DAK Americas Employee Reviews

Production Assistant/Operator (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCJuly 29, 2016
It was not a bad job but if you like micromanagement then this is the place for you.You get in more trouble not coming in for overtime then if you didn't come in on your own shift doesn't make sense. If they would change there overtime policy they would be able to keep there turnover rate down. I love my co worker but some of the management makes you feel like your in jail for 12 hours with an hour of rec maybe on a good day
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Could be an ok company
IT (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCJuly 15, 2016
Could be an ok company. Might go back if offered a position. Pay was decent, long hours. Always has to take the cheap way out of projects that eventually costed more in the long run.
great place to work with great benefits
Operator/ Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCApril 21, 2016
A decent place to work. co-workers are great has great benefits. you get to learn how to run different type of machinery. only thing I dislike is the mandatory overtime.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
slow advancemet
a good job in many ways
Spinning Operator (Current Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCJune 13, 2016
12 hour rotating shift, good benefits and pay. The location makes for a very long commute. The working environment is very hot.
Poor mid and long term business planning
(Chemical/textile) Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCDecember 27, 2015
DAK's short term success and execution have been jeopardized by poor mid and long term vision/planning.
This failure has compromised the work environment DAK is able to provide its employees. Currently working in a very reactionary mindset. DAK has missed an opportunity to gain market share in an upbeat year due to poor execution. This reality has DAK reverting to managing its workforce by intimidation. This is costing the company much of its talent and ability to recruit good talent.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Leadership chaos, deteriating infrastructure.
productive
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCMarch 4, 2016
Getting work ready for the day...good co-workers..Need to work on hiring better management..working on the production line and loading trucks to be shipped..the hardest part was loading bags on trucks without breaking them..
The rubber stops here.
Draw Operator / Production (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCDecember 14, 2015
I worked for a few months here, it's the type of job where you work at to support a family or if you want a job that pays well and you don't have any plans to do anything with your life.
Pros
Pay/Insurance
Cons
12 hour day's and not knowing when you can enjoy your day off.
Plenty of room to grow within the company.
Electrician and Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCJanuary 3, 2016
Plenty of room to grow within the company. Plenty of learning opportunities. Good management. Equipment in transition for upgrades.
good work but management was only interested in the profits
Operator (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCNovember 20, 2014
was a good company with steady work. they did not appreciate their associates like the father company for which I started working at age 18. work was not hard just had safe procedures that were very important for the safety of the employees and the proper manufacturing of the specific materials you were making that day.
Pros
good pay, steady work, overtime available
Cons
pay and benefits were cut often and did not feel like the average worker was part of the big team
busy and exciting work place
Rope pack operator (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCDecember 16, 2014
Sit at work station and run machine. You are able to listen to the radio as long as you do your work. If there is a shutdown you have to wear a hot suit and flush the system out of all the material. Its a hot environment and you work for twelve hours. My favorite part of the job is when everything runs smoothly and you don't have any problems.
Pros
listening to the radio. good pay
Cons
long hours and hot area
They kept the doors open even during tough times
prod worker (Former Employee) –  scMarch 29, 2014
Yes DAK froze wages at the plants when they aquired them from former owners. The former wages were well above industry avg. Labor cost the most so why were they able to be bought to begin with...exactly. DAK has grown and expanded greatly over the past yrs. Look at thier history since 2001, attributed to smart mgmt, maybe not always the most caring but smart. They did communicate with us often.
Pros
stability, HR Director and Mgmt could be talked with
Family orientated
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Leland,North CarolinaOctober 30, 2013
Dak Americas is a good company to work for I had the pleasure of working for them for 2 years due to failing structure to the building they had to close the facility where I work otherwise I see myself being employed there for long time. This company is very family orientated they will work with you when it came either private situations or company situations. They strive to be the best at what they do and make their employees apart of all the achievements they recieved.
Pros
Good working enviroment, great people, flexible on taking personal time of if needed, good pay and yearly bounses, very good health benefits.
Cons
Some of the upper managemet never take the time to know their workers
Productive and fun work environment
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 2, 2013
911 dispatch for plant, Perform camera scans within plant, secretirial work, check visitors in and out. I learn different ways to get the job done faster and is more effiicient to myself and co-workers. My co-workers are nice, caring, dependable people to work with. I wouldn't say their is a hard part of me performing my job, however; there are days where I am forced to do things I do not agree with. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see and talk with the people in my department, knowing that my presence makes a difference in someone life that day.
Pros
Great work environment, people I work with
Cons
healthcare, pay
Plant closing in September
Lab Technician,Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Leland, NCAugust 30, 2013
I worked at the Cape Fear site for over sixteen years. We endured a change in ownership and no raises for ten years. We made better wages than many people in the area. However, DAK Americas chose to close the plant in order for their other sites to grow. Our plant is very aged. It was built in 1967.
Pros
Nice workout room and encouragement for living a healthy lifestyle.
Dak
Finance (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2016
This is an ok company. Salary, vacation and PTO is average. Culture needs to be improved dramatically in order to retain top talent.
Secure company with outstanding benefits and growth potential
Buyer, Supply Chain and Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  wilmington, nc 28409July 30, 2015
Outstanding company to work for has great work ethics as well as great benefits. Love the work environment as I love a challenge and my job gives me that.
benefits
Great benefits
material handler (Current Employee) –  moncks corner SCMay 25, 2011
This is a good company that willl be around for a long time but as far as having a family life there is not much of that because of the 12 hour rotating shift which i dont have a problem with but on the days you suppose to have off you never know if you will get them because of all the overtime but other than that its a good company.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
alot of overtime
Very poor management
Bulk Operator Level 3C (Current Employee) –  MSSeptember 17, 2013
Company bought out plant where I was working. They retained all shift workers, but cut pay immediately without doing market research. Quality, Safety, Worker Morale, Equipment, Production, and Inventory have all declined dramatically since company DAK took over only 2 short years ago.
Pros
Relatively Secure Job (for now)
Cons
No signs of changing
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCAugust 7, 2013
The job is a very physical job. I have learned how to operate a machine while there. The hardest part of the job is working in the hot environment but the most enjoyable part is continuously being able to run the machine which results in great production time for the company as well as the customer.
Good Company
Shipping Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gaston, SCDecember 30, 2014
Hard to move up
has good work life balance
very good benifits
hardest part is the 4 long nights back after a week off
learned that plastic pellets are shipped and used by alot of diffrent places.
on the 12 hour rotating shift you work 14 days a month and get 7 days off every month

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DAK Americas. Our community is ready to answer.