DAL Global Services Employee Reviews

Changing Environment and growing company
Leadership Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Based in AtlantaDecember 6, 2016
The management is very productive and engaged on a mission to adapt to a new structure and culture. There is a major shift toward the use of technology to connect the 170 plus locations to the corporate mission.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Not a good place to work!!!
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIDecember 1, 2016
This place does not value any of its employees to the point they will schedule you hours that you can not work even though you put in your availability a month ago. Long, hard, physical labor. The fellow people that you do work with are nice and they all try to make the best out the situation because everyone knows that working here sucks. Flight benifits are nice, but you will rarely get to use them in the summertime because the schedule here is so messed up.
Pros
FLIGHT BENIFITS
Cons
Non flexable schedule
Good job and good working conditions.
Systems Engineer - Availability Team (Current Employee) –  Hapeville, GADecember 10, 2016
Good job and good working conditions. Liked support from management but job was not renewed. Learned now skills from different applications.It was a good company to work for.
Pros
Allowed increased skills
Cons
Job had short renewal cycle.
Terrible company under Delta airlines.
Station Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LouisianaFebruary 25, 2016
I only worked as long as a did for the company was because I loved working with aircraft, helping customers, and meeting new people. The company does not care about the employees just station performance. Had a station manager lie and say a did not complete my two week notice so that I would not be eligible for rehire after I refused to work under her leadership when plenty of employees that knew I did complete it with no help from my regional manager. Not the place if you are looking for a career at all. And the flight benefits are not what they use to be under this company.
benefits
Cons
managment, HR, work place
Terrible place to work wouldn't recommend anyone to work here
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIFebruary 20, 2016
This is not a good place to work, the management sucks, people literally get fired for no reason, HR does not help, management does not care for you at ALL! The only good thing about this company is having Delta benefits that's it other then that this company is not fair and does not care for you.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Everything else
Work is good, management not so much
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 8, 2016
I've been working part time for about 7 months now. On busy nights we will be working all night and time flies which is great. The pay isn't great but if you make use of the flight benefit, the job "pay" is way up there. Most of the other people I work with are hard workers. Management is pretty bad, with about 1 exception. They don't provide updates on what is happening and constantly flip flop on what they are telling us. From what I can tell this comes from Senior Management. Senior management, one guy whom I have never seen nor has he responded to my emails to him, is always have our direct management give us these vague orders. Clean better. Well tell me exactly what it is we are doing incorrectly so we can fix it.

Just come to work, do the best you can, and you will be fine. The work can be a little tough especially when flights come in back to back, but it's what you expect from a labor job.

Make use of the flight benefit.
Hands on and fun job
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Attend to aircraft arrivals and departures. Loading baggage and cleaning interior of aircraft when needed. Very fun job with ability to work around aircraft and machinery.
Excellent benefits. Lacking management supprt
Agent (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 7, 2015
Benefits are great whether casual or full time employee. Management support does not exist as when problems arise it's "every man for himself". They rather blame than fix the problem. Would have given management 0 stars but that's not an option.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
No management backbone.
Not a good place to work
Wheelchair Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 18, 2015
This job has no Vacation Pay, Sick Leave, and no time off unless covered by another employee. There was a skeletal crew everyday. Coworkers were great to work with. Management was unskilled. There was no break room provided, so you had to eat wherever you could. I loved working on the floor with the passengers. Only there for the flight benefits.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Short hours, unconcerned managers
ramp agent
Ramp agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 15, 2013
working hard sweating lifting heavy bags must be quick on your feet during summer i learned that there is favortism in some jobs management was very poor bribery for advancement harrassment on the job my co-workers were okay hardest part of the job dealing with the stress and lifting heavy bags everyday enjoyable time would be the down time
Cons
harrassment, low wages, flight benifits sucked, high rate of termination
Fast past and upbeat place
Baggage Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 8, 2013
This was on ok job really different from what I was use to. A typical day at work will include learning how to prioritize that was one of the main things that you had to learn. I learned different flight codes and how to arrange baggage to make sure that the luggage went on the proper flight at the proper time.
As far as management goes they were not that great if you had an issue there was really no one you can talk to about it any issues that you might have. The co-workers where great it was very diverse which made it even better because I got to learn about many different backgrounds and cultures which is always interesting.
The hardest part about the job was the constant lifting on a typical day you would probably lift push or pull any where from five-hundred bags to well over a thousand, and that's not including the whole day, and being to it that the airport does not close the bags never stop coming and taking a break is very hard to do.
The only thing I really enjoyed about this job was the flight benefits even though the pay was not that great we got discounted tickets on flights anywhere we wanted to go.
But overall like any other job the experience was great I learned a lot from this company.
Pros
flight benefits, and all the lifting you did not need a gym
Cons
back, knee, shoulder, and joint pains
Enjoyed the flying benefits and work assignments.
ABM's Facility Services Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30354April 12, 2016
Typical day: Publication's Department (Atlantic Southeast Airlines) was a daily meeting to discuss changes and new material for all flight manuals.
Pros
Flying Privileges
Poor company
Cabin Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 10, 2014
The hours are okay.This job goes by seniority. People can gives their shifts away so that they can take a personal day off of work or fly which is pretty cool. However, the management is horrible. Nothing is organized. Their constantly throwing people around to make up for other employees lack of work.

The contract just changed. So DGS employees are loosing their flights benefits as of April 2014. Poor communication.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Poor comunication, lost benefits, no flights, minium wages $7.55/ $8.40
Great Place
Ramp Agent Lead (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCDecember 19, 2014
You'll work hard as a mule some days and not at all on others. The type of day you'll have is dependent on the aircraft schedule. Example: Aircraft coming in a leaving all day = busy day. Christmas day with one or two flights = slow day. I wouldn't mind going back to work for this company as their benefits are some of the best in the world (free airfare). However, working five days a week and not much vacation time earned makes it hard to use these benefits.
Fun place to work because of benefits
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIAugust 15, 2015
very different job being outside with airplanes the whole day! if u like having lots of free time this is the place to work. In between flights there's usually 30 minutes to 40 min of free time!

your co workers are usually ok to work with since this is a team environment its better if you get along with everyone! management is the only downside in my opinion! it always felt like they never cared for there employees!

Your able to fly for free as long as you work there, that's good enough to at least give it a shot
Good benefits, job structure could be better
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  JFKSeptember 2, 2015
Everything i was told about the job, i had expected work wise. however the job structure need a lot of work. For starters they hired a lot of people that didn't have high school diplomas or GED's. they also hired quite a few people who couldn't speak english to it made communication difficult. I was only given one work short and i was charged 30 dollars for additional shirts and i was expected to work 5 days a week. This was at the JFK location.
Pros
The free Flights
Cons
The management, the language barrier
Work Place Is Decent
Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 20, 2013
Scan Barcode Load and Unload passenger's luggage. I learned how to priorities luggage. Military style timing. Management for the most part is half decent could be better. Leads and Supervisors have no power when it comes to satisfying the employees. Hardest part of my job is working in cold weather but i have gotten use to it. Most enjoyable part of my job is getting my flights done in time and accordingly.
Pros
Free Flight Benefits
Cons
No sick days, Paid Vacation
It is kind of a crab-shoot
(DGS)-Ramp/Cabin Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Terminal 1-San Diego International AirportDecember 14, 2015
Working for this company has/had its good days and bad days. The way upper management treats its employees is not the best. There is no real team at this job, but you will make some friends along the way.
Easy Going
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 26, 2015
DAL Global Services is a great way to get into the airline industry. The flight benefits for the most part are worth the trial and error of this ever growing company. I recommend this job for entry level applicants. however the pay sucks
Hard work but great benefits
Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 21, 2012
Typical day involves loading and unloading bags, heavy bags..Lots of chances to learn however pay is depressingly low. Upside to the job is the people you work with, as in co-workers, don't expect help from management. The only thing worthwhile about the job is the flight benefits.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
poor management, hard work for low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DAL Global Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7