Dallas Medical Center Employee Reviews

Clinical Experience
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2015
The staff members have all been great and willing to help me and others learn. They will treat you like one of their own. Great experience overall.
Overall it was one of the best experiences ever for me.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2015
A typical day at work was exciting for me because I was ready to adapt. I learn how to be proactive , this is a fast paste field . I learn how to be a team player. My co-workers were great. The hardest part about the job is that I had to get use to taking blood everday. The most enjoyable part of the job was how many people I help and came in contact with.
A great learning experience
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2014
I worked in the emergency room so there was no typical day at work , every day promised new activities. I learned how to check insurances. My boss is great I just need more hours. As far as co-workers go the ones I worked with in the ER were great but as far as a lot of the other departments most had very poor attitudes. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning new things
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
people have very poor attitudes
a work in progress
Medical Surgical Telemetry RN/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMarch 28, 2014
I enjoyed getting my 3yrs of experience there, I had an opportunity to be charge nurse my last two years. Ready to see who else I can help.
Enjoyable
RN endoscopy manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2014
I managed an endoscopy suite, worked as needed in the cath lab and OR. I doubled the volume and got all of the supplies consigned.
Pros
management
Cons
they wanted me to take on more without more compensation
good place to work enjoyed work with staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 30, 2013
worked as a staffnusre in meds/surg floor. floor is busy. co workers are help each other
productive and fun work place
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2013
happy face everyday, a place where you can excel, good pay and benefits , management is the bomb always there when you need the advice and help, nothing hard great co workers
Turn around hospital or better yet don't
employee (Current Employee) –  farmers branch, txJune 19, 2013
This hospital doesn't train you, the job description states you have to be willing to learn...but they don't know what they want from you, so they can't train you. But I think they want you to be their BFF and kiss their butt rather than you attempting to learn how to do your job correctly. I would never want to be operated on here as I will have to make a call to the doctor to make sure he followed up with me, and signed the release form in the correct place and hopefully he or she isn't on suspension while performing my operation...but apparently they can! They allow patients to wheel themselves downstairs to the lobby gift shop to purchase items in one hospital gown without an attendant. You have to double check to make sure they called in the right prescription for you, Other doctors have left because the staff in un-trainable. It's losing millions monthly, and there is not enough money to buy basic office supplies.This place is worse than Mesquite Hospital off of Motley Drive....oh wait, never mind because they closed down a few years ago!
Pros
don't have that many beds so that can't mess up too much
Cons
management-needs to also be turned around
Productive and busy enviroment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2013
Face paced, I have gained a lot of knowledge working within this company mostly self taught. The hardest part of the job would have been juggling many different departments at the same time and finding time to finish projects as being the only one who worked side by side with the physicians in three major clinics. The best part of this job would have been the level of trust I gained with my patients by providing excellent care and helping out with anything. I am not a person who can say no to anything and I am willing to go above and beyond to accomplish or do anything with and without being asked.
Pros
employee discounted lunch
Cons
short breaks
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas,TXSeptember 15, 2012
When the hospital is admitting patients it is a pretty busy day. Cant really count on have enough hours you never no when the cenus is high enough for me to work. It does require for me to have another job just in case I dont get the hours.
Pros
12 hours, 3 work days
Cons
benefits, pay, hours
Not an open culture to promote trust
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2012
Enjoyed fellow workers, however middle and upper management became secretive when new investors were found. Gave no warning that Business Office was closing until end of a work day and we were let go with no advanced warning or preperation by management.
Pros
wonderful nusring staff and workers
Cons
management never fought for business office.
productive a fun work in environment
Medicaid/mangercare collection billing (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2012
A typical work is collection and billing learn the different out/in of helthcare. I had fun working with my co-worker .
Pros
hourly rates
Cons
no incentives