Dairy Farmers of America

Dairy Farmers of America Employee Reviews

DFA Fallon is close-knit plant making work enjoyable.
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee), Fallon, NVJune 2, 2015
Pros: Simple operation, management easy to work with, family oriented
Cons: Health care benefits, vacation
DFA is a large coop with much diversity.

The hardest part of the job is lack of Corporate support in training and implementing of Corporate policies and procedures at a plant level. Their lack of knowledge of a new plant start up has made things more difficult. They had the opportunity to be part of plant design to include GFSI, Regulatory, and Safety requirements.

There does not seem to be much collaboration between DFA plants. They all operate as separate entities rather than one company. There is not a state of the art document control system which is key in maintaining consistency among so many plants.

DFA has many good procedures to build upon, which is beneficial when starting a new plant.
12 hour shifts , 6 days a week, great money ,
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Ventura CAJune 2, 2015
Every day is the Same, you get to work operate your machine. Conduct routine quality checks throughout your shift. Everyone works 12 hour shifts, 6 days a week. Very rarely get 2 day weekend.
Fast paced, overtime demanding three company joint effort.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Ventura, CAMay 31, 2015
It was work. Fast paced facilities always live on spur of the moment breakage. Product driven.

A typical day way ten to twelve long, with a few breaks. Repairs were accomplished quickly and at a moments notice. Important to remember to keep a well stock parts bin.
Great place to work but no advancment possible
Sr. Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Springfield MissouriMay 19, 2015
Pros: Friendly People
Cons: No advancement
The work hours are semi-flexible, the benefits are great. I have worked for DFA for 9 years and I have no major complaints. The position I am in has no advancement opportunities and I cannot transfer to a different department without moving to another State.
Great Workplace!
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMay 15, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: none
I absolutely loved this job because I did a lot of data entry which I love. I had great coworkers and a great boss to work with.
Milk Logistics Company
Staff Accountant/Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 13, 2015
I learned about the process of procuring milk from the cow to how it got on the grocery store shelves. They were implementing SAP Financials which is I where I received my SAP experience.
decent work
Processor (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PAApril 22, 2015
It is easy work for what you get paid. Not real straining, but you do work mandatory weekends. Supervisors are nice and co workers are friendly.
Was an ok place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Goshen, INApril 16, 2015
It was a good paying and honest job. One think that was lacking was the opportunity for advancement in ones career. All and all though it was a good secure job.
Great Place to work
SAP PM Business Analyst (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 27, 2015
It is great organization to work and you can advance your career. Work culture is pretty good working as an individual or as a team. I learned some new skills with the help of team members and management of work is good. Have to work extra hours and have to travel to work sites, but it is enjoyable as it will help you to have practical knowledge.
Great paying job that has great benefits.
Master Plant Receiving Operator (Former Employee), Monett, MOMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: lack of proper training, false documentation of training
DFA was a really good job when concerning the pay and benefits. The management was good but also depended on what department you were in. Overall it was a good place to work for because of the pay.
Great place to earn a living.
Utility Operator (Former Employee), Portales, NMFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great work environment, competitive wages
Cons: long hours
-12 hour work day
-Learned lots of technical skills
-Management communicates well with workers
-Co-workers are all friendly and hard working
-Hardest aspect of the job is long hours
-Most enjoyable aspect is the benefits and pay
An extremely busy company
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Schulenburg, TXJanuary 29, 2015
The company is great to work for and reward people for hard work. The hours are long and the management team is actively helping the team grow
Fun job
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: job relocated to kansas city
Loved co-workers
Job relocated to Kansas City. I was offered a opportunity to relocate with the company but was not in a position at that time in my life to make the move.
Productive and fun workplace
Skilled Reliever (Former Employee), Turlock, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good work experience
A typical day at work would be to first check in with management to see what needed to be done for the day. The second thing and most importantly was to make shore I had my Personal Protective Equipment on. The hardest part of my job would be the dead lines, however the most enjoyable part was to meet those dead lines with the job done well and safe.
Mainly alot of temps. Dose'nt pay well, Fulltime employees hardly work.
Production, Machine Operator (Current Employee), Turlock, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: it's a job.
Cons: cant make a decent living.
I have first of all appreciated a job period. I have been looking for a solid permanent job for some time. Went through a Temp. service under the pre-employment class that we will make up to $14.00 an hour. Misled, only $10.00 and hour, with the possibility of being hired after four months. NOT SO. After working as hard as I do(and make half the wages) I have come to the conclusion that they hire temps. to make the fulltime employees look good. It is hard to have a positive attitude when after working twice as hard as fulltime employees, I don't have $20.00 left over for a cheap pair of shoes . Cant make a decent living. I as far as my job duties, run different areas , operate the assembly line, packaging, oversee product for improper packaging to be sent back. cleaning, OMA , which is part of the whole machine for packaging, trouble shooting for any problems,and any other tasks assigned.
Good group of guys
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), MNNovember 18, 2014
Pros: will become well rounded, good atmosphere
Cons: rotating shifts, not a place for a new mechanic to start out.
Plant atmosphere is pretty good. Most everyone gets along and works together.
I had a lot of fun practicing tig welding and became fairly decent at it.

This is a job for a more seasoned mechanic who has some experience trouble shooting. I just didnt have the experience needed to meet managers expectations.

If your looking for a decent place to work with good people and you have a good handle on electrical trouble shooting, this is a great place to work.
Great company, needs work
Marketing (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYOctober 22, 2014
While it was a great place to be and taught me a lot about myself while giving me a great appreciation for the dairy industry, leadership really needs to work on their communication with employees and not being so secretive. They care about their members, but are highly unprofessional from a business standpoint.
Productive and demanding.
Lab Technician/Laborer/Machine Operator (Current Employee), New Wilmington, PASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great pay.
Cons: work every holiday.
Learned many skills at DFA. Job advancement is pretty easy due to the high turn over rate. Management is working to improve. The hardest part of the job was working every holiday. Most rewarding part of the job is making a high quality product for our customers.
Upper management is playing Game of Thrones
Employee (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 14, 2014
Imagine survivor meets Game of Thrones - that's DFA management in a nutshell.
Challenging, yet rewarding position
Regional Business Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSAugust 13, 2014
I didn't have a typical day. Which is something I loved about this job. I worked out of my home and traveled a good portion of the time. I was responsible for selling DFA's consumer brands. My customer was AWG, which housed 7 divisions. I called on the corporate office as well as the independent retailers that pulled from this wholesaler. Building relationships with my customers was far-and-away the most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part was working to provide the customer with the best promotional fit, based on it's go to market.

1 2 3 4

About Dairy Farmers of America

The members of Dairy Farmers of America (DFA) are partners in cream. DFA is one of the world's largest dairy cooperatives, with┬ásome – Read more

Dairy Farmers of America Salaries

$40,000 per year
Laborer
$36,000 per year

Dairy Farmers of America Photos

Group photo with most of the DFA interns.