Dal-Tile Employee Reviews

Lots of hard work, little management.
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  NySeptember 15, 2015
Have worked in a completely understaffed location in NY so everyone needs to pull twice their weight, management refuses to hire new employees citing budgetary concerns yet has weekly golf outings and almost daily customer luncheons, we were scolded when a company rep from a trucking company bought the warehouse team a pizza because "it's unprofessional to take food/gifts from customers," this coming from a manager in flip flops coming back from lunch with a customer.

Tight nit group of employees but the management team in my location at least is very self serving, no room for advancement, promotions only through transfers.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits, decent hours
Cons
Shoddy management, short to nonexistent breaks.
A very friendly environment and highly dedicated workforce.
Sr. Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2015
I have worked solely at Dal-Tile Corporation since I moved to the United States in 2003 and I have enjoyment every bit of my almost 10 years of service to the company. Normal working days are fun with management providing all the support and training one needs to accomplish his/her task. I have learned a lot working for the company and I will not hesitate to recommend the company for anyone seeking career advancement in areas they deemed fit.
Not very team like.
Sales rep ll (Former Employee) –  Houston txJuly 5, 2016
I was let go after being recruited having 15 years in the local market. Had outstanding sales for 4 years but could not get on same page per new boss of 5 months. Lacks direction and feedback from any part of management technically one boss to report to but many "bosses" telling you to do conficting things. You better not say anything about that or you will be on the radar for termination even if you have great numbers. Good old boy club with huge business run like a small distributor. Company thinks they are bullet proof even when bleeding market share.
Pros
Some good people trying very hard in poor environment.
Cons
Very negative and no motivation to improve.
former permanent employee of 10+ years
glaze line, sorting, (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKMay 19, 2016
Management is awful, Benifits are horrible. No sick days. Run on a point system. If your one second late clocking in from a 30 minute lunch break you get a strike against you. Every 6 months if you have perfect attendance, you get a free day and then when you want to use it you can't. You're lucky to even know you acquire that free day because management will not let you know. Management also show extreme favoritism. Human resources is a joke within itself. I wouldn't recommend my enemies to work for this company.
Pros
off three days
Cons
layoffs during holidays, no bonus, no raise in 3 yeara
Terrible work environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 1, 2016
Lazy and unorganized management who are not open to suggestions to improve the work place in anyway, which spreads to long time employees, no incentive to work harder, favoritism run rampant, putting the stress of keeping up production on a few underpaid employees. The buck certainly does not stop here, don't know how they keep people.
Pros
Free tee shirts from vendors
Cons
Environment, management, compensation
great job
Forklift operator, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJuly 15, 2016
A typical day at work was pretty laid back but quick paced with multiple duties to handle. I learned how to be computer savvy and I learned a lot about tile and how to lay tile. my co-workers were pretty cool, the hardest part of the job was doing 3 or 4 different jobs at once due to the skeleton crew but we made it work. The enjoyable parts of the job were the times we hung after work.
Pros
great atmosphere
work is work
warehouse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2016
a typical day at work can be very overwhelming at times. busy days come and go and you just have to learn how to manage your time. i have learned a lot since i have been working for this company. some good and some are just disappointing. my co workers are awesome and hard workers, and very dependable. hardest part of the job would be the physical and continues lifting of heavy tile and setting material. the most enjoyable part of the job would be working with my co workers.
Factory work
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKFebruary 3, 2016
Dal tile was a great company that made sure that the employers were all about safety and health. Management were great people that cared for their employees. Was one of my favorite jobs because they treated everyone so well. I learned a lot about factory work and dealing with environmental jobs while working there.
Supply to an ever growing tile market
CSR/ Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Largo, FL 33777July 18, 2016
consistently assisting wholesale customers in acquiring goods necessary to remove, install, and maintain natural stone, porcelain, and ceramic tiles for interior and exterior use; full sales center
The work conditions could be better, benefits could be better and pay could be better
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TN.August 12, 2016
Could be a good place to work if the conditions for employees were a higher priority along with better pay and better benefits
review
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2016
good boy system , you know how that goes.

favoritism, no advancement , HR is just as bad as management as well.

it is a good place to start if you need a job but do not plan on staying here long
Pros
onsite clinic
Cons
favoritism
Dal
Warehouse labor, Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 5, 2016
Awesome work enviroment. Set schedule, day goes by fast. Pay is decent. Benefits, 401k offered. Works around your schedule somewhat. 40 hours a week, time and a half if you go into over time.
HR/Payroll
HR/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKOctober 26, 2015
A typical Day at work was amazing everyone there helped and was very kind well organized. they all helped one another and got the job done they explain your job duties clearly and there are no questions about how to do your job the management team are amazing an nice loved the job and when all was done I left for full time position they still offered work and wished me the best I was very happy I got the privilege to work there
Pros
Everything there was amazing loved the Job
Cons
was too short went thru temp agency
fun and good invironment
GLAZE LINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 28, 2016
i loved it good pace work and with co workers get along well and the hours on every shift are good and its calm and not stressful work , its pretty nice working there i love it very much
Leader within Tile industry
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 7, 2016
Alright company very long days, undefined processes, and allot of change management. Would recommend anyone looking to work here to really research.
SR Resource Planner/Buyer/Forecaster (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2016
Normally I arrive to work and I start off my checking my phone/emails to see if any of my vendors or warehouses need anything urgently. Depending on the day I'll check that days reporting and see if anything needs to be addressed. If any unique unforeseen situations arise I'll address them and see if there is anyway to include them in my report modeling going forward. Depending on the day I'll either be working on a special project, updating system parameters, checking to see if items need to be ordered, sending inventory reporting to my vendors, checking up on expected receipt dates, working to help fill back orders, project and communicate any potential outages or disruptions in service, or speak to the sales and marketing teams about their sales expectations.

This job has taught me that something can always been done better and I lavish in being able to improve my modeling, reporting, and my technical skills. I love finding room for improvement through reporting and automation.

The hardest part of the job is responding to situations in which I have no control and making the best of a bad situation for all parties involved. A vendor ships something late for whatever reason or the capacity of one of our plants gets priority over our customers.
Pros
flexible work hours, freedom of ideas
Cons
healthcare, childcare options
Established employee with Dal-Tile for over 19 years & still going
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 7, 2015
Working 8 hours & if asked for overtime I take it. I have learned Management Skills working with others. My employer hires capable workers for the job at hand. I have no complaints for the hardest part of the job except lifting 100 plus pounds of tile to fill orders. My most enjoyable part of the job is that time flies when I am busy.
Pros
overtime
Cons
Healthcare not adequate enough
north oaks
picker/packer battery change (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 14, 2016
when I arrive at work I get started by reviewing the menu to see what the days selection would be. then start preparing meals for customers
Great employees and fun people but hard working employees
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX - Florence, ALJanuary 24, 2016
Great company to work for. They care about their people. Always looking for ways to make company and associates grow.
Classes and meetings are given to keep associates aware of business news and up to date with any classes to help associates learn more.
Pros
They care about safety of their associates
Nothing short of amazing!!!
Sample Express (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2016
Best position I have held. Amazing atmosphere, great team work and also enjoy working with our customers. My manager is helpful and resourceful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dal-Tile. Our community is ready to answer.