Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
One of the most rewarding jobs
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2017
Although it was more of a volunteering experience, it was by far the funnest and most rewarding job anyone could have. I worked cashier in the gift store, but everyone that came in to shop made my job a lot funner! From little kids to elder people, it was amazing to hear their park experiences!
Ok Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2016
I enjoyed working at the Arboretum. It's a beautiful location, and the department I worked in was well managed.

The biggest issues were lack of communication between departments and tension between the mission of the nonprofit and the need to generate revenue.

Also, since I was part-time, there were no benefits available. It was also a seasonal position.
Pros
Cons
Dealing with irate customers
Very busy and a fun place to work at
Customer Service, Cashier, Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2015
I learned to handle a lot of customers at once, it was very difficult to do everything at once but after a while you learn to be patient and multitask.
Very fast paced, high stress work environment
Public Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2013
Each employee boasts the ability to where multiple hats to get the job complete for important deadlines.
Good place to work. Learned a lot.
Event Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2013
I worked as an on-site coordinator for the execution of hundreds of corporate meetings, weddings, banquets, receptions, and private parties.
I learned how to oversee the set-up, work with the Caterers, Musicians, Speakers, Lighting and AV and act as liaison between client, venue and vendors.
The most difficult part of the job was troubleshooting when unexpected problems came up at events.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the opportunity to meet new people every day and work with all different clients and in many different venues. No event was ever the same.