Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Working for the ranch was very stressful
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 3, 2017
I worked with children from ages 11-18. It was a very stressful job because these kids were considered at risk. They could fly off the handle and become dangerous at any time.
Pros
the kids
Cons
stress
Working in the cottages
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 2, 2017
Working with the kids is great, and co-workers are also great. Turn over is very high, which sometimes makes it easy to move up. Have to be able to handle high stress situations, and be physically fit.
Pros
free food, health care.
Cons
only get breaks if staff and time is available
fun, active, dedicated, and rewarding
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 17, 2017
Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch has a fun, active environment that is dedicated to helping children. This is a great place to gain experience and they are willing to work around your scheduling needs. The hardest part of the job is seeing the situation that children come from. It is rather rewarding to see the changes that occur throughout the child's stay. This is the place to work if you want to make a difference and challenge yourself.
Direct Care with under privileged children
Currnet Youth Care Worker(Direct Care Staff) (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 27, 2017
I worked with children from around the state and some out of state children. The hardest part of my job would be helping the kids that don't want help. The most enjoyable part of my job would be seeing the kids that discharge from our facility and then contact us letting us know how they are doing and what we did that helped them succeed.
Pros
Free meals, paid offsites ie movies and thunder road.
Cons
No scheduled breaks for staff.
Team-oriented, fast-paced
Residential Treatment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 27, 2017
The Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch is a great place to start if you're interested in social services and mental health. The typical day as an Residential Treatment Advisor was facilitating the residents schedule, and maintaining a safe environment.
Pros
supportive teammates
Cons
stressful at times, there is some potential for physical harm, burnout
Fun place to work
YOUTH COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDOctober 20, 2016
This job was fun because it allowed me to work with troubled adolescents along with other co-workers whom shared the same goal of keeping the kids on a good path
Excellent workplace where staff is all for the well being of the clients
Supervisor Administrative Assistants (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDApril 14, 2016
A typical work day at the ranch is openly discussing the educational plan for the students that we help that have been abused and/or maybe just less fortunate, providing those kids with a sense of success showing them that its more to life and that someone out there cares. Couldn't have been blessed to work with such a good group of people and enjoy the service that we provide to others.Hardest part about this job is getting to know the kids and when its time for them to leave and having to say good-bye.
Rewarding and Educational
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 7, 2016
In this environment I learned to handle high stress situations appropriately, have excellent patience, and understand different types of mental illness as well as drug abuse in children.
Pros
Free food, good benefits
Cons
Kids sometimes are very mean
Residental Treatment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 27, 2014
If your heart is in it you will have a rewarding experience. It will always be challenging and you will need to stay sharp.
Pros
Free meals, great people, rewarding
Cons
Emotionally taxing