Dakota Watch Company Employee Reviews

Easy Job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYJuly 18, 2017
Extensive training. High turnover of workers. Crazy work hours. Easy enough job to learn but customer complaints were high. Pay was average. Good employees.
Small business, interesting work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 3, 2017
In addition to your average retail sales position, working at the Dakota Watch Company trains you in basic watch and jewelry repair. It is interesting work. Downsides include fairly low pay, and a "kiosk" store layout. This is done understandably to cut costs, but the open air environment is not for everyone.
Pros
Work alone, interesting skills
Cons
Low end of retail payscale, including management positions.
Great for a teen
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 23, 2017
Stores are often overlooked so they don't carry all the products they are suppose to. They are usually located in the center of malls so it is a very loud environment .
Pros
Plenty of down time
Cons
Noise
Loved everything
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 22, 2017
I miss this job so very very much i loved my co workers and my managers they are so down to earth and great i regret leaving this job so much great place to be at and work.
Pros
great managers
Cons
pay
Such a fun job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 17, 2017
This shop was awesome! We had a lot of fun and learned something new everyday. I loved being so hands on and the ongoing learning. I was so sad to see them close this location.
Pros
working four 12 hour days
Cons
working alone
Cool place to work
Customer Service and repairs (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 26, 2017
This job is a pretty cool you learn the ends and outs of watches. My only problem I had was the pay and the benefits. I look at it as a good first job.
Pros
The learning experience
Cons
The pay rate
Always stayed busy, Never a dual moment.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Genesee County, MIApril 26, 2017
A typical day at work for me. Opening the store, starting the computer, setting up displays, counting drawer. This job tought me how to fix and do maintenance on watches, it also tought me how to work ethic. The work culture was very relaxed. I will say the hardest part would have to let a customer know there product was defective, or got damaged during a fix. The best part of the job was that it kept me busy and it was something I liked to do.
Cons
One 10 min break
Some great people, mostly not though.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2017
I will start by saying I had a good time when I first started, however as time went on, the district manager who had just been promoted started... taking her toll to put it politely. At the start, it was an extremely positive environment, with friendly people who did good quality work. At the end, it was toxic in the absolutely worst way and the quality of the work was lacking.
Very slow retail job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 16, 2017
A basic day of the job is selling watches and working on them. You learn everything on the job so no experience is required. The store is normally not busy at all.
Good Part-Time Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYApril 11, 2017
Manager was very nice and flexible with my schedule as i am going to college, so a great part-time job. minimum wage job no commission or anything like that
Great Company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 15, 2017
Corporate seems to know what is going on with all their stores. Management is knowledgeable and easy to approach.
I know every kiosk is different so the experiences vary but the company as a whole cares about their employees.
Pros
Work Enviroment
Cons
Hours
Its a ok job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 20, 2016
The job is okay I learned a lot of cool things. Going into the job I knew nothing about watches. Now I can do it all just needed to buy tools. It is a cool little environment to work in.
Pros
You learn new skills
Cons
If the register is short you must put it in out of pocket.
No consideration for employees, prejudice of religion
Customer service and watch repair (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 2, 2016
The employers have bad attitudes, won't help employees when having trouble, both management and assistant managers are prejudice of religious beliefs
Pros
Cons
see above
fun and easy
Cashier/customer service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 5, 2015
a typical day at work is fixing and selling watches but I have learned from this job is to take care of the watches and replace batteries and switch bands management could be better
Great Customer Service place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 14, 2015
Overall working at Dakota Watch Co. has been a great experience, working with the customers, and feeling like you helped them with their needs.
Associates can be a little difficult with multiple work schedules, but we work it out.
Pros
Talking with all the customers
Cons
Slow traffic days
Fun, fast paced environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 1, 2015
Everyone including superiors are super friendly. Due to the company being owned by the same family that started it, family values are key, and you often feel like you've made a family here.
Pros
Fun, Good People, Interesting Skills to learn
Cons
Is a Kiosk, Customers can be grumpy.
great place to work especially if yo like watches
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Henrietta,NYJune 15, 2015
great place to work for a watch fiend like i am, management was great, a family fun company since 1945 thats why compensation was rated so low.
Pros
great place to work, decen discounts
Cons
no lunch breaks, low compensation for management, no room for advancement without relocation
Fun part time gig
Sales Associate and Repair Associate (Current Employee) –  East Amherst, NYJune 5, 2015
Over all a good job, not hard to do, its a plus if you actually like watches. You get to learn all the watch repair basics. My district manager was really cool, along with most of the local managers. Co-workers are few and far between, being in one of the slowest malls in the area, but all i worked with were a good fit and good to talk to. The worst part of the job, is having hours of down time to yourself or on longer hr shifts when its dead, being in a kiosk theirs only so much you can clean and organize. The best part of it was working on watches for me, was a pre-hobby before i started.
Pros
flexible hours, east job
Cons
boring at times
Sales
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norridge, ILJanuary 8, 2015
You're usually by yourself at this job, but it has its perks and you get a good discount. In the mornings you open the store and put of the displays, count money, Clean up, and then wait for customers. It's a good job if you're a student, but sometimes scheduling can become a problem, because you are short staffed.
Pros
Can give discounts
Cons
No room for growth, no set schedule, picky management
dakota watch
Certified watch repair and sales (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 21, 2014
I currently work seasonally for Dakota watch company, filling in for students who need time off as I attend school here in Durham. A typical day at work includes starting computer systems, counting the register, handling money, opening the store, and from there greeting each customer with the highest of priority. The most enjoyable part is showing clients exactly what they want to see. The hardest part happens to be trying to make each and every client as happy as possible.
Pros
Workning in all aspects of retail
Cons
short breaks, confined space.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dakota Watch Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6