DAL Global Services

DAL Global Services Employer Reviews

Was Great in the beginning, but my opinions have changed
Ramp Supervisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 17, 2014
Pros: free flights
Cons: staffing, pay, management, coprorate management etc.
Working for DGS was great in the beginning, but over time my happiness with this company started dwindling away. After my station manager Mark Warnock left (JAX), everything has just been on a downward spiral. The only true benefit offered with this company is the free flight benefits, minus the fact that you fly as a stand by passenger. I learned a – more... ton about aircraft, and the aviation industry and I do love this field of work, but the poor management all the way up to the corporate level is terrible. We are always under staffed, and everybody is under paid. The starting salary for agents in JAX is 7.93 an hour. Pretty scary that someone who has a salary lower than an employee at McDonalds is loading the 50 million dollar aircraft you are flying on.
The hardest part about this job is dealing with the daily stress of having to oversee many flights a day, and not having the proper equipment or staffing to efficiently do so. I love flying for free, and I work with some pretty great people, but this is not enough incentive for me to stay with this company. They treat their employees poorly, pay them poorly, and as much as they want to say free flights compensate for the pay, free flights do not pay my bills. I would not recommend any body work for this company unless they plan on part time employment to enjoy the free flight benefits. – less
Poor company
Cabin Service Agent (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 10, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: poor comunication, lost benefits, no flights, minium wages $7.55/ $8.40
The hours are okay.This job goes by seniority. People can gives their shifts away so that they can take a personal day off of work or fly which is pretty cool. However, the management is horrible. Nothing is organized. Their constantly throwing people around to make up for other employees lack of work.

The contract just changed. So DGS employees are – more... loosing their flights benefits as of April 2014. Poor communication. – less
Baggage Handler (Former Employee), Queens, NYFebruary 24, 2014
It is not a place where you can have fun and play, its about getting your job done and making passengers feel happy.
Work Place Is Decent
Baggage Handler (Current Employee), Queens, NYDecember 20, 2013
Pros: free flight benefits
Cons: no sick days, paid vacation
Scan Barcode Load and Unload passenger's luggage. I learned how to priorities luggage. Military style timing. Management for the most part is half decent could be better. Leads and Supervisors have no power when it comes to satisfying the employees. Hardest part of my job is working in cold weather but i have gotten use to it. Most enjoyable part of – more... my job is getting my flights done in time and accordingly. – less
A day with me
Ramp Agent/Cabin Services (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2013
Typical day at work for me is to arrive on time, totally enthusiastic and highly motivated. Check my schedule and see what my duties are for the day. Make sure that all of my equipment is ready and wait in anticipation for my flight to arrive. Apon arrival of my flights carry out my set duties along with my co-workers. This is a great and exciting job.The – more... most enjoyable part about it is not failing the two-hundred people on the flights that entrust me with their safety and there lives each day. – less
Hard work with great benefits.
RAMP AGENT/LOAD DESK AGENT/BAG ROOM AGENT (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 22, 2013
Enjoyed working there. Great job for a part timer. Only seasonal work. No work in the cold months,..
fun workpleace with everybody
Cabin Service Agent (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYMay 31, 2013
Pros: flight benifite
Cons: healthcare
this job i learn lot of things. management is good.i am very friendly with co-worker. everyday i enjoy with this job
ramp agent
Ramp agent (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 15, 2013
Cons: harrassment, low wages, flight benifits sucked, high rate of termination
working hard sweating lifting heavy bags must be quick on your feet during summer i learned that there is favortism in some jobs management was very poor bribery for advancement harrassment on the job my co-workers were okay hardest part of the job dealing with the stress and lifting heavy bags everyday enjoyable time would be the down time
AN OKEY PLACE TO WORK WHEN YOU LOOKING FOR SOMTHING BETER
Export Agent (Former Employee), JFK INTL AIRPORT JAMAICA NYMay 9, 2013
Pros: you could travel around usa without paying that much
Cons: short break no healthcare benefits and also employee benefit
The hardest part of the job is that sometimes the customer and the lead agent are not that patient.
the coolest thing do is that there is a sense of team work in all employee that sometimes make our job easy.
what I learned from this job is to be alert at all times to always pay attention of what you doing it made you more responsible.
Awesome place to work, played chess in the lunchroom or cards
Baggage Ramp Agent (Former Employee), SeattleApril 25, 2013
Loaded and unloaded airplanes, directed planes on tarmac, operating forklift and trailer loader.
great work place
Ramp/Gate agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 22, 2013
i really enjoyed working at DAL Global i learned alot about the airlines and have a new found reapect for airline workers
Challenging, Fast-Paced Work
Ramp/Cabin Agent (Current Employee), Tamuning, GUMarch 14, 2013
This job will test your limits, you must be a well trained and organized team player.
Fast past and upbeat place
Baggage Service Agent (Former Employee), Queens, NYFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: flight benefits, and all the lifting you did not need a gym
Cons: back, knee, shoulder, and joint pains
This was on ok job really different from what I was use to. A typical day at work will include learning how to prioritize that was one of the main things that you had to learn. I learned different flight codes and how to arrange baggage to make sure that the luggage went on the proper flight at the proper time.
As far as management goes they were not – more... that great if you had an issue there was really no one you can talk to about it any issues that you might have. The co-workers where great it was very diverse which made it even better because I got to learn about many different backgrounds and cultures which is always interesting.
The hardest part about the job was the constant lifting on a typical day you would probably lift push or pull any where from five-hundred bags to well over a thousand, and that's not including the whole day, and being to it that the airport does not close the bags never stop coming and taking a break is very hard to do.
The only thing I really enjoyed about this job was the flight benefits even though the pay was not that great we got discounted tickets on flights anywhere we wanted to go.
But overall like any other job the experience was great I learned a lot from this company. – less
great dedicated workers
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: every day is different
Cons: contract may change every two years
clean inside of planes.
FAA security, OSHA safety, fork lift, supervise workers, billing, daily staffing, work load.
Great co-workers, we all work together to get the job done.
making sure everyone is safe, get planes clean on time.
working with dedicated people.
Productive and great place to work
Ramp Agent- Fulltime - 40 Hrs/wk (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 14, 2012
Pros: the benefits
Cons: nothing
-Everyday was a great day especially the first day of the week.
-I like to read the instructions and follow all the rules.
-The managers were excellent people and good leaders to teach.
-The co-workers were hard working people ready to complete our task.
-Nothing was hard about the job.
-I loved to do my job with outstanding responsibility.
Hard work but great benefits
Lead (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: poor management, hard work for low pay
Typical day involves loading and unloading bags, heavy bags..Lots of chances to learn however pay is depressingly low. Upside to the job is the people you work with, as in co-workers, don't expect help from management. The only thing worthwhile about the job is the flight benefits.
The company swcurity department
Security Technician (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2012
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: no work, all about who you know.
It is all about who you know in this department. It is hard to get your hours even when you turn your days in to work for the month.
Good work place
Ramp Lead Agent/Ramp Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 5, 2012
Pros: co workers
Cons: mangers
it a good place to work it good place where lot of people enjoy working around planes and lot of people
dal global services
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee), dallas fortworth int airportApril 16, 2012
i loved it nice big airport working as a team helping others..

About DAL Global Services

Just as a delta is a symbol for change in math, Delta Air Lines symbolizes the changing mathematics of the airline industry. Delta┬ábecame – Read more