Dal-Tile Employee Reviews

Not great at all
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNSeptember 20, 2017
Conditions were horrible. Upper management was the same. You as labor are held to a higher standard than management. Upper management is only concerned with their numbers. Turnover rate even in very well paying positions is unbelievable. At present there are not even any HR people. They have all quit.
Pros
Some department managers do look out for their people
Cons
Upper management is arrogant and only cares about numbers.
A very family people oriented environment
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Very, very happy working for Dal-Tile. Corporated leadership is very supportive of field plant leadership and its plant employees. Always looking for ways to provide recognition for a job well done.
Good place to work if job is secure
Production Associate IV- Body Prep (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKSeptember 14, 2017
Great place to work if your job is secure. Tedious work. Laid back and strict at the same time. Good coworkers, polite and professional management. Pay is ok depending on job.
Summay
Job title not important (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75217September 13, 2017
Dal-Tile is a good place to work, as long as sales are going as they should. I was laid off due to low sales but I worked in a department that had no control over sales. I had a good manager and my co-workers were great to work with. I would had stayed if I hadn't been laid off.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Laid off due to lack of sales
Hot Conditions
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNAugust 30, 2017
It can get hot during the summer, but besides that it is a good job. You have to be alert at all times in case of accidents and safety hazards. Management is friendly but firm.
It was a nice place to work at i liked it
Selector (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALAugust 29, 2017
Dal-Tile is a great place to work at the employees are some nice people and I would recommend it to anyone who need a a job there it never a dull moment there just great people.
Lots of changes both good and not so good
Sales Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2017
Good experience. No regrets. Long tenure. Compensation and benefits on the decline. Company culture is suspect. Had I known what I know now, I would've left earlier. It was just my time.
Pros
Brand
Cons
Compensation & Benefits, Culture
Miss working here!
Commercial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2017
Laid back place everyone got along and nothing like your 1st job. Loved working here everyone knew exactly what had to be done for the day very organized and friendly people.
Great pay rate, Terrible management.
Press Packer/ Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAAugust 15, 2017
The pay rate is good. my position is a packer and i made 16$ an hour. I work 3rd shift and the company gives a good amount of discounts on their products.

however...

The managers of the plant have no idea what they are doing. since i work 3rd shift it makes it really hard to have a life outside of work. the general manager is making us work overtime the last 3 weeks with no end in sight. So i have to work sunday night to saturday morning just about every week with one occasional friday the let us "have off". its irritating me because its a 24 hour plant and they cant make quota so basically they want us to work and make more money for them in exchange for our social life
Pros
healthcare, 45 minute breaks, payrate
Cons
manager is a real jerk, mandatory overtime all the time, everyone there can act like a total jerk
i enjoyed it but it was hard labor
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYAugust 6, 2017
I worked at dal tile for 25 years . I had paid vacation sick days and health insurance. I would still be there had they not shut down the plant. I enjoyed it. it was manual labor and it was hard on my back and feet but the pros outweighed the cons
Pros
vacation
Cons
hard labor
Excellent job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJuly 26, 2017
Learn a lot of different skills. Taught me patience and being universal with different personalities and ethnicities. Pushed me to be better @ being a empathetic and understanding. And the best employee I can be and want to be!!
Pros
Benefits and experience
Cons
Being versatile
Set Up Tech (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJuly 24, 2017
They are a great company the people and the management are like family . The work hours benefit the people well . I only have positive things to say about the work environment
Pros
Working independently
Cons
Moving up in the company
Customer Service/Call Center
Customer Service Administrator /CSR III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2017
Several different sections which are supervised by different supervisors all seem to have different rules.Training on products and process is lacking greatly. HR doesn't seem to have guidelines that are set in stone.

Dress code is very relaxed as you can wear jeans and t-shirts or suits.
Pros
Employee environment and company activites.
Cons
Lack of training and support.
Very Fast Paced
KILN OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNJuly 15, 2017
Hours are very long. Have to stand for most of 12 hours. The schedule is on a swing shift of 6wks on days and 6wks on nights. Hardest part of the job would be handstacking tile and shoveling broken tile.
Productive and fast paced
Glazing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNJuly 13, 2017
Great place to work. There is so much to learn and you will always be challenged. The management team is 50/50, some are great and some need work and more experience.
Pros
Compensation. Workers. Future.
Cons
Schedule. Insurance.
very good place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE/WAREHOUSE (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 12, 2017
this is a very good place to work. the people and leadership are great and knowledgeable. the store was fantastic and the customers will be missed. loved it
All about the people
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 11, 2017
I, unfortunately, had a short time at Dal-tile due to family matters. But the people were amazing they instantly became like family. It was a great place to work when wanting to work with homeowners and designers.
fun place to learn
EHS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, TXJuly 7, 2017
I learned a lot while working here. The staff is understanding and helps you to learn while doing your job. People are compassionate and flexible. Clean worksite.
wonderful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 5, 2017
wonderful work environment!!
I had a great team to work with, great benefits and loved every minute of my employment
I learned so much about the tile world. The installation products and various vendors. Its a fast paced job, met a lot of wonderful people.
Pros
the people
Cons
nothing, I loved it
No room for growth in customer service
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2017
Management in the customer service department is prejudice and holds favoritism. There is no room for growth and they do not compensate their employees.
Pros
Cons
bad location, no growth, bad management