Dairy Farmers of America

Dairy Farmers of America Employee Reviews

Great Workplace!
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMay 15, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: none
I absolutely loved this job because I did a lot of data entry which I love. I had great coworkers and a great boss to work with.
Milk Logistics Company
Staff Accountant/Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 13, 2015
I learned about the process of procuring milk from the cow to how it got on the grocery store shelves. They were implementing SAP Financials which is I where I received my SAP experience.
decent work
Processor (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAApril 22, 2015
It is easy work for what you get paid. Not real straining, but you do work mandatory weekends. Supervisors are nice and co workers are friendly.
Was an ok place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Goshen, INApril 16, 2015
It was a good paying and honest job. One think that was lacking was the opportunity for advancement in ones career. All and all though it was a good secure job.
Great Place to work
SAP PM Business Analyst (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 27, 2015
It is great organization to work and you can advance your career. Work culture is pretty good working as an individual or as a team. I learned some new skills with the help of team members and management of work is good. Have to work extra hours and have to travel to work sites, but it is enjoyable as it will help you to have practical knowledge.
Great paying job that has great benefits.
Master Plant Receiving Operator (Former Employee), Monett, MOMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: lack of proper training, false documentation of training
DFA was a really good job when concerning the pay and benefits. The management was good but also depended on what department you were in. Overall it was a good place to work for because of the pay.
Great place to earn a living.
Utility Operator (Former Employee), Portales, NMFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great work environment, competitive wages
Cons: long hours
-12 hour work day
-Learned lots of technical skills
-Management communicates well with workers
-Co-workers are all friendly and hard working
-Hardest aspect of the job is long hours
-Most enjoyable aspect is the benefits and pay
An extremely busy company
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Schulenburg, TXJanuary 29, 2015
The company is great to work for and reward people for hard work. The hours are long and the management team is actively helping the team grow
Fun job
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: job relocated to kansas city
Loved co-workers
Job relocated to Kansas City. I was offered a opportunity to relocate with the company but was not in a position at that time in my life to make the move.
Productive and fun workplace
Skilled Reliever (Former Employee), Turlock, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good work experience
A typical day at work would be to first check in with management to see what needed to be done for the day. The second thing and most importantly was to make shore I had my Personal Protective Equipment on. The hardest part of my job would be the dead lines, however the most enjoyable part was to meet those dead lines with the job done well and safe.
Mainly alot of temps. Dose'nt pay well, Fulltime employees hardly work.
Production, Machine Operator (Current Employee), Turlock, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: it's a job.
Cons: cant make a decent living.
I have first of all appreciated a job period. I have been looking for a solid permanent job for some time. Went through a Temp. service under the pre-employment class that we will make up to $14.00 an hour. Misled, only $10.00 and hour, with the possibility of being hired after four months. NOT SO. After working as hard as I do(and make half the wages) I have come to the conclusion that they hire temps. to make the fulltime employees look good. It is hard to have a positive attitude when after working twice as hard as fulltime employees, I don't have $20.00 left over for a cheap pair of shoes . Cant make a decent living. I as far as my job duties, run different areas , operate the assembly line, packaging, oversee product for improper packaging to be sent back. cleaning, OMA , which is part of the whole machine for packaging, trouble shooting for any problems,and any other tasks assigned.
Good group of guys
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), MNNovember 18, 2014
Pros: will become well rounded, good atmosphere
Cons: rotating shifts, not a place for a new mechanic to start out.
Plant atmosphere is pretty good. Most everyone gets along and works together.
I had a lot of fun practicing tig welding and became fairly decent at it.

This is a job for a more seasoned mechanic who has some experience trouble shooting. I just didnt have the experience needed to meet managers expectations.

If your looking for a decent place to work with good people and you have a good handle on electrical trouble shooting, this is a great place to work.
Great company, needs work
Marketing (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYOctober 22, 2014
While it was a great place to be and taught me a lot about myself while giving me a great appreciation for the dairy industry, leadership really needs to work on their communication with employees and not being so secretive. They care about their members, but are highly unprofessional from a business standpoint.
Productive and demanding.
Lab Technician/Laborer/Machine Operator (Current Employee), New Wilmington, PASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great pay.
Cons: work every holiday.
Learned many skills at DFA. Job advancement is pretty easy due to the high turn over rate. Management is working to improve. The hardest part of the job was working every holiday. Most rewarding part of the job is making a high quality product for our customers.
Upper management is playing Game of Thrones
Employee (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 14, 2014
Imagine survivor meets Game of Thrones - that's DFA management in a nutshell.
Challenging, yet rewarding position
Regional Business Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSAugust 13, 2014
I didn't have a typical day. Which is something I loved about this job. I worked out of my home and traveled a good portion of the time. I was responsible for selling DFA's consumer brands. My customer was AWG, which housed 7 divisions. I called on the corporate office as well as the independent retailers that pulled from this wholesaler. Building relationships with my customers was far-and-away the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part was working to provide the customer with the best promotional fit, based on it's go to market.
DFA is a good place to work
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Portales, NMJuly 22, 2014
Pros: enjoyable place to work
Cons: being away from my kids and grandkids in roswell
I work 3 pm to 3 am. Nights do not bother me at all. I am in charge of the day to day operations of the plant from receiving milk to the finished packaging of the powder. I have learned a lot about SAP and other management styles. The co workers here are great. They are hard working. The hardest part about the job is being away from my family in the evenings and being away from my grandkids and kids in Roswell. I enjoy working with the team we have.
Good people, good pay, plenty of job options.
Production Laborer (Former Employee), New Wilmington, PAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: met some good people, and good pay.
Cons: no set weekly schedule.
Get dressed into uniform, punch in, do mandatory stretches for about 10 minutes. Get all my necessities like my apron, gloves etc. Did my duties, while talking and some what joking around with fellow employees, would have lunch when someone available could take my place and come back and finish through til paper work needed finished and turned in. Then punch out get dressed and go home. Made a good bit of friends there, some really good people, managers and supervisors included. I really liked my job there.
Productive and fast paced workplace.
Production associate (Former Employee), Ventura, CAJuly 1, 2014
The day normally started out with loading product and unloading materials however i was certified through the company to operate many of the machines in the warehouse so if any employee had called in sick I might be switched to operate whichever machine was needed for the day. I enjoyed learning all the controls for the many machines, they were tricky at first but didn't take long to get down.
Long hours, hard work, great team atmoshere.
Filler Operator (Former Employee), New Britain, CTJune 27, 2014
Pros: uniforms, overtime
Cons: low starting pay, stressful work enviroment
If you like working as part of a team and don't mind some overtime, it's not a bad job. Management focuses heavily on the numbers so mark down any "down time" or your efficiency numbers will be skewed. The pay isn't great, but, with the overtime, it's not so bad. Good benefits, uniforms, they buy you two pairs of boots every year (your choice) and all the milk you can drink...I'm kidding. There are a lot of good people at Guida's Dairy in New Britain and I enjoyed my time working there.

1 2 3

About Dairy Farmers of America

The members of Dairy Farmers of America (DFA) are partners in cream. DFA is one of the world's largest dairy cooperatives, with┬ásome – Read more

Dairy Farmers of America Salaries

$36,000 per year
Operator
$46,000 per year

Dairy Farmers of America Photos

Group photo with most of the DFA interns.