DAL Global Services Employee Reviews

Cool job, terrible industry
Agent In Charge (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 6, 2017
I loved working at the airport with the planes, I truly loved the job itself. But the airline industry is a train wreak. We had mandatory overtime, mad management, pay cuts when we should've been getting raises because our company got bought out. It's unstable, inconsistent and WAY too much work and responsibility for minimum wage!
Pros
Free stand-by flights WHEN you can actually get off to go anywhere
Cons
Minimum wage, unaffordable benefits, scheduling, insecure industry
Its ok
Airport Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2017
Everything in the airline is pretty much the same. Management is a little stressful but once you get the hang of it is easy. Their benefits are great just the pay is not that great.
Flying benefits
Cabin Agent (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 26, 2017
The environment was fast-paced, and at times stressful due to quick turnovers of aircraft. The best part of the job was the flying benefits. The ability to travel on any Delta aircraft to any destination they were traveling to for free or reduced fare. Immediate family was able to fly for free as well.
Pros
Flying benefits
Cons
short breaks
Poor Management
Ramp Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 25, 2017
Always short handed and workers no show. Also Manager only
shows up 2 to 3 days a week. Some morning there is no Supervisor
or manager on site. When we are short there is no one to call in
because of low numbers of employees. We have only 4 full time
employees, 33 part time and 24 Reserve. They work only 2 days
a week. And we are in service from 5am. too 12pm and this is on
the slow season.
Pros
free flight to some states and pay taxes with other airlines.
Cons
Short of employees low pay rate. $9.hr.
Ambiente Pacífico
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  John F. Kennedy Airport, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Me parece una buena compañía lo único q sugeriría es que los de los días libres deben arreglarlo porque ofrecen flight benefits pero no le dan la disponibilidad para poder usarlos
Pros
Seguro médico
Cons
Attendance policy
Don't work here...
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 13, 2017
You perform the same functions as the parent company employees but receive half he pay. Management doesn't care about its employees. They want you to devote your life to DGS but won't help you out when you need it. They avoid you when you try to come to them with an issue with the station or with what they have done. Management won't accommodate you for religious purposes or any other issues you have in your personal life. No paid vacation, they won't even approve request for unpaid days off. Since management doesn't want to help us people call out leaving us short for the day especially when no one else wants to come in to help. Stay away from here!
Pros
Fly free, but on standby
Cons
Hard to fly on standby
Awesome flight benefits
Cargo Agent (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 2, 2017
Management could be better. No paid vacation. Free domestic flights is the best thing about working for this company. Work is fine. Good learning experience. Fine job if you're single and have no responsibilities.
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
No paid vacation
No Oppurtunity to Excel
Ramp Agent/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 17, 2017
The company does not have any sort of integrity. Hard work is not recognized. I have learned many things by choice. I learned and bettered myself on my own. I learned more then required to provide excellent customer service, customer safety, and even helped teach fellow co-workers. No pay raise is given once topped out. Top out pay is in single digits per hour. The pay varies location, but still the pay does not merit the job responsibility. There is no incentive or benefit for loyal employees. Not to mention the safety and responsibility an airline employee has in getting a customer from one city to another. Company provides no room for growth. Although job was fun and worth it when it was ran by a previous company, I would never recommend it to anyone. The only good experience is I made great friends and I traveled a bit and have seen beautiful places when it was affordable. The company as the saying goes, "Puts a hole in your pocket."
Pros
Flight Benefits
Cons
Everything besides Flight Benefits
Fun and fast paced
baggage Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2017
Must be ready to work the moment you get in and starch all body for the day. Workplace environment is always relaxed space to enjoy a quit moment. The hardest part I would say is being under staffed when it happens.. The most enjoyable time in this job is you get a great work out all away around and this job really doesn't give you time to let your mind wonder for too long!
Pros
under staffed, short handed
Cons
fly for free to an 50 states and pay small fee for out of the country fares!
It was a bit stressful, but interesting
Cleaner/Caterer/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIMay 25, 2017
I worked at the airport, started as a midnight cleaner, then went to ramp, then ended up as a caterer. Very stressful, there was less people then there should be, but at the airport, that's probably because you can't account for every strange thing that happens.
Pros
Downtime, meeting people
Cons
Rushing, stressful, security
alright first job
Interline Runner/ Bag Room Lead (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMay 19, 2017
This was the first job i had out of high school. I worked with a great group of people and learned a lot. would recommend to anyone who can handle lifting the bags and needs a job.
Not a fun place to work
Troubleshooter (Former Employee) –  Ozone Park, NYApril 26, 2017
It was a very slow environment, there was no chance to move up, and management was not very accommodating.
When I first started working there it was not so bad, once the manager left and his manager stepped in, things just went downhill
Pros
Free flight benefits
Cons
No paid vacations
Love working with people
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 12, 2017
Love working with people and hard work.
The job is like a work out.
Never boring.
Opportunity for advancement.
Love the benefits.
I enjoy the challenges.
Pros
A hard work out.
Cons
Short breaks.
Managment could be better but nothing to really complain about
RAMP AGENT (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 15, 2017
Fast paced work with a great environment even though harsh conditions take a toll on your body but there's lots of help and free lunches sometimes. Also come with flight benefits
Pros
free food flight benifits fast paced work
Cons
harsh weather
need to pay better
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA 23518February 15, 2017
need to pay better. need to give more hrs.work is not to bad.to much responcablity for the pay we get.mngrs are good.people I work with aregood team members
i love job
Assist and handle fragile baggage (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2017
I love working for Dal Global Services because I was able to talk to my passager .I was transported people from the plane to they other gate if they have a Connecting flight or if they stay in Atlanta them I will take them baggage claim and I also worked the baggage claim
Pros
love to make sure people got luggage
Cons
lost the contract
great place to work
AirlineSecurity (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 30, 2017
There are no two days alike. Constant movement, breathless moments and everybody is always moving. If your eyes move too slow you will miss everything.
Must have ability to work in various weather types
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 15, 2017
Typical day at work is very routine and physically demanding. I learned to be time sensitive. Management is somewhat fair. Hardest part of my job is the weather and aircraft heavy loads. Most enjoyable is flight benefits.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Weather
Hands on and fun job
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Attend to aircraft arrivals and departures. Loading baggage and cleaning interior of aircraft when needed. Very fun job with ability to work around aircraft and machinery.
Good job and good working conditions.
Systems Engineer - Availability Team (Current Employee) –  Hapeville, GADecember 10, 2016
Good job and good working conditions. Liked support from management but job was not renewed. Learned now skills from different applications.It was a good company to work for.
Pros
Allowed increased skills
Cons
Job had short renewal cycle.