DAL Global Services Employee Reviews

Fun place to work because of benefits
Baggage Handler (Former Employee), Romulus, MIAugust 15, 2015
very different job being outside with airplanes the whole day! if u like having lots of free time this is the place to work. In between flights there's usually 30 minutes to 40 min of free time!

your co workers are usually ok to work with since this is a team environment its better if you get along with everyone! management is the only downside in my opinion! it always felt like they never cared for there employees!

Your able to fly for free as long as you work there, that's good enough to at least give it a shot
Airport
Cabin Agent (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYJuly 28, 2015
Provided cleaning services to 15-20 aircrafts per day
Vacuumed aircraft floors, moped galleys and cleaning tray tables
Cleaned aircraft lavatories and emptied aircraft waste receptacles
Stocked aircraft with cabin service supplies
With this job it was fun to work at you get to meet and see different people and also learn about the airport and planes.
Its a Great Company and the workplace very excellent
Baggage Service Agent (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYApril 25, 2015
Pros: Free Flight Benefit
Cons: Long break like hour Break
I like to work for a company offer you great Benefits and the work environment are Great .No Pressure if you do your assignment on the jobs
good job
Lead Ground Agent (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 12, 2015
this was a good job that would let you learn about the airline industry and how the aircraft works and is operated you also get to interact with air traffic control
Somewhere to start
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: great popcorn
Cons: unsanitary
I learned how to be fast paste and work with others. This was my first job and I grew from here. The people knew how to work and due business. Enjoyed their time and the learning process I had to go through
Graveyard is a stressful work environment
Cabin Service Agent (Current Employee), SeaTac, WAMarch 7, 2015
DGS is not for the weak of heart. During the winter many people quit and more stress is put on teams. I learned patience from this job. I enjoyed the co-workers and the humor graveyard provided.
Good company
Ticketing Agent (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 5, 2015
Everyone is helpful and friendly. Enjoy working with supervisors and co-workers. A good training environment. Learning to board and deplane passengers, tagging bags, issuing boarding passes.
Great Place
Ramp Agent Lead (Former Employee), Greer, SCDecember 19, 2014
You'll work hard as a mule some days and not at all on others. The type of day you'll have is dependent on the aircraft schedule. Example: Aircraft coming in a leaving all day = busy day. Christmas day with one or two flights = slow day. I wouldn't mind going back to work for this company as their benefits are some of the best in the world (free airfare). However, working five days a week and not much vacation time earned makes it hard to use these benefits.
met friends that will last a lifetime, good team work
Cabin Service Agent (Former Employee), Romulus, MIOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free flying priviliges
Cons: short breaks, work in extreme cold/hot weather conditions
This job has flexible hours, part time or full time hours, If you were fortunate enough to get into a good group of people to work with you had a great team and the work ran smoothly. Here I found life long friends that I enjoyed working with and leading into a great work day/night. The hardest part of this job was the extreme weather conditions. The benefits of this job (free flying) was awesome.
Learned a lot. Truly enjoyed the job.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 13, 2014
Work days were great! Some days busy, some not so busy. But the busy days were the best! I would go home with a great sense of accomplishment.

I learned how to be a team player while also leading the team.

Directly assisted supervisor in radio transmission to control tower and also incoming aircraft.

After completing my tasks, I would assist others in completing theirs.

The lifting.

Marshaling aircraft to and from gate and signaling to pilot that he's clear to begin taxi to runway.
Flight Benefits!
Part-Time Temp Cargo Agent (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: flight benefits!
Cons: they rarely answer the phone!
Flight benefits! It's just like any other Temp Agency. Most of the recruiters are lazy and have horrible customer service. They have very little jobs available most of the time.
Delta Ground Slave
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 9, 2014
Pros: unlimited domestic and 18 trans-oceanic flights per year for $50
Cons: low pay, not appreciated
I have worked for several ground handling companies, and to my knowledge, DGS is the bottom of the barrel. They made 10 billion dollars last year, but pay ground handlers $8. It doesn't matter to them if you have one day or 20 years of experience, they payscale is the same. If you work for DGS do it only part time, or you will starve! In defense of DGS they don't sugar coat things. You take it or leave it.They also dont pay you based on your technical knowledge. If you load bag,s push back planes, sevrice lavatories, or do air starts, you still make $8. They only people that are paid better are supervisors and Operations agent ($9)
Very Fast Paced and Organized
Performance Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: structured
Cons: short breaks, not the greatest on employee treatment
This company doesn't really existed anymore but they were very professional and always made sure the job was done right.
Energetic work area, fun co-workers and various jobs to do to keep busy
United service Agent (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 5, 2014
Pros: flys for free
Cons: cutting hours
Days start off really good with other reliable co workers, some passengers might try to go over the edge or give some one a challenge but theres always someone here to help avoid any miscommunication between the agent and passengers.
Was Great in the beginning, but my opinions have changed
Ramp Supervisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 17, 2014
Pros: free flights
Cons: staffing, pay, management, coprorate management etc.
Working for DGS was great in the beginning, but over time my happiness with this company started dwindling away. After my station manager Mark Warnock left (JAX), everything has just been on a downward spiral. The only true benefit offered with this company is the free flight benefits, minus the fact that you fly as a stand by passenger. I learned a ton about aircraft, and the aviation industry and I do love this field of work, but the poor management all the way up to the corporate level is terrible. We are always under staffed, and everybody is under paid. The starting salary for agents in JAX is 7.93 an hour. Pretty scary that someone who has a salary lower than an employee at McDonalds is loading the 50 million dollar aircraft you are flying on.
The hardest part about this job is dealing with the daily stress of having to oversee many flights a day, and not having the proper equipment or staffing to efficiently do so. I love flying for free, and I work with some pretty great people, but this is not enough incentive for me to stay with this company. They treat their employees poorly, pay them poorly, and as much as they want to say free flights compensate for the pay, free flights do not pay my bills. I would not recommend any body work for this company unless they plan on part time employment to enjoy the free flight benefits.
Poor company
Cabin Service Agent (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 10, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: poor comunication, lost benefits, no flights, minium wages $7.55/ $8.40
The hours are okay.This job goes by seniority. People can gives their shifts away so that they can take a personal day off of work or fly which is pretty cool. However, the management is horrible. Nothing is organized. Their constantly throwing people around to make up for other employees lack of work.

The contract just changed. So DGS employees are loosing their flights benefits as of April 2014. Poor communication.
Baggage Handler (Former Employee), Queens, NYFebruary 24, 2014
It is not a place where you can have fun and play, its about getting your job done and making passengers feel happy.
Work Place Is Decent
Baggage Handler (Current Employee), Queens, NYDecember 20, 2013
Pros: free flight benefits
Cons: no sick days, paid vacation
Scan Barcode Load and Unload passenger's luggage. I learned how to priorities luggage. Military style timing. Management for the most part is half decent could be better. Leads and Supervisors have no power when it comes to satisfying the employees. Hardest part of my job is working in cold weather but i have gotten use to it. Most enjoyable part of my job is getting my flights done in time and accordingly.
A day with me
Ramp Agent/Cabin Services (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2013
Typical day at work for me is to arrive on time, totally enthusiastic and highly motivated. Check my schedule and see what my duties are for the day. Make sure that all of my equipment is ready and wait in anticipation for my flight to arrive. Apon arrival of my flights carry out my set duties along with my co-workers. This is a great and exciting job.The most enjoyable part about it is not failing the two-hundred people on the flights that entrust me with their safety and there lives each day.
Hard work with great benefits.
RAMP AGENT/LOAD DESK AGENT/BAG ROOM AGENT (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 22, 2013
Enjoyed working there. Great job for a part timer. Only seasonal work. No work in the cold months,..