Dallas County Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Pleasant workplace and supportive environment.
Part-Time Contractual Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2015
Instructors are part-time contractual. Management was knowledgeable, supportive and considerate. Extensive student monitoring and recording.
Adjunct Faculity
Adjunct Faculity (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2015
I teach 3D design and Sculpture, but I take a different approach to teaching because many are first generation and minority students. I want them all to feel important while building a strong sense of group, I am hoping this approach will encourage them to success.
Typical day in the office
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2015
My typical day working on Elance was waking up in the morning knowing that I didn't have to commute! I would contact my clients, letting them know what their schedule would be like for the day. Then, attend to answering emails and returning phone calls. Most of my clients were returning clients that I had previously pleased with my work. I would proofread and correct documents. I would print documents from Adobe Acrobat and recreate them from scratch in Word. I dealt mainly with contracts and employee manuals. I remained responsive throughout the day, taking on additional tasks as them arose.
Pros
I was able to set my own schedule
Cons
I lacked the interaction with my students
Very Good Place to work
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2015
Very good place to work. The coworkers are awesome and helpful. Only gets payed once a month, other than that it was a great place to work.
Pros
Quite Environment
Cons
Get's payed only at the end of the month
Wonderful Work Place and Coworkers
DATA COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2015
Coworkers are as much your family as they are your friends. Not all are good friends, but even the "8-5" friends are nice to have around as well. The benefits of vacation & PTO are the best of any company I have worked for.
I enjoy my job very much.
Circulation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 14, 2015
I love the college environment, and especially helping people.I see people from all walks of life. They need help with setting up emails, applying for jobs, and applying for college.
No where to go but up
Cont. Ed. - Bil. Computer Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 8, 2015
Enjoyed working for DCCCD. Fully committed to student excellence as well student achievement. The staff goes above and beyond the 8 to 5 job. Always looking for ways to help students achieve their goals
Pros
Committed to achieving goals
Summary
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 7, 2015
Excellent place to work, the people are so inviting and open, it is truly an honor to have worked here. The most enjoyable aspect of this job would be working with the community and the people in it, that makes the world a better place
Fun place to work
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2015
Its a fun place place to work and network. I've learned how to communicate with people of all ethnic groups and backgrounds.
The Learning Atmosphere
Facility Staff Educator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2015
The Dallas County Community College promotes such a learning environment for both students and staff it is a pleasure to be employed there.
Challenging and rewarding career
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2015
I enjoy teaching because in order to teach, you have to master the subject content. A typical day in class includes Instruction, discussion and evaluation to ensure that learning has taken place.
Pros
challening questions and examples from students
Cons
driving long distance to teach an hour per day
Worst place to work
Dept. Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXFebruary 23, 2015
This job was terrible. Hated everything about it. Including my co-worker that didn't speak to me on a daily basis.
No opportunity for advancement. Very political
Providing affordable opportunity for education.
Sr. Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Never a boring day and the chance to meet and help many students and people.
I've been here longer than I planned but I can't complain, it's been a joy!
District Coordinator of Curriculum Management (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2014
I can honestly say I don't go home stressed out at all. Every supervisor I've had has always been supportive when it comes to balancing work and family. This is the best part for me.
Education and training is adquate.
District Accounting Specialist/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 28, 2014
A typical day at work was meeting deadlines when someone else information affects my reports. Accounting is a team work although the reporting part is more of independent. I learned a lesson not to wait to the last minute to gather information ahead of time. A lessen will have to be learned from each incident. Besides, Great communication skills and ability to work with people of different backgrounds is the key to efficiency and effectiveness.

I love the management at my current job. They appreciate independent work where I can manage my area of responsibility accordingly. Also, they couch and give directions to employees. Co-workers are more of a family. Most of them have been with the district for many years (5 to 45 years). Every year we celebrate employee’s recognitions day and there are many activities where we all are encourage participating.

Coming from a public accounting firm, one of the good things that I learned in this work place is government accounting which was not fun for me while in school. It gave me the opportunity to catch up with myself. Besides, there is no much routine in my current position. I learn new skills every day that I enjoy most.

The most enjoyable part of the job is also the hardest part of the job that is the no routine. Working with internal and external agencies, and reconciling various accounts with deadlines is the fun and hardest part of the job. There is a high level of expectation that requires me to work diligently in a professional and timely manner. I am ready for a new challenge since there is no much room for improvement or
  more... to move up.  less
Pros
paid day offs: in addition to the national holidays, we get one week between x-mass and new year, one week during spring break, and healthcare.
Cons
pay is not attractive.
Student/customer service oriented (TERRIFIC!)
Content Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 13, 2014
Dallas County Community College District is a great organization to work for especially if you enjoy helping others create goals and excel in new endeavors. The priority with DCCCD is hiring individuals that provide meaningful work and possess the ability to have a positive impact on each individual student. The hardest yet most fulfilling part of the job by far was helping individuals succeed that were either struggling with personal problems that they found difficult to overcome and/or allowed to get in the way of their academics.
It was a good experience for the first 8 years and then when I took the higher level position, my job satisfaction diminished.
District Director Organizational Development (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2014
This could be a great place to work. There are plenty of opportunities to gain knowledge, grow and development as a worker. The work was interesting and provided great challenges. I loved this position!

My most difficult challenge was getting on the same page with my superiors. I had five supervisors in four years. Communication was very difficult and usually non existent.

Employees at the Professional Staff level seem to fair much better as they are non exempt and a process must be followed before termination can occur. Administrators are not so lucky. They can be terminated at will at the discretion of their supervisor. Leadership within this organization during the time I was employed, was deplorable.
Pros
educational environment. many opportunities to gain knowledge and information.
Cons
gossipy, polarized culture. no protection for administrators.
Productive and kind
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2013
Nice people. Willing to help you or direct you to someone who can.
Fun while at work
Student Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 26, 2013
Great place to work and impact future generations of students!
Great opportunity for part-time evening work to supplement full-time day position in school counseling.
Counselor/Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2013
Offered wide and varied opportunities from academic advising to registration and advising of students whose first language was not English.

Wonderful experience teaching students whose first language was not English for Continuing Education Credit.

The building facilities were new and enviting. One summer I was hired as a professional counselor (LPC) to do student counseling, that was very rewarding to me and I feel beneficial to students.
Pros
professional environment working with a variety of kinds of people.
Cons
pay scale was appropriate for the part-time positions, however, was not enough to lead me to consider this opportunity at length.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dallas County Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

Dallas County Community College Reviews by Location