Dallas Independent School District

Dallas Independent School District Employer Reviews

typical day
Teacher (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2015
cool, its what you make it. Stayed out of politics and just did my job as a teacher. Students were successful because I established relationships that foster growth.
great pay and benefits- heavy caseload
Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2015
I loved working with the kids with speech and language delays. I enjoyed the relationships with the co workers and support staff.
As an employee returning to the workforce after a long while, I didn't have the support from speech supervisors when I was getting "my feet wet" so to speak.
The pay and benefits were great - however, the caseload was quite large.
Working for DISD
English Teacher (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: collaborative lesson planning, great discipline procedures school wide
A typical day at work requires being able to face challenges, being on your feet all day, and engaging young minds, helping them to appreciate learning and literature. I learned how to adapt to new situations working for this district because I was a floating teacher. Management is great here and you get almost instant classroom support whenever engaged with discipline problems. Co- workers are friendly and helpful and everyone operates in a team environment. The hardest part of the job is trying to engage all types of learners in a large classroom size but the most enjoyable part of the job is when you have students tell you that you inspire them or that because of you they want to become teachers themselves.
No advancement for older employee
Special Education Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2015
Pros: Having employment
Cons: No chance for advancement
The hardest part of my job is not having the opportunity for advancement after twenty years of services.I continue to work this job because I have a wife and son that depend on financial support.
Clarity
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL/ MIDDLE SCHOOL (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Peace is important to be happy in what you do. If you are not happy about what you do then you will not be happy in life. Peace is important in life everyday.
TO Big to Fail
Speech Coach/Electives Department Chair (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great kids
Cons: poor evaluation system
In seven years, I had 4 different Superintendents and 5 different Principals. It's always amazing that at the beginning of the year, your evaluation says you're basically the worst Teacher to ever walk the planet, and by the end of the school year, you've become a Master Teacher. Whatever the new 'initiative' is being caudled by Administration is the new 'Catch Phrase' to have posted everywhere and the Student's spouting this 'Catch Phrase' to impress random visitors.
Inadequatecy is an artform.
Digital Media Specialist - Dual Credit Educator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: it's a job
Cons: total incompetence
DISD severely lacks the awareness of keeping a dedicated workforce happy and free from avoidable stressors like not deducting insurance dues when required and then doubling the cost of payroll deduction to compensate for their error. An appology would be nice.
Only work here if you have to
EDUCATOR / SCIENCE TEACHER (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: summers off
Cons: long hours, terrible benefits, short lunches, etc.
Working as a teacher for DISD is the most frustrating thing you can put yourself through even if you are an experienced teacher. Stupid policies prohibit you from doing your job well while at the same time holding you accountable for any short comings. I'm sure there is happy teacher out there working for this district but I can't seem to find them. If you want to know more about working here just look at your local news and you'll get a better idea.
Student Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Provide extensive detailed information to prospective Fellows Academy candidates seeking professional positions as future principles for DISD educational facilities. Administer district policies and procedures, as well as provide backup support to a full time of district executive leaders, and administrative staff members. Responsible for the organization of departmental records, and the set up district wide training meetings.
DISD was a Positive Experience!
Industrial Arts Teacher (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2015
My experience working for the Dallas Independent School was a positive one. I enjoyed interacting with the students, their parents, fellow teachers, and other school personnel. The most enjoyable part of my job was providing the students with an effective education in the woodshop field. The students thrived in all of the hands-on activities.
Productive and Rewarding work place
Educator-Contract Position (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: improving the lives of those i interact with
Cons: n/a
I work with students in the inner city and provide fun and innovative ways to get them excited about education. I have learned a lot about patience and ways to effectively influence people to make positive life changes. I thouroughly enjoy talking with and inspiring the youth to make changes in their lives, which will improve their chaces for the future.
Challenging work environment
Teacher, Grades Pre-k through 5 and grade 6-12. (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: wonderful students
Cons: long hours
The most enjoyable part of my job was watching my students blossom as they learned. The most difficult was dealing with difficult parents and enduring management decisions that negatively impacted the teaching process.
Teacher
Teacher (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Cons: there's not enough room to cover them all
If you want to experience reverse discrimination then go to work here. You will regret it, I promise. Do yourself a favor and stay far away!
Excellent job security while educationing children
Elementary Data Controller (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2015
A work day for me is fast paced, due to the numerous components that is required for my job description. I maintain all records for over 652 students in DISD.

Accuracy is imperative as our funding depends on it. Working with parents and staff is also part of my day to day operations. The hardest part of my day would be making sure all deadlines are met and the most enjoyable part of my day is...I love what I do.
Only if you need a job bad
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 29, 2014
Pros: you have a job
Cons: you have this job
Just pass background and you're in. Must be able to take anything thrown your way. All about who you know. Always a favor for a favor. All crabs in a barrel.
Kimball High School Asst. Helper Volunteer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 17, 2014
A normal Productive day with keeping students out of trouble.
Good workplace overall
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 2, 2014
day to day varies, the staff development classes are great and you will learn alot.
Exciting place to work!
Psychotherapist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2014
Pros: positive work environment
Cons: the cost of medical insurance for a family. excessive computing.
Working with the YFC for DISD, is great and offer new challenges daily. The administrative staff are very supportive, you are a part of a team. The atmosphere is quite positive and the families we serve are overall committed and a joy to work with .
Manageable
Data Controller (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2014
Dallas ISD is a fine place to work - people just have to come to work to do his/her job and things will be fine.
• Top performer with exceptional interpersonal, communication and public relations skills, which allows for the development of a strong rapport with i
Under the direction of the school principal (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: helping children becom effective learnerssuperb benefits
Cons: superb benefits
Under the direction of the school principal, plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students. Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure success for every student. Supervises students in a variety of school related settings. Monitors and evaluates student outcomes. Communicates and interacts with students, parents, staff and community. Develops, selects and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students. Maintains appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices. Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities.

1 2 3 4 5