Daikin Applied Employee Reviews

Commercial HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  FaribaultJanuary 15, 2017
Working with Daikin as a test stand operator I was able to learn a lot in the electrical aspect with schematics and troubleshooting. The hardest part of the job would be having a unit that has an issue that did not pass testing that needs to be fixed so it can get shipped on time
Pros
good pay
Cons
don't have the right amount of people for the workload, and not a friendly work environment
Hostile management
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNSeptember 6, 2016
Management is horrible!!! They refuse to give ill/injured employees treatment. Employees have suffered serious injuries. In two cases broken bones. One case wasn'the treated till three days later. Another worked for three months before being sent to a doctor. They treat employees with absolute disdain and hostility. They have no concerns or compassion for employees. I have never worked for a place that treats it's employees so horribly.
Pros
Fun co-workers, benifits
Cons
Worst management ever
Very demanding job
District Operations Manager Wa, Id, Ore, Alaska (Current Employee) –  Kent, WashingtonAugust 15, 2016
Daikin is the worlds largest manufacturer of HVAC equipment, with offices world wide.

There are corporate guidelines that must be followed. The Seattle branch is under restructure and went through many co-workers during the past year and 1/2.

Daikin Applied Seattle which is responsible for Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Alaska now has a strong group to move this branch forward.
Pros
Large Corporation with good benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Service Department Need Re-Building
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 22, 2016
Poorly trained managers who expect the impossible without supplying you the necessary means to accomplish their goals. A culture of always looking over your shoulder. If things don't go as planned, you are expendable.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
What have you done for me today
poor management
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Verona, VAOctober 8, 2016
Union. Mon to Fri work wk.time and half on Saturday and double time on sunday time half on over 7 hrs dbl time over 12 hrs. 4 wks vac for 15 yrs. No sick days.
Pros
lot of over time not needed
Cons
very hot factory
Great company
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 22, 2016
You're welcomed into this company with open arms and everyone is willing to help you. The best thing about working at Daikin was learning how company works
Company moved production to Mexico
Brazer, Panel Bender, Assembler (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYApril 9, 2016
I would braze copper elbows into coils used in air conditioners, would test them for leaks and check overall appearance. Coils were always changing depending on unit. Had to read blueprints to build the coils properly. Worked very well with co-workers. Had a great group and were always helping each other. The hardest part was standing idol for 9 plus hours a day. Liked working with my co-workers and just being busy
Pros
great pay
Cons
air quality
unload trucks and deliver material to assembly lines
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYJanuary 28, 2016
Unload trucks, up five loads a day, and deliver it to either a stage area or to an assembly line. I worked also a production assistant which required me to make sure the assembly line have the necessary parts to work with in a timely matter. I worked closely with the supervisors.

I enjoyed working with my coworkers. It was an friendly place to work and I worked with some of the nicest foreman I will ever meet.
could be creative to improve ergonomics & production needs.
Tool and Die Maker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYJanuary 12, 2016
I was given the opportunity to participate in a Apprentice program that give me skills to improve quality of life.Greatly appreciated! I worked with a lot of great people hourly & management.The hardest part was not given enough time to do the job right!
Pros
incentive programs
Cons
To strict when you or family has a Dr. appointments
Customer Service - started and advanced with in a year
Customer Service Representative - 2006 - 2008 (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYMarch 1, 2016
Need very good People skills, factory is no longer located in Auburn, it has transferred to Mexico. Very tough transition for employees. Office is still located in Auburn.
good pay and Holiday benefits
Coil Fabrication Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYSeptember 28, 2015
I enjoyed my job very much at Daikin I was very disapointed when I learned they were moving to Mexico. Most of my days consisted of running the machines to process coils for the assembly lines, the only hard part about the job is when the machines didn't run properly. I always enjoy doing my job if i'm running a machine, I have been doing it for many years and it is what I enjoy doing.
Pros
Holiday meals
Daikin McQuay is a Great place to work.
Brazer (Current Employee) –  Auburn,NYJuly 21, 2015
Its very Productive, I've learned so much in 23 years, Its Remarkable. Management is Great, Very nice People to work for. Hardest part of the job is leaving everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can sit in the office and enjoy great conversation with my boss. He has a great sense of humor. Job Security is great. We are one big Happy Family.
Pros
Free Picnic once a year, Great Union, Very supporting.
Cons
Very hot and sweaty in the summertime. We make air conditioners, not use them.
good place to work
ms2 (Former Employee) –  auburn nySeptember 28, 2015
it was good place to work lots of overtime company is moving to Mexico. good pay great people to work with 10 hour days you work Monday trough sat. make and build air conditoners
Pros
lots of ot good pay nice people to work with
Cons
to much overtime no time for your self company is moving to mexico
Productive and motivated work environment with exceptional people
Administrative Receptionist (Former Employee) –  NJMay 28, 2012
I enjoyed every aspect of working for Daikin McQuay, I learned alot of vital information and the in's and out's of the HVAC industry. I was fortunate to work amongst true professionals that were masters in thier trade and devoted hard working individuals. The hardest part of my job was if I was not able to come in due to an emergency and the most enjoyable part was being there everyday.
Pros
free lunches, monthy birthday celebrations
Cons
contract job
Welcoming place with large diversity of cultures and ethnicity.
Development Engineer - Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 11, 2013
Very nice floor layout with a good balance of office space, conference room, and technical center. Recently renovated a new cafeteria and fitness center to promote health and well-being. Extremely nice co-workers who are willing to put everything down to help you out. The best part of this job is extreme flexibility of your working hours and what you do during those times.
Pros
New Cafeteria, comfortable office space
Cons
Poor internet service and IT.
was a good place to work.
Brazer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYNovember 25, 2015
Excellent benefits.people are nice to work with. To bad it is closing. Good money.Alot of overtime. Thought I would retire there.
many machining and working skills.
Up Operator (Former Employee) –  relocatedOctober 11, 2015
I worked here for over twenty years. Not sure what else to say. I learned and did many different work skills. Production and hands on skills.
Steer clear of this company if at all possible
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Management is incompetent and able to do whatever they want. No money is spent of the office, or any equipment that is needed to get the job done. You are responsible for learning everything possible about the company with no help from anyone and are expected to have it understood before you start. If not, then you will get disciplined and told that you should have known better. If you cost money in any way possible to the company, then you are not doing something right. Have thick skin, because they can say anything they want to you without any recourse. HR does NOTHING to change the situation either. If you want to give everything to a company and expect nothing in return, then this is the place for you.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Horrible Management, lack of training, clueless employees, back-stabbing, use everything you say or do against you.
Do not work here!
Designer (Former Employee) –  PlymouthJanuary 31, 2014
Very negative experience working here. Very high turnover. Management comes down so hard on their best and brightest employees that they quit without having another job lined up. Physical and mental abuse abuse of employees is accepted here.
Pros
There are a few good people here.
Cons
Management has no respect for their employees.
A good place to work in enterprise IT
Level 3 Desktop Technician IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Verona VAJuly 2, 2015
A typical day starts with a quick clean up of critical issues from the previous night, followed by responding to customer service tickets that have been prioritized.
I have learned the basics of IT service desk operations, the troubleshooting steps and repair of enterprise software.
The management of the IT department here is very good and allows us to work at our own pace and with little interference. The job expectations are great with the support of a factory as well as 250 users for my position.
The co-workers are an easy bunch to work with in time, though they are critical until they know and are comfortable with the skills.
The hardest part of the job is the unceasing demands and reprioritizing of tickets due to the number of requests that come into my office.
The most enjoyable part is the chance to effect efficiency with technology and the development of processes and software integration.
Pros
Good group of people to work with
Cons
Ther are a lot of demands, fast pace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Daikin Applied. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7