Dallas Area Rapid Transit

Dallas Area Rapid Transit Employer Reviews

Company Image is Important
Senior Mangers' Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement for education academia is a plus
Cons: micor managers is a huge problem
Secure Job in transportation industry
Multicultural Organization
Quality Management is much needed with up to date management skills and technology
Current 5-Star approach to customer service is a plus
Career Advancement is subjective to who you know
Needs Improvement
Employee (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 21, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay, management, advancement, stereotypes, chief has never been in law enforcement, inconsistent
Looks good on paper, however, it being a Secondary Police Department, the management tends to force that mentality on the entire department.
The Company I worked at was very nice (contracted to USPS)
IT Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 30, 2014
Pros: nice atmosphe, employees are nice.
Cons: i was on contract.
The company was nice to work for. I had Out of town (Northrup Gumman) supervisors.
My work we had to do a lot of Desktop Work. We also managed the Network. I was a "Administrator Privealge . I used that to help many
employees. Got the opportunity to teach a Cisco class. Change to users over to the new operating from XP to 2000.
Growing Agency
Maintenance Specialist III (Current Employee), Dallas, TxMarch 4, 2014
Pros: has a matching 401(k) contribution up to 3%
Cons: advancement into management is difficult
DART is an agency with growth potential for the highly motivated individual. The benefits and compensation are very cempetitive to other markets.
Good place to work, but ...
Project Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 7, 2013
Nice place to work with good benefits, however it's very hard to move up or get promoted does not matter how hard you work.
Productive Workplace
Federal Relations Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 30, 2013
You get out of what you put into the job. Culture is one of professionals who have been working in the industry for many years.
IT WAS A GREAT PLACE TP WORK, I WAS MISDIAGNOSED BY THE DOCTOR TRAINER THEY SAID I NEEDED INSULIN BUT I DON'T TAKE ANY KIND OF MEDICINE FOR DIABETE
bus operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: i like long hours
Cons: i have none
I ONLY HAVE SOMETIMES PROBLEM WITH HIGH BLOOD. I RECIEVE HIGH PRAISE FOR WELL DONE JOB, NOT ONLY THAT BUT YOU HAD FIFTY-NINE SECONDS OR YOU WAS LATE, YOU ONLY GET EIGHT TIMES IN ONE YEAR OR BE FIRED AND I WORKED THIRTEEN AND HALF YEARS.
Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) division facilities operate 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, working for a company like Dart is a great learning exp
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2013
There were no typical days, a transit facility must be fully staffed especially during bad weather, and therefore monitoring overtime was a top priority during a 24 hour day. I often modified my schedule to accommodate employees working the night shift for work related business.
I learned how to adjust to the situation of being an administrative assistant – more... and assisting as a backup supervisor.
I must admit never was there a boring day, my coworkers were like family to me and the hardest part of my job was seeing them go through personal struggles and private life issues.
But the most enjoyable part of my job was my job. To be able to utilize all of my business skills while accommodating so many employees, who all were pleased with me as a team player. – less
Contract Manager/P6/RPD Systems Administrator
SYSTEMS ENGINEER, PROJECT CONTROLS ADMIN (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: self-managed schdeule and daily activity
Cons: pay and benefit issues
Contract Manager12.1 Administrator:

1) Manage Oracle-Primavera databases and web based application that manages RPD documentation of all the construction projects & all associated activities.
2) Document all companies assigned to each project & employees of each company.
3) Assign and manage all granted access/permissions for each individual per module.
4) – more... Create each new project in Contract Manager as it becomes a DART Conformed Contract & all associated Federal Cost Codes.
5) Administer and manage all modules to include, but not limited to: Contacts, Letters, Correspondence Sent/Received, Meeting Minutes, Requests for Information, Transmittals, Submittals & Submittal packages, Quality Assurance reports, QA/QC Logs & Punch lists, Insurance.
6) Administer and manage all of the Change Management program in Contract Manage…including correct documentation of Change Request, Change Orders, Supplemental Agreement Change Request, and Supplemental Agreements.
7) Create and manage all InfoMaker custom reports per module for DART reporting.
8) Conduct group training program for all assigned individuals on how to use all modules properly in a 4 hour basic session
9) Conduct group training program for all assigned individuals on how to use the Contract Manager Change Management Modules correctly in an 8 hour advanced session.
10) Manage monthly reports for DART RPD for all active projects & progress reports.
11) Resolve all technical conflicts and data correction between Contract Manager and Cost Management Systems (CMS).
12) Assist all assigned project personal on proper guidelines for entering data correctly in each module and using the DART RPD approved formats.
13) Administer documentation of Change Management process and procedures in DARTnet Change Control Routing and Approval.

P6.7sp3 Administrator:
1) Administer the Oracle-Primavera databases and application installation on DART RPD production servers, and individual user’s workstations.
2) Administer RPD HQ employee access for documentation and monthly reporting procedures.
3) Manage RPD Contractor’s folders and files for importing of all project schedules and monthly reporting purposes at field sites.
4) Create individual accounts in P6 to grant access to projects and manage permissions within each project for DART employees & Contractors at designated field sites.
5) Created and manage the P6 Enterprise Project Structure for defined phases @ DART HQ.
6) Create projects, importing monthly schedules from contractors, address compatibility issues.
7) Assist in resolve any technical issues due to any errors within the application or experienced by end-user.
8) Maintain open client contract with Oracle-Primavera for P6 technical support.
9) Manage the Schedule Analyzer application, used to evaluate the monthly schedules and track monthly changes in the schedule, used to analyze & verify submitted Invoices verses the activities listed in each project.
10) Manage application and database in production server environment for latest version, upgrades of service packs for company required licensed SLA agreements.
11) Manage Oracle-Primavera P3 & P6 licensing assignments at DART HQ & field sites.
12) Procurement Team technical support provided during Contract Vetting process for P6 Schedules.
13) Assist DART IT with proper installation of all DART RPD specific applications and permissions needed to run programs from individual workstations.
RPD Systems Administrator:
1) Provide all technical services for DART RPD team and all consultants at DART Headquarters and at all field sites, (other than desktop hardware support).
2) New Employee Orientation into DART RPD & Overview of policies/procedures, DARTnet access, Computer Management & Google email access, authentication into DART.org.
3) Export data into several other custom programs for DART RPD administration evaluation and reporting purposes.
4) Administrator over DARTnet Change Control Routing and Approval, used to document all changes for each active project and role players to review, comments and recommend.
5) Prepare and confirm documentation criteria for Change Control Board meetings.
6) Provide data and cross reference validation for Cost Management Systems.
7) Manage data and adjustments for New Contingency Curve Access database.
8) Administer Change Control Reporting tool, Excel data and generate reports.
9) Created Development VMware virtual servers for Contract Manager (14.1) databases/application server for upgrades and future version releases.
10) Created Development VMware virtual servers for Project Planner (P-6.8) database/application server for upgrades and future version releases.
11) Maintain Contract Manager (12.1) & Project Planner (6.7sp3) test servers for recovery/corrections purposes on the DART production servers.
12) Administration rights using vSphere 5.1 client application to manage all virtual servers on DART IT domain that are assigned and managed by DART RPD (Project Management).
13) DART RPD Liaison with DART IT to report, document, and track workstation, network, system administration technical issues for resolutions via Service Requests via DARTnet Workflow ID process.
14) Expanded the Shared Network by adding U:, V:, and W: drives for storage on DART RPDFR Shared Network Filing System for Project Folders and files…assign individual’s granted access via group membership to data stored within each project. – less
Records Management Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 3, 2013
Contract work, always changing employer, benefits, never knowing when your last day will be
Great company to work.
Finance Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: lay offs
Great place to work. Needed to advance though. Great sense of community within the workplace.
Very fun place to work.
Assistant to Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: sometime it could get very noise and busy.
Cons: sometimes didn't get to take breaks, especially during the first of the month.
Very laid back environment, Fun place to work, enjoyed former co-workers.
Opening new track lines for easier public transportation.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 17, 2012
Company has excellent goals and objectives to open both bus and rail to more people for public transportation including adding cities to the previous 13-member cities.
very stable workplace
BUS MECHANIC M-6 (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2012
very laid back but also demanding as far as keeping equipment rolling at all times
Productive work place
telephone marketing account person (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: great relationships formed
Cons: healthcare
Productive place to work. Great co- workers. Meeting new people at work and in carrying out my responsibilities . I learned much about transit operations and interacting with the firm's clients. Setting appointments for sales staff was the most difficult part.
It is a good thing to enjoy what you do and get paid for it. I like what I do.
Transportation Station Office Supervisor I (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: open favoritism
A typical day at work is rewarding as well as challenging. It is my primary duty to ensure the safe and efficient operation of public transportation (buses) to our customers (passengers). I have learned the importance of effective communication with the bus operators and upper management. My co-workers are professionals as well. We work together as – more... a team to get the job done. The hardest part of my job is not making it personal (seperate personal opinions from work). The most enjoyable part of the job is my relationship with the operators. I have gained their respect and trust. – less
Internship (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 7, 2012
I learned time management at DART. You work at a fast pace but you shouldn't work to fast, because you don't want errors in your work.
employee lounge,pool table and tv
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 4, 2012
Pros: employee lounge, affordable healthcare, pay raises
Cons: unruley passengers
Enjoyable work environment,your in control of your bus ,just follow the rules and all will be good.
Awesome Company to work for!
Mobility Management Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2012
My dream was to live in Seattle, WA. Otherwise, I would still be working at this company! I love the staff and the supervisors and managers are all fair, fun, and a joy to work with.
Great place to grow professionally
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2012
Pros: free train rides to and from work
Cons: contract posistion ended too soon
I was given alot of responsibility and trust from management to do the job at the onset. This was a motivator for me personally as I was able to roll up my sleeves and start work immediately with assistance as needed.