Dallas Area Rapid Transit Employee Reviews

productive and room for advancement
Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2017
I would recommend this employer because there is always room for advancement.A typical work day starts at 4 am and end 130 am. I have learned to really use time management in my daily schedule.The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and interacting with the people because everyone has a story.
Pros
it is a great company to work for
Cons
the scheduling can sometimes be hectic
Great Company!
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2017
Company is great! Only Downside was the hours and holidays away from family. Other than that PERFECT COMPANY! Hiring process was lengthy but well worth it in the end!
Good Company
Rail Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2017
Good place to work . Hard schedule when your new. Pay becomes good after you have some time in. Management is very helpful. Very safety driven. Great job to have for the long term.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Very long hours, high stress
Good company
Central Support Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2017
A typical day at work is diagnosing a problem and repairing it,I learned to work at a steady pace,the hours are 8 hour shiffs days and nights,the hardest part of job was leav ing what was started
It was very enjoyable to me because I like helping people.
Paratransit Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2017
It was a very good company to work for. Your co workers were always will to help you and there was room for advancement. You could always pick up another shift and if you couldn't make it in to work one day then you could always get someone to take your shift if you let them know in advance.
Pros
You was able to eat lunch at the base free sometimes.
Cons
Your shift wasn't always over when it was supposed to be.
Stable and fun place to work
Servicer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2016
Great opportunity to advance. Good place to make long-life friends. Good hours and opportunity to change shifts if desired every 6 months. Hard part of job is staying put in one position with the great chance you get to advance.
Great communication with employees, strong training Department.
Bus Operator Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2016
Worked at the Northwest division for the whole time at DART. Extremely professional, pool tables, playing dominos, fantastic friends and very supportive.
Nice workplace
Treasury Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2016
The Supervisor are well trained and know what to do. Your co-workers are friendly and love team work. The hardest part is doing Happy Hours and the drinks are half off.
Safety Sensitive, demanding position
Train Operator/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2016
Typical day at work consists of an average of 12-15hrs a day. Great benefits and job security but you must be very flexible in regards to availability.
Really like it
CENTRAL SUPPORT MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2015
LOVED WORKING AROUND ALOT OF GUYS THAT HELP WHEN U NEEDDDED IT.Wanted to start my own SHOP but did not work out . Liked all the benefits they offered
Got very sick. Got Oscar Award as most improved student. Doctor put me to bed during probation.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2015
Nice company. Good benefits and pay. Did not like working during the midnight hours. Had opportunity to re-apply after I got well but found a driving job closer to my house.
Pros
Good pay and Good benefits and working conditions
Cons
Split shifts at midnight hours.
Challenging and always something new
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  1401 Pacific Dallas, Tx 75201August 10, 2015
DART is great place to work, they gave me an opportunity to work many hours with great pay, uniforms and more. However the customers sometimes could be issues that we had to deal with but with control to keep calm and not to get in a argument the day went
better!
DART management worked closely with the operators and helped when they could but sometimes the DART POLICE got involved and they really helped in so many ways.
There is alot of Bus operators covering bus routes , and i found it rewarding to be there on time to relief an operator as pocket schedule stated.
In all it was great training for me! I have been in transportation most of my job career but this job was on safety skills and customer skills.
Pros
Retirement and 401 k with great benefits
Cons
70 miles to and from work
Great place to work to meet different variety of people
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2015
Not a bad place of employment, good pay and benefits are okay. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the different attitudes and the downtown traffic.
Pros
good pay
Very stressful work dealing with the public
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2015
Job requires attention to detail,focus,concentration, strong customer service skills, and the ability to problem solve in a small time frame. Have to be able to deal with people on ALL LEVEL!! Company tends to stray from Federal and State regulated guidelines in order to promote its own agenda.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Irregular hours
n/a
Customer Information Rep (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 28, 2015
Under general supervision, ensures Dallas Area Rapid Transits (DART) customer inquiries and concerns are addressed by answering incoming calls, provides reliable and easily understood information pertaining to all aspects of DART services., and creates a positive image and environment to encourage, and creates a positive image and environment to encourage use of DART and its services.
A good place to work.
Customer Service Information Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2015
Working with DART is a good place to work, you will need to learn to work as a team, but the most importance thing is to be on time to work. If you just do your job, you not have any problems.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Slow advancement
Productive place to work.
Special Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2015
This is a great place to work. The management team really believes in it subordinates. This company has great benefits.
Nice to have been an independent driver
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2014
The management could have been more understanding of employees working conditions. The policies in place created resistance and objections to company's retention of employees. It was fun to work with the public, but avoiding management was my daily goal.
Very productive and a fun place to work
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2014
I enjoyed working for DART. This was a temporary assignment, as I was helping them to close out a position. I enjoyed the people and the work environment.
Environment is okay.
Project Management Secretary (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 12, 2014
Typical work day is a little challenging; however, the duties assisgned are underpaid.
Pros
Flexibility with time