Dallas Medical Center Employee Reviews

Negative Culture and Poor Management
Director of Case Management (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2017
Working at this organization requires you to work 2-3 different jobs (for example: House Supervisor and Director of Case Management/Social Services) because the company is cutting/combining positions. This company promotes a hostile working environment and allows employees to use profanity against each other openly. HR and Corporate disregards your complaints and usually deals with a person who reports any negative behavior of another employee by terminating their employment.

Management is corrupt and practices intimidation and aligns themselves with negative groups who have the same the views as they do. Management allowed your subordinates to not communicate with their managers.

The hardest part of the job was trying to juggle 2-3 different positions at one time

There was nothing enjoyable about this job.
Pros
Cons
Very long hours because you're exempt (60-80) hours per week
Lovely hospital to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Provide direct quality patient care as staff RN in various clinical setting including medical surgical, Telemetry and ER setting.
Patient assessment, education and preparing patient for procedures including surgery, cardiac catheterization.
Pros
busy and challenging, keeps you moving
Cons
too far from my house
Turnover is high
Registered Nurse/ Charge (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2017
Needs to be better organized.
New staff need better orientation.
Diverse culture which has helped to understand them better and treat patients keeping the family involved .
Dallas medical center
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2017
The managers are very understanding and will work with you if anything comes up unexpectedly and they provided lunch for the staff every once in awhile which was great but no over time was ever given
Was a fantastic job while it lasted, excellent co workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2017
Was great while it lasted, unit closed down. I do not really have much else to say at this time, loved the staff. the unit was allowed to become financially unsupportable
Bad Hospital
Physician Relations & Marketing Liaison (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2017
Medicare Fraud
Employees are overworked
Bias
Inexperience management
No professionalism
No great benefits
A lot of referrals for fraudulent and money laundering
Dallas Medical Center
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2017
Dallas Medical Center is a hospital based facility. It has a lot of bad reviews but it was a pleasure working there. I learned many things and they offered great benefits to their employees.
Great enviroment
Unit Secretary - Physical Therapy Department (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasJuly 24, 2017
I loved working at Dallas Medical Center, it was just too far for me.
The people that I worked with were great. Will definitely do recommend employment at DMC.Great
Pros
great benefits
Cons
cafeteria food too expensive
HR,Payroll and Lab Director need to be educated about respect and diversity
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2017
Lack communication, no respect to employee. It is not how hard you work, it is who you know and listen too that how to keep your job at DMC. HR are not familiar with ASCP, they keep asking for my CPT certification and asking me what is ASCP.
Pros
Friendly Nurses
Cons
inexprience HR
limited growth oppertunity
Med Surge RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2017
limited growth oppertunity, poor work culture, management not organized, shortage of staffing, supplies, physicians not friendly to nursing staff, patients not satisfied
Being a Wound Care Tech/Receptionist
Wound Care Tech/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 1, 2017
On a typical day at work would be me making sure we have all the patients charts pulled for the next day and charts put up as well. Call patients back in to the rooms and getting them ready for the doctor.
Pros
drug reps bringing us lunches
Cons
at times a very short lunch break
heavy work volume under staffed
Lead Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2017
Lack of ability for career advancement due to corporate reconstruction. Staff turnover rate very high due under staffing and unorganized leadership and changes in hospital ownership.
Pros
great on the job training to groom myself for management
Cons
understaffed
Awesome
Lead Housekeeper/Materials (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75234April 6, 2017
Upon arriving to work,I check in with my boss and pull all my orders. I am greatly satisfied when every department is satisfied and no complaints. love
Pros
Wonderful co-workers, free lunches, enjoyable meetings, relaxed back atmosphere
Cons
Short break, unorganized system
Dmc
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXMarch 1, 2017
Dallas Medical Center was where I performed my externship. The techs there are amazing leaders and teachers. Being hired there straight out of my externship was a blessing. With starting a new job I didn't have all the stress and anxiety I would have normally had. Only reason I want to leave is to advance in my career. Its a small facility and they do the same types of cases every day. I want broaden my experience as a surgical Tech.
Pros
A great group of people to work along side
Nice, small hospital
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2017
This hospital is an excellent place to learn the nursing craft. Patient population consists largely of the elderly and indigent making nursing an adventure every day. Great staff.
Great Place to Work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2016
Enjoy working with Director of Medical Services and other employees. The Day Surgery department is one of the best that I have worked with. The OR department runs very smooth. The employees are some of the best
Great experience however the management was not satisfactory.
Phlebotomy Externship (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 20, 2016
My externship at DMC was a great learning experience. I acted as an employee and by the third day I was making rounds myself and drawing inpatients and outpatients. I was encouraged very much by the patients (who were often relieved that the blood drawing experience was with minimal pain) and my supervisor who complemented me as one of the best students she had worked with. However, the management was rather young and immature and I did not see many opportunities for growth.
Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Verifying insurance to insure patients will get the care they need is rewarding. I have learned a lot about insurances and the coverages they offer.
Awesome place to learn and grow
Medical Billing Collector/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXSeptember 15, 2015
This position and organization really challenged me and brung forth great skills of which it helped polish and flourish.
Pros
experience and leadership
Cons
layoff
Easy access from 635
o collector (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2015
I learned to stay strong and work hard. Management is okay and coworkers are friendly. the hardest part of the job is the productivity level. The enjoyable part is dealing with different work related issues.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
no room for growth.