Dairy Queen Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,717 reviews matching the search
Cashier and Treats (Former Employee) –  Devils Lake, NDApril 29, 2016
It was an ok place to work except I wasn't paid what I was promised and they weren't very nice when I had to call in. The hardest part of this job was the fact that we only got one break. That is one chance to sit down in 5 hours.
Pros
Kinda fun environment
Cons
Only $8 an hour when I was promised $8.50
Great place
Cahier (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAApril 29, 2016
Dairy Queen is a great place to work at, it's very organized and the people are extremely friendly. A typical day at work was very difficult at first because there was so much to learn but after a while you get a hang of it and it becomes pretty easy going though there is never time to just stand around because something can always be done. The hardest part of the job is the customers. I enjoy the people at work the most.
Very nice experience.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, TXApril 28, 2016
On a typical work day; I would be responsible for preparing all ordered food items as well as keep the kitchen clean and organized. The job itself was fairly straight forward and required only common sense to understand what it entailed.
Good Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 28, 2016
The typical work day was busy on and off. The management was good and they work with you easily if you needed something. the co-workers were at the most part reliable sometimes they would have disagreements but always kept it professional. the hardest part of the work day was Friday nights after football games when there was a huge rush. the most enjoyable part of the job was learning an experience and getting to know new people.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Elko, NV 89801April 27, 2016
- Providing customer service, restocking cups, candy, etc.
- Learned how to greet customers properly, to work fast paced
- Communicating with coworkers to see what needs to be done, helping one another
- Dealing with unhappy customers
- You interact with many people and learn good team work.
Cons
Short breaks / No breaks
It was a good starter job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Noonday, TXApril 27, 2016
The overall experience was decent, but we were often times understaffed with minimal management. Most of my time was spent working in the kitchen or drive thru alone while many of the managers talked or remained in the office. I appreciate the job I was given, but I sincerely do not wish to work there ever again.
Pros
friendly environment, great customers
Cons
Short break(if you even get one), poor management and direction
Fun
Cashier / Server (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNApril 26, 2016
Overall, A great experience for a first job, but nothing more than that. The hours were flexible, but the management wasn't very good. Very hectic in the summer.
Pros
Fun work crew
Cons
Short breaks
Great
Cashier/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, TXApril 26, 2016
I love the manager and staff they work with your schedule and they treat you like family. Great choice of a job. Great people
Interesting workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 25, 2016
Overall my experience was great. There were certain things that could have been much better, but it was something new that I learned during the time I was there. My co-workers were great people to be around. Also, management wasn't so good.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Unorganized business place
Fun, fast-paced environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2016
Although a typical work day included many hungry customers, I always enjoyed meeting the various types of people that came through the doors.
There was always something new to learn and experience, whether from the customers or from the other staff members.
The managers were always super friendly and helpful.
Pros
Customers, Food, Managers
Cons
Busy workdays
Good Job to Rely on
SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 25, 2016
A typical day at work is: clocking in and being ready for customers right away, being prepared to take on anything from customers and sometimes co-workers. What I learned was to have patience with people and to be a lot quicker and doing things at a fast pace. Our co-workers are nice and easy going most of them hard workers, but there are always some people that do not like to work and are lazy. Hardest part of the job is picking up the work that another person is slacking on. The most enjoyable part of my job is enjoying and having fun with all of the employees while still working hard. Another enjoyable part is meeting new people and seeing a smile on our customer's faces as they leave, and bonding with some of the frequent customers.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Not really any breaks, really slow during the winter
Could have been better
Cashier (Former Employee) –  De Kalb, TX 75559April 22, 2016
A typical at Dairy queen always started out good but by the end the head manger would always turn it upside down no matter how great of a job i did. I learned alot for my first job more about the old timing register. Co- workers were great! Hardest part would be keeping the bathroom clean while also working front desk and Drive thru. M ost enjoyable the customers loved me and always greeted me with a smile and they felt very comfortable for me to talk to them.
Pros
Ice Cream and Customers, Co- Workers
Cons
Head Manager
Fun workplace, little advancement opportunity, flexible schedule, close to home
Cold Kitchen Crew/Drive Through Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, PAApril 21, 2016
I take money at drive-through and make ice cream orders. Depending on whether I do night shift, I am either assigned cleaning areas of the restaurant, cleaning equipment, filling machines and topping bar, or stocking shelves after the store closes and we have to clean up. Love the clean work environment. Management is friendly and understanding. The location is close to home. My co-workers are also friendly and helpful. I love seeing customer's reactions when we do the "upside down or free" blizzard. The closest thing to being the most challenging is alternating between making food and taking money. It can get confusing due to lack of communication when it is busy. But overall, all tasks are rather easy.
Pros
flexible schedule, close to home, paid 15 minute breaks
Cons
have to pay half for lunch, short staffed
Fast Pace Environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Waseca, MNApril 21, 2016
It get a little stressful at times and sometimes it gets so busy that you don't get time for a break no matter how long you work
nice, fast paced
Server (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 20, 2016
Good management, learned proper customer service, use of various food service machinery and work flow. Learned teamwork and efficency.
productive place, busy work area
Cashier/Cook/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fairdale, KYApril 19, 2016
It usually was always busy, but I enjoyed the hard work, I enjoyed helping people and making their days much better. It was tough but it was worth it.
fun place.
Ice cream creator, cashier (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAApril 19, 2016
Just would stock the ice cream. Create the blizzards sometimes. Friendly people, nice place to work. Pay was a little low though.
Needs diffrent managment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 19, 2016
Honestly was not here for too long, high stress combined with high school was not fun. management was awful. a typical day was relatively easy until a rush hit, it would start with and order or two, then it would get a little crazy and after the rush hit the stress hit followed by angry customers, then angry management. had very low hours maybe 10 or so a week.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Awful Managment
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hartwell, GAApril 19, 2016
The job was such a great experience. Being able to remember every order was something that was exciting to me. I would recommend people to work here.
Great!
Dairy Queen (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHApril 18, 2016
Great place to work for high schoolers or those who are in college. Great pay and room to move up in the company. Always a fun day and you never bring work home with you.