Dallas Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Vet medicine
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TexasMarch 16, 2016
Treats patients to the minimum. Anything you do to treat the patient adequately is considered over treating the patient. This hospital practices veterinarian medicine. They order the least amount of orders that can be ordered. They send home prematurely. I would not send my dog to this hospital.
Pros
They do pay well.
Cons
I was scared for my license the entire time.
Location and People
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 5, 2016
The people are great that I worked with there, very close department we all worked together to get things done. There was always things to keep you busy for the day.
Pros
People, Location and hospital setting very friendly
Cons
Not making enough money nor room for advancement
Very professional, safe, team orientated work environment
Emergency room technician (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 25, 2015
My job is a very rewarding one filled with new and exciting challenges each and everyday. My job is very unique in that every time I walk in I know that I am in for something new and exciting. There is always a new opportunity to learn something new. Working in an ER is a very rewarding and satisfying job and I take great pride in working there.
Typically understaffed
Registered Nurse - Intermediate Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 19, 2015
Poor management and always understaffed. Poor training. The doctors were pleasant to work with. Poor team work among the nurses.
Enjoyed being part of a great hospital.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 12, 2015
When the nurses and doctors would not able to communicate to the patient, I would translate for them in Spanish. Time would pass by fast because I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Pros
My co-workers and I would celebrate every holiday we were working.
I like working here
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  IMCUJuly 31, 2015
I like working here.The employees and Doctors are very nice and easy to work with it's like one big family some time ..Smiling and team work is a plus thats the grat thing I like about my job.I have gain so much experience from my job.being that im only PRN.
Director of Surgical Services
Director of Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2015
Politics are difficult at DRMC.
I've learned many things including better physician recruitment techniques.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my Amazing Team!
Pros
Awesome people to Lead
Cons
Aggressive Leadership s/p new company's purchase of DRMC
Great workplace
Clinical System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 25, 2015
Great management, salary. Co-workers are like family. Have learned so much. Do so well with my job they seem to not want to advance me to other positions.
Good Job to get some experience in the field
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 18, 2014
Having no experience in the medical field and starting to go to school for medical coding and billing. I wanted a job that would allow me some experience in the field. My main background being in the in a different field it was hard for me to find a job at a hospital. At this hospital they gave me a chance and I have learned a fair amount, however the opportunity to advance is slim since it is a smaller hospital. You do have quite a bit to overcome with some workers who don't pull their weight and get away with it. Good place to get in get some experience and get out.
For-profit hospital
Director, Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 4, 2014
Great, hard working staff that are loyal through all the changes and mistakes made by their executive team and corporate over the years. Hospital was sold by for-profit to another similar type organization. When I left volumes with very low, RIF's in all departments. When bought out, after I left, things have improved. Reputation of quality and services had been very poor for years, hopefully the corporate change will change that too.
Enjoyable Place to work.
LVN (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 7, 2012
Staff and management are very friendly; a conducive atmosphere to work. You get to know and familiarize yourself with patients and family members as most of the patients always come back when they are sick. Most tough days are on weekend when there are shortage of staff when some staff call in the last minute. I enjoy yhe picnics and some of the outing organized by management. I also enjoy the birthdays recognition.
Pros
good health insurance, nice and friendly staff
Small community hospital with lots of potential learning experiences.
RN/Charge (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2012
I worked for Dallas Regional before and after graduating from nursing school. I also went back there after working for 2 years at Medical City. It was a small, close-to-home place to work, and I felt comfortable there. I became close friends with most of my co-workers, and felt a sense of comfort working with most of the staff. Management was always trying to make things easier for the staff, if it was possible, they would try to do what we requested. I really enjoyed my time there.
Horrible place to work
former employee (Former Employee) –  staffMay 11, 2013
Stay away from this facility. The staffing is horrible. The supplies are always in demand. The Management are poor and uneducated. look out for the snakes in ever corner of every department. Just not a good place to work. The insurance is horrible, and they try to take out for stuff like tobacco cessation. Non smokers are even having this attached to their checks. Bad business practices all around.
Cons
too many to list
Fun Work Place
Customer Service Associate / Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 16, 2014
A day of work involves tunes of great customer service and working with clients getting them registered and a timely fashion.I 've learned patience and how to work as a team player to get results.My co-workers are great and fun to work with.The hardest part of my job is when others don't show up for there shift.the most enjoyable part of my job is helping others.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Could be very difficult due to staffing and educational issues.
Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2013
Up on feet all day, lifting patients with minimal help, and most units were understaffed. Most co-worker's stress levels were high. Administration did not like putting on scrubs and helping even though most of them were RN's. The hardest part of the job was helping sovle large problems and situations that arose on a regular basis due to lack of education for many staff members. Some of the situations that arose actually made to local news.The most enjoyable part of the job was a small number of very well experienced and educated nurses and physicians that knew what they were doing.
Pros
some health care workers were amazing people.
Cons
health benefits, administration, lack of education
Externship turned employee
Externship to HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 21, 2013
It was such a pleasure to work this group of people. They taught me to bill and code Medicaid and Medicare. I also learned to do birth certificates. I resigned to take care of my grandmother who was 86yr old at the time and had fallen in her home. I am the only immediate family here in Texas.
Pros
the opportunity to learn coding from the owners.
Cons
externship wasn't long enough.
Nice environment.
MIS Coordinator/Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Nice environment. Strong IT team. Iseries being replaced in the near future. Management is friendly and helpful. Hospital is being bought by CA company. Will be under new management soon.
Professional workplace
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 19, 2013
My typical day at work is to process credentialing documents in establishing all up-to-date states licenses, malpractice insurances, DEA, and DPS for physicians and allied health by entering information into the database required by the organization. Throughout my work history in the health care field I've learned how important it is to be compassionate and to have great passion for those who need our help from this type of work environment. I have extensive experience providing positive leadership with previoud staff members and a Director for a Home Health Care Program. My hardest accomplishments in the field is knowing I can't provide personal needs for the customers I'm providing services for. It's very rewarding when I know I've made a difference in someone's life in a meaningful way.
Pros
active communication with customers
Cons
not enough time for accomplishments requested
Hospital in the Mesquite Texas area
Program Director, Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXApril 13, 2013
I was the Director over the Wound Care Clinic. Hired, Trained and managed the staff and clinic.
Staffing hours, Budget, Daily Charges, Hyperbarics
Pros
excellent wound care physician in the clinic
Cons
many other wound care clinics in the area
Professional work place.
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 15, 2012
Work Day - work on assigned work orders.
Management and co-workers professional to work with.
Hardest - Purchase orders taking 3-4 weeks to get approved by the home office.
Enjoyable - People in the work place.
Pros
enjoyable - people in the work place.
Cons
1 to 1 1/2% raises annually

Dallas Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location