Dallas County Health and Human Services Employee Reviews in United States

Get along very well with co-workers
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2015
A typical day of work for is me is meeting and greeting my clients, and providing services for them in helping them find affordable homes for their families. I also serves as a resouce for my families by educating them in becoming self-suffcient homeowners, as well as educating them in finding jobs, and reaching their goals for higher learning.
Pros
As a Case Manager I am my own boss
Cons
N/A
Room for growth is small
Eligibility Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 27, 2015
unable to move up because people hold those positions for 30 plus years
Typical Day at Dallas County
Community Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2014
There is a lot of things that Dallas County needs to update and change, such has the clock in system and the respect of the employees. The Human Resources department needs to make sure that they are complaint and update to date on the policies and procedures. Also, when there is a disciplinary situation, Human Resources need to consider the employees point of view, instead on going by just what management has provided for them. Another concern at Dallas County is the amount of paper that they use, I feel as though if I clock in, I should not have to provide a timesheet also. The hardest part of the job, is making sure that I have something to do at all times, because most of the time I finish my assignments early. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the clients and my co-workers.
Cons
no cafeteria offered for lunch time, no overtime payments only compenstary time.
Ok
Weather
Holidays and vacation
Fun place to work
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2012
Low stress, put you through, learnt epidemiology surveillance, data collection, input, and management. Co-workers were friendly and encouraging.