Dairy Queen Employee Reviews

Found 4,113 reviews matching the search
Super fun first time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 28, 2017
Dairy Queen is a great starter job. They worked with my student schedule, and the entire staff was extremely nice. The duties of the job never changed, and the schedule was usually the same week to week. It taught a lot of responsibility and routine.
Pros
Stable schedule
Cons
Short breaks
I loved this job
Crew Member/Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Fosston, MNMarch 27, 2017
It's a great first job and you learn a lot of good skills for future jpbs.. But its definitely not a super long term job and not something you should want to do forever.
Pros
Breaks free food
Cons
Pay
fast pace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEMarch 27, 2017
Dairy queen was a great high school job. Especially in Columbus because its the only ice cream shop in town. Dairy queen is also located right next to the city park, the ball fields, and the outdoor water park. Needless to say work was very demanding.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
compensation
Fast paced work environment
Cook/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMarch 27, 2017
Dairy Queen is a very fast paced work environment that is well managed and has experienced, friendly team members. Never hesitate to ask a question of your peers or management.
Pros
Free food on break.
Cons
Part time, no benefits.
Fast paced
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKMarch 27, 2017
Normally fasted pace on the weekends so you have to be able to work fast, multitask and communicate with other team members if you need help. It can be stressful at times during lunch and dinner hours. The hardest part of the job is trying to multitask with people who don't want to work. The management varies depending on who they are .
A workplace that allows you to thrive if you choose to do so.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 27, 2017
Dairy Queen gave me the ability to grow as a leader since the management did not have strict requirements for who was in charge. The lack of supervision allowed for me, as a younger individual, to gain authority in the workplace due to the work hard and dedication I gave during each shift I worked.
Pros
Time to Work on Homework
Cons
Lack of Managment
Dairy Queen is a cool place to work
Shift Manager/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Tumwater, WAMarch 27, 2017
I've worked at DQ for almost 4 year and it has always been a generally nice place to work. Fast food is never fun, but the environment is always friendly.
Fun place with great food.
Professional Installer (Former Employee) –  Howard, WIMarch 27, 2017
I enjoyed the workers and would definitely work there again. The job involved a lot of cleaning and working with stressful conditions while making food in a timely manor.
Could be a lot better
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 26, 2017
Working at my DQ has its' ups & downs. I actually love working at DQ it's not a hard job whatsoever, it's just that I feel like we don't get treated like we should, or appreciated for the work we do. A typical day may include dealing with customers that have attitudes for no reason, making ice cream, Orange Julius products &/or food. The hardest part would be that we work so hard but don't get praised for it, and stuff that goes wrong that we can't control we get in trouble for it. I would say that most enjoyable part of my job is the bond that I have with some of my employees, we're like a big family.
Pros
Free Lunches, Discounts
Cons
No breaks, low pay
A fun work enviroment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 26, 2017
Working at DQ was a fun experience but if you don't want a career in food service don't say there too long. You will feel like working nights is the only way to live but its not .
A starter job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALMarch 26, 2017
This job is great when you are in highschool, or as a fall back job! However, it is not a career. It is fun and fastpased you constantly on the move, and knowing that the customer are taking care of and satisfied warms your heart!!!
Good People, Management wasn't effective.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 26, 2017
I worked the register and sometimes worked the kitchen. It was a good experience and I learned a lot, but there were issues with management that couldn't be overlooked so i left.
Not a career.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLMarch 26, 2017
I would recommend this job for those that need a paycheck, not looking to move up or grow. High turnover rate at the location in which I was hired. Last minute schedule changes, not always provided with the necessary tools and supplies to do the jobs required. Micro managing.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Spotty management, minimum wage, frequent schedule changes
Great place for a beginner job.
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Robinson, ILMarch 26, 2017
Dairy Queen teaches you the fundamentals of having your first job. It's under great management and I enjoyed the two years that I work there. Also it's a great place to eat.
Good job, pay not high enough
Crew (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 25, 2017
I had fun working here but it did require a lot of effort and I felt that the pay wasn't adequate compensation. I would typically close nights and we would have to know how to run and break down and clean all stations.
Awful
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 25, 2017
Pretty okay for a first job, but the managers are awful & so are the wages . The coworkers are pretty swell. They don't give breaks at all . & the discount sucks
Pros
Free food while on the clock
Cons
No breaks
It was stressful sometimes
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMarch 25, 2017
It was fun working there because I knew most of the people that worked there. But, the job was stressful. Some days it would be so busy we did not get a break or was very late getting off because we had to stay later to clean up or some co workers did not want to do there job for the day/night
Cons
they said the lunches were free but they actually took it out of your check
Just like every other fast food place.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Fritch, TXMarch 24, 2017
They work by labor so it isn't always fun. It could be slow so they'll send someone home then it will speed back up! Pay was not the best. But if you want fast food it's the place.
wonderful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Perryopolis, PAMarch 24, 2017
Typical days were laid back during very hot days during the summer it could get hectic. I learned teamwork, and organizing skills. Most most enjoyable part was the friendly work environment.
No break
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 24, 2017
The job was ok an I didn't stay because I started school an I couldn't do both at the same time an the bus stop running at a certain time an the pay was good
Pros
No lunch
Cons
Five min break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dairy Queen. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7