Dakota County Employee Reviews

Dakota County
Appraiser Intern (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNJanuary 29, 2017
The experience as a intern has no value when looking for a job. Knowing someone ~ does! Working here will even help you get hired here. Knowing someone or better being related will definitely get you hired o permanently.
Pros
Get to see what its like working in the county
Cons
You learn how the county runs
Dakota County Corrections is a great place to work, offering advancement opportunities and a nurturing atmosphere.
Probation/parole officer III (Former Employee) –  W St Paul, MNDecember 6, 2015
I supervised a caseload of 100+ probationers and parolees. I prepared reports for the courts, other counties and states. I tried to be supportive to my clients, while holding them accountable to the terms and conditions of their court obligations. I enjoyed seeing some clients do a 180 and completely turn their lives around (with a little prodding and cajoling).
Pros
Professional work environment and open door policy for new ideas
Cons
None, really. I loved it there.
fun, diverse environment with great co workers.
Full- Time Temporary Park Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 27, 2015
enjoyed my time there when i wasn't weed whipping. had great set of co workers and supervision was very well done but it did not pay very much for the work that was done.
Pros
fun co workers
Cons
no face mask for the weed whip and poor pay.
Temporary Jobs
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 17, 2015
Maintained State Master Index for medical state-funded insurance program. Created PowerPoint presentations, maintained and improved Excel spreadsheets, answering phones, directed staff. Scheduled meetings for superiors with senior individuals.
Pros
Interesting variety of assignments
Cons
Temporary Job
Dedicated work environment with high attention to detail.
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJanuary 1, 2015
Waste management program development is challenging and therefore motivating career field.
Always busy great co-workers
IT Contractor (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNNovember 19, 2014
Administrator for work order system, contract management, end-user help, PC set-up and training
Pros
Loved the job
Cons
temp position
Fun and exciting place to wrok
Juvenile probation and parole officer (Former Employee) –  MNJanuary 31, 2014
This was great as my first professional job and provided me with a fabulous opportunity to learn basic social work.
Pros
Fun staff and work environment
Cons
Little advancement opportunity due to size of the county
Nice county to be apart of, fun learning, and consrtuctive
Juvenile work crew/intern (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNJanuary 8, 2014
I worked with only juveniles boys and girls. I supervised them while they had to complete community service work. I learned many things such as setting boundaries and being assertive, and also how to be yourself with certain situations that has came across my path. My co workers were nice and good about answering a lot of questions I had. I think the most hard thing was trying to come from being a student into the professional world. I most enjoyed the kids and all the attitudes that came along with them.
Pros
The experience
Cons
I would say not having a real set lunch break
Consumer Directed Care Services is a program that allows family and friends to provide much needed services for special needs clients.
Consumer Directed Care Service's (CDCS) PCA (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNNovember 6, 2013
Families who have members who have special needs (elderly, disabled, or mentally challenged) often find it difficult to find caring,experienced caretakers who are willing to work long, erratic hours, with low wages. The Consumer Directed Care Service program provides families with the option of working with these family members, While wages are still minimal (often requiring the employee to have supplemental income), the client or family member has a loving, caring family member who understands their needs and circumstances working with them. Benefits can include insurance depending upon the clients budget. Unfortunately, CDCS is a government program and has limited access or availability.
Pros
Excellent way to provide for family members or friends who have disabilities or special needs.
Cons
Low wages, some benefits
very easygoing well managed and productive staff
park keeper (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNDecember 19, 2012
dakota county is a very educational place with great people to work with, they take the time to teach and let you learn hands on about what the job is about. they take the time to explain what the job inquires and explains the safety procedures. they plan the day for you, so there is always something to be done. and time to get it done that day. the most enjoyable part of this job is working with everyone. and working in a fun but safe and well managed enviroment.
Pros
variety of different jobs
Cons
i was not full time
This is a fun workplace and a team environment.
Assistant Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  1600 Hwy. 55, Hastings MinnesotaMarch 19, 2012
The organization focuses on team work. We believe the best thing is to provide safety and security for staff as well as the juvenile clients. We beleieve in being prepared for any incidents that may arise within the organization. The environment focuses on education for youth and training for its employees.
Pros
cpr/first aid, restraint training, data processing, diversity training, managing stress, and 24 vacation days, medical and dental..
Cons
health care is very costly for a family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dakota County. Our community is ready to answer.