DALLAS AIRMOTIVE Employee Reviews in United States

Bad Leadership
Testcell Engine Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2016
The typical day is a based upon the workload. Normally your assigned with a partner and with one task or engine to complete throughout the day. I learned how to build, test, and preserve multiple variations of different engine models. Management in my opinion was not fit for the job. Some of my co-workers were fun to work with at times. The most enjoyable part about my job was that feeling of accomplishment when my task was completed.
Pros
The overtime
Cons
bad leadership
Exemplory company
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2015
This company has a great culture and a highly tenured workforce. The union environment made it very hard to function as a supervisor. The company merged two facilities and my department suffered layoffs.

Management was good, however there was a few secrets kept that were enormously impactful to the workforce causing doubt and disinterest in the ranks.
Pros
Product.
Cons
Weak leadership. Poor union relations
Great Learning Experience
Materials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 1, 2016
I worked here for over 30 years. It was a great work environment, where I was hoping to continue working. I learned a great deal during my time there.
Great place
A&P Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2015
Very productive and organized. I learned so much about total tear down and building of jet engines. Management was helpful and easy to work for. Made great friends with my co-workers. Hardest part of the job was shift work. The best part was when I got on day shift and got off early.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Shift work
a
Engine Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 20, 2015
I like the company but how they run it is not needed i would still have my job today if they weren't so technical. the company does not require you to have a license but they told me get one or i'm fired i didnt get it in time
Layoffs nonstop
Senior Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 2, 2013
This company will lay you off in in a heartbeat without any reason never work here! You can work 3600 hours a year then as soon as they think they might be slow they will lay you off! Worst mistake I made in my career never going here! They have employes that sit and do nothing for over a month but they will lay you off if you live in Dallas even if your working nonstop because you are easier to lay off! Military friendly is a joke they layed off all veterans without a thought about it!
Pros
decent pay
Cons
never get a day off if you live in dfw and the worst managment you could imagine!
Planner for production control, then move to warehouse
Production Control Specialist/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Worked off a Hot List each day of parts I had to get through production to meet customer deadlines. Then got transferred to the warehouse where I pulled internal and external sales orders, shipped and received parts, and loaded trucks with fork lift.
Pros
great pay with all the overtime you wanted.was a great chance to make extra money.
Cons
union, love it or hate it
Good solid company
Manager of Engineering (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2012
Good solid company. Lots of fun to work on jet engines. Good management and good work ethic.
good
good
Friendly employees but stressful job
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 28, 2014
This was a company worth working for in regards to professional growth, however, it was stressful.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
had to take work home at times
Every day was an adventure
Field Service Regional Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 22, 2014
My job as a First Support Supervisor was a never-ending adventure. My Role at DAI F1rst support would consist of coordinating/supervising the West Region of the United States and this consists of utilizing 15 of the most top notch Field Service Technicians in their individual fields of expertise, 6 customer service reps and also coordinating with the customer in order to schedule the down time of the aircraft. I had to learn fast, team leadership, safety, equipment management/repairs, account management, scheduling, reporting, training/development, and network management and most of all you learn the art of multitasking and you must be organized and self-motivated. Just to name a few… I had a great group of Co-Workers. We all had a sense of pride in what we’ve done at the end of the day and as we all said “I have your back “. The biggest challenges I faced are AOG’s (Aircraft on Ground with an emergency repair that is need to return the aircraft back to airworthy status) which happens occasionally. F1rst Support will get notified from the customer either by phone or, CSR (Customer Service Rep), or Bluefolder event which is an internet based customer input program. When that happens the First support team has to get the Field techs moving to the event location A.S.A.P with the proper parts and tooling to get the customer’s A/C up and running so they can continue to make revenue for their business. There are other challenges like making sure we stay inside the guidelines set out for us by our management team, juggling the needed manpower to support the even. Coordinating AOG’s  more... are a great challenge but it also comes with equally great rewards. Especially when impressing the customer enough for them to bring back their Engine work in the future. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I know I played a significant part in helping the customer out in their time of need. Whether it is putting their aircraft back in service or just getting him or her home from vacation with their family.  less
Pros
great feeling of success after the events are complete
Cons
on call 24/7
placw of work
Engine Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2012
a good stepping stone for stating out in the avaiation industry. typical day you clock in get your work orders then assemble the engine.
Pros
laid back place o work
Cons
pay
A secure company
Honeywell TFE 731 technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2014
A secure environment for those who enjoy repetition and little challenge.
Nice place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 20, 2013
Really push for more out there employee's thru education and training course's. Lot's of overtime
Pros
education mind set