Dallas County Community College Employee Reviews

Loved working there
Instructor for Engineering and CE (Current Employee) –  North DallasJune 23, 2017
Taught all areas of electronics including basic, advanced, digital and communications. Also taught classes in industry in math and communications technology.
Workplace Culture
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2017
An awesome place to work,
A typical day is start my morning with coffee then continue with my job duties. If there is anyone needing assistance I will assist. The workplace environment is great. Management is great. There is no hard part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is doing my job and knowing that it's done correctly.
Great People
Program Director/College Professor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2017
Loved working with the students and the other instructors.It was very rewarding to see the students go through the program, graduate and be ready to hit the corporate world.
Fun Working Environment
RCHS Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2017
Working at Richland College allows one to work with a wide range of people from varying backgrounds, with various learning styles. Each day is an opportunity to meet new people and learn something new (even as an employee).
Intense grant driven obligations always met.
Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland CollegeMarch 16, 2017
A typical day included provision of direction to at risk youth 17-21; that included classroom teaching, social issues, referral(s) for personal issues. As well as data entry to document necessary information required for the grant.
I learned to effectively communicate with youth at risk.
Grant management was imperative to maintain for re-issue.
The workplace was one of cohesiveness and dedication to the youth.
The most difficult aspect of the job was seeing a student not make it.
Most joyful was program completion via receipt of a GED and / or a certificate in a vocation.
Pros
Seeing youth succeed. Meeting grant requirements each year.
After 7 years of employement with DCCCD in varous departments was unable to continue with them because I became caretaker for my parents.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2017
My experiences with DCCCD are good. I developed many friendships over the 7+ years of my employment. DCCCD provides opportunity for advancement, good benefits, continued education through workshops, seminars, etc. Employees were invited to participate with various committees for annual functions provided for employees and administrive staff. Ideas were listened to and encouraged.
Pros
Opportunity for continued education through workshops, etc.
Great benefits, but work-life balance is hard to maintain.
Senior Manager, District IT Communications (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 30, 2016
Great benefits, but work-life balance is hard to maintain. It is a good place to work. Nice people, but management has been somewhat distant in the past of employees skills and needs. This is changing, but slowly.
Pros
Great benefits, excellent time off
Cons
Lack of advancement potential, long hours, nights, weekends for IT personnel.
Productive at work
Chief of Police (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75211November 12, 2016
Most of the time you had to work on your break in order to get the work load done. The hardest part of the day was just after lunch. Best part was going home.
Wonderful place to work with students in postsecondary education.
Coordinator of Student Services/EFC Upward Bound (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 9, 2015
Two year community college that has a wonderful partnership within the community. Good place for an entry level position but, not a lot of growth TRIO opportunities.
Pros
Being off on holiday and health benefits are good.
Cons
Management is disconnected from profesionally Support Staff.
Pleasant workplace and supportive environment.
Part-Time Contractual Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2015
Instructors are part-time contractual. Management was knowledgeable, supportive and considerate. Extensive student monitoring and recording.
Adjunct Faculity
Adjunct Faculity (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2015
I teach 3D design and Sculpture, but I take a different approach to teaching because many are first generation and minority students. I want them all to feel important while building a strong sense of group, I am hoping this approach will encourage them to success.
Typical day in the office
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2015
My typical day working on Elance was waking up in the morning knowing that I didn't have to commute! I would contact my clients, letting them know what their schedule would be like for the day. Then, attend to answering emails and returning phone calls. Most of my clients were returning clients that I had previously pleased with my work. I would proofread and correct documents. I would print documents from Adobe Acrobat and recreate them from scratch in Word. I dealt mainly with contracts and employee manuals. I remained responsive throughout the day, taking on additional tasks as them arose.
Pros
I was able to set my own schedule
Cons
I lacked the interaction with my students
Very Good Place to work
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2015
Very good place to work. The coworkers are awesome and helpful. Only gets payed once a month, other than that it was a great place to work.
Pros
Quite Environment
Cons
Get's payed only at the end of the month
Wonderful Work Place and Coworkers
DATA COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2015
Coworkers are as much your family as they are your friends. Not all are good friends, but even the "8-5" friends are nice to have around as well. The benefits of vacation & PTO are the best of any company I have worked for.
I enjoy my job very much.
Circulation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 14, 2015
I love the college environment, and especially helping people.I see people from all walks of life. They need help with setting up emails, applying for jobs, and applying for college.
No where to go but up
Cont. Ed. - Bil. Computer Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 8, 2015
Enjoyed working for DCCCD. Fully committed to student excellence as well student achievement. The staff goes above and beyond the 8 to 5 job. Always looking for ways to help students achieve their goals
Pros
Committed to achieving goals
Summary
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 7, 2015
Excellent place to work, the people are so inviting and open, it is truly an honor to have worked here. The most enjoyable aspect of this job would be working with the community and the people in it, that makes the world a better place
Fun place to work
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2015
Its a fun place place to work and network. I've learned how to communicate with people of all ethnic groups and backgrounds.
The Learning Atmosphere
Facility Staff Educator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2015
The Dallas County Community College promotes such a learning environment for both students and staff it is a pleasure to be employed there.
Challenging and rewarding career
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2015
I enjoy teaching because in order to teach, you have to master the subject content. A typical day in class includes Instruction, discussion and evaluation to ensure that learning has taken place.
Pros
Challening questions and examples from students
Cons
Driving long distance to teach an hour per day