OVERVIEW: This salaried position reports directly to the CFO. Responsibilities include cost accounting support for Smith Dairy Products Company and Wayne Dairy Products Incorporated as well as financial analysis, planning and forecasting for the Schmid Incorporated family of companies and Smith Dairy Products Company. This position works with almost all functional areas of the company to assist with capital and financial planning, scenario, pricing, ROI analysis and other financial projects. This is a high-profile position with many interactions at all levels of the organization. Excellent communication, a strong financial background, a good track record of personnel development and leadership are required skills for this position.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Supervise cost accounting function for Smith Dairy Products Company (Orrville, OH) and Wayne Dairy Products Incorporated (Richmond, IN)
- Maintain and update standard costs at least annually
- Understand market-based elements of milk costing, understand processes of a dairy and beverage operation, and supervise the monthly update of ingredient and packaging costs
- Ensure margin protection through accurate costs, timely price changes, and sales support
- Provide input and feedback during bid process for costing elements
- Lead the annual planning process, including financial input to strategic plan, operating plan and capital plan
- Develop and maintain quarterly forecasting process
- Provide analysis on monthly financial statements
- Take Finance lead in assigned projects/teams or assist staff to lead projects.
- Identify opportunities for growth and development with staff, including assignment of team/project leadership opportunities
- Develop cross-training/succession plan for team
- Work with other managers to provide financial input on projects
- Assist with year-end close duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned
REPORTING AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Reports directly to the CFO.
- Works closely with Accounting, IT, Administrative Support
- Provides support to all functional groups (EX: Production, Supply Chain, Sales and Marketing)
- Positions reporting directly to this role include: two cost accountants and one business analyst manager
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX, AS400, OnBase, Targit, Budget Maestro and Salient is a plus
- Must have experience leading a Budgeting/Forecasting process including working with related software packages
- Cost Accounting
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, including written and oral presentation skills
- Extensive experience leading and developing a team of associates
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Project Management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field required.
- Eight years of supervisory experience.
- MBA and/or professional certification is preferred.
DAYS & HOURS: OR EXPECTED WORK SCHEDULE:
- Monday – Friday- up to at least forty-five hours per week
- Additional hours and days (holidays, week-ends) as required
- Must have the ability to travel to other facilities or for training if required
WAGES AND BENEFITS:
- Salaried position
- 401 K, life insurance, disability pay, health insurance