DAIRY FARMERS OF AMERICA, INC. Employee Reviews

Great Pay
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 15, 2017
My job is quite physical but rewarding. This job has a lot to offer employees as far as pay and benefits. Management needs improving but if you can do your job and learn fast you will do well.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Temps
ok
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Wilmington, PAFebruary 13, 2017
started there in my senior year of high school. i learned a lot from everyone there. it was a very nice place to work. very educational. there were no hard days there.
Interesting accounting work for a dairy processor, but leaves you somewhat unprepared to work at other businesses.
Accounting Manager/Controller (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 7, 2017
Typical day is long and exhausting. Workplace culture is strained and unsure of the future of the company or your job.

A lot of movement and consolidation of offices and lack of confidence in upper management.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Unstable work environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Schulenburg, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Learned how to work in food production environment. management was good. workplace felt as through it was a " good ol boy network" if you did not live there your whole life they ran you off.
Great Benefits, Very Little Micro Managing
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2017
Nice place to work, a lot of employee interaction with outside programs.
HR and Management have a lot to learn when it comes to releasing an employee from their position. When they decided to dissolve the transportation department they gave me no warning, I was totally surprised two weeks before Christmas. Other wise very nice people to work with.
Pros
Free Butter and Cheese at holidays
Cons
Upper Management see's their employees as a number
The job had a steep learning curb.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 10, 2017
I was responsible for 12 different work stations. The work day was twelve hours with the possibility of eight hours forced over-time. The hardest part of the job was learning/qualifying on 12 different jobs in a 90 day time frame. The most enjoyable part of the job was qualifying on 12 different jobs in 80 days!
I found the work environment to be satisfactory and the company produced a quality product.
Machine Repairman (Former Employee) –  Cass City, MIDecember 12, 2016
I enjoyed the work schedule, work four days, off three days.
My work day would start with preventive maintenance work orders and repair work orders. After all work orders were completed I would talk to the operators to see if they had any concerns with the machines or operations. I found the operators to be very knowledgeable of the operations and used there insights when troubleshooting. The hardest part of the job was, there is only one machine repairman per shift. There were times that an extra pair of trained hands would have been useful and safer. I learned many new things from using tools that were new to me and new control devices for machines that I have not worked with before. I found all my team mates easy to work with and very helpful. This was a new start up plant everybody was learning something new every day and we all shared what we learned for our future reference.
Pros
I liked the work schedule.
Cons
Working alone, not safe sometimes.
hard work but fair
Laborer (Current Employee) –  New Wilmington, PANovember 12, 2016
job is on of the hardest out there you would be tested but its well work it you will have to shovel around 1000 pounds of cheese ever 15 mins or load cheese in a cage loading cheese is super easy but boring.
Pros
good paying job
Cons
short breaks for all the hard work
It's always busy there.
QC- Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 5, 2016
I was not very happy working at DFA and there was a lot of pressure and workload. The pay was good but too much work and not what I expected.
Pros
Good pay, Health insurance, Member of Union after 90 days.
Cons
Short training, No second chance; one mistake and you're fired.
A very good place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cabool, MOOctober 12, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Dairy Farmers of America. I learned a lot about quality control. Management and coworkers were all very good to work with and were willing to teach you what you needed to know. The hardest part was when the product would get damaged.
This was a fast paced place to work for.
Production Laborer industrial cleaning (Former Employee) –  West Middlesex, PAOctober 6, 2016
Productive and very fast paced. Everyone in the plant worked as a team. The supervisors where easy to get along with. I worked on the production line and many other areas of the plant.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Very busy plant
Plant Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 22, 2016
Walk the production floor to identify any bottle neck opportunities and plant cleanliness. Direct line leads/supervisors of findings. Look into SAP for completed goods from previous day as well as production downtime and Kronos for daily completions.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Health care expensive, plant manager uncarring about employees
Fast pace environment
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 20, 2016
At Dfa we manufacture the highest quality food ingredients, fast pace environment that offers employees opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Dfa has the highest industry standards for safe quality foods
Cons
Current supervisors seem to be set in there old ways of doing business, the food industry and regulatory laws are changing rapidly.
Nice place to work at
Production Foreman (Former Employee) –  Hughson, CASeptember 19, 2016
A typical day was milk trucks arriving, un-loading, running the evaporator, dryer, etc. I learned to become a self starter and get things done without having to be told.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
woking weekends, holiday, rotating days
It was hard work for good money.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  New Wilmington, PASeptember 18, 2016
It was am honest job, with good money. But the way things were handled by management was a big down fall. You weren't able to have a life outside of dfa.
Thanks DFA!
Supply Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas CityAugust 5, 2016
My time at DFA was great. The co. does a nice job of working to improve processes, systems and developing employees. I had many of my co-workers who received promotions and have grown into excellent leaders. It was great to work for a company who represents and supports thousands of dairy farmers around the country.
Pros
good work culture, solid pay and benefits, good people who care about what they do
Unprofessional environment
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMJuly 27, 2016
If your looking for a place that doesn't see you as a person or like being belittled, this is the company to work for then. This company is a joke, HR does not know their labor laws and fires people based on gossip and who won't kiss their butts. They work you like a pack mule and expect you to work over your pay grade without being compensated at all. They bypass anyone for any higher position that they feel won't bend to their will.
Great Job
Pilot Plant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WIJune 22, 2016
Enjoyed my job with DFA, but unfortunately the factory was closed in 2015, leaving me searching for new work. Working in the office meant I could set up my own schedule to finish my tasks, and I could do so at a pace that was comfortable for me. However, there were a great many documents which had to be manually drafted, which was time consuming, but not unpleasant. I would guess if the plant hadn't been destined for being closed, I may have been able to advance in my job, but because I cannot say that for sure, I rated it lower.
work everyday get days off rarely
Palletizer and Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Schulenburg, TXJune 22, 2016
work two weeks straight usually. sometimes forced to work 20-30 days in a row with out days off. management is pretty wishy washy. can never get a straight answer from management. hot sweat shop. you get 1 thrity minute break a day. the employees are angry and seem bitter at times. its a hard place to work.
Pros
good insurance
Shift Lead
General Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Schulenburg TexasJune 13, 2016
I left due to working only nights. I did love to work with the group of guy in the shop, by not the people outside of the shop

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DAIRY FARMERS OF AMERICA, INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

DAIRY FARMERS OF AMERICA, INC. Reviews by Location