Dallas County Employee Reviews

Good place to work room for advancement
Lead Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas County, TXJuly 29, 2017
When working for the county very strict with time and attendace. Once you have made it thru the probationary period there is opportunity to move up in the company also the retirement is awesome they match once the employee has been vested that is 10 years with the company.
Pros
Staff
Cons
The probation period is 6 months
Continue your Search if you are degreed!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2017
It is a very low paying job for someone with a degree or experienced professionals. They use an outside firm to advise on salary. Politics play a big part in how the departments run. My opinion continue the job search, not worth your time.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cons
Compensation, Work-Life Balance & County Politics
Good pay but horrible management
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2017
Pay and job security are top notch of you can get through the probationary period. Unfortunately all the mismanagement and systemic pettiness makes it an unattractive place to stay long-term. Good for building experience which you can roll into your next (happier) career. Also the health plan is awful! They've moved to a high deductible plan (lots of money out of pocket before the insurance even kicks in) which is great for young people but horrible for families or people with chronic conditions.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything else
Has potiental to be a great place to work,
Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2017
An environment experiencing a cultural change. A tremendous amount of turnover at Dallas County CSCD. I supervised felony offenders on a daily basis. Management allowed me to supervise the offenders with my style in order to assist them in succeeding and being let off probation. Co-workers assisted each other in the absence of an officer so that offenders would be seen and not just sitting in the lobby. The hardest part of the job was realizing that everyone doesn't want help and doesn't want to do better. However the reward with the job was that I was able to help a few people turn their life around and become productive citizens.
Pros
Great Job Out of College
Cons
Limited Growth
Steady work environment.
District Clerk - Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2017
This is a very good company to work for. A lot of people start here and don't leave until they are ready to retire. I recommend Dallas County to anyone in search of a promising job.
Productive work environment
Elementary School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 27, 2017
Elementary education is a wonderful place to work. It is not easy, however no position ever is. Educating young children also includes preparing a child to think independently and work with others. These are lessons that students learn first from home and bring to school, where we as educators mold that into productive citizens.
Pros
Seeing children get taller and grow
Cons
Large student populations
Good people to work with
Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2017
Hours are from 8 - 4:30 Monday thru Friday. I deal with files from the courts on a daily basis. I make sure they go to the proper locations within the county
Great people to work with
Community Supervision Officer I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2017
the supervisory staff were very supportive. Everyone treated each other like family. Staff helped each other...........................................
Pros
director days
Cons
not all holidays were given
Teamwork
Probation Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2017
This is a very good place to work. You are servicing the community and protecting the community as well. This place give you the opportunity to give back in so many ways.
Very different
Human Resources Generalist II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2017
The workplace environment was very interesting. The management style was something that I will never forget. Overall, Dallas County is a decent place to work for.

Want to know more about Dallas County?

Ask a question
Summary
JSO I (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2017
Some of the main reasons it is hard to advance in the workplace is lack of proper training and inexperience. There aren't to many chance that you will be able to advance.
Great job experience
Detention Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2017
Should definitely apply for dallas county if you want law enforcement tips. It's very stressful but an easy going job. You have to be safe in the environment at all times. Because at the end of your shift you want to come home to your family.
job
Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 13, 2017
I enjoy working here it helps improve my customer service and good job security. I have learned how to always say please and thnak you, it takes you a long way.
Dallas County
Assistant Manager Recording Division (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 8, 2017
The County is a fun place to work but you must have thick skin and be able to work with the public. If you loving helping people this is the place to be.
Very intense place to work with juveniles
ESL/Education Assessment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 6, 2017
Not a very good atmosphere for someone who is looking to teach advanced students. The students are incarcerated and the environment is very depressing.
Pros
changing juvenile lives
Cons
low pay scale
Outstanding
Purchasing Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 20, 2017
Very Diverse Organization. Benefits are fair and opportunities for advancement are available. Management supports all staff on achieving full potential.
Pros
Security
Cons
N/a
Great experience.
District Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2017
I enjoyed with the public and my co-workers. Everyday was a great learning experience and learned so much in my 3-4 years with Dallas County. I became more experienced in resolving problems, time management, and scheduling issues.
Dallas County
Juvenile Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasApril 17, 2017
Working at Dallas County I was able to share life experience with some of the at risk youth, by showing them that you don't have to commit crimes in order to survive in the world. I got to be a positive role model by showing positive behavior. By letting the youth he or she needs an education and surrounding themselves around positive people. Paying attention to youth not only let them know you are listening, but you truly cares about their lives. It was a few listen to me and I was very proud the I made an in pack on their decisions of going back to school and make something of their lives, The only thing I dislike about the Dallas County is that they had a stay over list for their employees.
Pros
The pay and reaching at least one youth.
Cons
The stay over list.
Excellent Manager
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2017
My manager has really been so understanding of school and personal life balance and allowed me to work part time and adjust my schedule according to my school. Shes very understanding and easy to work for. The job isnt that hard, but a lot of important things are on a short time frame but very easy to keep up with the work because of management.
Run away as fast as you can
Internal Auditor II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Grants management is TERRIBLE! There isn't any training, only to look at the previous report and figure it out. Top management is terrible so of course supervisors are the same. Supervisors are sneaky and only out for their personal gain. Benefits are terrible for new employees. Micromanagement style. If they do not like you, they will pick on everything you do to force you to leave or find a way to fire you. Top management doesn't care what goes on or how people are treated. Supervisors do what they please and enforce rules of their choosing and to whom they choose. They fire people who don't deserve it and keep those who do. Management hates answering questions so they tell you to ask your lead or another employee. Worst place I've ever worked. I will tell anyone to run as fast as you can.