Dale Carnegie Training

Dale Carnegie Training Employee Reviews

Great for its customers and not as much for its employees
Area Manager & Sales Operations Trainer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2016
Manage a region of sales managers that find, maintain, and close business through executive level communications. Learned more than I could ever have dreamed to on top of what I already have learned that is invaluable in moving forward. Management is lacking in its leadership and ability to see the big picture in moving forward and lacks the skills we implement for organizations around us on a daily basis. Great co-workers but a high turnover.
excellent benefits
TRAINER AND SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCMay 7, 2016
Great company excellent colleges that work together as a team. I am very glad that I had the experience that I gained from working with such wonderful people.
Pros
Great flexiablity
Dale Carnegie - Leadership and Communications Mentor
Dale Carnegie Mentor - Relevant Academy (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MIJuly 8, 2015
My job was to mentor 6 different students. My job was to push the students and bring them out of there comfort zones to show them how to better communicate and how to be leaders. I would check in with each student individually to see how they were doing in the class, what i could do to help them be successful in the class, and if they needed anything from me (i.e encouragement etc.)

I learned how to communicate with others and lead others. I learned that i really love working with people, as a leader.
Great Company to work for
Client Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 4, 2015
They are always there if you have any questions. Insurance is nice but pricey. Franchises are always a great tool to talk with to see what they are needing in the field.
Amazing career that lets you help people and make great commisions!
Performance Coach (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 1, 2015
The people that you help are so appreciative.
Management could not be better people.
The ability to grow your own skills with their training
Great Working Experience
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIJanuary 29, 2015
People are great and the training is the best you could ever receive.
I was hired for telemarketing and customer service and was pushed into Sales where I didn't feel comfortable, plus longer hours expected, which was hard due to family obligations. It is a great experience though the classes are life changing.
Cons
Late hour demands and schedule and position changes too often
Sincere and authentic belief in the product
VP, Training & Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2015
Though new management / owner and I did not share the same vision, the product is a legitimate one and really does work. Also, felt like the entire company on a global scale was like a family.
Fun atmosphere
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 28, 2015
Great benefits as you can take the Dale Carnegie Courses they offer. The most enjoyable part of the day is the friendly atmosphere, great work relationships, team work and human relation education.
Pros
Courses
Enjoyable work enviroment, challegeing work ethics
Administrator, Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2014
Typical day is walking through the door ready to work. Puting tags and tents together for clients classes and helping prepare the rooms. Your manager having confidence in the knowlegde that you know what to do and leaving you in charge to get it done. The hardest part of the job is not wanting to stop working and the most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers that great you as if you are part of the team.
Pros
The scholarship, timing your lunch hour to fit your needs.
Cons
Living up to your own standards.
A great opportunity to work with Dale Carnegie.
Administrative Assistant, Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2014
I have been given a great opportunity to study and work with some wonderful co-workers as a intern. I learned a lot about the company and how it is runned. I learned how not to disagree and follow with a yes. I learned that to listen and understand what that person is saying.

I learned about the different departments within the company and how they compliment each other by helping one another when need.

I found that the hardest part of the job was finding other jobs to do after I finished my assignments.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the easy atmosphere that I had the to work.
Pros
Being a part of the team even through I was an Intern.
Cons
Not enough work. I can be a workaholic.
Helping people to move to the next level in life.
Certified Instructor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers,FloridaDecember 2, 2013
Very supportive company with high rewards for meeting expectations.
The courses are designed to help people from all walks of life with training in building careers and relationships.
The greatest reward as an instructor is to see people grow and make changes in their lives that make them stronger individuals.
The hardest part in the beginning is often to get them to believe and understand that with work they can be anything they want to be.
Pros
Rewarding employees in various ways for a job well done.
Cons
None that were of any consequence
Course in Public Speaking and Leadership
Public Speaking and Leadership Course (Former Employee) –  Ovid, MiAugust 14, 2015
Great course to assist with public speaking and dealing with customer relations as well as leadership training

A 10 week course
Contract work
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 12, 2015
This was contract work through a third party.

It was fun and rewarding, however I still have no idea what my contribution played toward an end goal.
Pros
Self motivated, paid upon invoice.
Cons
lack of direction.
Great place to start developing effective sales and communications after college.
Senior Performance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CANovember 6, 2012
Won “The Rookie of the Year” award for selling over $200K in training my first year in the business,

A top performing B to B commission only outside sales consultant that exceeded my sales goals and grew sales by over 20% every year with the company during a recession.

Developed the ability to schedule meetings with busy business owners and CEOs to understand their training needs and businesses. Asked consultative questions and created and effectively delivered proposals to provide real value through implementing our comprehensive training solutions.

Developed world class oral communication skills.

Effectively managed my South Bay Territory with a high degree of customer focus and new business development with clients like the U.S. Military, several multi-site Raytheon facilities, Time Warner Cable
Great culture
Managing Director- South Dakota (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 27, 2014
This job requires that I work from home. While that is a nice benefit it also comes with its challenges. It is easy to feel isolated from the company when you are working on your own. I am looking for an opportunity to become part of a close knit team.
Great Comapny
MARKETING AND ADMINISTRATION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 4, 2015
Great people, great culture and the Dale Carnegie course is still very relevant even after 100 years of being in use.

Love this company!
Fantastic opportunity, worked for a great franchise
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 21, 2013
I couldn't have been happier with the people I worked with here. It was a great learning experience and really helped me get a better understanding of the field.
A great place to work. You learn a lot on your job. top notch training
Performance Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2013
A lot of learning but no benefits are given.
The training for sales, and human relations is most valuable and enriches employees.
positive fun
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  780 Third Ave. New York, NY 10017January 14, 2013
I was an intern there and the people in my marketing office was wonderful, the work went smooth, i have no complaints about Dale Carnegie. I had a great time there.
consultant
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 16, 2014
Horrible place to work! The COO not a leader and doesn't use the Dale Carnegie Principals or tools himself.
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dale Carnegie Training. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4