DAK Americas

DAK Americas Employee Reviews

Good Company
Shipping Assistant (Current Employee), Gaston, SCDecember 30, 2014
Hard to move up
has good work life balance
very good benifits
hardest part is the 4 long nights back after a week off
learned that plastic pellets are shipped and used by alot of diffrent places.
on the 12 hour rotating shift you work 14 days a month and get 7 days off every month
busy and exciting work place
Rope pack operator (Former Employee), Leland, NCDecember 16, 2014
Pros: listening to the radio. good pay
Cons: long hours and hot area
Sit at work station and run machine. You are able to listen to the radio as long as you do your work. If there is a shutdown you have to wear a hot suit and flush the system out of all the material. Its a hot environment and you work for twelve hours. My favorite part of the job is when everything runs smoothly and you don't have any problems.
good work but management was only interested in the profits
Operator (Former Employee), Leland, NCNovember 20, 2014
Pros: good pay, steady work, overtime available
Cons: pay and benefits were cut often and did not feel like the average worker was part of the big team
was a good company with steady work. they did not appreciate their associates like the father company for which I started working at age 18. work was not hard just had safe procedures that were very important for the safety of the employees and the proper manufacturing of the specific materials you were making that day.
, that provided jpbs and promotions
Draw Machine Operator (Former Employee), Leland NCSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation day
12hrs rotating shifts, everyone had a story. Management could of been better. Meeting people of all ethnicity
They kept the doors open even during tough times
prod worker (Former Employee), scMarch 29, 2014
Pros: stability, hr director and mgmt could be talked with
Yes DAK froze wages at the plants when they aquired them from former owners. The former wages were well above industry avg. Labor cost the most so why were they able to be bought to begin with...exactly. DAK has grown and expanded greatly over the past yrs. Look at thier history since 2001, attributed to smart mgmt, maybe not always the most caring but smart. They did communicate with us often.
Lots of overtime
Chemical Operator (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 11, 2014
Lots of overtime and good beginning salary. Old facility but seems to have good job security
i guess it could be worse
Technician (Current Employee), Gaston, SCJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: one free pair of boots
Cons: breaks, pay, atmosphere, management, training, advancement
i work at the Gaston/Columbia location. The pay is below average compared to what other companies offer for my field. Very difficult to complete requirements for raises, and the raises are a paltry sum. – more... Management in my shop is HORRIBLE, but I have to say that some of the other shops have some great management. The culture is also pretty bad. It's a depressing place to work, the plant manager has developed a culture of tattle-tales and back-stabbers. Before DAK bought out the old company it was like a big family and people loved their jobs, now everyone stays to themselves and keeps quiet. The work itself is great and there's always plenty to do, it gets a bit warm in the summer but its south carolina. If the management were replaced, pay increased, training program completely overhauled, and oppressive atmosphere was fixed, it would be a great place to work. The most enjoyable part of the day is scanning my badge on the way out to the parking lot. – less
good job and people
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Leland, NCNovember 27, 2013
Pros: good pay and benifits
Cons: don't care about employees wants
good provider for 41 yrs
good team members
company cares more about making mony than about needs of people
working shifts for 25 ys was tough
Family orientated
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Leland,North CarolinaOctober 30, 2013
Pros: good working enviroment, great people, flexible on taking personal time of if needed, good pay and yearly bounses, very good health benefits.
Cons: some of the upper managemet never take the time to know their workers
Dak Americas is a good company to work for I had the pleasure of working for them for 2 years due to failing structure to the building they had to close the facility where I work otherwise I see myself – more... being employed there for long time. This company is very family orientated they will work with you when it came either private situations or company situations. They strive to be the best at what they do and make their employees apart of all the achievements they recieved. – less
Very poor management
Bulk Operator Level 3C (Current Employee), MSSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: relatively secure job (for now)
Cons: no signs of changing
Company bought out plant where I was working. They retained all shift workers, but cut pay immediately without doing market research. Quality, Safety, Worker Morale, Equipment, Production, and Inventory have all declined dramatically since company DAK took over only 2 short years ago.
Productive and fun work environment
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: great work environment, people i work with
Cons: healthcare, pay
911 dispatch for plant, Perform camera scans within plant, secretirial work, check visitors in and out. I learn different ways to get the job done faster and is more effiicient to myself and co-workers. – more... My co-workers are nice, caring, dependable people to work with. I wouldn't say their is a hard part of me performing my job, however; there are days where I am forced to do things I do not agree with. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see and talk with the people in my department, knowing that my presence makes a difference in someone life that day. – less
Plant closing in September
Lab Technician,Chemical Operator (Current Employee), Leland, NCAugust 30, 2013
Pros: nice workout room and encouragement for living a healthy lifestyle.
I worked at the Cape Fear site for over sixteen years. We endured a change in ownership and no raises for ten years. We made better wages than many people in the area. However, DAK Americas chose to close the plant in order for their other sites to grow. Our plant is very aged. It was built in 1967.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Moncks Corner, SCAugust 7, 2013
The job is a very physical job. I have learned how to operate a machine while there. The hardest part of the job is working in the hot environment but the most enjoyable part is continuously being able to run the machine which results in great production time for the company as well as the customer.
Good Steady Work
Stores Attendant (Current Employee), Leland, NCJuly 20, 2013
Pros: regular pay periods
Cons: site closing down
Identification and Receiving of Materials.
Inspection of Process Safety Materials.
Tracking Shipments.
Inventory Cycle Counts.
Shipping Materials.
Not bad
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCJune 23, 2013
Very busy, but often fun work. Once you have a job here moving up is hard.
Aggresive company, good place to work
Mechanical Reliability/Projects Engineer (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCMay 7, 2013
Chemical Manufacturing
Knowlegeable people to work with
Good work environment
Draw Operator (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCDecember 10, 2012
Loved my job and wanted to stay long term before lay off. I was in charge of a draw machine and quality of product. I was also required to take samples.
Productive with good experiences
Material Handler (Current Employee), Goose Creek, SCJuly 12, 2012
twelve hour shifts from 7 to 7. unloading powder from railcars to maintain silo levels, co - workers and managers were helpful in OJT situation.
productive work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCMarch 27, 2012
A productive work place that require you to work hard but in a safe environment.
Great benefits
material handler (Current Employee), moncks corner SCMay 25, 2011
Pros: good benefits
Cons: alot of overtime
This is a good company that willl be around for a long time but as far as having a family life there is not much of that because of the 12 hour rotating shift which i dont have a problem with but on the days you suppose to have off you never know if you will get them because of all the overtime but other than that its a good company.

DAK Americas Salaries