Dallas Independent School District Employee Reviews

Worked with Students and Teachers
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2017
Placing/Changing students schedules and dealing with confidential info.
There was no hard part of the job most pleasant place to work.
Most enjoyable part was seeing the students graduate.
Pros
Work enviorment
Cons
no cons
Challenging, time consuming
Bilingual Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas,April 24, 2017
I worked for Dallas, ISD during 14 years.
To me it was a great employer. I was devoted to a low income neighborhood with many problems of violence, drugs. But I decided to take the challenge of educate those young students, Many teachers just lasted maybe one semester.
Cons
Too much activities not related to direct instruction, like planning and materials development for every class
Teaching for dallas
Technology Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2017
I originally came to Dallas independent school district to learn how to be a better teacher. I wanted more structure. I learned to be a better and efficient teacher. I learned how to build relationships with students and manage the classroom well. I learned how to create realistic expectations and verbalize clear instructions. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with all of the non classroom instruction related deadlines and meetings that took my focus off my students and their work.The most enjoyable part was watching my students create awesome work.
Great School District
Security (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2017
I love the Dallas ISD and it provides a positive work environment for everyone on my team. The Dallas ISD is the second largest public school district in the state of Texas and has 160,000 students and 21,000 employees.
Pros
Great Kids
Good
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 16, 2017
Typically the work day goes well. The balance of my work load can sometimes get hectic but its okay for the most part. I've learned many things since my start. The most enjoyable part of my day though is going to the Functional Living Skills class and being engaged with them.
Job
Legal Assistant/Investigator/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 16, 2017
Beneficial to a person who just gets out of college or even an intern because you have so many special systems and programs you can work with and get experience from
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  9400 N. Central ExpresswayApril 14, 2017
Very busy but love what I do!
The most enjoyable part of this job and is traveling to different campuses and feeling the atmosphere of the students learning.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 8, 2017
Dallas ISD is an environment where you can be productive and get involved in the total learning of students. The hardest part of the job is seeing students who come from broken homes or who move from place to place. You want to do more to help. Students who learn and advance make the job rewarding.
Rewarding Profession
Teacher | Secondary English | Coach Girls Soccer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2017
I love my job! Students are more receptive to teachers who cultivate positive learning experiences. Attitude is everything in the industry of education.
Pros
Making a difference.
Cons
Students who give up and don't come to school.
Worst school in the district
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2017
I had the misfortune to work at the lowest rated school in the district. It also happened to be the worst performing school in the state of Texas. I can't speak for the other schools, but my experience was awful.
Productivity
Private Music Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2017
Throughout the school year since I have worked with various students, I have seen many successes in which include "First Divison" Ratings at Solo and Ensemble contests and several high school quartets going to "State Solo and Ensemble Contest" for the first time in there schools history. The administration and faculty I have been working with have been very polite and helpful in lending me their students to work with them so they can be the best that they can be. The students are amazed and excited about learning, playing and performing new and exciting music as well as being able to proceed to new and exciting levels of contest and musical adventures they had perhaps only dreamed of prior to my arrival.
Pros
Awesome student success
Cons
Health insurance
A challenging yet rewarding place to work
Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 13, 2017
A typical day at work starts by engaging students. You learn quickly how to manage the students and the time you have with them. The best part is seeing a child learn.
Pros
Dental and medical benefits and summers off if you want
Cons
grading papers late into the evening and working late
Disd
Teacher-Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2017
Good place to work if you are looking to pursue a career in education. Great learning experiences, and always have the ability to change someone's life forever.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Seasonal
Exelent place to work!
Bilingual Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2017
Dallas ISD is an enjoyable place to work. The work atmosphere is very typical and normal. I have worked for the here for the past years and would love to stay within the district.
Student Centered Education
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2017
DISD appears willing to assess student needs and provide resources. The Superintendent also appears to recognize that the frontline personnel's (teachers) mental health is invaluable to working effectively with students and is providing wellness classes to help with the stress that comes along with the job.
Pros
Compensation for teachers is getting better.
Cons
Not enough parent involvement
Stay away
ELA Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2017
Great place to work. All teachers should give it a look. Very good opportunities for bright new teachers. Its a big outfit, so there will be issues, but none the less, its an okay place to work.
Highly positive work environment
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Worked with students with special needs. Modified students work as per their individual needs. Collaborated with the general education teachers on a daily bases. Set up parents meeting to analyses students progress.
Attended staff developments and seminars.
Enjoyed to see my students succeed.
When students regressed especially when medicated.
Pros
Free luch for students
Cons
poor health care plans
Working at William B. Travis Vanguard and Academy
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2017
DISD is a great place to work because you are working with children and fantastic teachers!! I have learned about the ins and outs of the Office Manager position and enjoy watching the students grow. My Principal is great to work for. There is not a time when my job was hard and the most enjoyable part of the job is watching the kids grow and come into their own person.
Good place to work!
Intake Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Good place to work with a peace of mind! Great working environment as well as co-workers. A lot of flexible time and time off during the year to enjoy with your family.
must love kids
Bilingual Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2017
This job is high demand/low reward. Teaching is definitely a stable profession and as long as you are performing, you will always have a job. The trade off is lack of compensation that is on par with similar position in the private sector.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dallas Independent School District. Our community is ready to answer.

Dallas Independent School District Reviews by Location