Dallas Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Amazing Staff
Assists Cardiologist (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 1, 2018
This is by far the most welcoming lab I have ever worked at. The staff is absolutely amazing. I would have stayed if they had a full time position open at them time. Highly recommend.
Pros
Great Staff, Educational Lab
Cons
Slow Paced at times
Ok
BILLING AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2017
It was ok. I loved my boss. Some of the Management was not so great. The people for the most part were friendly. The pay was very competitive to the area.
Pros
Pay was good.
Cons
Managment
Charge Nurse/floor nurse (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Iam open to learn to enrich my knowledge and iam a team worker.I have had knowledge in medsurg, icu and in home health . This experience prepares me to assume more responsibility in health care settings
Pros
clean evironment
Cons
now PTO
Unprofessional Work Place Ever
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 8, 2017
I hate this place with a passion. This is the most cut throat place you can work at. There no room for growth and advancement, no one cares about rudeness the employees show to one another. This the evil place anyone can work for. The older employees have all the pull and get to do what they want. They get all the vacation and go to HR if they are turn down. They talk to new employee like garbage and make you feel like you are nothing. They don't train correctly, you know you made a mistake when they are ready to write you up.
Pros
There was nothing good about this place from the beginning.
Cons
Glad I got out when I did.
OK place to work
Laboratory/Microbiology Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 27, 2017
It's a good place to work, even though the pay for some positions are not comparable to other hospitals in the metroplex. It seems as if we're in a constant state of change and adjustment due to being bought and sold so many times since I've been here, plus multiple changes of lab directors. The staff works well together.
Pros
Management works hard to provide quality patient care.
Cons
Constant turnover of owners of hospital, administration, lab director, etc. Too many foreign nurses.
Good place to work, needs help with management staff
Centralized Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 26, 2017
Good coworkers in your department and other area's. New equipment improvements made, thats a good draw for patients. Need some new direction with upper management.
Horrible place to work
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 2, 2017
I worked this hospital for three years and let me tell you its horrendous the IT department is a flop nobody helps anyone out selfishness. The only people that will stick up to you is the directors of each department,
Great staff. Positive atmosphere
Lead Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 17, 2017
I am involved in many areas of the hospital. I enjoy working in the ER. Nurses and doctors are friendly and knowledgeable. I also enjoy working on the floor with the nurses and inpatients. I spend time in the OR and ICU as needed.
Management is supportive of the staff and very positive.
The hospital is culturally diverse.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I have helped another person. The hardest part of my job is seeing patients in pain.
You will always get canceled never know when it's ok to go to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Meaquite txMay 31, 2017
. I don't want to particapate in this I feel every one needs to gain there own opinion about the place and management not take words from someone else
fun place to work
refer to primary nurse (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 10, 2017
I t was tedious because of paper charting but its all changed now with the new administration. I loved my manager veey supportive , my co workers were exceptional . they gave me the opportunity to be where I am today. the distance though was an hour commute to and fro. I had no choice
Great small hospital and friendly people
Registered Nurse ICU/PCU (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMarch 29, 2017
Nice group of people to work with including doctors, CNO to nurses, and PCTs. Patients are nice and appreciative. Good compensations and benefit. I love this place!
Pros
friendly and helpful staff
Cons
short staff
I enjoyed working at Dallas Regiona Medical Center
RN, CDIS (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMarch 27, 2017
Having experienced an acquisition early in my career, I did not have am opportunity to experience the CDI role as planned,

As an integral part of an overall CDI program, I assisted with bridging the gap between reimbursement, compliance and quality reporting.
Pros
Small enough to know my peers
Cons
Experiencing and acquisition early in my Career there
done
Clinical Process Analyst/Core Measure Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 11, 2016
Abstracting charts/submitting to vendor
Following CMS/TJC guidelines.
Worked closely with management and co-workers.
Keeping changes current.
Ensuring proper patient care.
Pros
recognition
Best job I've ever had
Paramedic - ED (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 29, 2016
The work in a fast-paced Emergency Department is challenging. I worked at DRMC for 8 years and loved every minute of it. The ED doctors, NP, PA, ED Director, etc., were an exceptional group to work with. While the doctors are out-sourced, most were very approachable and treated the staff with respect. The only reason I left was I could make more money outside of the hospital; however, I remained PRN for 2 years after I took another job.
Pros
Great ED staff
Cons
Rude floor nurses
Location and People
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 5, 2016
The people are great that I worked with there, very close department we all worked together to get things done. There was always things to keep you busy for the day.
Pros
People, Location and hospital setting very friendly
Cons
Not making enough money nor room for advancement
Vet medicine
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TexasMarch 16, 2016
Treats patients to the minimum. Anything you do to treat the patient adequately is considered over treating the patient. This hospital practices veterinarian medicine. They order the least amount of orders that can be ordered. They send home prematurely. I would not send my dog to this hospital.
Pros
They do pay well.
Cons
I was scared for my license the entire time.
Typically understaffed
Registered Nurse - Intermediate Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 19, 2015
Poor management and always understaffed. Poor training. The doctors were pleasant to work with. Poor team work among the nurses.
Very professional, safe, team orientated work environment
Emergency room technician (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 25, 2015
My job is a very rewarding one filled with new and exciting challenges each and everyday. My job is very unique in that every time I walk in I know that I am in for something new and exciting. There is always a new opportunity to learn something new. Working in an ER is a very rewarding and satisfying job and I take great pride in working there.
Enjoyed being part of a great hospital.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 12, 2015
When the nurses and doctors would not able to communicate to the patient, I would translate for them in Spanish. Time would pass by fast because I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Pros
My co-workers and I would celebrate every holiday we were working.
I like working here
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  IMCUJuly 31, 2015
I like working here.The employees and Doctors are very nice and easy to work with it's like one big family some time ..Smiling and team work is a plus thats the grat thing I like about my job.I have gain so much experience from my job.being that im only PRN.