Dallas County Health and Human Services Employee Reviews

It was a easy work environment
Personnel Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2017
I enjoyed my job until a new manager was hired. She was very rude and didn't communicate with employees. She always keep her door closed and was very unprofessional and rude to the employees to would see her regarding work issues.
Benefits
Cons
Rude Management
Not having to work nights or weekends
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2017
Having a job that was strictly 8-5 was awesome. At Dallas County you aren't ever going to be required to work neither nights or weekends and that is awesome.
Pros
Off at 5 Daily
Cons
No room for advancement
Good Company
Outreach Worker/Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2017
Dallas County is a good company to work for. Alliance Data is sill growing and building. The management team is easy and very supportive to the management, as well as the employees.
Worst job
Disease Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas County, TXJune 26, 2017
I considered this job to be the worst job I have ever had. Management was disarray. Leadership was experiencing problems and there was a high turnover ratio.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2017
It was a typical day to just be there..

I learned the needs of others..

Management needed a little assistance in managing..

The culture part was a very diverse cultural setting..

The hardest part was helping those whom were in need..

The most enjoyable part was just there to assist someone whom were in desperate need of assistance....
Pros
Outreach program
Cons
Assisting people..
More compensation
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Great Job security once you get in the company. The only down fall is the pay structure. Employees have gone a few years without raises.
Diverse and fun workplace friendly atmosphere
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2016
A typical day was entering data into the system, answering phone lines and assisting on staff members. I learned how the workload flowed for our department when it had its peaks and lows.
Productive & Positive Energy
Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2016
I always had something to do it made my day go by really fast. Management was awesome and co-works were very friendly easy to get along. The hardest part was on appointment days I would be the only one having to answer more than 100 calls by myself but other than that its an awesome place to work at.
Hard work
Disease Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2015
Very hard work with low pay. Work was rewarding because you help people get treatments and become more educated about communicable diseases.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
not helping enough people
Get along very well with co-workers
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2015
A typical day of work for is me is meeting and greeting my clients, and providing services for them in helping them find affordable homes for their families. I also serves as a resouce for my families by educating them in becoming self-suffcient homeowners, as well as educating them in finding jobs, and reaching their goals for higher learning.
Pros
As a Case Manager I am my own boss
Cons
N/a
Work Day
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 26, 2015
My typical day at work is seeing 5 to 7 people a day to determine if they are still eligible for the HCV program. What have I learned is no one client is the same. I have an excellent working relationship with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is nothing. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the clients.
Pros
flexiability
Cons
seeking other oportunity within housing
Very busy day.
Clerk IV (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2015
Very busy day. Work in a confidential area. Decent amount of red tape and politics. Not enough cross training. Turn over rate very high.
There's a lot of work that needs to be done to improve the work environment.
Worker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 7, 2015
I thought working for the health department would produce a lot of career opportunities but there is no room for growth and it's a very negative environment. I am not happy working for this company and looking to move on. There are no perks to the company/job which makes it not an enjoyable place. The turn over rate is very high.
Secure job
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2015
Management is hard to please. Most are not fair, and play favoritism. Learned a lot about select agents and handling of hazardous samples
Room for growth is small
Eligibility Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 27, 2015
unable to move up because people hold those positions for 30 plus years
I enjoy this workplace because of the fun and energetic patients.
Home HealthCare provider (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALJuly 13, 2014
My typical day consist of making someone else day better. Such as they maybe feeling done and I come in with a smile and a positive word and brighten up their day. The Co-workers that I worked with were very nice and intelligent women. The hardest part of this job is when I had to leave . When we did special activities with the patients this was the most fun part for me.
Pros
special olympics with the patients
Cons
homemaker and personal care
Good place to work to learn various aspects of laboratory testing
Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Good place to learn about laboratory testing. The atmosphere is pretty laid back compared to other private laboratories. The volume of testing is manageable
Typical Day at Dallas County
Community Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2014
There is a lot of things that Dallas County needs to update and change, such has the clock in system and the respect of the employees. The Human Resources department needs to make sure that they are complaint and update to date on the policies and procedures. Also, when there is a disciplinary situation, Human Resources need to consider the employees point of view, instead on going by just what management has provided for them. Another concern at Dallas County is the amount of paper that they use, I feel as though if I clock in, I should not have to provide a timesheet also. The hardest part of the job, is making sure that I have something to do at all times, because most of the time I finish my assignments early. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the clients and my co-workers.
Cons
No cafeteria offered for lunch time, no overtime payments only compenstary time.
Geat People
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 25, 2013
Flex Schedule with certain positions. Supervision was low with no hovering. Great boss and people. Hardest part of the job is the pay not very good. Enjoyable part was that I was busy on some weeks but got other weeks that were slow.
Ok