DAK Americas Employee Reviews

Perfect fit if youlike swing shifts
MATERIAL OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCJanuary 6, 2018
work 7 to 7 days and nights get 2 days off and rotate shifts again your away from your family a lot and get little time to be a human being.Great benifits tho
Pros
great pay
Cons
short breaks and stressfull labor
Avoid this company especially procurement
Buyer/Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gaston, SCDecember 29, 2017
I worked for this company for several years and nothing changed except additional workload added to me. With high turn over for the procurement staff, management would never hire to fill much needed vacancies. They just keep piling the work onto the remaining staff. My group went from 8 individuals to 3 and you are required to keep up the same support to the plants as before. Unrealistic, to say the least. Also, forget trying to take a vacation because you will be denied or will have to work while you are on it.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management, unrealistic workload, lack of vision
Don't work for procurement...Beware!!!
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCDecember 29, 2017
If you are looking to be overworked, micro-managed and under appreciated, then this company is for you. Very high turn-over in procurement reflects directly upon current management. Run. Please understand, you will not be able to take a vacation or known in the company as "dakvacation" because of the lack of staff to cover your assignments. Also, be prepared to work 12 to 14 hours a day just to be able to keep up with workload.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, poor management, understaffed
Demanding Hours 24/7/365 - Understaffed
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCOctober 30, 2017
DAK Americas provides good benefits / salary to high performing engineers - the time required and no work / life balance is terrible. Most engineers work over 60 hours / week on average.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good Compensation
Cons
Work / Life Balance
My location closed.
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Leland, NC 28451September 21, 2017
It was not a good a work place at the time because they knew they were closing. The safety conditions were bad and work conditions were bad. Maybe other locations would have been better.
Work Life Balance Terrible
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCAugust 9, 2017
Work life balance is not good, but they do pay you well and the benefit package is second to none. Very analytical and engineered oriented, so if you are a energetic and enjoy working with happy colleagues, DAK Americas is NOT for you. High stress and if you are salaried, you are required to work 24/7, especially if you are off work. There is no such thing as vacation...the joke was you're on a "DAKation" - the work life balance, I can't stress enough. Also, if you voice any concerns about management, you will not get the results you want, on the contrary, you will be put under great scrutiny, written up or feel pressured to leave the company.
Pros
Benefits & Pay
Cons
Retribution of any complaints and terrible work-life balance
A good job with good pay
Train Operator / Track Switchman (Current Employee) –  Moncks CornerJune 13, 2017
A typical day at Dak Americas for me is fast pace.
I've Learned that being on time is very important.
Some Management is concerned about there employees and others aren't.
There really isn't a hard part about working at Dak Americas.
DAK Americas
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Bay Saint Louis, MSMay 31, 2017
Good company to work. I would like to go back there soon. nothing wrong to say about the company, really good experience. Experienced people and well-paid rate.
Typical Plant Job, Shift Work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 29, 2017
I load railcars and bulk trailers in 12 hour rotating shifts. The job is physically involved but not very difficult. Politics and lackluster management make this job far more of a burden than necessary. The rotating shift calendar does provide you with 7 consecutive days off each month, which is usually converted into mandatory overtime shifts. There isn't much home life (despite the days off) working constant 12 hour shifts; however, it isn't too difficult to adjust to.
Pros
Pay, benefits, time off (when you get it)
Cons
Mandatory overtime, management
Good safe place to work
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCMay 7, 2017
Great teamwork experience. Management would listen to our input to improve the quality. Allowed us to make decisions. We were responsible for our area to make sure we were making quality products in a safe environment.
Pros
On you own
Cons
Very hot areas
Is this a good company?
Operator (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCMay 5, 2017
Absolutely. Dak Americas treated me and my coworkers incredibly well. They pay well, have good benefits, provide anything you need. They're an astounding company to work for.
Pros
Pays well. Job security. Good work to do.
Cons
Long shifts (12 hrs)
Job place to work
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 30, 2017
Very good place to work. it has been a great place to work. People are great. good culture. Family oriented. The diverse opportunities. I grew a bunch working there.
Productive and fun
Line Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 18, 2017
Great experience for employees to be apart of, awesome benefits package. Great an caring staff to assist with work related issues. Competitive pay....
Pros
Great pay
Excelente empresa
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC, USADecember 7, 2016
Durante un día normal, empezaba con un excelente café de starbucks (por parte de la compañía), y mi lugar de trabajo era muy amplio y limpio.

Aprendí mucho sobre los procesos de costos de materia prima, afectaciones contables de cada movimiento en SAP, pago de proveedores, creación y cierres de órdenes de compra. Obtención y creación de reportes en SAP, ajustes contables, planeación de producción, reportes de producción, etc.

La dirección y la gerencia son gente que tiene mucho sentido humano, son responsables, inteligentes y buenos líderes.

El equipo de trabajo, excelentes personas todas. Poniendo ante todo la tolerancia por delante.

Nada que opinar en contra de esta gran empresa!
Pros
401 K, seguro médico 90/10, importantes descuentos en seguros de vida, dental y óptica.
This job has the potential to suceed through proper training skills.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Cooper RiverAugust 2, 2016
Ive been employed here for now 6yrs and enjoyed many tasks set before me. The job deals with making a first grade product with 0 defects. We make plastic and polyester.
Production Assistant/Operator (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCJuly 29, 2016
It was not a bad job but if you like micromanagement then this is the place for you.You get in more trouble not coming in for overtime then if you didn't come in on your own shift doesn't make sense. If they would change there overtime policy they would be able to keep there turnover rate down. I love my co worker but some of the management makes you feel like your in jail for 12 hours with an hour of rec maybe on a good day
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Could be an ok company
IT (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCJuly 15, 2016
Could be an ok company. Might go back if offered a position. Pay was decent, long hours. Always has to take the cheap way out of projects that eventually costed more in the long run.
a good job in many ways
Spinning Operator (Current Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCJune 13, 2016
12 hour rotating shift, good benefits and pay. The location makes for a very long commute. The working environment is very hot.
great place to work with great benefits
Operator/ Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCApril 21, 2016
A decent place to work. co-workers are great has great benefits. you get to learn how to run different type of machinery. only thing I dislike is the mandatory overtime.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
slow advancemet
productive
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCMarch 4, 2016
Getting work ready for the day...good co-workers..Need to work on hiring better management..working on the production line and loading trucks to be shipped..the hardest part was loading bags on trucks without breaking them..