Dairy Farmers of America Employee Reviews

Monotonous
Summer Help (Former Employee) –  West Middlesex, PAJanuary 4, 2016
I worked on the same line for 8 to 12 hours depending on my shift. I had a break every 2 hours or so but other than that I was doing the same job all day. I learned that this kind of work, although boring and monotonous, is important. My co-workers were not friendly all the time so made the job more difficult and at times it made me not want to be there at all.
Process Utility Tech. / Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Cass City, MIDecember 14, 2015
A good place to work, with great co-workers and a nice, understanding management. Must be able to pay attention to fine details and always be thinking ahead.
Good Money but be ready to earn it
parts manager (Current Employee) –  New Wilmington, PANovember 23, 2015
If you are applying here better get ready to work for your money but its good money but very long hours most positions are 10-12 hour shifts. stupid management though
Shutting Down
Sanitation Tech (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, WINovember 12, 2015
Was a fun place to work with good coworkers and management. The amount of hours worked were a little high. However, that is why our paychecks were big as well.
Accounting
ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Winnsboro, TXNovember 9, 2015
A typical work day included accounting payable/receivable. I learned how to navigate through sap system. The management that was directly over me was below standards. Co workers were decent. The hardest part of the day was trying to find a stopping point. The most enjoyable part was being in the office with my co pilot.
Cons
KRONOS
My Position
Environmental and Quality Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, WIOctober 27, 2015
Through my time with Dairy Farmers of America - Plymouth, WI, I have obtained my Cheese Graders License, Certified in HACCP and SQF. I have gained confidence in auditing with outside agencies. I had begun work with environmental and PSM/RMP (ammonia regulations). I established a grading program, was in the process of establishing my documents for SQF, environmental and PSM/RMP online. I went through documentation and made sure it was correct and up to date.

My manager was very supportive and encouraged me to obtain the certification and license. If ever I needed help, she would be there.
I got along well with my co-workers. We worked as a team.

There wasn't any part of my job that I would consider hard, other than when the plant closed. The most enjoyably part was creating my own path.
Was a decent place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, WIOctober 4, 2015
The company did provide decent benefits for the workers. The company is closing the doors at the middle of December. The company as a whole treated you with respect.
Benefits
Cons
Plant closeing
The challenge of the job, and the employees work so hard for me.
Sanitation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, WIOctober 3, 2015
I really enjoy working here, and the group of employees that I had are really hard works and an awesome group of guys. But one of the best group of sanitation techs I've had.
Follow supervisor are great to work with, and we have really supported each other and helped each other.
Always Busy
Workforce Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, WISeptember 15, 2015
There is never a dull moment. Must be quick and able to adapt to last minute changes. The most difficult part of my job is the constant change but it keeps the day moving quickly. Management is not always the most helpful either.
Hard to rate company based off of one location
Lead Electrical Automation Technician (Former Employee) –  Lovington, NMSeptember 2, 2015
ok, so the review is required. So all I can tell you is about where I worked. There was huge lack of quality workforce in that location. Management came in and tried to clean house a couple times, had to shut that location down eventually.
Very professional when it comes to management
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 16, 2015
This company is a great place to work.
I'm being given opportunity to learn new skills which will help improve my skills.
Don't Value Their Employees
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 4, 2015
They love to talk about their mission statement and values, but they are complete hypocrites. Within the last 2 years they've had almost 90% turnover on management. Corporate comes around and people start "resigning". All management cares about it the bottom line. They pay good, but that's the ONLY good thing about this place. 6 Days a week, 12 hour shifts and in the summer is over 100 degrees inside. Its not worth it, worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Management, Hours, Co-workers, Politics, Corporate, Benefits, Time Off, Incidents, Sick time, HR
Like the different routes I go on
Tanker Driver DFA (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 29, 2015
Good company, they're really big on safety. The pay is good. The work is mostly local. Cool people to work with. Equipment is a little older but they are currently buying new trucks. The mechanics take really good care of the trucks and trailers.
DFA Fallon is close-knit plant making work enjoyable.
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Fallon, NVJune 2, 2015
DFA is a large coop with much diversity.

The hardest part of the job is lack of Corporate support in training and implementing of Corporate policies and procedures at a plant level. Their lack of knowledge of a new plant start up has made things more difficult. They had the opportunity to be part of plant design to include GFSI, Regulatory, and Safety requirements.

There does not seem to be much collaboration between DFA plants. They all operate as separate entities rather than one company. There is not a state of the art document control system which is key in maintaining consistency among so many plants.

DFA has many good procedures to build upon, which is beneficial when starting a new plant.
Pros
Simple operation, management easy to work with, family oriented
Cons
Health care benefits, vacation
12 hour shifts , 6 days a week, great money ,
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Ventura CAJune 2, 2015
Every day is the Same, you get to work operate your machine. Conduct routine quality checks throughout your shift. Everyone works 12 hour shifts, 6 days a week. Very rarely get 2 day weekend.
Fast paced, overtime demanding three company joint effort.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAMay 31, 2015
It was work. Fast paced facilities always live on spur of the moment breakage. Product driven.

A typical day way ten to twelve long, with a few breaks. Repairs were accomplished quickly and at a moments notice. Important to remember to keep a well stock parts bin.
Great place to work but no advancment possible
Sr. Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield MissouriMay 19, 2015
The work hours are semi-flexible, the benefits are great. I have worked for DFA for 9 years and I have no major complaints. The position I am in has no advancement opportunities and I cannot transfer to a different department without moving to another State.
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
No advancement
Great Workplace!
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 15, 2015
I absolutely loved this job because I did a lot of data entry which I love. I had great coworkers and a great boss to work with.
Pros
Flexibility
Milk Logistics Company
Staff Accountant/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 13, 2015
I learned about the process of procuring milk from the cow to how it got on the grocery store shelves. They were implementing SAP Financials which is I where I received my SAP experience.
decent work
Processor (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 22, 2015
It is easy work for what you get paid. Not real straining, but you do work mandatory weekends. Supervisors are nice and co workers are friendly.