Dallas Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very professional, safe, team orientated work environment
Emergency room technician (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 25, 2015
My job is a very rewarding one filled with new and exciting challenges each and everyday. My job is very unique in that every time I walk in I know that I am in for something new and exciting. There is always a new opportunity to learn something new. Working in an ER is a very rewarding and satisfying job and I take great pride in working there.
Enjoyed being part of a great hospital.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 12, 2015
When the nurses and doctors would not able to communicate to the patient, I would translate for them in Spanish. Time would pass by fast because I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Pros
My co-workers and I would celebrate every holiday we were working.
I like working here
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  IMCUJuly 31, 2015
I like working here.The employees and Doctors are very nice and easy to work with it's like one big family some time ..Smiling and team work is a plus thats the grat thing I like about my job.I have gain so much experience from my job.being that im only PRN.
Great workplace
Clinical System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 25, 2015
Great management, salary. Co-workers are like family. Have learned so much. Do so well with my job they seem to not want to advance me to other positions.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 22, 2015
Nice staff. Doctors are friendly. I enjoyed working at Dallas Regional Medical Center. It is a good community hospital with potential.
Director of Surgical Services
Director of Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2015
Politics are difficult at DRMC.
I've learned many things including better physician recruitment techniques.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my Amazing Team!
Pros
Awesome people to Lead
Cons
Aggressive Leadership s/p new company's purchase of DRMC
Nice environment.
MIS Coordinator/Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Nice environment. Strong IT team. Iseries being replaced in the near future. Management is friendly and helpful. Hospital is being bought by CA company. Will be under new management soon.
Great place and great people
ER Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 17, 2014
I love the ER at Dallas Regional!!!! They are an awesome hospital.

I love the coworkers, the patients, and Doctors!!!

This is the best place I have ever worked!!!

If it wasn't for the pay rate I would've never left.
Good Job to get some experience in the field
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 18, 2014
Having no experience in the medical field and starting to go to school for medical coding and billing. I wanted a job that would allow me some experience in the field. My main background being in the in a different field it was hard for me to find a job at a hospital. At this hospital they gave me a chance and I have learned a fair amount, however the opportunity to advance is slim since it is a smaller hospital. You do have quite a bit to overcome with some workers who don't pull their weight and get away with it. Good place to get in get some experience and get out.
great
Medicaid Biller/Customer Service/Payment Posting (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 10, 2014
wonderful place to work, I did the Medicaid billing and collections
For-profit hospital
Director, Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 4, 2014
Great, hard working staff that are loyal through all the changes and mistakes made by their executive team and corporate over the years. Hospital was sold by for-profit to another similar type organization. When I left volumes with very low, RIF's in all departments. When bought out, after I left, things have improved. Reputation of quality and services had been very poor for years, hopefully the corporate change will change that too.
worked nights
Xray technologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 29, 2014
I loved the experience it gave me working nights and variable patients and their conditions. I learned from the different modalities that was there.
Pros
the pay and people
Cons
the hours and management
very fast paced for a rural hospital
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXApril 24, 2014
Co workers are amazing, management is decent. Advancement is, in my opinion, based on who you know. The floor nurses need more education.
Pros
great staff
Cons
no bonuses
Fun Work Place
Customer Service Associate / Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 16, 2014
A day of work involves tunes of great customer service and working with clients getting them registered and a timely fashion.I 've learned patience and how to work as a team player to get results.My co-workers are great and fun to work with.The hardest part of my job is when others don't show up for there shift.the most enjoyable part of my job is helping others.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Professional workplace
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 19, 2013
My typical day at work is to process credentialing documents in establishing all up-to-date states licenses, malpractice insurances, DEA, and DPS for physicians and allied health by entering information into the database required by the organization. Throughout my work history in the health care field I've learned how important it is to be compassionate and to have great passion for those who need our help from this type of work environment. I have extensive experience providing positive leadership with previoud staff members and a Director for a Home Health Care Program. My hardest accomplishments in the field is knowing I can't provide personal needs for the customers I'm providing services for. It's very rewarding when I know I've made a difference in someone's life in a meaningful way.
Pros
active communication with customers
Cons
not enough time for accomplishments requested
Externship turned employee
Externship to HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 21, 2013
It was such a pleasure to work this group of people. They taught me to bill and code Medicaid and Medicare. I also learned to do birth certificates. I resigned to take care of my grandmother who was 86yr old at the time and had fallen in her home. I am the only immediate family here in Texas.
Pros
the opportunity to learn coding from the owners.
Cons
externship wasn't long enough.
Horrible place to work
former employee (Former Employee) –  staffMay 11, 2013
Stay away from this facility. The staffing is horrible. The supplies are always in demand. The Management are poor and uneducated. look out for the snakes in ever corner of every department. Just not a good place to work. The insurance is horrible, and they try to take out for stuff like tobacco cessation. Non smokers are even having this attached to their checks. Bad business practices all around.
Cons
too many to list
Could be very difficult due to staffing and educational issues.
Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2013
Up on feet all day, lifting patients with minimal help, and most units were understaffed. Most co-worker's stress levels were high. Administration did not like putting on scrubs and helping even though most of them were RN's. The hardest part of the job was helping sovle large problems and situations that arose on a regular basis due to lack of education for many staff members. Some of the situations that arose actually made to local news.The most enjoyable part of the job was a small number of very well experienced and educated nurses and physicians that knew what they were doing.
Pros
some health care workers were amazing people.
Cons
health benefits, administration, lack of education
Poor Managment
staff member (Current Employee) –  Clinical StaffApril 15, 2013
Stay away from this place they have been reported on 60 minutes for fraudulent misdealings with the government. They have also been on the local news stations for miscellaneous reasons involving patienrt care in their ER. The biggest issue with this place is that the management staff is very,very poor, and lacking in knowledge in some instances. They have staff members that are malicious, and verbally attack one another frequently, with no disciplinary action taken. Poor staffing concerns with 3 critical patients per ICU nurse, and at times two RT's, one of which may be an agency RT with no knowledge of the hospital at all, to handle the entire building and including a very busy ER. All the charting of patients information is done by paper, with the exception of ER. They run out of needed medical supplies most weeks.. They also use a lot of poor old antequated equipment, They do not support their staff at all, and will make you feel that you are a liability versus being an asset to them. The knowledgable staff members are held down by either uneducated or lazy management staff. The benefits are also atrocious. The Health insurance at DRMC is outrageously expensive, and if you dont use their facility, you are left out in the cold. Most staff their view it as a joke. If you work nights you are completely held out of the loop from the day to day activities. All in all its just not a great place to work.
Cons
poor staffing, poor managemnet staff, poor equipment.
Hospital in the Mesquite Texas area
Program Director, Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXApril 13, 2013
I was the Director over the Wound Care Clinic. Hired, Trained and managed the staff and clinic.
Staffing hours, Budget, Daily Charges, Hyperbarics
Pros
excellent wound care physician in the clinic
Cons
many other wound care clinics in the area