Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Excellent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2018
It's a great place to work I would highly recommend it to anyone. I think that it's an amazing place and the environment was great. The food is good and a lot of fun.
I Recommend This Job as a First Time Job
Server (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 21, 2018
Pay was not the best, but I grew the most from this job since it was my first job. The stressful environment allowed me to become more confident in my customer service ability and work with others.
Pros
Helpful team and allows you to grow and learn from the fast paced job
Cons
Low wage and some coworkers can be disrespectful which is every environment honestly
Terrible environment
General Worker (Current Employee) –  Scappoose, ORJanuary 21, 2018
Average work days includes overwork, being yelled at, and constant nonconstructive criticisms. Managers don't lead by example and constantly bend the rules in their favor. Inconsistent scheduling, and poorly constructed.
Only if your desperate
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 21, 2018
This job is brutal a stressful everyday it feels as though I'm sticking a nail through my foot only to do it all over agian the next day. It's a good place to start off but I don't recommend staying long term
Pros
Experencen
Cons
Stressful
productive and fun workplace
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 21, 2018
Everyone at Dairy Queen is laid back but can also be very professional when the time came. Managers were always friendly and good at what they do as well as everyone else there.
Pros
employees get 50% off
Dairy Queen
Cashier and Waiter/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 21, 2018
Dairy Queen is not a steady job fro someone looking for a career hours are minimal and very few. In the winter time hours are cut daily and very hard to make ends meet
Very productive
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYJanuary 21, 2018
Everything was set out perfectly and things stayed organized. It was a comfortable working environment. The people were super friendly and seemed like family.
Okay, fast paced and poorly run
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTJanuary 20, 2018
Employees are not very respectful to each other and foul language. Very fast paced and all the bad jobs got put on the new employees. Very poor management!
Nice people to work with
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOJanuary 20, 2018
I enjoyed learning & working with people. I learned how to run the cash register, drive thru, & serve various foods. I also learned some cleaning duties.
Pros
Free food was a plus
Cons
closing during the school week
Fun and creative
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJanuary 20, 2018
Fun and enjoyable work place. Sometimes competitive but fun at yhe same time. Management was great. Team members are great. Everyone worked hard and together
I enjoyed working here, it was pleasant
Counter Person (Former Employee) –  Maple Valley, WAJanuary 20, 2018
It wasn't too hard, and it certainly wasn't too easy. It made me challenge myself, and take proactive measures to pass the time more efficiently. I enjoyed my stay as a Dairy Queen employee.
Management complete joke
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Muldraugh, KYJanuary 19, 2018
I worked here about a month and the management was terrible . I Hardly got hours. It was a very low pay . Everyone was very rude to customers and new employees
Pros
Cons
Very rude
It’s fast paced and can be stressful.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sweet Home, ORJanuary 19, 2018
Depending on who you are working with, working at Dairy Queen can go both ways. Sometimes things run smoothly because the crew can handle the work pace and be productive. Other times when we are busy people get flustered and customers aren’t always the nicest.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No health benefits, no over time
Very good place to work at everyone is very nice
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 19, 2018
My review is if you get a chance to work for them do it very good people and they will work around you . The CEO is a very good woman. And the customers are great and very friendly
Great job
Server/cashier (Former Employee) –  Barron, WIJanuary 19, 2018
I loved this job, it just was a temporary job and wasn't really in my career path but the job was amazing and I loved it the people are great the job was fun overall.
Pros
Great job overall
Cons
Not a lucrative career
Fast Paced
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 18, 2018
Dairy was a very paced job a typical work day was serving and making anywhere rom 15 to 20 blizzards in 30 mins or less along with the deserts we provided. I worked along side people who were from out of the country from Russia and belrose so there was a bit of a language barrier between co workers at times and customers but ultimately after time passed we were able to understand each other it just took time. Being there I learned how to improve my multi tasking skills verbal skills giving more eye contact giving as much detail to the customer as possible.also take a leadership role by training others improved my overall performance at work and made me more receptive to constructive criticism. Overall I enjoyed my time there and the people I worked with
Pros
discount on prices
Cons
customers complaining about the timed parking
fun place to work
manager (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 18, 2018
very fast paced environment with a lot of good staff you also got to know your customers well we were like family all staffed worked well together.there was just no room for growth
Pros
great enviorment
Cons
no room for advancement
Fun and full of new experiences to be learned for first job
managing and sales (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJanuary 18, 2018
If you are in High School and trying to find your first job I would recommend working at a DQ because you will learn a lot of valuable lessons to prepare you for your future jobs.
productive and friendly work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 18, 2018
All my co workers were so welcoming and friendly, we always kept good conversations between eachother and they were always supportive and understanding. When it came to training someone they were really hands on and persistent on keeping you on track without being too bossy. It was like a big family.
Pros
50% off on all food products while on the job, and 25% off when you were off the clock, paid 10 min breaks
job for teens
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 18, 2018
This is a job for kids trying to get out of their parents house not for parents or adults with kids trying to make a living. No free meals, no benefits, no direct deposit. 6 mandatory work days.
Pros
Cons
explained in review