciated the employees
Cons
company relocated
Laid back and easy job
Structural Welder (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2017
The management is excellent. Work is slow and too many workers, not enough work. They don't say anything to you but they talk alot about you behind your back. They expect too much for such low pay. Good company to work for but sometimes it can be slow. Location in Phoenix sucks because of traffic.
Pros
Mon-Fri 40 hour a week job.
Cons
Not enough overtime. Low pay. Location in Phoenix sucks.
Small office in downtown Jersey City
Meeting Planner (Contract (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 28, 2017
I enjoyed my experience while working at Daikin McQuay and would have stayed in my role had the company not be experiencing budget cuts at the time. I enjoyed my commute and the relationships I established with my co-workers.
Pros
Easy commute in thriving city
Great Company to work for
SERVICE COORDINATOR II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2017
I would not have left if I had not moved. I learned many new skills that will benefit me in my future endeavors. It was a great office atmosphere. The new management that was brought in really turned things around.
Daikin Applied
administrative support (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 17, 2017
Great pay and benefits however no job security, no room for advancement and corporate management leaves much to be desired. I learned a lot from time with Daikin but it came with a price.
Productive and great working environment
Engineering IT Internship (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAAugust 1, 2017
I learned and accomplished a lot during my time at Daikin Applied. I am very grateful for the all of the opportunities the company gave to me. I gained much knowledge and experience working within the engineering department.
Good Company, Bad Execution
Quality Assurance Internship (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYJuly 19, 2017
I worked for Daikin in Auburn NY which is now closed, production shifted to Mexico. The company itself can't be blamed for the business environment it is in but it lost a lot of truly skilled labor.
Pros
Good Products
Cons
Looking for Cost Saving
Loved working thre
Transportation Specialist/Inventory (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYJune 24, 2017
Great family atmosphere, everyone worked together to make it a good experience. Opportunity for advancement, good pay, good benefits. If you had a complaint, you could always talk to your supervisor.
Pros
everything
Old style culture
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 23, 2017
Daikin is an old style company which lacked positive environment. Lots of negative interaction between departments. This was the worst engineering company that I have worked for.
Poor work environment
Brazer (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNMay 19, 2017
Work life balance would be worse if the company had it their way. Union shop, roughly every other weekend is guaranteed off due to the contract. 10 hour days are nice, and give you three day weekends on those weeks with no overtime, but 50-60 hour weeks are pretty common. Pay is decent, many jobs require very little education or experience. Job security is pretty good because of the union. Employees can switch departments fairly easily. Advancement is possible, but due to the harsh divide between union and management, few people would want to "advance". Safety is not taken seriously. Multiple complaints fell on deaf ears. Management is stuck in the 80's, injuries are to be expected. Their solution for almost every injury is to inform people about what happened, rather than finding the root cause and working to eliminate the risk. If you just desperately need money, take a job here, the money is OK. If you're looking for a new long term home or looking to advance your career, forget it!
Pros
frequent breaks, decent pay, 10 hour days, every other weekend off
Cons
poor work environment, everyone is angry (especially on first shift), unsafe, VERY difficult to use your vacation
Productive work enviroment
Welder (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAApril 23, 2017
While working for this company I learned the basics of welding and was able to advance my personal welding skills. I liked the job that I had to preform on a daily basis.
Productive work place
Framer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMarch 23, 2017
Begin the day with stretches, you will be on your feet all day. Put together different sizes of framing material for industrial air conditioners. There is no air inside the building.
Cons
A lot of overtime
Excellent boss.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMarch 9, 2017
I enjoyed expanding my knowledge base by learning the 'start-to-finish, in's and out's of the manufacturing and assembly process of industrial heating and air conditioning units.
typical day
Clerical (Former Employee) –  NYMarch 7, 2017
Clerical work, such as filing, and organizing air conditioning parts for industrial and commercial units in the warehouse, and office. Handling the hourly and overtime wages as well as benefits for A.C. technicians in the New York and Connecticut districts for technicians performing at state and federal sites.
Fast paced and energetic. Great Co-workers
Service Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJFebruary 14, 2017
Great company to work for!! Very fast paced and energy charged environment. Lots of customer contact and problem solving. The days fly by with the busy craziness of HVAC.
Pros
competative salary
Cons
health care, stressful in the summer
Treated you like a robot
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYFebruary 2, 2017
Working there was a fun place until they announced they were moving production to another country,moral went way down.
Pros
meeting lots of new friends
Commercial HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  FaribaultJanuary 15, 2017
Working with Daikin as a test stand operator I was able to learn a lot in the electrical aspect with schematics and troubleshooting. The hardest part of the job would be having a unit that has an issue that did not pass testing that needs to be fixed so it can get shipped on time
Pros
good pay
Cons
don't have the right amount of people for the workload, and not a friendly work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Daikin Applied. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8