Dakota Supply Group Employee Reviews

It is an employee owned compony
Business-to-Business Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNSeptember 6, 2017
The management is well lets put it this way the right hand does not know what the left is doing on any day of the week. and that is all i have to say.
Fast paced and customer based
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTAugust 29, 2017
Learned a great deal of customer skills and accounting management. Am able to work with good people and enjoy learning new skills. Seeing the A/P branch be move out of the office and not keeping it there is not the easiest thing to see. Puts jobs in jeopardy
Pros
free shirts, donuts
Cons
not able to work with some of the coworkers
That give employees tickets to hockey games, baseball games, etc. They do go to customers first.
Receptionist/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 9, 2017
I check my emails. Start entering my invoices and fixing issues that came along as I was entering factory invoices. May receive phone calls in the middle of the day to see when an invoice will be paid.

The time I have been with Dakota Supply Group (DSG). I have learned a lot about accounts payable. That is one thing I feel I could really succeed in.

The management really needs to improve. Which I feel they are in the process of doing that. Which will help with the culture in the workplace.

At this time we are bringing on a new system so trying to get all the factory invoices in on time.

I really love the people I work with.
Great company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJanuary 2, 2017
Great company to work for. I worked a 7am-4pm shift Mon-Fri with weekends off. Raises every 6 months. Learned heating/cooling, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical products. Management was pretty relaxed and open minded. Learned to drive fork lift.
Pros
stable schedule, 9am-5pm with weekends off paid lunch breaks
Cons
need more equipment
Able to work independently
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 1, 2016
In a typical day, I arrive at my cubicle and my co-workers say Good morning. I go through my emails and answer them timely. I receive and make calls to vendors and salespeople. My co-workers and I talk about music, movies, family. We are part of an ESOP and we all work well together.
Pros
Free lunches, Esop, benefits
Great entry level warehousing position
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJune 29, 2015
Early morning receiving/unloading. Reviewing stock and logging into database. Was trained on the job to operate a forklift and also receive and ship out inventory/orders. Management keeps everything pretty much under control; the workers are made to stay busy and well maintained. Keeping a count of everything that was transferred in and out from branch to branch on our thursday "Transfer Day" was about the only difficult part about the job outside of knowing product from product whether it being plumbing, electrical, or Heating/Cooling. The most enjoyable part of the day was Ups/Usps Shipping. We would send product through the mail at the end of everyday. DSG could get quite labor intensive, so those duties became a little more relaxing at the end of the day.
Pros
Early Shifts, Nice pay, Weekends off, Hour Lunch breaks
Cons
Working outside in Cold or Extremely hot weather
Fun place to work
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDApril 22, 2014
Worked with a great group of people and learned a lot about the plumbing industry. Started the day off on the phones with amazing customers and enjoyed every bit of it.
Pros
Work Monday through Friday and off all holidays.
Cons
Having to work til 5:00
Career Objectives
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Upper MidwestJune 14, 2013
• Partner with an organization to facilitate high level strategic guidance and solutions to provide the perfect link between technology, sales, and customer expectations therefore contributing to increased sales and overall success.
• Colaborate with design and marketing teams to provide customers with the quality cutting edge technology they require to succeed.
• Leverage my industry experience by identifying key opportunities to grow business with end customers, cunsultants, contractors, and distributors.
• Strengthen customer relations by keeping them abreast of current and imerging technology.
Great environment with flexibility.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 18, 2013
I was placed at DSG for a few months through a job placement place. I did data entry for about 4 months total before my time at DSG was done. It was a great place to work with great people. Very nice and laid back environment.
Dakota Supply Group
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDSeptember 16, 2012
9.5 hrs five days a week.
I learned 'The Power Of We' a wonderful work philosophy.
My Boss: was a great leader and friend.
I loved my co-workers, still miss them and talk to them frequently.
Learning all of the products we stocked a few thousand at least.
My responsibilities and relationships built with customers.
benefits
Cons
high turn over
Best Place Every
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minot NDAugust 15, 2012
I loved this job. Grantde there where there ups and downs there but ut was fun, excited and everyone seemed to get along. I also stared to know more about accounts recievable and payable. I learned on how to work in a warehouse as well.